Subject: Re: FVWM: Setting delay on SloppyFocus

From: Glen Lee Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 01:23:45 -0600 (CST)

Thanks,

I opted to take Dan's suggestion - I added another button to the title bar, or,
more specifically, I added the root menu to mouse 1 on button 1, and moved the
Window-Ops2 menu to mouse 3 on button 1.

Actually it's much more convenient than trying to find an open hole to the root
window. <grin>

Glen

Monday, at 08:10, Erik Steffl sent through the Star Gate:

>
>
>Dan Espen wrote:
>>
>> Glen Lee Edwards <[email-masked]> writes:
>> > Is there a way to set a short delay on SloppyFocus before it brings a different
>> > window into focus?
>>
>> There is no way to do this that I'm aware of.
>>
>> Either bind the menu to a key, or bind the menu to mouse button over
>> a window title, button, or frame.  To not interfere with existing
>> mouse bindings, you can use the motion or double click modifiers.
>>
>> I think using a key makes the most sense.
>
>  while you cannot (probably) delay the focus grabbing you can prevent
>the window from being raised (man FvwmAuto), it's not exactly the same
>thing as you want but it's the closest thing I can think of...
>
>	erik
>--
>Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
>To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
>message to [email-masked].
>To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].
>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Glen Lee Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 01:54:46 -0600 (CST)

When I use Alt-Tab to change windows the mouse pointer tends to move to pos +0+0
on the screen.  I find this extremely annoying, because I'm set for SloppyFocus,
and my windows don't always open to position +0+0, meaning more often than not
the new window looses focus before I can do anything with it.  Is there a way
to keep the mouse pointer in the middle of the screen, or tell it to move to the
middle of the screen with a window focus change?

Thanks,

Glen

---

From: Glen Lee Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 02:00:22 -0600 (CST)

Is there a way to position a subpanel that appears from clicking a button on the
main FvwmButtons bar other than stating up, down, left, or right?  I'm having
trouble with buttons on the left side of the screen - when I click it the
appearing panel tends to fall off the left side of the screen leaving half the
left button missing.  It still works, but is hardly aesthetically pleasing.

I read the position section of man FvwmButtons, but without an example line for
me to try out in my .fvwm2rc file I just couldn't figure out what was being
said.

Thanks!

Glen

---

From: Glen Lee Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 10:27:44 -0600 (CST)

I rebooted my brain, re-read the man page on "Positon", and came up with the
following:

*FvwmButtons(1x1+2+1, Frame 4, Title "Misc Programs", Icon misc.xpm, \
    Panel(steps 0, Position Button left -200p 0p) MiscP "Module FvwmButtons \
    -transient MiscP")

Works great!

Glen