Subject: FVWM: Installing fvwm2.2.4 into open linux 2.3

From: root <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 17:08:48 +1000

hi
I am a novice UNIX / LINUX user just recently installed Open Linux 2.3
from caldera systems...
My college have FVWM on there linux set up and I want to install it onto
Open LInux,....

I tried to unpack the downloaded fvwm file using gzip -cd  filename into
the too ..it strarts  but then stops  after a while and pc beeps!
can anyone help , with how to get fvwm -2.2.4.tar.gz up and running .on
Open Linux 2.3 ... be most appreciated  ...
thanks in advance  ronjb.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 08:02:07 -0400 (EDT)

>Open Linux 2.3 ... be most appreciated  ...

I'm not familiar with that dist. of linux, but if you have GNU tar
installed, it also understands how to unzip a file.  So you can either do 

tar xzf fvwm2.2.4.tar.gz

or 

gunzip fvwm2.2.4.tar.gz

tar xf fvwm2.2.4.tar

and it's unpacked.  Then just build and install and you're on your way.

Tom