Subject: FVWM: No luck with Focus ...

From: Markus Grunwald <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 14:30:43 +0200

Hi !

Can someone explain to me, why that doesn't work ?

AddToFunc XCalcFunction
+ "I" Exec xcalc -geometry +300+200
+ "I" Next [ Calculator  ] focus

The calculator shows up, but it has no focus...
Ah, yes: FVWM version 2.3.30

TIA !
-- 
Markus Grunwald

Registered Linux User Nr 101577      PGP Key:
http://counter.li.org                http://www.grunwald.2xs.de
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 14:45:15 +0200

> Ah, yes: FVWM version 2.3.30

This does not work because fvwm does not wait until the calculator
appears before continuing the function.  Thus,

  Next [ Calculator ] focus

is executed before the calculator window is created.  Try this
instead:

  Style Calculator GrabFocus

or wait for the window before continuing:

  AddToFunc XCalcFunction
  + "I" Wait Calculator

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 08:51:30 -0400

> Ah, yes: FVWM version 2.3.30

You need to wait for the window to be created:

DestroyFunc XCalcFunction
AddToFunc XCalcFunction
+ "I" Exec xcalc -geometry +300+200
+ "I" Wait Calculator
+ "I" Next [ Calculator  ] focus

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].