Subject: FVWM: AutoFocus?

From: Chris Petersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 20:33:47 -0500

I've looked high and low and can't find any way to do the following
(tho' I know there HAS to be a way to do it using fvwm2)...

Even though I use SloppyFocus/FocusFollowsMouse, I want to be able to
specify that certain windows, when they appear, HAVE IMMEDIATE FOCUS...
ie, w/o having to move the mouse into them.

Something like:

   Style "foo" AutoFocus [delay]

where delay might be a timeout for focus to return to where the mouse/
cursor is at the time that the window "foo" appeared.

This would be extremely useful for those of us who have become
accustomed to keyboard equivalents and shortcuts.

Sometimes I have "foo" windows come up that need nothing other than for
me to press enter...but, I have to go move the cursor within the window
that just appeared.

Thanks for your help (kudos go to those that actually know the answer to
this :^).

-chris

------------------------------------------------------------------------
C. Maverick Petersen                         http://www.spies.com/bungee
Bungee Enthusiast                 ._o           [email-masked]
                                 / //\.             [email-masked]
PowerPC Embedded Processors     ' \>> |                 [email-masked]
IBM Microelectronics               \\ '      o_.
Dept. RYMA, Bldg. 060                      ./\\ \
3039 Cornwallis Road                       | <</ `
Research Triangle Park, NC  27709          ` //
919-486-2235 (Tie: 8-526-2235)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "shawn a." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 23:11:45 -0700

> (tho' I know there HAS to be a way to do it using fvwm2)...
the man page tells how to do this. at least the 2.3.14 one.

> ie, w/o having to move the mouse into them.
try:

Style "The Window" GrabFocus

HTH,
sa