Subject: FVWM: HideGeometryWindow

From: Richard Gordon Bolz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 02:32:46 -0700 (MST)

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to use the HideGeometryWindow 
function.  Does anyone know how?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 08:05:22 -0500

> function.  Does anyone know how?

First you have to be using one of the 2.3.x betas.

Before  using the  command, move  a window.  You  will  notice a small
window either in  the center or upper  left corner of the  screen that
shows the window coordinates.  Thats the geometry window.

Now add:

HideGeometryWindow

anywhere in your .fvwm2rc and restart.

Now when you move or resize a window, you should not see that little
window.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 18:53:40 -0600

> function.  Does anyone know how?

The man page on your disk should list all commands of your FVWM version.

  % man fvwm2
  /HideGeometryWindow

gives:

       HideGeometryWindow [Never|Move|Resize]
              Hides the position or size window that  is  usually
              shown  when  a  window is moved or resized interac-
              tively.  To switch it off  only  for move or resize
              operations  the optional parameters Move and Resize
              can be used respectively.   To switch both on again
              use the Never option.

This command is only available in the fvwm-2.3 series.

Regards,
Mikhael.