Subject: FVWM: IconBox problems ...

From: Andre Bonhote <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:28:22 +0100

hi list

i would like to have my icons lined up in a box right next to my
FvwmButtons-column at the right window border. i opened an xterm,
moved and resized it and used "FvwmIdent" to show its coordinates.
now i put all this in my fvwm2rc, using these coordinates:

Style   *       IconBox 20x71+1007+0, IconFill left top

this works fine for the first window i iconize, but all the following
icons will stack up on the left border of my root window.

i am currently using today's cvs sources.

fvwm2 reacts similar with all the windows. i also don't have another
IconBox defined in my rc.

what am i doing wrong? do i have to use another geom. syntax?

thank you in advance

andré
-- 
Real programmers don't comment their code.  It was hard to write, it
should be hard to understand.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:11:51 -0500

> Style   *       IconBox 20x71+1007+0, IconFill left top

Xterm gives you window sizes in terms of character lines and columns.
You've got a 20x71 pixel icon box.
Use xv to get the geometry instead.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andre Bonhote <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:52:44 +0100

> Use xv to get the geometry instead.

ah, great. this works fine ... one has to know ...

thx!

andré