Subject: FVWM: Exceed Trouble

From: Ian Clough <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 15:29:31 -0400

Hi,

   I'm using Exceed and I can't cross (by mouse/pointer dragging) to
neighbouring desktops below and to the right, but I can go up and left.
My guess is that the zero valued horizontal and vertical edges are well
defined and understood by both exceed and X, but the right & bottom
edges are troublesome.

 I've fiddled around with:

EdgeResistance 125 1
EdgeScroll 100 100
EdgeThickness 1

Setting them with a bunch of different settings but never saw any
improvement.

I have noticed that on the PC/NT side the screen is 1152x864 but on the
Unix side
xrdb -symbols reveals that  -DWIDTH=1152 -DHEIGHT=845, I assume that the
missing 11 is due to the taskbasr, but the taskbar isn't even displayed
on the X side, and I'm under the assumption that a smaller value on the
X side would mean that scrolling south would bring up the lower desktop
sooner??  Confused.

HELP!!!

Thanks,

Ian

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 10:19:32 +0100

Ian Clough wrote:
> Unix side xrdb -symbols reveals that  -DWIDTH=1152 -DHEIGHT=845

It sounds like you can't move the mouse to the right or bottom edge of
the screen from Exceed's point of view.  On the windows taskbar do a
right button click to get the menu up and select tools/configuration. 
In the configuration window double click "Screen Definition". You can
either try enabling "Full Screen" or changing the root size to something
smaller (e.g. 1000 x 750).  If that still desn't work try setting
EdgeThickness to 2.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 20:50:16 -0700

Previously from Ian Clough
>X side would mean that scrolling south would bring up the lower desktop

Well, you should start by explaining some more. Your display appears
to be 1152x864 in Windows, correct? And somehow your Exceed server's
area is supposed to be 1152x845? Are you running Exceed in a window,
or "full screen" except the taskbar? What you're describing sounds
very distinctly like the bottom and right edges of your X display are
being cropped by the Windows border.

Try issuing:

xterm -geometry 80x24-0-0

If any portion of the xterm window doesn't appear, then your display
is clearly cropped and you need to resize the Exceed window
appropriately.

HTH,
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"Compulsory education is inconstitutional" - graffitti I saw in the subway
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].