Subject: FVWM: Pop-up windows

From: Harry Putnam <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Nov 2000 03:29:47 -0800

Running:  Redhat linux  6.2 with
 AnotherLevel [fvwm2] window manager
 Fvwm Version 2.2.4

With large  `virtual desktop'
xwininfo shows:
  Width: 1600
  Height: 1280
  Depth: 16

[...]
  -geometry 1600x1280+0+0

---

Not sure if this is the province of the window manager or what, but
would like to `fix' an annoying behavior of long standing.

Certain applications like `control-panel',`tksysv',`netcfg' or others
such as cbb [checkbook app], pop up secondary dialog windows for
different aspects of usage.  With the large virtual desktop these
secondary windows may appear in unexpected places or even out of
sight.

I'd like to make any pop-up windows appear in the near vacinity of the parent
window but have no idea how to control this.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].