Subject: FVWM: Menu overlap?

From: Geoff Ludwiczak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 13:54:55 -0700

Hey,

Is it possible to have sub-menus popup adjacent to the parent menu?
instead of overlaping...

Thanks!

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 02:59:21 -0230 (NDT)

Try putting the following in your config file and restarting:

MenuStyle * PopupOffset 0 100

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 08:08:51 +0200

> Is it possible to have sub-menus popup adjacent to the parent menu?

Yes.  The MenuStyle command allows complete control
over look and feel of menus.  Try out

  MenuStyle * mwm

to switch to mwm like menus, or

  MenuStyle * PopupOffset -3 100

To change only the placement of popup menus.  Both work
with any release from the 2.2.x series or later.  If you
still use 2.0.x or earlier, you have to use the old syntax
of the MenuStyle command (see man page) and use 'mwm'
instead of 'fvwm'.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 17:21:28 -0400 (EDT)

Look at man page for MenuStyle and the options of MWM, FVWM, and WIN.

To quote:

              FVWM,  MWM, WIN reset all options to the style with
              the same name in  former  versions  of  fvwm2.  The
              default  for  new  menu styles is FVWM style.
    ...
              MWM and WIN style menus popup  sub-menus  automati-
              cally.  WIN menus indicate the current menu item by
              changing the background  to  dark.  FVWM  sub-menus
              overlap  the  parent  menu, MWM and WIN style menus
              never overlap the parent menu.

 Tom