Subject: FVWM: kikbd

From: Can BAYTAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 23:11:41 +0200

Hi folks,

I thank you for all your help to using Turkish fonts, fonts are ok, but
I have to run kikbd to use Turkish keyboard from the shell, would you
tell me where do I need to place kikbd command in my
/etc/X11/fvwm2/system.fvwm2rc file. (Its 16K long and I can send it if
someone wishes to check).

Thanks in advance.

-- 
 Can Baytan M.D. http://meds.ktu.edu.tr/cbaytan/cbaytan.html
 Karadeniz (Blacksea) Technical University          
 Medical School, Dept. of Physiology--Trabzon/TR             
 Fax:+90(462)325-2270 [email-masked] (BX15TGE)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 14:01:43 -0800

> someone wishes to check).

You might want to look at FvwmKb or Xkb for doing keymap control in
fvwm. FvwmKb is found at http://members.linuxstart.com/~sparrow/ and I
don't have anything regarding Xkb.

I don't understand what kikbd does. Someone else here with experience
in i18n might be able to help you better, but in case no one pipes up,
is kikbd X-aware or is it specific to a particular shell instance? It
might be better to do something like:

if [ $DISPLAY ]; then
    kikbd
fi

or something like that, in your .login. If it's meant to be started at
the beginning of your X session, add it to your fvwm InitFunction (see
the manpage on InitFunction and on AddToFunc). Basically, you just
need to:

AddToFunc "InitFunction" I Exec kikbd

Maybe this is helpful.
-- 
[email-masked]                            http://www.mikehan.com/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
Avoid cliches like the plague
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].