Subject: FVWM: I've tried under X the tool Desktop Switching Tool and now I'm in FVWM.

From: "Michel Sargentini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:41:09 +0200

I've tried under X the tool Desktop Switching Tool and now I'm in FVWM.
But I want to go back to KDE or GNOME.
But how do I doe that? I've tried it with Desktop Switching Tool under FVWM but that doesn't work. Then I've tried Switchdesk but that doesn't either work.
Do you have another option??

Thanks

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Shawn A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:26:39 -0600

> Do you have another option??

It looks like you could write 'GNOME' in /etc/sysconfig/desktop.

read the file: /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients for more info

HTH,
sa

---

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 07:51:54 -0400 (EDT)

What Linux dist. do you use? RedHat ?  How do you log in gdm, xdm, or just
terminal and startx?  Have you looked at the files .xsession or .Xclients
in your home directory?  FVWM is not in control of whether or not it is
chosen as your window manager.

Tom

---

From: "Oliver L. Plaine Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:55:11 -0500

>>Do you have another option??
===================
Tue, 13 Jun 2000  15:35:15

I don't know what system you are running Michel, but you might try...

control  alt  backspace.....that should kill x...then you will be at a
$ prompt,,...type in  desktopcfg   that should give you a little panel
with several selections on it.

Olly P 
Biloxi