Subject: FVWM: WHY NO ONE ANSWERS !!!!! HELP

From: Ali Faour <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:43:42 -0400

Hi Guys,

    For the 100 times I need help so please if you can do something help
me out with
my problem.

I tried to install fvwm on a SunOs  5.6 Generic_105181-17 sun4u sparc
SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine
(solaris 2.6) but when I ran "./configure" I got the following error:

   checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.

Even though I have both gcc and cc compilers. I wish someone can help me

out with
that.

Thanks

Please reply at [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 19 Apr 2000 10:17:31 -0400

%% Regarding FVWM: WHY NO ONE ANSWERS !!!!! HELP; you wrote:

  naf> For the 100 times I need help so please if you can do something
  naf> help me out with my problem.

Try asking next time, if you want answers.  This is the first message
from you according to the archives.

  naf>    checking for gcc... gcc
  naf> checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
  naf> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
  naf> cannot create executables.

  naf> Even though I have both gcc and cc compilers. I wish someone can
  naf> help me out with that.

That probably means your GCC compiler is installed incorrectly.  In any
case, it can't be used to build executables; have you ever managed to
get it to build any executables on this system, even a trivial "hello
world" program?

Look at the config.log file to see why it failed.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].