Subject: FVWM: Expanding the desktop

From: "Dan Brennan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 18:12:37 -0500

How can I configure fvwm to allow a desktop larger than the visible area?
For example, I want a 4096x4096 desktop (my visible resolution is
1280x1024), where I can pan or scroll to reach all parts of the desktop.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan Brennan
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 15:44:34 -0800

that's outside of scope of fvwm (AFAIK).

  you can reconfigure the X server (at least some of them) to have
virtual screen larger then your physical screen, for Xfree86 change the
XF86Config, look for the Screen definitions at the end (check the docs
for exact syntax, there is something about virtual resolution, I don't
have docs handy)

  you can achieve something similar with fvwm by setting EdgeScroll and
EdgeResistance in fvwm configuration file.

	erik