Subject: RE: FVWM: New problems since 2.3.6

From: "Adye, TJ (Tim) " <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 01:25:19 +0100

Hi Dan,

> > I wonder whether this isn't an X-server issue, since I don't get the
problem
> > in 2.3.6 (with the same X-server)?
> 
> My Exceed version is 6.2.0.16 (Help, about).

Just the same for me.

> I'm using W98SE.

I'm using Windows 2000 SP1.

> Can you give more detail about what the annoying screen refresh looks
> like?  What parts of the screen are redrawn.

Nearly everything, even Windows windows (what a silly name for an OS, eh?).

It's a bit difficult to be sure which aren't being redrawn (maybe it's just
too fast), but I can see that everything on the taskbar, all fvwm border
decorations, FvwmButtons text (but maybe not the icons) are redrawn. Also,
if I have a Windows application up, that is also refreshed (eg. Windows
Netscape reloads its page).

I'll let you know how the debugging goes later (bed time now).

Thanks,
Tim.

==============================  cut here  ==============================
Tim Adye, BaBar/DELPHI Groups, Particle Physics Dept.,     _   /|
          Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, UK.              \'o.O'   Oop!
e-mail:   [email-masked] or VXCERN::ADYE (HEPNET/SPAN)  =(___)=  Ack!
WWW:      http://hepwww.rl.ac.uk/Delphi/Adye/homepage.html    U  Thphft!
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 20:36:50 -0400

> I'm using Windows 2000 SP1.

I believe someone told me you need Exceed 7.0 for W2000.

> Nearly everything, even Windows windows (what a silly name for an OS, eh?).

If the  Windows  windows are being affected,   I'd suspect  windows is
rebalancing its colormap.  I don't remember your answers when I asked
about the colormaps being used by Windows and Exceed.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].