Subject: FVWM: feature request: viewports and backgrounds

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 20:41:32 -0230 (NDT)

Hello,

I would like to know whether it is possible to have each desktop viewport
display a different background picture. I would guess that at the coding
level this would entail some communication between the window manager and
the running program which displays the picture (in xpm, gif, or other).
The program would pass fvwm a viewport number as a parameter and fvwm
would ensure the picture was displayed in the right place or fvwm could
specify the viewport number to the running program and back. Something
like that.

Thanks!

Neil

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 16:13:39 -0700

> specify the viewport number to the running program and back. Something

Check out FvwmBackground.
-- 
[email-masked]                            http://www.mikehan.com/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"Compulsory education is inconstitutional" - random graffitti
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 19:40:03 -0400

> Check out FvwmBackground.

FvwmBacker

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].