Subject: FVWM: pixmaps + icons/fvwmwinlist

From: Vivek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:20:34 +0100 (BST)

Hi: I've been messing around with pixmap 'skins' for fvwm-2.2.4 [w.
debian patches (2.2.4-2)] and I noticed that neither the title-bar sort
of things under icons, nor the buttons on FvwmWinList used the pixmaps
for their backgrounds: I've nosed around in the code a little, and I've
figured out how to make this work [Ok, I _have_ made this work - although
I had to add some extra config parameter parsing to FvwmWinList]: 

Is there anyone who'd be interested in patches, or have I trespassed on
someone elses territory or is it just something that's in the latest
version anyway?

-- 
It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Sep 2000 13:11:40 -0400

You should really not even bother with 2.2 for this.  There is _all_
kinds of support for theme-like stuff in the 2.3 betas.  It's really a
waste of time to try to shoehorn this into 2.2.

Check the 2.3 betas, and also the fvwm-themes package (I think you can
get it from SourceForge).

HTH.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].