Subject: FVWM: WindowList questions

From: [email-masked] (Arya Behzad)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 07:55:16 -0700

Hi,

I am new to the list and to fvwm..Great Window Manager!
I have looked around for the answer to the following questions but could not
find the answer anywhere.  So here are the questions:

1) Can the builtin function WindowList show the window list of windows in
the current page only? I know that there is no direct option for this but is
there any work arounds? Any plans to add such an option?
2) Is it possible for the  WindowList to show oinly windows associated with
a certain style only (so that I can make it show windows of a certain
application only, e.g. frame maker)?
3) Can I make the result of WindowList such that certain listings have a
different style (eg color) than others (so that for example all xterms can
show up with a blue background, framemaker stuff with green, etc.).

Thanks very much.

Arya

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 16:50:53 +0200

On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 07:55:16AM -0700, Arya Behzad wrote:
> I have looked around for the answer to the following questions but could
> not find the answer anywhere.  So here are the questions:
>  
> 1) Can the builtin function WindowList show the window list of windows
> in the current page only? I know that there is no direct option for this
> but is there any work arounds? Any plans to add such an option?

Try

  WindowList (CurrentPage)

> 2) Is it possible for the  WindowList to show oinly windows associated
> with a certain style only (so that I can make it show windows of a
> certain application only, e.g. frame maker)?

Yes:

  WindowList (my_window_name)

> different style (eg color) than others (so that for example all xterms
> can show up with a blue background, framemaker stuff with green, etc.).

Yes.  The MenuStyle command controls the look of the window list.
The WindowList menu uses the menustyle 'WindowList'.  This can be
changed between two invocations.

e.g.

  AddToFunc WindowListXterms
  + MenuStyle WindowList <whatever styles you like>
  + WindowList (xterm, currentpage)

  AddToFunc WindowListEmacs
  + MenuStyle WindowList <styles>
  + WindowList (emacs)

Start the WindowList by calling the appropriate function.

All this only works with the 2.3.x beta releases, though.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].