Subject: FVWM: Button styles

From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:18:05 +0000

Simple question, but it's baffling me.

I'm using fvwm-themes 0.4 with fvwm 2.3.22 and have extended the osx theme a
little to suit my own tastes. I'd like to use MwmDecor with the maximise and
sticky buttons, and these work fine except I can't get the Toggled style to be
flat. Normal buttons come up flat without any problem, but when toggled, the
buttons always come out raised. I can't seem to find any references to them
outside of the theme directory, and even tried using FvwmCommand to set things
on the fly, but no luck. Typical example in the theme rc:

AddButtonStyle All -- flat
[.......]
ButtonStyle 2 - Clear MWMDecorMax
AddButtonStyle 2 Pixmap button/ball-green.xpm
AddButtonStyle 2 ToggledActiveUp (Pixmap button/ball-green-filled.xpm)
AddButtonStyle 2 ToggledActiveDown (Pixmap button/ball-green-filled.xpm)
AddButtonStyle 2 ToggledInactive (Pixmap button/ball-green-filled.xpm)

Any idea how I can get it working? Even a fix via FvwmCommand would be useful,
so that I could make sure I can do the thing to start with. Or whether I could
obtain info on what's already been set via ButtonStyle?

Thanks for any help,

-Dave
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 00:12:52 +0100

> on the fly, but no luck. Typical example in the theme rc:

The problem here is that it is the windowlook component that decides
if the buttons are flat or not (technical reasons). So, which windowlook
do you use? (it seems to me that windowlook@osx gives flat buttons).
You can enforce flat buttons by adding  AddButtonStyle All -- flat in
the file .fvwm/themes/personal/extra-windowlook (and refresh and then
select this component, see the FVWM themes FAQ and doc/* for more
details). If you a creating a complete themes use the windowlook 
component. I Hope I am not wrong ...

I do not know where is the good place for questions and answers about
fvwm-themes. May be [email-masked] is a better
place (http://sourceforge.net/projects/fvwm-themes/ or
http://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/ to subscribe). Or we have to create
[email-masked], or maybe [email-masked] is the good 
place ....

Olivier

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 00:14:35 +0100

Olivier