Subject: FVWM: gnome wm

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 21:11:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I've been using fvwm2 as the window manager in GNOME for some time
now... Whenever GNOME starts up, it gets to fvwm2 and there's a long
pause. At first I thought maybe GNOME apps did something special during
system startup, however x2vnc doesn't seem to cause the GNOME startup to
wait for it. Is it that the GNOME startup routine is waiting for a return
status which it's not getting cuz FVWM2 doesn't actually exit or something
silly like that? 

I'm just asking cuz it's become something of a curiosity to me. Is there
any workaround for this?
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:29:25 +0200

Kendrick Vargas wrote:
> pause. 

Which version of fvwm do you use?
I've exactly the same problem with the current cvs (I also try
2.3.19). On the other hand, I have not this problem with
2.3.10 (will try an intermediate version soon).

Olivier

PS: Maybe this thread can go to the fvwm-workers mailing list with a 
solution one days here.

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 12:31:14 -0400 (EDT)

> 2.3.10 (will try an intermediate version soon).

[FVWM][main]:  Fvwm Version 2.3.21 compiled on Jul  6 2000 at 15:06:22
[FVWM][main]:  with support for:  ReadLine XPM IMLIB Gnome Session

That's the last version I compiled up, but I've had that problem for a
rather long time now.

> PS: Maybe this thread can go to the fvwm-workers mailing list with a 

That'd be excellent :-)
			-peace