Subject: FVWM: Theme Matters (4dwm look)

From: Martin Adelstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 08:26:06 +0200

Hello List,

I am new to this list and therefore I'd like to introduce myself with a
first personal matter to this list:
I'd like to know of there is a configuration file, which resembles the
IRIX 4dwm look on the fvwm2 window manager..

In fact is there a possibility to make fvwm look more like the default
scwm scheme, which is quite close to the 4dwm look...
To be honest scwm is kinda a difficult to configure at the
beginning...... ;)

I have only found a theme for enlightenment, but it is not configurable,
as it came in one file .... (I am professional enough at enlightenment I
think ...;))
I'd be glad for any response ......

Bye, 

Martin 
-- 
......................................................
Created with Apple Powerbook G3/500
.....running soon on LINUX PPC :)
LONG LIVE LINUX - >>LLL<<<

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 15:33:00 -0700

Previously from Martin Adelstein
>I'd be glad for any response ......

Er, it's been a while since I last worked under IRIX; I don't remember
4dwm very well anymore. But from what I recall, it's essentially mwm
with some nice add-on bits, like the Desks Overview (FvwmPager can do
most of what Desks Overview did).

A mwm-like config shouldn't be too hard to find... Was there something
specific you had in mind?
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"I will not be a snickerpuss." - Lisa
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 09:16:37 +0200

> To be honest scwm is kinda a difficult to configure at the

could you make available a screenshot of '4dwm', or do you know 
a link?

jos

---

From: Scott Scriven <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 10:42:58 -0600

> could you make available a screenshot of '4dwm', or do you know 

I work on SGI machines, and the E theme for irix ("irex") looks
almost exactly like 4Dwm.  I don't personally use 4Dwm any more
(Fvwm is many orders of magnitude better!), so I'll link you to
the e theme shot rather than logging out and back in to create
my own screenshot.

http://images.themes.org/themes/e/shots/934728366.jpg

The important bits to note are the window borders and menus,
(including the font) which are identical to the real thing.

 _  _ _  _ ___ ___  ---"I don't get even - I just get odder."---
( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) |     Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ)    |
 \  / \  /  //  //  |       mailto:[email-masked]      |
 /  \ / /  //_ //_  |     irc:serdevian.dyn.omnipotent.net     |
(_/\_(_/  (___(___) |  http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/  |
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 11:16:09 +0000 (GMT)

Hi, 

I have been following this discussion for awhile, and since I am using IRIX at
work without having the ability to use fvwm2 with it (no compiler on the O2
box I'm on) I would like to ask (request?) whether anyone can provide
binaries for fvwm2 (any version, preferably 2.3.14+) for IRIX 6.5.7 ?

Is there any place on the net where I can download them? 

Thanx a bunch!

Oh, and by the way, 4dwm really does suck :)

Andrey