Subject: FVWM: virtual caps lock LED for a laptop

From: Josin Etienne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:53:24 -0600 (MDT)

hi,  i am running redhat 6.1"s fvwm2 on a laptop which does not
have LEDs for the CAPS and NUM lock keys.

i got xkbvleds running (i hacked the binary to make the
on state "red"). 

the thing is that the virtual LEDs are pretty small, and
it seems there is no way --via the command line-- to make them
 bigger. 
i  do not have xkbvled"s source code and i am in a place of the
world where i cannot even dream of downloading the 
tar.gz files that i would need.  (i was told i would need to 
download  a 21 MB file)

so the question is: is there a functionality within fvwm2 
which i could use to create my own virtual LEDs ?  I think
that if i get a hook to monitor the keys, i could write something
in QT to display virtual LEDs of a bigger size than those of
xkbvled.

thanks for any tips, insights, etc. ! - josin

_________________________________________________________________________
In Heaven there will be no DOS, no Intel, and above all, no Bill.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].