Subject: FVWM: Window Decorations Question

From: "Shankar, VK" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 16:24:51 -0700

Can I selectively add or remove decorations to a window (title, border etc)
based on window id.
What would it take to add this as a built in function to fvwm, so that I
could invoke this from a module.
Is there any other way I can solve this problem.

I am trying to run netscape in a kiosk mode.
I don't want the first window to have any decorations, but subsequent
windows need decorations.

Please help

Rgds
VK

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 19:50:29 -0700

Previously from "Shankar, VK"
>windows need decorations.

I don't think there's any way to do what you're asking. At least, not
for now.

But I can offer this workaround:

When Netscape first starts, it sets the title to something long and
obnoxious. In my experience, startup is the *only* time the title is
set this way, so you could do something like:

Style Netscape Title
Style "Netscape: Version foo blah blah blah" NoTitle

This should more or less do what you're trying to do.
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"If you lend me some money, it'll be my treat."
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].