Subject: FVWM: Title customization

From: Nicola Girardi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 09:07:02 +0100 (added by [email-masked])

Hello, I have a problem in customizing my titlebar. I'm trying to
get fvwm2 (2.3.21) look like twm, and I can't find in the fvwm2
manual page the solutions to the following problems:

1. Erase relief around buttons, making them part of the titlebar.
ButtonStyle All -- Flat doesn't seem to do the trick.

2. A border (say, 5 pixels) around buttons and title of the window,
title background included.

3. The TiledPixmap background on the title should start after the
window title.

To make things simpler to understand I've just put online a couple
of images of the two title bars.

http://www.swlibero.org/~nikke/junk/twm-titlebar.xpm (This is how it
should look like.)

http://www.swlibero.org/~nikke/junk/fvwm-titlebar.xpm (My current
configuration.)

     Nicola
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "S. Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 05:51:46 -0700

> manual page the solutions to the following problems:
...
>      Nicola

You could try something like:

Style * HandleWidth 3
Style * ForeColor White, BackColor #22aa99
Style * HilightFore White, HilightBack #22aa99
Style * Font -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
TitleStyle  TiledPixmap pattern.xpm -- Flat
TitleStyle  LeftJustified Height 20
ButtonStyle 1 Pixmap button.xpm -- Top Left Flat
ButtonStyle 2 Pixmap button2.xpm -- Top Right Flat
BorderStyle -- HiddenHandles NoInset Flat
Mouse 0 1 Nop
Mouse 0 2 Nop

the only problem is, I dont think its possible to make the 
tiledpixmap avoid the title text.

good luck,
sa

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 14:51:54 +0200

While writting this answer, I see that S. Anderson already answered you.
Still I think some info may be helpful.

> ButtonStyle All -- Flat doesn't seem to do the trick.

You should make both title and buttons flat.

> title background included.

This is configured by TitleStyle Height.

> 3. The TiledPixmap background on the title should start after the

This is not possible as of now.
You can play with "TitleStyle Pixmap -- right" though.

> http://www.swlibero.org/~nikke/junk/fvwm-titlebar.xpm (My current

Here is a better emulation (there is rc file in the same directory):

  ftp://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/pub/fvwm-themes/samples/nikke/titlebar.xpm

Regards,
Mikhael.