Subject: Re: FVWM: fvwm installation;

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 01:53:36 +0300

On 27 Jul 2000 17:43:40 -0700, Farhad Jalilvand wrote:
> 
> Changing the configure file to include the path in the (ac_default_prefix)
> worked and was able to proceed with the installation. However, the etc
> directory where the fvwm2rc config file resides did not get created.
> 
> Your input is appreciated.

fvwm does not create 'etc' directory, but it is supported, i.e. if you
create 'etc' directory yourself and put system.fvwm2rc into it, this file
will be read for users without .fvwm2rc file. This means you should find
and install system.fvwm2rc or .fvwm2rc yourself. There are some samples.

The current developement version (pre-2.4) have two internal ways of
creating an initial configuration for you from the default root menu,
the third way is to install fvwm-themes package. All three use ~/.fvwm dir.

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].