Subject: FVWM: IconMan trouble

From: Matthew Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:35:33 -0800

Hi-

I've read the man page til I can't see anymore.  :)  I am trying to set
the colors of the buttons in the Icon Mnager module.  Not when I
mouse-over it, but when it's on its own.  I can't get the buttons to drop
the white background.  My foreground/background settings only seem to work
when I mouse-over it.  Is there a config tag I'm missing?  thanks!

-matt

-- 
========================================================================
Matthew Wood                                            [email-masked]
Somekinda System Administrator                             Equinix, Inc.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:53:37 +0100

> when I mouse-over it.  Is there a config tag I'm missing?  thanks!

  *FvwmIconMan*PlainButton <up|down|flat> <fore> <back>

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Matthew Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 21:42:49 -0800

>   *FvwmIconMan*PlainButton <up|down|flat> <fore> <back>

yes I had tried these but I think I may have found an actual bug in the
2.3.10 FvwmIconMan module!  Here are the symptoms:  when you fire up the
x server and then the IconMan module, try mousing-over it.  On my display,
when invoked greater than 8 bit, your mouse will start to 'smear' trails
on the X root.  Also, as I said in my last post, the colors in the IconMan
text buttons are screwed up and either totally black, or bleached out.

Once we took a 2.3.6 compile of the IconMan and popped it in the module
directory, our 16-bit X sessions look great, with proper coloring in the
IconMan list and no smearing.

anyone else see this?

This was on Solaris 2.7, fvwm 2.3.10, using the VNC X server, Win VNC
client.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 12:23:54 +0100

On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 09:42:49PM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> on the X root.

This may hint to a bug in the module, but it is *definitely* a bug
in your X server.

> Also, as I said in my last post, the colors in the IconMan

I have committed a fix for a FvwmIconMan colour problem a few
minutes ago.  This might solve your problem.

Bye

Dominik ^_^