Subject: AnotherLevelUp RPM

From: John Latham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 18:53:35 +0100

snip...
------------

Okay, I have put together a `pre-release' of my next version (dated 20th
April!) as rpms. It's not that different from the March 27th `tar' release at
the moment, but it may have one or two more features by April 20th (e.g. the
shutdown feature..)! :-)

If you do try it, then please let me know if it works/fails, etc.. I'll be
away from my email from now until Friday evening: going to get some beer!
After that, I'll be happy to answer any question, and give you a hand
tailoring it, etc..

Install RPM:
	http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~jtl/ALU/AnotherLevelUp-000420-1.noarch.rpm

Source RPM:
	http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~jtl/ALU/AnotherLevelUp-000420-1.src.rpm

These are not referred to on the web site yet, just stand-alone URL's.

You'll want to uninstall AnotherLevel first (else it conflicts). Don't worry,
AnotherLevelUp contans all the same icons (and more) that AnotherLevel puts
into /usr/share/icons.

	rpm -e AnotherLevel
	rpm -i AnotherLevelUp-000420-1.noarch.rpm

It should work `out of the box' on RH6.1 (I haven't tried it on RH6.2 yet...).

To get `full functionality' you might also consider getting hold of:

	xsnow: nice desktop feature.
		Last RPM I have was from RPM's Galore, CD, Summer 99. Prior to
		that it was in Red Hat 5.2.

	xv: good package anyway, but nice here for it's bggen program to get
			stripey backgrounds.
		Last RPM I have was from RPM's Galore, CD, Summer 99. Prior to
                that it was in Red Hat 5.2.

	xearth: lovely desktop background feature.
		Still comes with RH6.1. RH6.2 has shifted it to power tools.

	xlbiff: a great `xbiff' program, which pops up a window showing your
			latest 10 mail headers (well, when plugged into ALU, it does).
		But not an RPM yet. :-( Maybe I should package it?

Other `non RH6.1 standard' programs ALU knows about (i.e. has `plugs' for) are:

	Editors: (Currently, it offers these choices even when they're not installed!)
		jove - editor (cut down emacs, cheep cheerful).
		nedit - editor (easy, novice friendly)
		xemacs - editor

	ddd - a nice debugger

Perhaps I'll eventually dig out some URLs for all these, and stick them on the ALU web site.

Good luck!

Ta, John

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].