Subject: FVWM: Console Messages

From: Anthony Grossi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:34:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hi folks,

Does anyone know how to supress console messages from popping up
on the bottom of my window??  Everytime they appear I must "Redraw"
to clean up my desktop.

Regards,

Anthony
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 13 Jun 2000 09:58:01 -0400

%% Anthony Grossi <[email-masked]> writes:

  ag> Does anyone know how to supress console messages from popping up
  ag> on the bottom of my window??  Everytime they appear I must
  ag> "Redraw" to clean up my desktop.

The simplest thing to do is run a program that grabs the console output.
Then the console messages will go to that program instead of the screen.
One of these is xconsole.  You can also start an xterm with the -C
option to grab the console output.

See the man pages (this isn't a function of your window manager).

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:48:29 -0400

> on the bottom of my window??  Everytime they appear I must "Redraw"

Run one of the console programs, like "contool", "xconsole", or even
"xterm -C".

If that doesn't help, mention the OS you are using.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].