Subject: FVWM: icons change upon restart

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 04:56:59 -0230 (NDT)

Hello,

I don't know whether or not this qualifies as a bug but here it is:

1 - I start up some xterms with "xterm -T TITLE".
2 - As soon as the xterms are launched the shell changes their title.
3 - When I iconize the xterms they still use the same icon as the
    Icon specified with "Style TITLE myicon.xpm" in the config file.
4 - After restarting the icons appear different (the DefaultIcon is
    displayed instead)

Now is this something that should be fixed in one way or another?

Other than that the latest release 2.3.31 works just fine!
Good work!

Neil

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 21:46:16 +0000

> Now is this something that should be fixed in one way or another?

This is a normal behaviour. After restart FVWM has no knowledge that the
original title was TITLE. The window title is taken as of time when a new
restarted fvwm captures xterm, i.e. the dynamically changed title.

I don't think that this behaviour should be changed, in one cases you
want to use in Style the original title in others the dynamical title.
The rule is: don't rely on title text if it is changed dynamically.

Start your xterms using "xterm -name TITLE" instead of "xterm -T TITLE",
in this case dynamical title changes still leave TITLE resource name.

Regards,
Mikhael.