Subject: FVWM: Focus when scrolling viewport

From: Christian R Molls <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:16:19 +0100

Hi,

I am using the following bindings to scroll the viewport:

# Alt-<CursorKey> scroll viewport
Key Left   A M Scroll  -100 0
Key Right  A M Scroll  100  0
Key Up     A M Scroll  0 -100
Key Down   A M Scroll  0  100

Let's assume that I have to desks, each with a xterm. xterm1 on desk
one has the focus. Now I do Meta-Right and change to desk 2. I can now
see xterm2, but it does not have focus, as the focus is still on
desk1, xterm1. 

How can I achieve that the focus does not stay with xterm1 but changes
to xterm2? Hope I made myself clear.

Regards,
Chris
-- 
christian molls
student of laws
univ of cologne
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:04:37 -0800

Previously from Christian R Molls
>to xterm2? Hope I made myself clear.

What you can do is create a function and call the function from your
keybindings:

AddToFunc ScrollWithFocus I Scroll $0 $1
+                         I Prev (CurrentDesk) Focus

Key Left   A M ScrollWithFocus -100 0
...

I just made up the function, so it may not be exactly right, but I
think you get the idea.
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"If you lend me some money, it'll be my treat."
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Christian R Molls <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:03:09 +0100

> +                         I Prev (CurrentDesk) Focus

Acutually I had to change (CurrentDesk) to (CurrentPage) in the second
line to make it work with desks that don't have windows on it, but now
it works nicely. Thanks Mike!

Chris

---

From: Nathan Froyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:15:34 -0500

> Key Left   A M ScrollWithFocus -100 0

Does this work for the following case (this is one of the big annoyances I
have with fvwm2):

Say you have multiple desktops (I assume this works with multiply-paged
desktops, too, although I don't have this configuration). Try the following.
Put the mouse pointer into a window (SloppyFocus, possibly
FocusFollowsMouse) and stickyfy it. Then switch desktops. What happens for
me is that no window has the focus and none of my keybindings work!

I would love to know if that's what I have to do to fix it or if this is a
real bona fide bug in fvwm2 that nobody's ever had problems with...
-- 
</nathan><sig>[email-masked]  |  http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~froydnj/

...you could spend *all day* customizing the title bar. Believe me. I speak
from experience. --Matt Welsh                                           </sig>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].