Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons problems - Solution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 13:18:10 -0800

I found the problem with my FvwmButtons configuration. Since the last
beta I had installed, the parser has gotten more strict, and now refuses
to allow spaces between ( and ) and any other characters. I don't know
if this is intentional or a bug but I think if it's intentional it
should be better documented.

To clarify this will work.

*FvwmButtons(Title Help, Icon xman.xpm, Action 'Exec xman &')

while this will not (but formerly did)

*FvwmButtons( Title Help, Icon xman.xpm, Action 'Exec xman &' )

-- 
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.
            GAT d- -p+(--) c++++ l++ u++ t- m--- W--- !v
                 b+++ e* s-/+ n-(?) h++ f+g+ w+++ y*

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:18:10 +0100

> *FvwmButtons( Title Help, Icon xman.xpm, Action 'Exec xman &' )

Damn, you're right.  spaces before the closing ')' break the complete
line.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].