Subject: Re: FVWM: Want focus and active pointer in new windows, especially transients

From: Andre Bonhote <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:19:18 +0100

> Can someone tell me very slowly and clearly, like I am as senile as I,
> exactly what I have to do?

i am listening too! that's exactly what i tried to figure out today as
well. fvwmevent takes me to the first screen in my setup, this is not
what i want it to.

my goal is to store my mouse in a dark place where it doesn't need to be
touched. keyboard shortcuts for everything, but that focus thing is
still an issue for me.

still, i'm listening with interest.

yours

andré
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:02:27 -0600

> well. fvwmevent takes me to the first screen in my setup, this is not

There is no enough information to help you. Please specify what are you
trying to do, your fvwm version, what commands you used, and what you got
after opening which apps on which pages. I will help once I know more.

> touched. keyboard shortcuts for everything, but that focus thing is

FvwmEvent is powerful when configured propertly, but it seem your goal is
simplier (you don't want to move your mouse pointer) and may be achieved
without it.

  Key Escape  A  M   Prev Focus
  Key Escape  A  SM  Next Focus

  Style * GrabFocus, GrabFocusTransient  # supported only in 2.3

You may add Raise as well (when you switch focus) if you want.

Regards,
Mikhael.