Subject: FVWM: fvwm 2.3.22 problem with iconic windows

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:51:56 +0100

Hi,

I upgraded from fvwm 2.3.19 to 2.3.22 on Solaris 2.6.

What happens is that in my .fvwm2rc in the InitFunction I call
a shell scripts that open a few clients at startup.
Now if some of those clients are started as iconic, fvwm hangs
(or "freeze" if you prefer) for some time at startup.

In my .fvwm2rc, I have also

Style "*" NoIcon

This was working OK in 2.3.19.

Any suggestion?

Many thanks in advance,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thierry Van Mol                            email: [email-masked]
Centre Cantonal des Telecommunications     Tel: +41 (0) 21 316 27 05
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 00:13:40 +0100

> In my .fvwm2rc, I have also

Please try to strip down your config file so that it still
shows the problem.  Also I'd need one of your shell scripts
to debug this.

Does this still happen if you run that command directly
from fvwm (during startup)?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].