Subject: FVWM: xv and NoTitle

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 23:24:12 -0330 (NST)

Hello,

I can't get the NoTitle style option to work with xv.

I am trying to get xv to place a window with no decoration at a
particular geometry on my screen but I cannot get rid of that title.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Neil

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason White <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 21:03:40 CST

>particular geometry on my screen but I cannot get rid of that title.

  Style "xv" NoTitle

This worked for me with version 2.2.2.  What have you tried so far?

-Jason

--
          Jason D. White              http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jdwhite
        [email-masked]              'finger' for other information
       Systems Administrator          (PGP pub key, Anon FTP, US Mail Addr)
Center for Nondestructive Evaluation    Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Nathan Froyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 21:58:29 -0500

> particular geometry on my screen but I cannot get rid of that title.

Try using FvwmIdent to find out the `Class' or `Resource' of the window in
question and use that for the argument to the Style command.
-- 
</nathan><sig>[email-masked]  |  http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~froydnj/

...you could spend *all day* customizing the title bar. Believe me. I speak
from experience. --Matt Welsh                                           </sig>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:51:34 -0330 (NST)

I see what was going wrong. Xv attaches a string to the resource name
specified with -name.

Thanks,

Neil