Subject: FVWM: icons ... how?

From: Ali Faour <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:31:54 -0400

Hi,

   I am using fvwm-2.2.4 and xpm icons and would like to know how:

1- I get rid of the rectangular box at the bottom of an icon (when
iconifying
      I would like to have only the icon without the name)
      |--------|                  |--------|
      |                     |                  |                     |
      |                     |                  |                     |
      |                     |    and not  |                     |
      |                     |                  |                     |
      |--------|                  |--------|
                                               |        name     |
                                               |--------|
2- How to change the name of the icon (displayed in the rectagular box
underneeth
      the icon)

      |--------|
      |                     |
      |                     |
      |                     |
      |                     |
      |--------|
      |    name        |
      |--------|

Thanks

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 14:47:09 +0300

Please always use a monospace font and less than 80 chars in the line
in your mailer, otherwise your message will be screwed up as shown at:

  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0008/msg00051.html

>       I would like to have only the icon without the name)

Use:

  Style "XTerm" NoIconTitle

or:

  Style "*" NoIconTitle

Beware when using this style option, you may end up with no icon window
(similarly to using NoIcon) if icon pixmaps are not configured or not
compilled-in or misconfigured.

> 2- How to change the name of the icon (displayed in the rectagular box

The name used in the icon is the one your application has supplied, you
should change the name (sometimes called "icon name") of the application:

  xterm -n "My Name"

Note, this is sometimes not the same as a title name (the one you see in
a window title), try: xterm -n "My Name" -T "My Title"

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].