Subject: FVWM: Secondary dialog windows

From: Harry Putnam <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Dec 2000 05:16:27 -0800

[NOTE: I've reposted this with a new name.  Not sure why it has gone
unanswered.  Is it off topic? ... Or maybe just too boring?
Originallly posted: 24 Nov 2000 03:29:47 -0800]

Running:  Redhat linux  6.2 with
AnotherLevel [fvwm2] window manager
Fvwm Version 2.2.4

With large  `virtual desktop'
xwininfo shows:
  Width: 1600
  Height: 1280
  Depth: 16

[...]
  -geometry 1600x1280+0+0

---

Not sure if this is the province of the window manager or what, but
would like to `fix' an annoying behavior of long standing.

Certain applications like `control-panel',`tksysv',`netcfg' or others
such as cbb [checkbook app], pop up secondary dialog windows for
different aspects of usage.  With the large virtual desktop these
secondary windows may appear in unexpected places or even out of
sight.

I'd like to make any pop-up windows appear in the near vacinity of the parent
window but have no idea how to control this.

-- 
"Boxes not Boxen" 
Join the growing movement to EtUUoPP (End the Useless Use of
Pretentious Plurals). Strike a blow for plain talk: 
Adopt the ultimate witty signature .. "Boxes not Boxen"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].