Subject: FVWM: Can I make Desktops always foreground?

From: "Liu, Jifeng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:52:17 -0500 (EST)

I have an xclock, an xbiff and the Desktops on the Xwindow, when I open
netscape or other large windows, they are shaded by these foreground
windows, and it takes trouble to have them appear foreground. Can I make
them always foreground?
another question, can I make minimized icons of, say, netscape, appear
always foreground?
Thanks,
Jifeng,

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:08:21 -0500

> another question, can I make minimized icons of, say, netscape, appear

In the fvwm 2.2.x series check the man page for "staysontop".
In the latest betas, look up "layers".

You can always raise/lower  things around on your own.   I have a  Sun
keyboard with a "front" key.  If I need to see the clock, its a single
keystroke away.  (You can use any key you like.)

A while ago, I hacked up SSxbiff to toggle the scroll  lock led on the
keyboard.  (Use "xset".)  Since then  actually seeing SSxbiff became a
non-issue.  (I  don't have to even   unlock the display.)  Too  bad it
doesn't work with Exceed.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].