Subject: FVWM: Setting button foreground color ?

From: Perry Hutchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:46:08 -0800 (PST)

When using this decor

    AddToDecor Vantive HilightColor white darkblue

the titlebar text is displayed in white as expected, but the title
bar button foregrounds are black, which is very hard to see against
the darkblue background.  Setting the non-highlight frame colors
(using "Style ... Color foreground/background") doesn't seem to
affect the button foregrounds either.

Is there an AddToDecor subcommand (or some other method) to set
the button foreground color, or a way to cause FVWM to use the
titlebar text color for the button foregrounds?

Fvwm Version 2.2.4 compiled on Feb  4 2000 at 03:41:44, Red Hat Linux 6.2
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 21:02:49 +0100

> affect the button foregrounds either.

Fvwm calculates a hilight and a shadow colour from the background
colour of the button to create a good 3D look of the button
relief.  The foreground colour is not used at all.

> Fvwm Version 2.2.4 compiled on Feb  4 2000 at 03:41:44, Red Hat Linux 6.2

The 2.2.4 releaso does not support customising the button relief
colours (other than by changing the backgorund colour).  The
current beta releases allow to select these colour individually by
using so called colour sets that are managed by the new module
FvwmTheme.  A config for your needs would look something like
this:

  #
  # FvwmTheme
  #
  # This goes to the start of your config file before any other
  # modules are started
  #
  # 0 = Inactive windows
  # 1 = Active windows
  *FvwmThemeColorset 0 fg whatever_colour, bg you_like
  *FvwmThemeColorset 1 fg white, bg darkblue, hi lightblue

  # run FvwmTheme before anything else is done
  ModuleSynchronous Timeout 5 FvwmTheme
  
  Style * Colorset 0
  HilightColorset 1

THe current beta release is 2.3.26, but you don't want it
because it crashes.  I will make the new 2.3.27 release today, so
it should be available on Thursday or Friday on our web site.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].