Subject: FVWM: titles off-screen

From: Elliot Sowadsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 13:50:03 -0700 (PDT)

Some programs start w/ their title bar off the top of the screen.
I assume fvwm's getting confused about where 0,0 is. for the window.

Is there a way i can tell fvwm that if i window goes above the screen, to
push it back down....preferably generically?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mark Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:08:51 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 13:50:03 -0700 (PDT), Elliot Sowadsky <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Some programs start w/ their title bar off the top of the screen.  I
> assume fvwm's getting confused about where 0,0 is. for the window.

> Is there a way i can tell fvwm that if i window goes above the
> screen, to push it back down....preferably generically?

I get the same behaviour with an older version of fvwm.  I don't think
it's confused about where 0,0 is because you can grab the window, not
move it at all and let go and the window will snap to 0,0 on it's own.
Also, if you move it around and then move back so the little window
position indicator shows 0,0, then it does end up where it should.  

It only happens when a new window opens.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 02:57:12 +0300

> It only happens when a new window opens.

Which applications behave this way, how is it possible to reproduce?

Did you play with NoPPosition/UsePPosition style options?

Regards,
Mikhael.