Subject: FVWM: raise for SloppyFocus

From: schaecsn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 21:57:03 -0800

hi [email-masked]

i try to configure fvwm the way i want it.

i want to use SloppyFocus (or focus-follows-mouse) mode, but not 
click-to-focus mode. so, when I focus a window that is parially covered
by another window I usally need to raise it by myself. right now I raise
it
by clicking on the border; but I want to raise it by clicking into the
window. how do I do it? A line like

Mouse 1		W	N	Raise

doesn't really work. The window will be raised if it's below another
window. That's fine. Unfortunately the mouse klick is not given to the
application, either. Each time I click on a window the application's
functionality is not executed, just the Raise-function is exectuted. 

any help is greatly appreciated.

right now i have fvwm 1.x running; if this functionality should be
possible just in fvwm 2.x then I will happily upgrade.

- Stefan

ps. if you reply please make sure you also cc: to schaecsn@gmx.{de,net}
-- 
   ___  ___       __         |   Name: Stefan Schäckeler
  /  / /  /____  (__)__  ___ | E-mail: [email-masked]
 /  /_/  /  _  \/  /\  \/  / |    day: Solaris 2.5.1, HP-UX 10.20
 \___,__/__//__/__/ /__/\__\ |  night: slackware 3.0, netbsd-hp300 1.3.1
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:06:08 +0100

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 09:57:03PM -0800, schaecsn wrote:
> window. how do I do it?

With 2.2.x, use

  GlobalOpts MouseFocusClickRaises

With 2.3.x the GlobalOpts command has been replaced by individual
window styles:

  Style * MouseFocusClickRaises

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].