Subject: FVWM: Gnome panel and sounds

From: Subba Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 16:38:18 +0000

I am running FVWM2 2.2.32 with gnome enabled. How do I start gnome panel
when I start my X session? Right now, I am starting it in .xinitrc. There must
be a way to start from .fvwm2rc. How do I use the Gnome sounds?

Any help appreciated.

TIA.
-- 

Subba Rao
[email-masked]
http://members.home.net/subba9/

GPG public key ID 27FC9217
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 19:18:15 +0000

On 11 May 2001 16:38:18 +0000, Subba Rao wrote:
> be a way to start from .fvwm2rc.

  AddToFunc InitFunction
  + I Exec exec panel

I also have the following line

  Style panel GNOMEIgnoreHints

because it seems that either panel in GNOME 1.4 does not use GNOME hints
correctly (it is first shaded when collapsed) or FVWM has no fully correct
GNOME hints support, I can't check right now which one.

> How do I use the Gnome sounds?

I suppose, this is not an FVWM question. Otherwise "man FvwmEvent".

Now when you said about sounds. I noticed that I don't have sounds in
GNOME applications even if I have sound enabled in Control Center.
When I turn this checkbox off and on and then apply, sounds appear in
new apps. I don't know why it is, esd is always running. I think people
on GNOME lists know the answer.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 11:59:43 +0000

> GNOME hints support, I can't check right now which one.

For your information, this bug was fixed in FVWM today.
Still this Style line may help if you don't like GNOME panel moving itself
from layer to layer and want it to stay on the layer of all other windows.

Regards,
Mikhael.