Subject: Re: FVWM: Restricting TaskBar to applications in current desktop?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 12:20:22 -0500

Hey Mike -- before rolling my FVWM back to the RedHat-5.2 version I
tested the *FvwmTaskBarDeskOnly command in RedHat-6.1, and it didn't
work.  So the absence might be more than just in the manpage, though
once the beta rolls out I guess that won't be an issue.

The version in Redhat-6.1 is fvwm2-2.2.2-3.  I'll have a shot at
reconfirming the absence of the functionality in that version when I
get home tonight.

Thanks again, everyone.

cheers,
Rohan.

>Curiouser and curiouser. Only the manpage entry ever disappeared. All
>the code appears (from a cursory examination) still to be present.
>
>>Is it coming back in the same way?
>
>It'd be pretty trivial to add the entry back to the manpage... Maybe
>I'll submit the patch, unless someone else gets to it first. Anyway,
>the option still exists in the current betas, so I'm guessing it's
>always been there.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 10:05:33 -0800

Previously from [email-masked]
>reconfirming the absence of the functionality in that version when I

Okay, I must've been smoking something this morning, because the
DeskOnly command *is* present in the manpage in the latest betas. And
groveling over the history, I see that it was added around 2.3.6, so
it wouldn't be found in 2.2.x. But it definitely is in 2.3.7+. Sorry
for the confusion.
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
A double negative is a no-no.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].