Subject: FVWM: problems with IconBox and IconGrid

From: Perry Hutchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 11:22:37 -0800 (PST)

Given this entry in .fvwm2rc

Style "*" IconBox 320x80+1040+176, IconBox 560x160+1040+256, \
	  IconFill top left, IconGrid 80 80

FVWM appears to apply the IconGrid specification only to the second
IconBox -- it tight-packs the icons in the first IconBox instead
of spacing them out.  I have tried putting it all on one (long)
line instead of using an escaped newline, with the same result.

However, using this entry instead

Style "*" IconFill top left, IconGrid 80 80, \
	  IconBox 320x80+1040+176, IconBox 560x160+1040+256

I get no IconBox behavior at all -- each icon appears at the upper
right corner of where its window was.

I want FVWM to fill the 320x80+1040+176 area left to right at a grid
spacing of 80, then fill the 560x160+1040+256 area left to right/top
to bottom at the same grid spacing.  Is this possible?  and if so,
how?

Fvwm Version 2.2.4 compiled on Feb  4 2000 at 03:41:44
running on
Red Hat Linux 6.2 2.2.16 #9 SMP Thu Oct 26 15:03:24 PDT 2000 i686 unknown
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 14:39:41 -0500

> line instead of using an escaped newline, with the same result.

Style * IconBox 320x80+1040+176, IconFill top left, IconGrid 80 80, \
        IconBox 560x160+1040+256, IconFill top left, IconGrid 80 80

IconFill and IconGrid are applied to the box previously defined.

> right corner of where its window was.

You are probably getting an error message on the IconFill since it
has no box to apply the fill rule to.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].