Subject: FVWM: remapping Alt-tab

From: Alex Pecoraro <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:18:55 -0800

Can someone tell me how to remap the Alt-tab keys functionality to a new set
of keys? I have tried to change it through the system.fvwm2rc file, but it
does not seem to have an affect ( I don't have a personal .fvwm2rc file in
my home directory). I need to do this so fvwm doesn't intercept the signal
before it gets to my ICA client running a windows NT profile. So that I can
tab between applications in the ICA client and use a different key mapping
to tab between applications on the X desktop. Thanks.
 
Alex

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:58:41 -0500

Alex Pecoraro <[email-masked]> writes:
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
> this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

Please, no html.

> to tab between applications on the X desktop. Thanks.

You should mention the release you are using.  I'm going to assume
its a current beta.

You can remove the built in binding like this:

Key Tab A M -

You can assign the window list to Control Tab like this:

Key Tab A C WindowList Root c c NoDeskSort

Unfortunately control-tab doesn't seem to be a good key to use
with the SelectOnRelease feature in the current betas.  Maybe someone
else has a better key to use.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].