Subject: FVWM: buttons

From: Dude <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:53:07 +0200

hi,
how can i remove all buttons except delete ?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 06:07:23 -0400

> how can i remove all buttons except delete ?

Look up "NoButton" in the man page.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:03:55 +0200

> how can i remove all buttons except delete ?

Edit your configuration file and find all lines that look
like this:

  Mouse <digit> ...
  Key <digit> ...

The <digit> is the number of the button (1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 for
the buttons on the left side and 2, 4, 6, 8 and 0 for buttons
on the right side, counting from outside to inside). Delete
or comment all the lines for the buttons you do not want to get.

In fvwm, a button appears as soon as a function is bound to it
with the commands 'Key' or 'Mouse'.  To disable it you have to
remove all bindings on this button.  An alternative way is to
specify the 'NoButton' style for each unwanted button.  However,
this is less clean and efficient.

  Style * Nobutton 3, NoButton 5, ... (and so on)

(See man page for details)

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Lowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 00:50:30 -0400

> or comment all the lines for the buttons you do not want to get.

In my config, the button number is the third field in the "Mouse" line.
The second field is the button-number on the mouse itself that line refers
to.

Such as
  Mouse 1 2 T Close

Where left-clicking (mouse button 1) on button 2 in the titlebar kills
the window.

 -dan

-- 
Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?  -George Carlin

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:21:35 +0200

> Where left-clicking (mouse button 1) on button 2 in the titlebar kills

Ups, of course. Sorry for the confusion.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^