Subject: FVWM: waiting for command?

From: Andre Bonhote <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:52:28 +0100

Hi there!

I am trying to mount my CD-Drive and popup an Xterm-Window with the
content of /cdrom afterwards. Now I found out, that one line in a
function doesn't wait for the previous line to be completed. This is a
problem, for mounting takes some time. Here's my example code:

AddToFunc MountCdromFunc
+       I       Exec mount /cdrom ; sleep 2
+       I       Function OpendirFunc /cdrom 

AddToFunc OpendirFunc
+       I       Exec cd $0 ; aterm -tr -sh 30 -bg black -fg white -ls

This mounts the CD-Rom and opens a terminal window in /cdrom, but i have
to do cd ..; cd /cdrom in that window again, cos the content of it was
not there when the terminal window opened.

Is there any way to wait for "mount" to  be finished? I guess it would
work, if "Function OpendirFunc" and "Exec" would be in one line, but I
don't know a way to have a Function call after an Exec, except having it
on a separate line.

thank you

andré
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:00:32 -0500 (EST)

I think you might be looking for the PipeRead command.  This will cause
the function to wait for the return of the mount call.

T.

---

From: Andre Bonhote <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:07:20 +0100

> the function to wait for the return of the mount call.

yes! that's it! thank you so much!