Subject: FVWM: window manager stops responding

From: Dan Rizzuto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 11:41:49 -0500 (CDT)

Hi... Im running FVWM 2.2.4 on a RedHat 6.1 system and every so often
(read: unreproduceable but regularly) the window manager stops responding.

the symptoms are: key-bindings stop working, and I am unable to invoke the
WINDOW-OPTIONS pop-up by clicking on the upper-left portion of any of the 
window decorations. My right and left mouse-click behaviors still work,
though.

the only way I have found to restore window management is to log out of X
(which is highly suboptimal). (The restart FVWM function doesnt do
anything)

has anyone solved this problem before?? does it even reside with FVWM ??

Thanx,

-Dan
________________________________
Dan Rizzuto
[email-masked]

Computational Memory Lab
Brandeis University
http://fechner.ccs.brandeis.edu

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 12:23:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
I recently upgraded to RH6.1 and am using fvwm2.2.4 and have never run
into the problems you mention.  Are you also using gnome?

Sorry,
Tom

---

From: Dan Rizzuto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 12:27:09 -0500 (CDT)

The problem is solved. It was a function of the NUMLOCK modifier being
engaged.

Thanx,

-Dan

Computational Memory Lab
Brandeis University