Subject: FVWM: any way to have fvwm send data to stdin of xterm?

From: Keith Kaple <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 14:53:12 -0400

I would like to do something like define a button that would send keystrokes or ascii to the telnet session running in an xterm, is this possible?

Example:
Suppose after I telnet to a router, I click a button and "conf t\n logging console\n exit\n debug h225 asn1\n debug h245 asn1\n debug ras\n" is sent to the router via the fvwm Func I write.  

Would open up some awesome possibilities for router configuration ;-)

Thanks,

K

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 12:19:07 -0700

I'd use telnet and expect combination for this. possibly with
combination with some gui... leaving fvwm completely out of the loop (as
I think it does not really belong there).

  to use xterm as you describe you would have to generate X keyboard
events and send them to xterm window. I am not sure how to do it using
fvwm.

	erik