Subject: FVWM: Positioning stubborn windows ?

From: Markus Grunwald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:16:31 +0100

Hi !

Some programs which  I am using are stubborn if i want to position them with 
--geometry ... KMail for example completely ignores such attempts.

Is there a way, fvwm2 can help me ?

-- 
Markus Grunwald

Registered Linux User Nr 101577      PGP Key:
http://counter.li.org                http://www.grunwald.2xs.de
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:19:06 +0100

> Is there a way, fvwm2 can help me ?

You could try to set the geometry in your .Xdefaults file:

  *Kmail*geometry: ...

and at the same time use this style

  Style kmail NoPPosition

This may or may not help.  If all else fails, you can program a
trigger vith FvwmEvent that moves the kmail window as soon as it
pops up.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].