Subject: FVWM: FVWM to SunOS 4.1.4

From: "Edison E. Bustos x329" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 12:45:18 -0400

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie with fvwm and I'm looking for fvwm to SunOS 4.1.4.

If it is possible, Where can I get it?

Thanks in advanced

Edison

-- 
Edison E. Bustos
Electronic Engineer, M.Sc.
Computer Applications Group-AURA Inc.
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 12:59:52 -0400

> If it is possible, Where can I get it?

I'm sure its possible.

The fvwm site  doesn't have any  binary distributions and I don't know
where you would get one for SunOS 4.1.4.

You should be able to  download the source and  compile it without any
problems.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Jul 2000 14:48:27 -0400

%% Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:

  de> You should be able to download the source and compile it without
  de> any problems.

Well, not without _any_ problems.

FVWM now requires an ANSI C compiler.  The default cc that comes with
SunOS is a moldy old K&R compiler (but hey, it's a compiler!)

You'll need to either get a binary copy of GCC or use your moldy old K&R
cc to build GCC, whereupon you can use GCC to build FVWM.

Unless you have an ANSI compiler for SunOS 4.1.x lying around somewhere
else, of course.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].