Subject: FVWM: help make error

From: "WildWiredWacky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 15:43:51 -0500

I try to compile fvwm under cygwin for NT.
This is the error messae I got.  Any help
is appreciated:

.....
make[4]: Entering directory `/temp/fvwm-2.3.29/modules/FvwmCommand/scripts'
cd ../../.. \
  && CONFIG_FILES=modules/FvwmCommand/scripts/Makefile CONFIG_HEADERS=
/bin/sh ./config.status
creating modules/FvwmCommand/scripts/Makefile
make[4]: Leaving directory `/temp/fvwm-2.3.29/modules/FvwmCommand/scripts'
make[4]: Entering directory `/temp/fvwm-2.3.29/modules/FvwmCommand/scripts'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/temp/fvwm-2.3.29/modules/FvwmCommand/scripts'
make[4]: Entering directory `/temp/fvwm-2.3.29/modules/FvwmCommand'
gcc  -g -O2  -o FvwmCommandS  FvwmCommandS.o -L../../libs -lfvwm
FvwmCommandS.o(.text+0xb9e): undefined reference to `mkfifo'
FvwmCommandS.o(.text+0xbc7): undefined reference to `mkfifo'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [FvwmCommandS] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/temp/fvwm-2.3.29/modules/FvwmCommand'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/temp/fvwm-2.3.29/modules/FvwmCommand'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/temp/fvwm-2.3.29/modules'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/temp/fvwm-2.3.29'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 16:45:57 -0600

> make[4]: Leaving directory `/temp/fvwm-2.3.29/modules/FvwmCommand'

Either cygwin does not implement mkfifo function (POSIX) or it is defined
in other than sys/stat.h place. Can you try to find this out?

Do you have a linking problem if you explicitly add the following line to
the end of FvwmCommand.h?

  extern int mkfifo (const char *pathname, mode_t mode);

Regards,
Mikhael.