Subject: FVWM: environment variables

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 04:47:54 -0230 (NDT)

Hello,

I would like to know whether or not all of the shell's environment
variables are available for use anywhere within the .fvwm2rc (I could
not find this info in the fvwm2 man page).

Thanks,

Neil

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 02:09:47 +0300

> not find this info in the fvwm2 man page).

The man page is correct, i.e. fvwm 2.3.x does not expand environment
variables $VAR or ${VAR} anywhere except for 3 documented places:
ImagePath, ModulePath, Restart.

You can expand environment variables using PipeRead or FvwmM4 (`info m4`).

Regards,
Mikhael.