Subject: FVWM: Themes at www.themes.org ?

From: David Meleedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:41:00 -0500

Why doesn't fvwm2 have a themes page at this site anymore?

Or better yet, since fvwm2 is embarking on gnome compliancy, is
it possible to get it's themes page reinstated at this web site?

I've been an fvwm2 user for a long time, and I really don't want
to use any other window manager.

Thanks,

-Dave
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:59:31 +0200

> Why doesn't fvwm2 have a themes page at this site anymore?

Because the first and then the second maintainers either lost an interest
some time ago or had no free time on this work anymore. Add also a luck of
new theme contributions. You probably know, themes.org is not a static web
site. Sections which are not updated for months have no much sense.

> it possible to get it's themes page reinstated at this web site?

It is possible once there are some enthusiasts in the FVWM Themes area to
spend their time (probably on a daily basis) to maintain the site. If there
are volunteers, they are invited to write about their offer to the list
[email-masked], where all details are discussed.

> to use any other window manager.

Very good. Still this does not quite help with fvwm.themes.org. :-)

Regards,
Mikhael.