Subject: FVWM: ScreenSaver

From: Thomas Pudil <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:41:44 +0100

Sorry for anyoing you with this...

... but I'd like to set up a ScreenSaver under FVWM2. Where can I
configure this?
I think I already looked up 3,4 Mio files, but found no clue...

thnx
tom
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:07:11 -0500 (EST)

Try:
$ man xscreensaver

then search for fvwm:

/fvwm

... snip ...

       For  Fvwm2,  the  process  is  similar:  first  create   a
       ~/.fvwm2rc file if you don't already have one, by making a
       copy of the /etc/X11/fvwm2/system.fvwm2rc file.  Then, add
       a menu definition to it:

etc.

Tom

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Jan 2001 11:23:33 -0500

%% Thomas Pudil <[email-masked]> writes:

  tp> ... but I'd like to set up a ScreenSaver under FVWM2. Where can I
  tp> configure this?

FVWM is a window manager; window manager != screen saver.  There is no
screen saver in FVWM.

Go get xscreensaver or xlockmore or similar; these are screen savers.
But, they are not window managers :).

Personally, I like xscreensaver but YMMV.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:27:44 +0100

> I think I already looked up 3,4 Mio files, but found no clue...

Try xlock or xscreensaver.  You can add them to a menu in your
fvwm config file, e.g.

AddToMenu MainMenu
 + I Exec xlock

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].