Subject: FVWM: XPM support and windows resolution -- HELP

From: Ali Faour <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 13:09:00 -0400

Hi,

    If when configure I get that I don't have XPM support, then how to
have it and where
can I find i? I also would like to know how to change the window
resolution in such a way
that all X application show small?

thanks

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 13:34:26 -0400

Ali Faour <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hi,
> 
>     If when configure I get that I  don't have XPM support, then how
> to have it and where can I find i?

Looking back at your previous question, I see that my last answer
assumed you got past this step.  Sorry about that.

The file "INSTALL.fvwm"  in the fvwm   distribution explains what  you
need.  You need to  get  and install the  XPM  library, and then  tell
configure where it is.

> I also would  like to know how to
> change the  window resolution in such  a way  that all X application
> show small?

Your previous mails indicate that you are running Solaris 2.6 on an
UltraSparc.  Usually Solaris picks the highest resolution.

What Window resolution do you have?  For example, I get:

fork> xdpyinfo | grep dimen
  dimensions:    1280x1024 pixels (361x289 millimeters)

You can make individual windows smaller by using smaller fonts.
For example:

xterm -fn 6x13bold

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].