Subject: FVWM: Make Icon Sticky on demand

From: Andre Bonhote <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 12:27:25 +0200

hi list!

i am using several xterms which have this active-icon-feature enabled.
usually, icons are not sticky, so they'll stay where i iconized them.
but sometimes, when compiling stuff or watching logfiles, it would be
nice to have the icon sticky on all desks/viewports. 

i already have the "sticky" command configured to be used via keyboard
shortcut, but this makes the whole window sticky - which is not what i
want. i'd like to have something like "StickyIcon" as a command.

shall i do this via styles? this is not very comfortable for it's
limited to a window class (which is also not what i want: i'd like to
have it for one specific window!).

does anybody know how to do this? or am i asking too much [1]?

i'm using 2.3.31 from cvs. it's a quite recent build.

thank you in advance!

andré

[1] hah! the more features i get, the more i come to such weird ideas!
fvwm2 is just too configurable ;)
-- 
Shaw's Principle:
        Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will
        want to use it.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 14:56:35 +0200

> have it for one specific window!).

This can only be done as a style right now.  If the window does
not have a unique name/icon name/class or resource (or you can
give it a unique name) you are out of luck.

If there ever is a 3.0 release, tying styles to individual windows
will be one of the major features.

> fvwm2 is just too configurable ;)

No, it *isn't*.  Actually it's not flexible enough.  Otherwise
people would not keep asking for new features of this kind :-)

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andre Bonhote <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 08:07:17 +0200

> people would not keep asking for new features of this kind :-)

ey, come on! you dev'ping guys did great work, you know that! and all of
this for free (which means: for us). you don't have to launch
google-keyword-cheating-search-promos to spread one of the most flexible
windowmanagers all over the world. if i need something slim an lean, i
take fvwm2. if i need something big'n fat, i take fvwm2 too! that's my
opinion (for several years now).

so don't underestimate your work.

yours

andré