Subject: FVWM: manual placement

From: Don Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 16:23:18 -0400

I have a dual head machine which comes up as single area (2*1280x1024)
pixels large. Smart placement always puts the windows very far from
where I working. I would like smart placement to be able to drop the
window under, or within some distance of my mouse.

I used to be able to turn off smart placement and just click where I
wanted the window to fall. On 2.3.15 smart placement seems to be on no
matter whatever I do.

How do you turn smart placement off? I tried NoSmartPlacement,
DumbPlacement ...

thanks
don
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
|    Don Fisher				  [email-masked]  |
|    MMT Observatory			  VOICE: (520)621-7647	  |
|    University of Arizona    		  FAX:   (520)670-5740	  |           
|    Tucson, AZ  85721                				  |             
-------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:03:51 -0400 (EDT)

I think you're looking for

Style "*" ActivePlacement

Tom