Subject: FVWM: More trouble - now compiling.

From: Jan Eliasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 16:45:58 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi there.

I got past the configure script, and I've compiled just fine.

Then I wanted to try it with ./configure --enable-extras
The configure script ran fine, but when I try to compile, I get this;
make[3]: Entering directory
`/user/eliasen/junta/download/fvwm-2.2.4/extras/FvwmConfig'

c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../libs -I/pack/xpm/include
-I/usr/openwin/include    -g -O2 -c FvwmConfig.C

In file included from WinBase.h:5,
                 from FvwmConfig.C:9:
/usr/openwin/include/X11/Xlib.h:2063: ANSI C++ forbids declaration
`XSetTransientForHint' with no type

I get a whole lot of those, and then it quits with this line;

make[3]: *** [FvwmConfig.o] Error 1

Help?

It's still a sparc Solaris 2.6 machine.

-- 
Eliasen Jr.
For god quote-skik, se http://www.usenet.dk/netikette/quote.html

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 15:39:48 -0400

> It's still a sparc Solaris 2.6 machine.

I think the advice we normally give is don't use '--enable-extras'.
This C++ module is not carried forward into our current beta releases.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].