Subject: Re: FVWM: Restricting TaskBar to applications in current desktop?

From: [email-masked] (John Latham)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 12:17:57 GMT

> From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>

> Rohan Oberoi wrote:
> > 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > 1. Does anyone know if it's possible to order the TaskBar to only show
> >    applications in the current virtual desktop (ie. FvwmPager mode)?
>
> It is not possible with the 2.2.x (or inferior) version. But, it is
> possible with the devel version since 2.3.? (for fvwm-devel: NEWS does 
> not mention this! and I've not found any entries about this in the
> change log). So if you use your machine for fun try the latest devel
> version 2.3.15 (current status: feature freeze beta, need help for
> debugging!).
>
> Olivier

Curiously, it was possible with fvwm2-2.0.46-12.

       *FvwmTaskBarDeskOnly
              Tells FvwmTaskBar to show the windows that are only
              on  the  current  desktop.    When   desktops   are
              switched,  the list of windows changes accordingly.

Why did it disappear later? - I'm just curious.

Is it coming back in the same way?

John
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 09:00:49 -0800

Previously from John Latham
>Why did it disappear later? - I'm just curious.

Curiouser and curiouser. Only the manpage entry ever disappeared. All
the code appears (from a cursory examination) still to be present.

>Is it coming back in the same way?

It'd be pretty trivial to add the entry back to the manpage... Maybe
I'll submit the patch, unless someone else gets to it first. Anyway,
the option still exists in the current betas, so I'm guessing it's
always been there.
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"What was your username?" - BOFH
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].