Subject: FVWM: Keybindings dissapearing in fvwm2 I'm having a problem with key bindings dissapearing in fvwm2: when

From: Alex Borghgraef <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:02:41 +0100 (MET)

my system is running for some time with a few apps that are more
complex than xterms (emacs, netscape, acrobat...), the keybindings
defined in .fvwm2rc stop working. All of them, so it's not just
bindings overlapping with application keybindings. I also can't
pinpoint when exactly it happens, I can't say "I did this and they
dissapeared", sometimes I can work for a long time with many apps
open, sometimes it happens very early. Restarting fvwm2 doesn't help,
shutting down apps doesn't help either, only logging out and back in
does fix the problem. The system I'm on uses Solaris 2.6. and fvwm2
release 2.0.45. 

--
Alex Borghgraef

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:11:11 -0500

> does fix the problem. The system I'm on uses Solaris 2.6. and fvwm2

Can I suggest using something more current.
2.0.45 is way old.

Have you checked the status of your numlock led?

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Alex Borghgraef <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:35:51 +0100 (MET)

> Can I suggest using something more current.

 Not my decision: I'll have to harass the sysadmin for that :-)

> Have you checked the status of your numlock led?

 Man, that's embarassing: indeed, if numlock's on, the bindings
disappear, if it's off they're back again. I still think it has 
happened without my touching numlock, maybe an app automatically
switched it, or maybe I did it without remembering... Can I avoid
this problem in any other way then to keep numlock switched off
at all times?

--
Alex

---

From: Vivek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:46:28 +0000 (GMT)

> this problem in any other way then to keep numlock switched off

You can add identical keybindings for both states of Numlock on/off, then
it won't matter. 

-- 
You go insane if you go without sleep for too long.
And not in a good way, either.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:50:11 -0500

>  Not my decision: I'll have to harass the sysadmin for that :-)

Providing you have space, anyone can install fvwm.
(Root access is not required.)

> this problem in any other way then to keep numlock switched off

Join a long line of "keybindings disappearing" questioners, but at
least you gave it a unique spellin. :)

The latest versions of fvwm go as far as providing an "ignoremodiers"
command.  Visit our web page and check out the FAQ for a comprehensive
treatment of the subject.

---

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:07:38 -0800

check the numlock...

  I have all the keybindigs defined twice - with and without numlock.

	erik