Subject: FVWM: another ICON problem

From: Abinash Yadav <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:38:21 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

i am using FVWM 2.3.25
when i click on minimize button of netscape, the
minimized icon is put with half blue and half white
background. 
and my fvwm background is also white(this gif i put
delibratly).
now i want to change this netscape icon background
combination to some other (may be blue and grey).
but don't know how to set it and where to set it.

even i couldn't figure out from where this icon image
is being picked up, and how(which resource file) did
it get instruction to invoking that particular file.

i found few netscape.xpm files, but on opening those
using xv, images are coming correct, i mean the way i
want(blue and grey background).

i am not sure where does it need to change, some image
or resource.

any help is appreciated.

regards
Abinash K. Yadav

__________________________________________________
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 
a year!  http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:58:28 -0500

> but don't know how to set it and where to set it.

The icon you see is built into Netscape.
Half the background is blue, the other half is transparent.

> it get instruction to invoking that particular file.

My copy of Netscape has a Netscape.ad file where it assigns
names to its icons, but I don't see the actual icons anywhere,
I think they are actually built in.

> want(blue and grey background).

Note that xv shows the transparency as gray, this can be
misleading.

> i am not sure where does it need to change, some image

The latest betas will allow you to override the Netscape icon,
do:

Style Netscape* icon myicon.xpm, IconOverride

if your version doesn't support that, try 2.3.28.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].