Subject: FVWM: error message: stdin: is not a tty

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 05:07:21 -0230 (NDT)

Hello,

I am getting the following error message but I don't know why.

[nzanella@tulip nzanella]$ cat .xsession-errors
stdin: is not a tty

Does anyone know what could be causing it?

Thanks,

Neil

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:33:58 -0400

> Does anyone know what could be causing it?

I don't see how it could be fvwm.

Try putting "echo" statements at various stategic places in your config
files to narrow it down.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 21:32:18 -0700

> Does anyone know what could be causing it?

In all likelihood somewhere in fvwm you're Exec'ing or otherwise
invoking an interactive program in a pipeline. This program doesn't
like receiving its input like this and is complaining. For example,
perhaps something like:

Exec echo foo | pine

might be the cause. I don't actually know what happens if you pipe
data into pine, but it came to mind as an interactive program unlikely
to want input from stdin. HTH,
-- 
[email-masked]                            http://www.mikehan.com/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"And, just like it should in all stories about philosophers, it ended
up in complete chaos." - Richard P. Feynman
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].