Subject: FVWM: FvwmTheme ColorSet question

From: Shao Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:39:55 +1100

Hi,

I am trying to use FvwmTheme's ColorSet to setup transparent FvwmIconMan,
FvwmPager, and FvwmWinList.

With FvwmPager, I get away with the option *FvwmPagerPixmap. But I cannot get
the other two's color to match up with my background.

Here is what I have:

*FvwmThemeColorset 8 AspectPixmap debian.xpm
*FvwmThemeColorset 8 bg Average (tried with/without this line)
*FvwmPagerColorset * 8 (not working, wrong color)
*FvwmIconMan*Colorset 8 (not working, wrong color)
*FvwmWinListColorset 8 (not working, wrong color)

I am using Fvwm 2.3.28 on FreeBsd 4.2. Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards,

Shao.

-- 
Shao Zhang                          Tel:  (02) 9209 4838
Software Engineer                   Fax:  (02) 9209 4992
Redfern Broadband Networks (RBN)    Mail: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:30:36 +0100

> *FvwmIconMan*Colorset 8 (not working, wrong color)

Colour sets do not really support transparency.  You can use a
'transparent' colour set, but that does not work well with windows
that change their interiors:

  *FvwmThemeColorset 8 Transparent

However, you don't really need a transparent IconMan because it
can be configured to change its window size dynamically when
windows appear or disappear:

  *FvwmIconMan*managergeometry 1x0

or

  *FvwmIconMan*managergeometry 0x1

> *FvwmWinListColorset 8 (not working, wrong color)

I don't understand what you are trying to do here.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].