Subject: FVWM: stupid compile problem

From: "Olivier F. Beauchemin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 13:27:35 -0500 (EST)

So, admittedly, this is a stupid problem...

Why is this happening:

checking whether setvbuf arguments are reversed... configure: error: can
not run test program while cross compiling

Trying to complie version:
fvwm-2.2.4

I have tried changing the various instances of setvbuf= yes;, to setvbuf=
no;.  This method worked with earlier versions of Fvwm where I saw this
problem, but it's not happening here...

Thanks.
Olivier

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Feb 2000 14:09:33 -0500

%% "Olivier F. Beauchemin" <[email-masked]> writes:

  ofb> Why is this happening:

  ofb> checking whether setvbuf arguments are reversed... configure: error: can
  ofb> not run test program while cross compiling

Your compiler is not installed correctly, or something.  Configure
thinks you're cross-compiling, which you're not: that means that it
couldn't get your compiler to work.

If you look back up through configure you'll see it decide you're
cross-compiling.

  ofb> Trying to complie version:
  ofb> fvwm-2.2.4

OK, but you didn't specify your OS.

It's probably your C++ compiler that it's having problems with; try
re-running configure with --without-cxx (remove the config.cache file
first).

Please read the INSTALL.fvwm file; it talks about these kinds of
problems.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].