Subject: Re: FVWM: window background color

From: robert land <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 11:37:01 +0200

Thanks to all being so helpful.
Accidently I sent this message yesterday directly to Eric, sorry about
that - I'm struggling with the IMAP mailserver who sometimes refuses
accessing the mail and completely confuses me.

The entry:

"xterm*background:               LightSteelBlue" 

in .Xdefaults did exactly what it should.
Unfortunatly my system doesn't provide a man page for .Xdefaults. Which
man page would contain simular informations? I guess these commands are
used throughout the X-system, am I right with this?

Netscape mail composer (not the html composer) seems to retrieve the
color settings out of another file than preferences.js. In this file all
background is set to lightgrey, contrary the mail composer displays the
background in white.

Additionally - where can I retrieve all system colors in words? Those
like "Steelblue" etc can be found in some sample files, but I would like
to have look at the whole listing. (I'm using 16bit depth)

Robert
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Vivek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 11:03:25 +0100 (BST)

> to have look at the whole listing. (I'm using 16bit depth)

Typically: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt

It should be mentioned in your XF86Config file:
[ /etc/X11/XF86Config, /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config /etc/XF86Config
  it depends on your system ]

Emacs may have its own rgb.txt, but it only uses it on MS systems

'locate rgb.txt' should tell you where it is, assuming updatedb has been
run at some point. You should run updatedb regularly. updatedb and locate
are your friends :)

-- 
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire a shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion