Subject: FVWM: Re: [Fwd: Interesting Bug report on Sun Java Site]

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 09:09:29 +0000

Dan Espen wrote:
> Using the fvwm window manager, in JDK 1.1.6
> and 1.2Beta3 it appears that the border dimensions
> are ignored when determining window locations.
> As a result, placing a frame at 0,0 places the
> window contained by the frame at 0,0 and leaves
> the title border above the screen and inaccessable.

  I've suffered this for a while with the GUI builder I've used (I'm
trying to find the archived mailings that mention it).

  In my case, it boiled down to: the windows are *created* correctly -
(0,0) puts the *border* at (0,0) - but if they're moved (my GUI builder
creates all windows at a default location, then MoveResizes them to the
correct location [which for reasons too complex to go into can't be
determined until the window's been created].

  A MoveResize to (0,0) actually locates the *window* to 0,0, putting the
border off-screen. [Sparc/Solaris 2.5.1 fvwm2.3.13]

  I think there was some question as to what was actually the correct
functionality, although ISTR Dominik (he's off on hols. at the mo. isn't
he?) mentioning some window-placement chanhge he did that might cause it
that he was planning on taking back out.

  Nope, I've utterly failed to find the discussion I had about it,
probably late last year. It must've hung off the end of another thread,
instead of being a thread of it's own. Thus, I can't find whether a
'solution' was arrived at.

-- 
=====================- http://www.racaldefence.com/ -===================
  Neil Bird                      |
                                 |            This .signature is
    mailto:[email-masked]  |          certified Y2K compliant
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 09:17:25 +0000

>   Nope, I've utterly failed to find the discussion I had about it,

  Check out "Window Position Change?" thread of Jan 2000 in the archives.
I sent a small demo. C prog. that illustrates the 'problem'.

  The thread died without a resolution.