Subject: FVWM: locking xwindows up...

From: Danny Byers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:07:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hey!

Does fvwm support any type of screen locking? The ideal sol'n would be to have
the X environment locked so I don't always have to log out when I leave my
system...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:18:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Danny Byers wrote:

> Does fvwm support any type of screen locking? The ideal sol'n would be
> to have the X environment locked so I don't always have to log out
> when I leave my system...

Fvwm doesn't handle screen locking. You could just run "xlock" or
"xscreensaver" to lock your terminal. One of those ships with almost every
Xwindows on the market.
			-peace

--- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK ------------+-----------
GAT d- s:+ !a C+(+++) UI/L/S/B++(+++) | "In the morning glad I see
P>+ L+(++) E---- W+++ N+ o? K? w++++  |  My foe outstrech'd beneath the tree."
O--- M-- V PS+++@ PE Y-- PGP+ t++ 5   |               -The Poison Tree
X++ R- tv+ b DI++ D+ G e>*  h*(!) r-  |                William Blake
y*(+) ------ END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----+

---

From: David Forrest <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:24:32 -0400 (EDT)

Use something like the below on one of your .fvwm2rc AddToMenu s:

+ "&Lock %mini-bball.xpm%"       Exec xlock -mode blank &

-- 
 Dave Forrest                                [email-masked]
 (804)296-7283h 924-3954w      http://mug.sys.virginia.edu/~drf5n/