Subject: FVWM: Setting root window color

From: "Ripalda-Marin, Miguel-Angel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 17:37:14 +0100

Hi,

how can I set the color of my root window? I don't want images on my
background, just one plain RGB color...

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Miguel Ángel Ripalda Marín 
Siemens Elasa S.A. 
T, I + D Sistemas 
Pol. Malpica, D-98 50016 Zaragoza, España
*	(34) 976 760 300 ext. 451
*	(34) 976 760 346
*	[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 May 2001 13:02:52 -0400

%% "Ripalda-Marin, Miguel-Angel" <[email-masked]> writes:

  rm> how can I set the color of my root window? I don't want images on my
  rm> background, just one plain RGB color...

This isn't a window manager question (the window manager doesn't control
what goes on your root window), but...

You can use "xsetroot -solid Blue" or whatever color you want.

Put it into your ~/.xinitrc file (if you're running startx or similar),
or your ~/.Xsession (or sometimes ~/.xsession) of you're using XDM or
similar.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].