Subject: FVWM: French keys with fvwm2

From: Carlton Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:27:23 -0500

I work in a french environment and at time I need to send correspondence
in french. Is there a way to switch from engish keys to french keys and 
visa versa with fvwm2. I know that it can be done with KDE window manager
but I don't particularly like KDE? 

Thanks for any help.

-Carlton
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Vivek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:45:45 +0000 (GMT)

> but I don't particularly like KDE? 

You could probably use xkeycaps [http://www.jwz.org/xkeycaps/] to generate 
your two different keymaps, and then have a little script to flip between
them.

-- 
When someone says "I want a programming language in which I need only
say what I wish done," give him a lollipop.

---

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:26:24 -0330 (NST)

Try the xkeycaps program.
I think you can use it to create an .xmodmap file to change the keysyms
(?).

http://www.jzw.org/xkeycaps/

Bye,

Neil

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 00:39:50 +0200

> but I don't particularly like KDE? 

You can take a look at FvwmKb module at freshmeat or sourceforge.
This module is not part of the official fvwm, because of C++. Supposedly
it will be added in fvwm 2.5 series.

Regards,
Mikhael.