Subject: FVWM: fvwm install problems...

From: "Nitin Malik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:31:33 EST

Hi,

I am trying to install fvwm 2.3.22 on my machine and keep getting the xpm 
version error. I am currently using 2.2.4 and I had installed xpm 3.4k 
previously. Since the requirement for 2.3.22 is that xpm shud be > 3.4g, i 
don't understand what I am missing??

Please help... TIA...

nitin
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at 
http://profiles.msn.com.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:57:08 +0200

> don't understand what I am missing??

Take a look at config.log file, it may contain some info for you.
Just a guess, do you have 2 versions of xpm installed on your system?

Try to specify --with-xpm-library and --with-xpm-includes as suggested
by 'configure --help' and INSTALL.fvwm file. There is also FAQ entry.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 01:16:27 -0330 (NST)

Did you run ldconfig after installing xpm 3.4k?