Subject: FVWM: Icons on the FvwmButton

From: Ali Faour <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 16:01:24 -0400

Hi,

   I am still not able to get the xpm icon stuff to work. I included in
the
.fvwm2rc (I am using fvwm-2.2.4) the following lines:

 .....

  Style "XTerm"       Icon xterm-sol.xpm, SloppyFocus, IconBox -70 1 -1
-140

 .....

  *FvwmButtons(1x2 Title Xterm, Icon terra.xbm, Action `Exec xterm&`)

 .....

But still when I iconify xterm I am getting a small rectangular box.
And in the buttonbar, I am only getting the string "Xterm" but not
the icon "terra.xpm".

I tried other xpm icons for other applications and I got the same thing.

Can you help me?

Thanks

N.B.: I set the icon and pixmap to where the xpm are located.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 16:07:47 -0400 (EDT)

Can you get icons at all?  Why not try

Style "*term"          Icon    xterm-sol.xpm

Tom

---

From: Ali Faour <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 16:33:02 -0400

> >N.B.: I set the icon and pixmap to where the xpm are located.

I tried it, but no success. I installed fvwm95 and it worked but it is
using all the color map so I preferred to use fvwm2. I am really starting
to have a head ache because of this icon stuff. Sorry guys.!!!!

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 16:50:04 -0400

> to have a head ache because of this icon stuff. Sorry guys.!!!!

Sorry to see you having all these problems.  Heres some advice,
when all else fails, use the source.

Go into fvwm/icons.c and add "fprintfs" at strategic locations.

For this problem, you want to print in "CreateIconWindow" and
"GetXPMFile".

If your not a programmer, send me some mail, and we will work it out.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].