Subject: Re: FVWM: Binding Keys

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 11:04:48 +0200

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 09:34:33PM -0700, Kirk I Reiten wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Me again...  If I recall, you're the FVWM2 guy.

Yup.  However, your changes to get the answer you want are
better if you mail to the fvwm workers list ([email-masked]).
I'll send my reply there too.

> Two questions...  Does fvwm2 control keyboard delay?

No.

> I had to move upto
> RH 6.2 and it comes with FMWV2 however, my keyboard delay sped up... Any
> idea why.

No, sorry, I have no idea.

> Another question, which might not be FVWM related has to do with
> netscape.  I start netscape with the -component-bar option however, it
> never comes back in the place that I specify... Any ideas?

I'm not exactly sure how you specify where you want the component
bar.  If I issue

  netscape -component-bar -geometry +x+y

It always opens at +50+54, regardless of the actual values of
x and y.  The only explanation that comes to my mind is this:
netscape ignores the geometry hint you specify but uses its
own idea of the correct values instead.  Furthermore it sets
the 'user specified position' hint which forces fvwm to place
the window exactly where netscape wants it.  If this hint wasn't
set, fvwm would have placed the window like any other window.
This is very likely a netscape bug.  It's a known fact that
netscape does some unusual things with the 'user specified
position' hint.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].