Subject: FVWM: ques

From: "leegold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 01:29:01 -0400

1. the default figuration file has MyTALk & MyfvwmTalk-  what is this?

2. what is FvwmForm Alias?

3. what does the term swallowing refer to?

4. what are sample functions for? eg. AddtoFunc MailFunction?

5. why would i need remote logins? eg. snoopy?

thanks

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 13:10:15 -0400

> 1. the default figuration file has MyTALk & MyfvwmTalk-  what is this?

Those are 2 examples of how to do something similar to FvwmTalk using
FvwmForm.

> 2. what is FvwmForm Alias?

Hmm, doesn't look like its explained very well in the 2.2.4 man page.
Heres the current man page explanation adjusted to describe 2.2.4:

     Normally  you would invoke FvwmForm  with  an alias represent the
     name of a form, and its configuration commands.  For example, the
     command  "Module  FvwmForm Rlogin"   uses  configuration commands
     starting with "*Rlogin".

> 3. what does the term swallowing refer to?

Embedding an application inside an fvwm module.  This is how Perfmeters
get embedded in FvwmButtons.

> 4. what are sample functions for? eg. AddtoFunc MailFunction?

I don't know what you mean.  Do you want to know why we provide samples,
or what MailFunction does?

We provide samples to help people understand fvwm.

Mailfunction shows how to have one menu entry that both starts and
deiconifies and focuses an application.

> 5. why would i need remote logins? eg. snoopy?

If you had more than one computer and you wanted to access it remotely
the example shows how.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].