Subject: FVWM: problem with ALIGNMENT OF A LOGO

From: Abinash Yadav <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:11:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I am quite new to fvwm.
I am trying to ALIGN one .xpm file(logo) to a certain
place (say BOTTOM_RIGHT_CORNER) but not able to set it
correctly.

i tried changing Xresources file ....

Dtlogin*logo.alignment:                
ALIGNMENT_RIGHT
Dtlogin*logo*bitmapFile: /opt/local/images/my.xpm

(inspired by 

Dtlogin*greeting.labelString:       Welcome to MY STRG
Dtlogin*greeting.alignment:         ALIGNMENT_CENTER)

but this is not working,
any pointers?

thanks
Abinash

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. 
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:15:44 -0500

> Dtlogin*greeting.alignment:         ALIGNMENT_CENTER)

Dtlogin runs before fvwm ever starts so this has nothing to do
with fvwm.

My dtlogin man page doesn't say anything about logo alignment, but
if the logo will accept an alignment setting, the XResource file
information would have to be on 1 line, like:

Dtlogin*logo.alignment: ALIGNMENT_RIGHT

You might want to try the newsgroup "comp.unix.cde".

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:30:41 +0100

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 02:11:23PM -0800, Abinash Yadav wrote:
> but this is not working, any pointers?

You are asking at the wrong place.  I think you are running fvwm
on top of CDE.  When the login screen appears, fvwm is not even
running - it is a CDE only configuration.  I scanned through my
"Advanced User's and System Administrator's Guide" for CDE but
could not even find the ...alignment resource there.  You should
ask this question at a CDE mailing list or newsgroup (sorry, I
can't tell you where to find one).

Hm, maybe the ALIGNMENT_RIGHT string is not correct.  You could
try to find the correct string in the dtlogin executable (or some
other CDE executable).  With

  $ strings dtlogin | grep -i ALIGNMENT

in the directory with the dtlogin executable should hopefulle
reveal the supported values of the alignment resource (if this
resource is supported at all).  I have no access to CDE anymore so
I can't test this myself.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 01:52:04 +0100

>   $ strings dtlogin | grep -i ALIGNMENT

I think the executable is called dtgreet, not dtlogin.  If you
don't find it there, try

    $ cd /usr/dt/bin
    $ strings * | grep -i ALIGNMENT

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 01:52:18 +0100

$ cd /usr/dt/bin

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^