Subject: FVWM: screenchots on fvwm homepage

From: "Nitin Malik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:11:45 EST

I don't know who to send this mail out to, but wouldn't it be a nice to have 
the fvwm2rc file along with the screenshots on the webpage... this was we 
don't have to send a mail everytime we need to copy a feature... we could 
just read and learn... or are they some privacy issues... or may be a 
copyright just a issue... hehehehe...

nitin
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at 
http://profiles.msn.com.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:32:34 -0500

> copyright just a issue... hehehehe...

This kind of suggestion should go the fvwm-workers list, but its not
completely off topic here.

I think most users .fvwm2rc's are way too big to post, and no one
would want them anyway.  I know mine is.  Besides that, mine is in about
15 pieces.

Notice that on the Vector buttons page, the config files ARE included.
I think that targetted approach is the way to go.  Ie., what config file
lines to you need to get a certain appearance.

We could have FvwmPager configs, FvwmButton configs, Border configs,
Menu configs, you get the idea.

There shouldn't be anything copyrighted on the screenshots page.
Thats come up a few times, (in the context of the background images)
and when there was doubt, we've changed it.

If you have anything you think should be on the web site, submit it
to the fvwm-workers list.
--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].