Subject: FVWM: swallow - netscape

From: Martin Eyles <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:00:17 +0100

Is there any way to swallow the component bar of netscape into the
button bar

I tried this
*FvwmButtons(1x6,Swallow "Netscape" "Exec /usr/local/bin/netscape
-component-bar")
but just got netscape to behave very bizzarely

Alternatively, is there a way to get netscapes componet bar to apear
without any title bar next to the button bar on all desktops (ie - not
swallowed, but looks and feels like it)

Cheers - Martin

--
Martin Eyles
[email-masked]
http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~phudu/
http://www.jreyles.freeserve.co.uk/martin/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:35:13 -0700

> but just got netscape to behave very bizzarely

Maybe you ought to try changing the "Hangon" value to
"mozillaComponentBar"?
 
> swallowed, but looks and feels like it)

You can certainly do this. You just need to feed explicit geometry
(try setting this as an X resource in the Netscape.ad file) and then
match "mozillaComponentBar" for the appropriate decoration-less
behavior, like:

Style "mozillaComponentBar" BorderWidth 0, NoHandles, NoTitle
-- 
[email-masked]                            http://www.mikehan.com/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"Closed Mondays." The Walker Art Center
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].