Subject: FVWM: resizing shaded windows

From: Wing Tung Leung <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 00:27:56 +0200

Just a small suggestion I wanted to make concerning shaded windows.

When I try to resize a shaded window, it starts the resize operation
with the original size. The new windows dimensions will only be visible
when it's unshaded. Wouldn't it be more userfriendly if resizing a
shaded window automaticly changes it into a unshaded state with the
chosen dimension?

Thanks again to all the people who contribute to fvwm2.

Tung
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:14:07 +0100

> shaded window automaticly changes it into a unshaded state with the

You can write a functions to do this:

AddToFunc my_resize I WindowShade False
+ I Resize

If you already have the Resize in a function you can just put the
Windowshade line before it.

It's a bad idea for fvwm commands to do anything more complex than
necessary, it loses flexibility and make it much harder to test which
means bugs creep in.

Cheers,
Tim.