Subject: FVWM: tutorial? book?

From: "Peter Bismuti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:46:32 -0800

It sure would be nice if there was a good tutorial or book (O'Reilly?) somewhere in how to setup FVWM2.  Anyone know of any that exist or any plans to write one?

Thx

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 18:51:25 -0500

"Peter Bismuti" <[email-masked]> writes:
> It sure would be nice if there was a good tutorial or book (O'Reilly?) =
> somewhere in how to setup FVWM2.  Anyone know of any that exist or any =
> plans to write one?

We like to delude ourselves into thinking the fvwm2 man page is
adequate for this job.  Some people have told us its very well
written.

We also have a FAQ.

There are a few themes packages that you can use to
configure fvwm with a GUI.  Look on our links page for the
Official FVWM Themes Home Page.

> Thx
> 
> ------=_NextPart_000_007E_01C05880.D592CDC0
> Content-Type: text/html;
> 	charset="iso-8859-1"
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
> 
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

Aggh! Please, no HTML!

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:08:15 +0100

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 06:51:25PM -0500, Dan Espen wrote:
> adequate for this job.

ROFL!  I guess it's more that we hope for a volunteer to write
this :-)

> Some people have told us its very well written.

Once I read a discussion in a news group about vi/emacs.  One
person claimed that vi were very user friendly (and probably
self explaining - can't remember).  The best answer he got was:
You can say a lot about vi, but if you think it's user friendly
you must be on drugs :-)

The people who say our man page is user friendly must be
taking real strong drugs :-)=)

Sorry for the off-topic - after debugging the grab code for 8
hours need some fun :)

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].