Subject: FVWM: ActivePlacement ??

From: greg shebert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 21:45:24 -0500

i was under the impression that active placement would allow me to place
a new window via moving the mouse pointer and clicking where i want the
window placed...

this doesnt seem to be the behavior that i get and there is no entry in
the man page for ActivePlacement that describes what it does...

ideally what i would like is for a new window to be placed where the
mouse pointer is automatically - without clicking... is this possible?

-greg-

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 16:08:04 +0200

> a new window via moving the mouse pointer and clicking where i want the

That's exactly what it does - but only if you do not use RandomPlacement.
The right style line to get the behaviour you want is

  Stype * ActivePlacement, DumbPlacement

> the man page for ActivePlacement that describes what it does...

There is a man page section in the latest beta versions.

> mouse pointer is automatically - without clicking... is this possible?

With the current development code.  You can set up FvwmEvent
to trigger this command whenever a new window is created:

  Move pointer

This should do the trick.  You'll need one of the 2.3.x betas, though.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].