Subject: FVWM: RE: New problems since 2.3.6

From: "Tim Freedom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 09:26:46 -0700

On Thu 3 May 2001 18:25:43 +0100,
"Adye, TJ (Tim) " <[email-masked]> wrote,
>
> > which I think should mean that the button remains shown as
> > depressed until the XTerm window appears (this is what used
> > to happen). Now the button is only shown depressed as long as
> > mouse button is down. Is this a new bug, or am I using the
> > wrong syntax?
>
>If that's true, it must have been removed recently. It used to
>do this in 2.3.6, and it's still in the (2.3.31) FvwmButtons man
>page:-
>
>               Any fvwm command  is  recognized  by  FvwmButtons.
>               See  fvwm2(1)  for more infomation.  The Exec com-
>               mand has a small extension when used  in  Actions,
>               its syntax is:
>
>                 Exec ["hangon"] command
>
>               When FvwmButtons finds such an Exec  command,  the
>               button remains pushed in until a window whose name
>               or class matches the quoted portion of the command
>               is encountered. This is intended to provide visual
>               feedback to  the  user  that  the  action  he  has
>               requested will be performed. If the quoted portion
>               contains no characters, then the button  will  pop
>               out  immediately.   Note  that  users can continue
>               pressing the button, and re-executing the command,
>               even when it looks "pressed in."
>
>I rather liked this functionality, but I agree that it's not a
>critical feature. If it was decided to remove it (when did that
>happen - I didn't notice it in the news?), then I guess the
>documentation should be updated.
>

I too agree that it was VERY useful and would certainly vote to
have it be reinstated (its the correct intuitive thing to see).
I consider the lack of a "pushed-in" visual a bug; as a compromise
could a flag be introduced to result in that visual ?

Thanks and keep up the great work.

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].