Subject: FVWM: unfocusing?

From: greg shebert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 22:45:28 -0500

hi there...

in the process of migrating from twm to fvwm i have found that fvwm does
not seem to have a command equivalent to twm's f.unfocus function...

basically, f.unfocus will cause the window manager to take focus back
after an application grabs it... this is useful for some misbehaved
applications that grab focus but don't release it properly...

does fvwm have such function that i am just missing?

-greg-

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 01:22:03 +0300

> does fvwm have such function that i am just missing?

I am not aware about a way to request unfocus from fvwm.
But if you really need this feature, here is a function that does this.
Note, NoWarp option of Focus only exists in 2.3.x series.

DestroyFunc Unfocus
AddToFunc   Unfocus
+ I None (MyDummyWin) Exec xmessage -name MyDummyWin -g +10000+10000 text
+ I None (MyDummyWin) Wait MyDummyWin
+ I Next (MyDummyWin) FlipFocus NoWarp

Style MyDummyWin WindowListSkip, CirculateHit

Key F5 A CS Unfocus

Regards,
Mikhael.