Subject: FVWM: losing colors when adding another button

From: Peter Bismuti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 19:47:08 -0700

The colors are fine when I just have
a pager in my ButtonBox, but when I 
try to add another button to it the 
colors change, some turning black.  

Can anyone tell me what causes this?

Thx
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 09:54:44 -0700

it looks like the X server does not have enough colors available,
check the depth using xdpyinfo... depending on the video card you might
be able to increase the number of colors.

	erik

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 13:31:44 -0400

> > Can anyone tell me what causes this?

If the above suggestion turns out to be the case (you are out of
colors):

1. Start Netscape with "-install".
2. Use a recent version fvwm2.  In the 2.x series, you need the
"ColorLimit" command.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].