Subject: FVWM: custom install problems

From: Akshay Thakur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 14:11:46 +1000 (EST)

Guys,
I have been trying to install my private copy of fvwm2, but seem to
getting this error message after the compiles are done (ie. when executing
the executable).

~/packages/bin>./fvwm2
ld.so.1: ./fvwm2: fatal: libSM.so.6: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed

I'm not a sysadmin, but I know we have the libSM.so.6 file on our system.

~>ls /lib/libSM.so
libSM.so    libSM.so.6

Do I have to give the ./configure script an option to tell it to find this
file in the above directory?

I run my ./configure already with the following options:
~/wm/fvwm-2.2.5>./configure --prefix=/users/akshay/packages/
--with-xpm-includes=/usr/local/include/
--with-xpm-library=/usr/local/packages/xpm/current/lib/

Your help is much appreciated,
Akshay
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: David Koo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 13:30:38 +0530

::: ~/packages/bin>./fvwm2
::: ld.so.1: ./fvwm2: fatal: libSM.so.6: open failed: No such file or
::: directory
::: Killed
::: 
::: I'm not a sysadmin, but I know we have the libSM.so.6 file on our system.
::: 
::: ~>ls /lib/libSM.so

    See if your LD_LIBRARY_PATH shell variable has /lib in it:
        prompt>echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

    If not, include /lib in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable and try
again:

    prompt>export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/lib
    prompt>configure ...blah ....

    I'm assuming you're using "sh" or "bash". Tinker suitably for
other shells.

    HTH.

Koo
-- 
koo _at_ postmark.net