Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 up and running on Cygwin

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 04:14:06 -0230 (NDT)

Hello,

For those of you that are interested in doing so getting fvwm2 to run on
Cygwin+XFree86 is fairly easy. All one has to do is install Cygwin+XFree86
both of which are available from sources.redhat.com and install fvwm2
in the usual way and then edit /usr/X11R6/lib/startxwin.bat so that the line:

start vtwm

becomes:

REM start vtwm
start /usr/local/bin/fvwm2

and then run /usr/X11R6/bin/startxwin.bat.

I am using the version of cygwin from January with DLL version major 1001,
minor 8, epoch 19. The newer version of cygwin has a prebuilt version of
the XPM package as well among other enhancements.

Fvwm version 2.3.32 has the same problem as 2.3.31 (not really a problem
though) which is that make halts when mkfifo is encountered just before
the FvwmCommand/FvwmCommandS stuff. Theoretically it should be possible
to fix this becaue the configure script detects POSIX compliance as not
being available.

As of this moment the window on which I recompiled fvwm2 is not repainting
itself and the Close entry from the drop down menu is not working but
everything else seems to be working fine.

Regards,

Neil

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].