Subject: FVWM: fvwm-2.3.31 on cygwin

From: Virtual Janitor x7638 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 18:20:49 -0600

Great work,

Just Downloaded and installed the 1.3.1 cygwin tools on my NT box.
Used the setup.exe utility from cygwin.com's web page for the base
install
and the included bzip2 and tar to install the cygwin xfree86 4.0.3
binaries.
Created a /etc/X11/xserver directory to put the included xfree86
SecurityPolicy in.
Tweaked  /etc/passwd to use /bin/bash and  $HOME/.bash_profile PATH to
include /usr/X11R6/bin.

The only real problem I noticed was no familiar window managers.

I decided it couldn't hurt so I downloaded fvwm-2.3.31.
Ran ./configure expecting tons of problems, but to my surprise configure
completed
even with missing dnet dnet-stub rplay stroke ipc.

I then did a make, and once again to my surprise, success!.
make install.

Unpacked the fvwm_icons into /usr/share/icons.

Reduced my .xserverrc to just:
#!/bin/bash
Xwin -screen 0 1024x768x16

Reduced my .xinitrc to just:
#!/bin/bash
fvwm2

Did a startx  from the bash shell and SUCCESS!
Left clicked on the mouse, went to settings, started FVWM Configuration
added
/usr/share/icons to path and restarted fvwm.

Looks Good.

Thanks for a fun day.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].