Subject: FVWM: kde2 support multihead? XFree86v4.? support multihead?

From: Peter Bismuti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:47:26 -0800

I just heard a rumor that kde2 supports multihead configurations.  Can
anyone confirm or deny this?  If this is true it makes it even more
desirable that fvwm become kde2 compliant since my understanding is that
gnome still cannot support multihead.  

I also heard that Xfree86V4.? will support multihead.  I use AcceleratedX
now, if this is true I may an interested to see the two will compare.  

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 17:45:54 -0500 (EST)

> now, if this is true I may an interested to see the two will compare.

My boss is running RedHat 7, and he purchased himself the Matrox G450
(dual-head). He got it set up just fine, X shows it as one continuous
screen. Therefore whatever window manager you run doesn't know it's two
physically different screens. He's got gnome setup with some Fvwm2 cvs
snapshot as the window manager. Works quite well. This is with XFree
4.0.something (whatever RedHat 7 ships with).
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ----------+----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C++$ UL/S/I/B++++$ P+ | "In the ongoing battle between objects
L++ E- W+(+++) N K-  w(---)  O-- M@ |  made of aluminum  going hundreds of
V(--) PS+++  PE Y+ PGP@ t++ 5 X+ R- |  miles per hour and the ground going
tv+ b- DI++++  D+(+++) G  e>++ h--- |  zero,  the  ground has yet  to lose."
r++ z+>+++ - END GEEK CODE BLOCK ---+