Subject: FVWM: FvwmEvent: killing netscape windows

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 21:53:08 -0230 (NDT)

Hello,

I would like to know how I can use fvwm2 (possibly FvwmEvent)
to do the following:

When a window with window name "Netscape: Error" pops up fvwm2
automatically clicks OK for me.

When a window with window name "Netscape: Licence Agreement" pops
up fvwm2 automatically clicks Accept for me. Alternatively,
passing a Return keystroke to the above mentioned nasty netscape
windows would also do.

I tried the following but it did not work (I did not find the
FvwmEvent man page as clear as the other pages).

Module FvwmEvent
*FvwmEvent "Netscape: Error" Destroy

???

Thanks,

Neil

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:33:01 -0700

> When a window with window name "Netscape: Licence Agreement" pops

  this one should only pop-up when you run netscape for the very first
time, why would you need fvwm automatically click it for you?

> *FvwmEvent "Netscape: Error" Destroy

  you might want to use Close, Destroy kills the netscape (all windows).

  also, use FvwmIdent (IIRC) to identify the window that you want to
close.

	erik