Subject: FVWM: start a window maximized

From: Shao Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 02:30:21 +1100

Hi,

In fvwm, what is the right way to make the window maximized by default?
I looked at the options for Style and there seems no geometry options.

In apps like xterm, I can pass the geometry parameters. But not all the apps
have this feature so I would like to do it in fvwm.

Thanks

Shao.

-- 
____________________________________________________________________________
Shao Zhang - Running Debian 2.1  ___ _               _____
Department of Communications    / __| |_  __ _ ___  |_  / |_  __ _ _ _  __ _ 
University of New South Wales   \__ \ ' \/ _` / _ \  / /| ' \/ _` | ' \/ _` |
Sydney, Australia               |___/_||_\__,_\___/ /___|_||_\__,_|_||_\__, |
Email: [email-masked]                                                  |___/ 
_____________________________________________________________________________
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:09:30 +0100

> have this feature so I would like to do it in fvwm.

To specify a certain size for your apps you can edit your
$HOME/.Xdefaults or $HOME/.Xresources file.  POut something like
this in it:

 <appname>.geometry: 990x740+24+0

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].