Subject: FVWM: fvmw-themes 0.4.0 is released

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 00:02:06 +0200

Hello, FVWM lovers.
We are pleased to announce FVWM Themes version 0.4.0.
All info about FVWM Themes and sources are available at the Home Page:

  http://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/

FVWM Themes is a powerful configurational framework for the latest FVWM,
designed to be easily extendible and configurable.

fvwm-themes 0.4.0 requires fvwm 2.3.22, released these days (not earlier),
so you should first upgrade your fvwm before trying fvwm-themes.

There are rpm packages for both fvwm 2.3.22 and fvwm-themes 0.4.0 at:

  ftp://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/pub/fvwm-themes/rpm/

Currently both fvwm and fvwm-themes are beta software, but should be
stable enough. We invite you to test both.

New features in fvwm-themes 0.4.0 as compared to fvwm-themes 0.2.6:

  * configuring using autoconf/automake
  * several new themes
  * improvements in all (12) themes
  * several kinds of configuration GUI's
  * separation of user and site themes
  * complete rewrite of the theme engine
  * plenty of documentation
  * partial internationalization, supported french and russian
  * sessions, variants, options, locks, drops and many more new things

Note: currently the entire configuration is reloaded on every single
component switch. This will be improved in the next major version 1.0.0.

The FVWM Themes developers, 12 November 2000

--
Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ralf Fassel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:20:54 +0100

* Mikhael Goikhman
| There are rpm packages for both fvwm 2.3.22 and fvwm-themes 0.4.0 at:
| 
|   ftp://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/pub/fvwm-themes/rpm/

What about us poor lusers on non-linux systems, looking for the
sources in as .tgz?  http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/ doesn't have them
(yet?)...

R'

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Nov 2000 09:55:58 -0500

You can download them using HTTP, from the sourceforge site for
fvwm-themes:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/fvwm-themes/

Pick the Download button.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:04:33 +0200

On 14 Nov 2000 14:20:54 +0100, Ralf Fassel wrote:
> sources in as .tgz?

There are sources in .tar.gz or .tar.bz2 (smaller).
The first lines of the announcement are:

> http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/ doesn't have them (yet?)...

This is obsolete address, it is now changed to http://fvwm.org/ .
FVWM Themes is not required to run FVWM, there are links to this add-on.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Shao Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:53:22 +1100

Hi,

Looks very nice. But is there any plan to include a microGUI theme from
amiga? I think that is a really nice/simple theme.

Shao.

-- 
____________________________________________________________________________
Shao Zhang - Running Debian 2.1  ___ _               _____
Department of Communications    / __| |_  __ _ ___  |_  / |_  __ _ _ _  __ _ 
University of New South Wales   \__ \ ' \/ _` / _ \  / /| ' \/ _` | ' \/ _` |
Sydney, Australia               |___/_||_\__,_\___/ /___|_||_\__,_|_||_\__, |
Email: [email-masked]                                                  |___/ 
_____________________________________________________________________________
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:55:02 +0200

> amiga? I think that is a really nice/simple theme.

At this stage we are mostly work on features of the framework (to be able
to create even more flexible themes). Creating new themes themselves has a
low priority for now. If you or anyone else is able to create look or feel
of this or other theme in FVWM, we will be glad to clean up and include it.
You may submit your work to [email-masked].

Regards,
Mikhael.