Subject: FVWM: ModulePath Problem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 17:32:39 -0500

I am having a problem getting modules to load properly using fvwm2 v2.2.4.  This
may be related to how fvwm2 was installed.

fvwm2 is in /usr/local/bin and the modules are in /usr/local/fvwm-2.2.4/modules.
However, each module is in its own directory, e.g. FvwmPager is in
/usr/local/fvwm-2.2.4/modules/FvwmPager.  The ModulePath in .fvwm2rc is
/usr/local/fvwm-2.2.4/modules.  When I start fvwm2 it gives a "cannot execute"
error for each module.  If I change ModulePath to
/usr/local/fvwm-2.2.4/modules/FvwmPager:/usr/local/fvwm-2.2.4/modules/FvwmAuto
then it works.  If this is correct, it is a change from 2.0.46, which we were
using.

I suspect that something went awry in installation, but don't know what.  I
would have expected the module executables to have been moved from the
module-name directories to ../modules, but that apparently didn't happen.

Thanks,

Dick Wiley
IBM Global Services
CompUSA

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:47:34 -0400

> module-name directories to ../modules, but that apparently didn't happen.

You are looking at the modules  in the directories  they are built in.
Do a "make install" and look at the output  for any one of the modules
to see which directory they get installed in.  The all get installed in
one directory.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].