Subject: FVWM: color problem

From: Ali Faour <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:11:24 -0400

Hi,

   I installed fvwm-2.2.4 on my friend's machine (Ultra 10 Solaris 2.6)
but it
seams that only some colors are available. In fact, the result was very
ugly.
How can I know what is missing? I hope you can help me out with that.

Thanks

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Aug 2000 13:30:46 -0400

%% Ali Faour <[email-masked]> writes:

  af> I installed fvwm-2.2.4 on my friend's machine (Ultra 10 Solaris
  af> 2.6) but it seams that only some colors are available. In fact,
  af> the result was very ugly.  How can I know what is missing? I hope
  af> you can help me out with that.

In general Solaris video cards are only capable of supporting 256 colors
at 1280x1024 resolution.

This is a hardware limitation on Solaris, and nothing to do with FVWM.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:40:50 -0400

> How can I know what is missing? I hope you can help me out with that.

Look at the ColorLimit command in the man page.

Always start Netscape with the "-install" switch.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].