Subject: Re: FVWM: From 2.2.4 to 2.3.22

From: "Nitin Malik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:39:22 EST

Man, you guys are good... thanks for the tip...

nitin

>%% "Nitin Malik" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>   nm> My fvwm session starts out great... but a few problems when I
>   nm> Restart the session (not logout)
>
>Maybe when you restart it's using the "old" FVWM again?  Did you install
>this version somewhere different than the old version or install it with
>a different name (like fvwm2-2.3.22) so that when you run "type fvwm2"
>or "which fvwm2" it finds the old one instead of the new one?
>
>You can give an explicit command to be run during Restart, now, if you
>like.
>
>--
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & 
>Tools
>  "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad 
>Scientist
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>    These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for 
>them.
>--
>Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
>To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
>message to [email-masked].
>To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at 
http://profiles.msn.com.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Can BAYTAN M.D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 03:37:26 +0200 (EET)

Hello all,

If those guys were so good, they would even help me out localizing
(in Turkish) my lovely fvwm 2.2.2 too. ;->

(I am scared to upgrade fvwm because 2.2.2 is the best on less memory
using, when I upgraded my windowmaker a month ago it turned out to be a
memory gobbler worse than KDE1).

Regards.

-- 
 Can Baytan M.D. http://meds.ktu.edu.tr/cbaytan/cbaytan.html
 Karadeniz (Blacksea) Technical University          
 Medical School, Dept. of Physiology--Trabzon/TR             
 Fax:+90(462)377-5498 [email-masked] (BX15TGE)

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Nov 2000 17:59:10 -0500

> (in Turkish) my lovely fvwm 2.2.2 too. ;->

We don't do old code.

:)

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 01:33:42 +0200

On 16 Nov 2000 03:37:26 +0200, Can BAYTAN M.D. wrote:
> 
> help me out localizing (in Turkish) my lovely fvwm 2.2.2

You didn't say what exactly you want to translate. I don't think that
people which do not know Turkish, can help you with an actual translation.

If the problem is that you can't see Turkish, you should redifine fonts
used in window titles, menus, modules. Searching man pages for word 'font'
should help. For fonts used inside applications (something that fvwm can't
control), say fonts used in xterm, refer to the application man pages.

Regards,
Mikhael.