Subject: FVWM: How do I get back to my default?

From: Pedro Okoruwa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:57:51 -0600 (CST)

Hello,
I just installed a copy of red-hat  linux 6.2 and trying to familiarize myself with all the neat things the author was talking about.  From gnome I went into trying to configure fvwm.  The only problem is, whenever I log in as root, I am thrown straight into the fvwm instead of the planin old gnome interface.

What did I do wrong and how can I go to my default installation?

Thanks.

Pedro

---------------------------------------------
 WANT A NEW JOB? THEN LET THE JOB FIND YOU

 Visit www.ecruit.com.au and register your
 profile. Then the headhunters can find you. 

---------------------------------------------
 Get your own free email account at
 http://www.freemail.com.au/ now part of the 
 Webuser.com.au independent portal. Visit at…
 http://www.webuser.com.au
---------------------------------------------

---

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 07:34:16 -0500 (EST)

Wow, this is a new one.  I never heard of people trying desperately to get
away from fvwm!  The FVWM95 default with redhat is icky...

That said, I really don't know what you've done, but you should look for a
file called .xsession or .Xclients in ~root.  Most default installations
of RH6.2 will throw you in enlightenment as a window manager.  One way
this behavior can be overridden is in the case that one of the above files
exist.

One other point is relevant.  From the gdm interface you can also choose
gnome as a window manager which will also override the default behavior.

Tom

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Pedro Okoruwa wrote:

>Hello,
>I just installed a copy of red-hat  linux 6.2 and trying to familiarize
>myself with all the neat things the author was talking about.  From gnome
>I went into trying to configure fvwm.  The only problem is, whenever I
>log in as root, I am thrown straight into the fvwm instead of the planin
>old gnome interface.
>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:07:47 +0100

> away from fvwm!  The FVWM95 default with redhat is icky...

Have you ever seen the fvwm configuration coming with SuSE?  I can
understand well if people avoid it at all cost.  This config comes
from the computer stone age :(

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].