Subject: FVWM: Ctrl+Alt+Fn

From: "Wolfgang Fritzsche" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 19:23:03 +0200

Hi,

another topic about security:

How do disable these services provided by X11 ???

Wolfgang

---

From: Matthias Intemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:27:41 +0200

Hi!

> How do disable these services provided by X11 ???

From the XF86Config (Version 4.0) manpage:

 Option "DontZap"  "boolean"
              This  disallows  the  use of the Ctrl+Alt+Backspace
              sequence.  That sequence is normally used to termi
              nate  the  X  server.  When this option is enabled,
              that key sequence has no  special  meaning  and  is
              passed to clients.  Default: off.

 Option "VTSysReq"  "boolean"
              enables the SYSV-style VT switch sequence for  non-
              SYSV  systems  which  support  VT  switching.  This
              sequence is Alt-SysRq followed by  a  function  key
              (Fn).  This prevents the X server trapping the keys
              used for the  default  VT  switch  sequence,  which
              means  that clients can access them.  Default: off.

Wen using older XFree look at the section about Serverflags. The keyword
are the same.

Matthias
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].