Subject: FVWM: Lost title bar and buttons

From: Juan Leon Lahoz Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 08:08:44 +0200

Hi.

I've a little problem with fvwm2. I've recently upgraded from fvwm95,
and now some windows (modal windows of some aplications) have not
title bar (and resizing handlers, or how they are called). My config
file is my old trusty .fvwm95rc slighty modified (the paths, only).
Anybody can tell me how to get the old behaviour (all windows should
have the title except when NoTitle is specified in a "Style" line)?

In fact, I have the following line in my config file:

Style "*" Title, BorderWidth 5, HandleWidth 5

Thanks in advance.

--
Leon
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Vivek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:31:54 +0100 (BST)

> Style "*" Title, BorderWidth 5, HandleWidth 5

I _think_ 'DecorateTransient' is what you want, try adding it to your
default style.

>From the man page:

              DecorateTransient causes transient  windows,  which
              are  normally  left  undecorated,  to  be given the
              usual fvwm decorations (title bar, buttons,  etc.).
              Note  that  some  pop-up windows, such as the xterm
              menus, are not managed by the  window  manager  and
              still  do  not  receive decorations. NakedTransient
              (the default) causes transient windows  not  to  be
              given the standard decorations.

-- 
"... I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.  All these
things will be lost in time, like the root partition last week.  Time
to die..." - Peter Gutmann - a.s.r