Subject: FVWM: several questions: png, themes.org, winbar

From: Henrion Benjamin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:24:26 +0100

Hello,

I'm using fvwm for a long time and my questions are in my head for a
long time:
1. Is it possible to include in further versions of FVWM the support for
png (so that I can use png icons)?
2. Why there isn't an offcial site for fvwm theming (on fvwm.org or
themes.org)?
3. I would like to use fvwm2.4 to imitate fvwm95. Have you got tips?

BNJ
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 08:14:06 -0500 (EST)

> 3. I would like to use fvwm2.4 to imitate fvwm95. Have you got tips?

I have a set of pixmaps and decors that emulates Win9x pretty nicely
(as well as some that emulate the Mac OSX "Aqua" look). However, the
current 2.3.x release is having problems with the latter one, so I am
hesitant to give out anything right now.

Fvwm hasn't released a 2.4 version yet, although it should be coming
Real Soon Now.

-- 
Larry Gensch                                          [email-masked]

              Working for COMPAQ since the turn of the century

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 08:46:55 -0500

> png (so that I can use png icons)?

Someday fvwm may have support for png, but,
a png icon wouldn't look any different than the same icon converted
to XPM.  Wouldn't you rather see fvwm conserve its memory use
rather than add support for more image types?

You should be able to convert your png icons to xpm icons.

> 2. Why there isn't an offcial site for fvwm theming (on fvwm.org or

At fvwm.org on our "Links" page there is a link to the official
FVWM Themes home page.

> 3. I would like to use fvwm2.4 to imitate fvwm95. Have you got tips?

In our latest betas, there is a built in menu to create a 95 look.

If you don't want to use the beta, this may get you started:

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570

---

From: Alex Wallis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 00:04:10 +1030

> 2. Why there isn't an offcial site for fvwm theming (on fvwm.org or

The themes.org people are planning to totally upgrade both hardware and
software on their site sometime soon. 
An fvwm.themes.org site is currently being built and will be placed on
the new themes.org servers when ready. In the meantime a temporary set
of pages is in the process of being organised. A public announcement
will be made when online and ready.

> 3. I would like to use fvwm2.4 to imitate fvwm95. Have you got tips?

I suggest you try http://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/  :)

Alex