Subject: FVWM: Menu "click" behavior

From: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 May 2001 09:40:46 -0400

Apologies if this is a FAQ; I didn't see it in the FAQ, but I might
have missed it.

I notice the following behavior in fvwm menus: if a popup menu is
shifted "up" because you're too close to the bottom of the screen;
clicking on the button that pops-up the menu has the effect of
immediately selecting the item that appears where the click
occurred. (Because the shifted menu has placed the menu title bar
"above" the location of the pointer.)

Is it possible to change the timings or menu behavior so that a second
click is *always* required to select a menu item?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

P.S. Why, you may ask, doesn't he just move the window up so this
problem doesn't occur? Well, it's because I'm running fvwm2 on my iPAQ
and it has a really tiny screen. :-) It also has a touch-sensitive display
which makes it really easy to click but considerably more tedious to
click-and-hold or click-and-hold-and-drag.

-- 
Norman Walsh <[email-masked]> | If you wish to advance into the
http://nwalsh.com/            | infinite, explore the finite in all
                              | directions.--Goethe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 15:57:38 +0200

> click-and-hold or click-and-hold-and-drag.

Although this is not a problem with the current 2.3.x betas you
will probably want to replace the 'Popup' command with the 'Menu'
command in your config file.  If you use Menu to open menus they
do not pop down when you release the button.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].