Subject: FVWM: focus and moving

From: Julian Bradfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:21:24 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> Bob Woodside <[email-masked]> writes:
>> The thing that infuriates me is that whenever I click in the icon
>> manager to raise a window, the icon manager window itself raises as
>> well.

>GlobalOpts ClickToFocusDoesntRaise

Groan. Thanks!  I obviously missed the option in the man page.

OK, so now another question.

A much more infuriating thing is the way fvwm moves me around on the
desktop as focus passes from one window to the next, if windows happen 
to be off-page.

How do I tell fvwm that Focus means Focus, it doesn't mean I want to
see the window?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 08:34:03 -0500

> How do I tell fvwm that Focus means Focus, it doesn't mean I want to

I'm not sure when this option snuck in but it the latest betas you can:

  Focus NoWarp

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].