Subject: FVWM: Background image for FVWM

From: Hop Le <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 10:24:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm kind of new to FVWM w-manager.  I've just setup FVWM2 for my Sun 
Solaris machine and I'm wondering if there is a way to display an image
(gif, jpg, etc.) as a desktop background. Is it possible to do that?

Thank you in advance,

Hop 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 13:35:27 -0500

> (gif, jpg, etc.) as a desktop background. Is it possible to do that?

Yes, its possible.  Unless you are using FvwmBacker, this is not really
an fvwm issue.

You can put an image on your background with "xv" "xloadimage", "xli",
and probably lots of other programs.

If you have 8 bit color, be sure to limit the number of colors used.

You probably want to put the command to set the background in
$HOME/.xinitrc.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].