Subject: FVWM: Can't get back to GNOME

From: "SKi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 09:40:41 -0500

I used the Desktop Switching Tool in GNOME (Default RH6.2 install) to switch
to FVWM. When I try to switch back to GNOME, well, it doesn't. Any help of
how I can get back to GNOME would be appreciated.
SKi

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:05:01 -0500

> how I can get back to GNOME would be appreciated.

Run switchdesk from a command line, it will create for you .Xclients and
.Xclients-default files with "exec gnome-session" like its man page says.
Rename ~/.xinitrc if you have one. Rerun X. GNOME should be loaded.

Or maybe you defined fvwm as a window manager of GNOME? In this case just
go to the panel's menu settings and choose another window manager.

Regards,
Mikhael.