Subject: FVWM: Q: Dynamically renaming desks in FvwmPager

From: Von Welch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 11:45:03 -0500 (CDT)

Currently I use FvwmPager to display the current desk w/name (as
defined by *FvwmPagerLabel configuration lines) and then have a larger
FvwmPager displaying all desks that is in a FvwmButtons panel.

I would like to be able to dynamically rename desks (to reflect the
current project that I'm actively working on on a give desk).

Is there any way to do this without killing and restarting the
FvwmPager module?

Alternatively has anyone solved this problem in a different way?

Thanks in advance,

Von
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 12:54:27 +0000

> Is there any way to do this without killing and restarting the

No, for now you should restart it to get changes, i.e. KillModule & Module.

> Alternatively has anyone solved this problem in a different way?
  
FvwmPager labels were designed to be static. If you still want to make
them dynamical, you may use FvwmCommand when switching projects, it may
replace labels and restart relevant module(s).

Regards,
Mikhael.