Subject: FVWM: MWMButtons control seems not working on fvwm-2.3.17

From: Seiichi Namba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:49:07 +0900

Thanks for all the effort of fvwm developer team,

I am not subscribing the ML's, and I don't know if I am right to send this
report here, but I would like to try.

Now I am trying fvwm-2.3.17, and I am glad that it works right in both
maximizing and shading at the same time, but found that the color
control relating MWMButtons is not correctly working.

>From the old days, MWM* style is my favourite, and current setup in my
~/.fvwm2rc is:

ButtonStyle 2 5 25x25@1 25x75@1 75x75@0 75x25@0 25x25@1
ButtonStyle 3 16 20x20@1 30x20@1 50x40@1 70x20@1 80x20@1 80x30@0 60x50@0 \
         80x80@0  70x80@0 50x60@0 30x80@0 20x80@0 20x70@0 40x50@1 20x30@0 20x20@1
ButtonStyle All -- Flat
         <snip>
Style "*"           MWMBorder,MWMButtons,MWMFunctions,MWMDecor,HintOverride

but at least the MWMButtons is not working correctly.  My rightmost button
(my maximizer button: Button 2 ?) does not keep track with my color
settings if the window is maximized.  In my case, assuming a title
and button styles like this:

TitleStyle ActiveUp Vgradient 24 #666666 #999999 -- flat
TitleStyle ActiveDown Vgradient 24 #555555 #999999  -- flat
TitleStyle Inactive Vgradient 24 #11236b #03092b -- flat
ButtonStyle All -- UseTitleStyle flat

the rightmost button of active window is light gray (perhaps #999999)
and has no gradient, while that of inactive window turns into dark
gray (perhaps #555555, even if the intended color for inactive window
should be dark blue sort of Vgradient #11236b #03092b).

The color control of the button is correct if the relevant window is
in non-maximized state (including the Vgradient), and shape control is
just perfect even when maximized (only the color control is not working).

I have a screen shot of the malfunctioning button, and if you can't reproduce
the symptom, I would try to publish the image as one of the screen shot in
my dired-dd page (http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~pi9s-nnb/dired-dd-home.html).

The same .fvwm2rc setup is working correctly in fvwm-2.2.2 and 2.2.4.

My temporary fix is removing the MWMButtons mnemonic in the setup.
I can't take time to look the src at all yet, sorry.

Sincerely,

PS.
I am Sorry, but I am not subscribing the lists, so please use Cc:, or
direct mail if you have to contact with me.

Seiichi Namba <[email-masked]>
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~pi9s-nnb/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 07:14:10 -0400 (EDT)

> and button styles like this:

You need to tell fvwm2 WHICH button is the Maximize button.  Check your fvwm2
manual page and look for the description of the ButtonStyle keyword...
specifically, the MwmDecorMaximize hint.

-- 
Larry Gensch                                          [email-masked]

                  "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"