Subject: FVWM: More direct route for dealing with the virtual desktop?

From: "Ternullo, Noah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:08:01 -0400

Thanks for your input.  Unfortunately, I must not have been clear enough.  I
am aware of FvwmCommand and it's capabilities, but I wanted to make it clear
that creating key events to get FVWM to move the view point around the
virtual desktop is probably not a good idea.  I was hoping there was a more
direct way to do it, say with a function like:

	moveDesktop(int x, int y)

	Noah
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 03:13:35 +0200

> 	moveDesktop(int x, int y)

Seems like you want a C function gotoPage(px, py) in your application.

Well, you can do it using gnome window manager hints, like gnome pager
applets do it. More precisely, you should modify "_WIN_AREA" XAtom.
Or "_WIN_WORKSPACE", if you also want gotoDesk(n).

You can take a look at gnome.c in fvwm or gwmh.c somewhere on internet.

Still, system("FvwmCommand 'GotoPage 1 0'") is probably the easiest way.

Regards,
Mikhael.