Subject: FVWM: X-display larger than physical screen

From: Geoff Kingsmill <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 04:15:33 -0700 (PDT)

I am running fvwm. When some X-Applications are displayed the actual 
X-display is larger than the physical screen. 

I can reproduce the problem by issueing the command 
"xterm -geometry 200x10000". If I use this command to create a display 
on a node running MWM then the created display is only as large as the
physical screen. If I display the same application on a system running 
FVWM then the created display is much larger than the physical screen. 
If I Maximize the X display then the window reduces in size so that it 
fits on the physical screen.

How can I configured fvwm so that when a X-Application starts it is no
larger than the physical display?

Thanks,
Geoff..

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Kick off your party with Yahoo! Invites.
http://invites.yahoo.com/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 08:55:36 -0400

> larger than the physical display?

Look up MaxWindowSize in your fvwm2 man page.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:03:39 -0700

set proper geometry for the window. if you specify geometry that
exceeds the size of physical screen then the window will be larger than
physical screen, that's how it's supposed to work.

  you can start it maximized, I guess, or you can write a function to
figure out what the geometry is.

	erik