Subject: FVWM: ClickToFocus fails wth a modifier

From: "Buchs, Kevin J." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:14:45 -0600

I have finally discovered the root of a problem I am having with
fvwm2(2.2.4).  When my caps lock key is on, ClickToFocus does not work - the
M1 does nothing.  Likewise with other modifiers.  I tried defining M 1 to
focus but then all M 1 events are grabbed.  What else am I missing?  Thanks
for your help.

===========================================================================
Kevin Buchs     [email-masked]  "My great concern is not whether you
Mayo Foundation voice: (507)266-2621  have failed, but whether you are con-
Rochester, MN   fax: (507)284-9171    tent with your failure." -A. Lincoln
===========================================================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Nov 2000 16:10:19 -0500

%% "Buchs, Kevin J." <[email-masked]> writes:

  bkj> I have finally discovered the root of a problem I am having with
  bkj> fvwm2(2.2.4).  When my caps lock key is on, ClickToFocus does not
  bkj> work - the M1 does nothing.  Likewise with other modifiers.  I
  bkj> tried defining M 1 to focus but then all M 1 events are grabbed.
  bkj> What else am I missing?

The FAQ! :)

  http://www.fvwm.org/generated/FAQ.html

See question 5.5.

Personally, I just rebind CAPS LOCK to be another CTRL key.  Who the
heck needs a CAPS LOCK key anyway?  If you think you need to use it, you
should almost always think again :).

HTH...

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].