Subject: FVWM: fvwm and KDE. . .

From: Norvell Spearman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 00:06:18 -0500

If this belongs to the workers list, all apologies. . .

Has anyone tried using the latest beta versions of fvwm as the wm for
KDE?  How well does it work under KDE?  Anything special need to be done
for fvwm to work like this?

Thanks for any answers to this.
 
---Norvell Spearman
---------------------------
``Trouble is my business.''
          ---Philip Marlowe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 05:24:02 +0300

> Thanks for any answers to this.

I may not remember exact details, but it is impossible to simply replace
kwm with fvwm (in startkde script). KDE starts krootwm to enable clicking
on background and fvwm can't be started after krootwm on the same display.

Of course it is possible to start pure fvwm and run almost all KDE
applications, but some applications (like kpanel) require KDE-compliant
window manager and will not run under fvwm unless you specify
-no-KDE-compliant-window-manager parameter.

Regards,
Mikhael.