Subject: FVWM: Buttons in the title bar

From: Ali Faour <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:02:46 -0400

Hi,

   I am using fvwm-2.2.4.

I tried to add more than 3 buttons on the title bar wothout success. The
only
button that it can recognize are 1, 2 and 4. How should I do to get fvwm

display the rest of buttons.

The following is waht I have in my .fvwm2rc file:

# Button 1: Close
#ButtonStyle 1 (MiniIcon -- Flat)
ButtonStyle 1 ActiveUp (16 20x20@1 30x20@1 50x40@1 70x20@1 80x20@1
80x30@0 60x50@0 80x80@0 70x80@0 50
x60@0 30x80@0 20x80@0 20x70@0 40x50@1 20x30@0 20x20@1) -- F
lat
ButtonStyle 1 ActiveDown (16 20x20@1 30x20@1 50x40@1 70x20@1 80x20@1
80x30@0 60x50@0 80x80@0 70x80@0
50x60@0 30x80@0 20x80@0 20x70@0 40x50@1 20x30@0 20x20@1) -- Flat
ButtonStyle 1 InActive (16 20x20@1 30x20@1 50x40@1 70x20@1 80x20@1
80x30@0 60x50@0 80x80@0 70x80@0 50
x60@0 30x80@0 20x80@0 20x70@0 40x50@1 20x30@0 20x20@1) -- Flat

# Button 4: Minimize (image of large window being shrunk down)
ButtonStyle 4 ActiveUp (12 40x10@1 90x10@1 90x60@0 20x90@0 90x60@0
40x60@0 40x10@1 10x80@1 20x80@1 20
x90@0 10x90@0 10x80@1) -- Flat
ButtonStyle 4 ActiveDown (18 40x10@0 90x10@0 90x60@1 20x90@1 90x60@1
40x60@1 40x10@0 10x80@0 20x80@0
20x90@1 10x90@1 01x99@1 01x01@0 99x01@0 99x99@1 01x99@1 10x90@0 10x80@0)
-- Flat
ButtonStyle 4 Inactive (12 40x10@1 90x10@1 90x60@0 20x90@0 90x60@0
40x60@0 40x10@1 10x80@1 20x80@1 20
x90@0 10x90@0 10x80@1) -- Flat

# Button 2: Maximize (image of window being enlarged)
ButtonStyle 2 ActiveUp (11 90x10@0 90x75@0 25x75@0 60x75@0 60x90@0
10x90@0 10x55@1 25x55@1 25x75@1 25
x10@1 90x10@1) -- Flat
ButtonStyle 2 ActiveDown (17 90x10@1 90x75@1 25x75@1 60x75@1 60x90@1
10x90@1 01x99@1 01x01@0 99x01@0
99x99@1 01x99@1 10x90@0 10x55@0 25x55@0 25x75@0 25x10@0 90x10@0) -- Flat

ButtonStyle 2 Inactive (11 90x10@0 90x75@0 25x75@0 60x75@0 60x90@0
10x90@0 10x55@1 25x55@1 25x75@1 25
x10@1 90x10@1) -- Flat

Thanks

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:19:57 +0300

> # Button 2: Maximize (image of window being enlarged)

Buttons are numbered 1,3,5.. on the left side, 2,4,6.. on the right side.
First, you should define a button's look, just like it is done for your
buttons 1, 2 and 4, using vector graphics, pixmap, mini-icon or other
method, read about ButtonStyle in the man page. If you don't define a
button's look, the default look for that button will be used (dot,
rectangle or empty square), which may be not what you want.

Second, you should bind some Key or Mouse command to a newly defined
button, unbound buttons are not shown.

A working example:

ButtonStyle 3  7 70x15@0 30x55@1 50x55@0 40x85@1 80x45@0 60x45@1 70x15@0
Mouse 0  3  A  WindowShade

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].