Subject: Re: FVWM: FvwmEvent: killing netscape windows

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 22:09:22 -0230 (NDT)

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 [email-masked] wrote:

> Browsing through your Netscape.ad (app-defaults, comes with the tarball) file 
> might give some hints. I've used this entry for years now:
> 
> Netscape*selectBackground:      #FFFF66
> 
> Add that with xrdb, restart netscape and you're done. There's a whole lot of 
> other settings one can mess with... :->

This may sound like a silly question but how do I use xrdb to add the
resource. Is it possible to add the resource on the command line?
If not then can I put it in my ~/.Xdefaults or must I put it in the
Netscape.ad file?

Thanks,

Neil

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:44:02 -0700

> If not then can I put it in my ~/.Xdefaults or must I put it in the

We're wandering pretty far off-topic here, but what the heck. Recent
versions of netscape (>4.07?) will not respect the X resources
database. All resource customizations must be made in the applications
default file.
-- 
[email-masked]                            http://www.mikehan.com/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"Compulsory education is inconstitutional" - random graffitti
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].