Subject: FVWM: A focus question (fvwm2)

From: Sven Esbjerg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 02:46:38 +0200

Hi

Please bare with me if someone has asked this before - I wasn't able to find
an answer in the mail-archive.

I like to be able to Alt-Tab between my windows. I also like to have a
permanent xclock and xload running on my desktop. However when either xclock
or xload is running the Alt-Tab function doesn't work. It stalls at the first
window. I was wondering if its possible to give an application/window the
abbility _not_ to accept focus or ignore it (like the pager)?

My configuration is pasted in below:

Style "xclock"  NoTitle
Style "xload"   NoTitle

# Alt+Tab conf
Key Tab         A       M       Next [CurrentPage !iconic] focus-and-raise
Key Tab         A       MS      Prev [CurrentPage !iconic] focus-and-raise
Key Tab         A       CM      Next [CurrentPage] deiconify-and-focus
Key Tab         A       CMS     Prev [CurrentPage] deiconify-and-focus

(the latter has been stolen from the Debian system.fvwm2rc)

Sven Esbjerg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 04:16:22 +0300

> (the latter has been stolen from the Debian system.fvwm2rc)

You probably want to experiment with all or several style options:

Style "xclock"  NoTitle, CirculateSkip, WindowListSkip, NeverFocus

See your local fvwm2 man page to get info about them.
Also you may consider to bind WindowList to Alt-Tab or Alt-Escape.
I hope this helps. Otherwise explain better what do you mean by "stalls".

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Sven Esbjerg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 04:02:21 +0200

> Style "xclock"  NoTitle, CirculateSkip, WindowListSkip, NeverFocus

CirculateSkip exactly! That did the trick :)

> I hope this helps. Otherwise explain better what do you mean by "stalls".

Well thanks. It seemed like you got my meening af "stalls".

Regards
Sven Esbjerg