Subject: FVWM: FvwmM4 Processing?

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 08:40:04 +1100

Hi there,

I want to have 1 .fvwm2rc file for both my work & home computers.
Of course there are subtle differences (mostly in the menu options
& what appears in FvwmButtons) for each environment.

I think I need to use the FvwmM4 pre-processor. I checked out
the man page but it doesn't really tell me if this is what I
need.

Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track? If I am, could
someone provide me with some examples? (Someone's actual .fvwm2rc
file (or the appropriate portion) would be great!)

fvwm2-2.3.19 on RedHat 6.2.

Many thanks,

SCoTT! :)
--------------------
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 20:32:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

You have examples on your machine already if the RH6.2 installation is
somewhat the default.  Look at the directory /etc/X11/AnotherLevel for a
bunch of m4 files which get put together to make a single .fvwm2rc file.
As for menus the magic is really done with the program wmconfig.  In
combination with a piperead command and read command in fvwm2 this could
probably be accomplished without the use of FvwmM4.  Most of the m4 stuff
in fvwm2rc.menus.m4 is for choosing icons or not, tear off button bars,
etc. in the menus.

Also the last time I compiled 2.3.21 I seem to remember a couple of
scripts which would also perform automatic menu configuration, though I
don't remember the details right now.  Maybe someone else will fill in the
details here...

Tom