Subject: FVWM: Re: FVWM module failed

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:31:21 -0400

"Nitin Malik" <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hi all,
> 
> I recently installed fvwm 2.2.4 and encountered the "module failed 
> Permission Denied" error when my InitFunction tried to load FvwmButtons, 
> etc.
> 
> I checked my ModulePath and the permissions on the directory and files, 
> everything looked OK... The executables for the various modules were in 
> separate directories under the fvwm2.2.4/modules dir. Later I found out that 
> these executables need to be in a common directory, so I manually moved them 
> to a common directory.
> 
> Now my question is, is there an option in the Makefile that will do this, 
> i.e., move the executables to a common directory I tried looking thru the 
> Makefile, but my inexperience proved too much for me!!
> 
> Someone kindly let me know if such a simple solution does exist.

Sounds like you never did "make install".

Just plain  make  might  leave  the modules  in  a  bunch of  separate
directories, but "make install" would install them in one place.

If you don't want to install in the default location, you can change
that at configure time.  For example:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/fvwm224
make
make install

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Nitin Malik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:24:47 EDT

Hi all,

Thanks,

nitin
________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com