Subject: FVWM: OT: react against spam mail

From: wing tung Leung <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:18:25 +0100

Hello,

Sorry to be off-topic somehow, but I want to know if the "list operator" has
some well defined policy against spam mail. (maybe I should have directed this
message to the operator himself)

Is the mail admin from the originating mail warned? Are the sender addresses
checked when a new mail arrives? Or should we should wait and react as a whole
FVWM community against it.

In other words: what should be done against it to keep this good list clean?

Regards.

==
FVWM lover, SPAM hater
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Jan 2001 11:15:09 -0600

>>>>> "wtL" == wing tung Leung <[email-masked]> writes:

wtL> Sorry to be off-topic somehow, but I want to know if the "list
wtL> operator" has some well defined policy against spam mail.

Uh, it's pretty simple.  We don't want any.  If you get some, complain to
the people who sent it.  Go to spam.abuse.net for some info.  Complain to
the appropriate people.  Don't complain to the list (it just wastes more
bandwidth) and don't complain to the network admins at my University, like
some people have done.

And FYI, this list sees only a fraction of the spam that is sent to it.  I
filter out a whole lot of it.

 - J<