Subject: FVWM: IconMan getting confused

From: Harry Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Mar 2001 12:32:17 +0100

Occasionally my FvwmIconMan gets very confused, and won't respond to
the actions I've bound to it. It doesn't matter if I restart Fvwm or
kill the IconMan and then restart Fvwm, the thing just stays
silent. It still is partly running, because the window that has the
focus is highlighted in the IconMan. All I can do is to quit the
xsession and restart to regain full control. Any ideas ?

# partial ~/.fvwm2rc
*FvwmIconMan*action Mouse       1 N sendcommand Raise
*FvwmIconMan*action Mouse       2 N sendcommand Iconify
*FvwmIconMan*action Mouse       3 N sendcommand Lower
*FvwmIconMan*action Key         Up N quit
*FvwmIconMan*action Select      sendcommand focus

# system
FreeBSD 4.3-RC, XFree86 4.0.3, Fvwm 2.2.4

-- 
Harry Newton
harry_newton at telinco.co.uk
www.gaudeamus.telinco.co.uk/html/gpg.html
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 18:33:24 +0200

> xsession and restart to regain full control. Any ideas ?

Did you by any chance press the num-lock, scroll-lock or caps-lock
key when this happens?  If so, just hit the corresponding key
again.

If that does not help, please try the latest beta release.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].