Subject: FVWM: Icon b/g colour?

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 16:29:01 +0000

Which of the multitude of fore/back/hi/etc/Color settings sets the
background colour of icons' labels when active/inactive?

  In fiddling around I inadvertantly made the b/g different for when the
icon's the [in]active window, but now I've got my config. back to normal &
I *want* to change this, nothing I try works!

-- 
=====================- http://www.racaldefence.com/ -===================
  Neil Bird                      |
                                 |            This .signature is
    mailto:[email-masked]  |          certified Y2K compliant
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:04:53 +0100

> I *want* to change this, nothing I try works!

Icon labels use the same colours as the window title.  In the next
release (i.e. after 2.4) I'll probably make it possible to have
different colours.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
The adjuration to be "normal" seems shockingly repellent to me; I see neither
hope nor comfort in sinking to that low level.  I think it is ignorance that
makes people think of abnormality only with horror and allows them to remain
undismayed at the proximity of "normal" to average and mediocre.  For surely
anyone who achieves anything is, essentially, abnormal.
                -- Dr. Karl Menninger, "The Human Mind", 1930

---

From: Andreas Scherbaum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:53:26 +0100

> background colour of icons' labels when active/inactive?

And how can i change the color for inactive buttons on the titelbar?
I have set a white font on a black background for all inactive windows.
Now fvwm is drawing every vector button with black on black
and also the little position window, if i'm moving or resizing a window.
Can i change this behavior?

Regards

-- 

                                  ads
                                  Andreas Scherbaum

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:06:17 +0000

> Can i change this behavior?

  I think I know this one!

  You'll need to either duplicate the titlebar defs. in your
[AddTo]ButtonStyle command [by doing a ButtonStyle with the title-bar
sutff ,*then* an AddToButtonStyle with your actual button decor. This'll
draw the button is]n two passes: one with the title-bar decs., one with
the button decs. You can AddTo as many times as you want; each will add a
layer of drawing to the button.

  Simpler, and probably what you want, is to bung the UseTitleStyle flag
on the button. If you want all your buttons to inherit title-bar styles,
just do:

ButtonStyle All  -- UseTitleStyle

  ... before doing other ButtonStyles. I put 'Raised' in there too.

  Note that this *doesn't* draw the title-bar under the button first, then
draw the button; rather, it draws the button first /in the same way/ as it
draws the title-bar.

  I'd prefer the former, since the way it is when you have tiled pixmaps,
the buttons restart the tiling, so it doesn't match up with the
title-bar's tiling, but there you go ...