Subject: FVWM: Netscape's save missing button

From: "Tim Freedom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 11:46:59 -0700

Howdy, I've had this problem for ages now (ever since fvwm-2.0 was
released I think). Whenever I try to save something (ALT-s) within
netscape the "Save As..." window shows up with only 1 button
eventhough I have 2 buttonstyles specified and all my
windows/xterms/etc have these 2 buttons on them.

#.fvwmrc parts
ButtonStyle 1 17 20x20@1 30x20@1 50x40@1 70x20@1 80x20@1 80x30@0
                 60x50@0 80x70@1 80x80@0 70x80@0 50x60@0 30x80@0
                 20x80@0 20x70@0 40x50@1 20x30@0 20x20@1
ButtonStyle 2 14  0x0@1   0x20@1 20x20@0 20x0@0   0x0@1  0x25@1
                 25x25@1 25x0@1  55x0@1 55x55@0  0x55@0  0x60@1
                 60x60@1 60x0@1

#     Button    Context Modifi  Function
Mouse 0         1       A       Iconify
Mouse 0         2       A       Resize

(please note that each buttonstyle is a single line)

So here's the weird thing.  When I get this transient "Save As..."
window for the first time after starting Netscape its size is normal.
All subsequent times, its almost half the "normal" size and I have to
go into my menu setting and "resize" that window.

Is this a known bug ?

BTW-1: my ALT-f "Netscape: Find" also shows up without a second
button, but it doesn't have the half-sized problem.

BTW-2: my ALT-o "Netscape: Open Page" also shows up without a second
button and it also beeps whenever I try to resize it (that's fine,
just mentioning it to note that the lack of a second button makes
sense since that button is used for resizing, but is fvwm that
smart ?? :-)

Thanks for the help in advance.

  Netscape : 4.75[en]-20000814
  uname -a : SunOS fork 5.7 Generic_106541-15 sun4u
  fvwm	   : fvwm-2.3.32

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 19:17:21 +0000

> windows/xterms/etc have these 2 buttons on them.

This question was asked (and answered) several days ago, about mozilla.

Netscape uses MWM hints to control buttons. If you don't like this, do:

  Style Netscape NoDecorHint

> go into my menu setting and "resize" that window.

I saw these Netscape size problems too. I think this is a Netscape bug.

> sense since that button is used for resizing, but is fvwm that

_You_ made it smart by assigning mwm hints to some buttons (MwmDecorMin,
MwmDecorMax, MwmDecorMenu and more) in your rc.

Then Netscape asks not to show maximize and minimize buttons for some
of its subwindows and FVWM respects this by default (Style MwmDecor).

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 20:18:33 +0000

>   Style Netscape NoDecorHint

In fact, you also need:

  Style Netscape NoFuncHint

because NoDecorHint has no effect with MwmFunctions.

Regards,
Mikhael.