Subject: FVWM: compiling fvwm

From: Andre de Boer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 17:44:32 +0000

Hello,

When compiling fvwm i get the the following  message (below):
Can someone telling me what i do wrong?

Thanks from a newbie,
Andre de Boer

[root@node1056c fvwm-2.3.14]# make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/andre/fvwm-2.3.14'
Making all in libs
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/andre/fvwm-2.3.14/libs'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I..      -g -O2 -c Graphics.c
In file included from Graphics.c:20:
../libs/fvwmlib.h:21: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
../libs/fvwmlib.h:22: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
../libs/fvwmlib.h:23: X11/Xresource.h: No such file or directory
../libs/fvwmlib.h:24: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../libs/fvwmlib.h:91,
                 from Graphics.c:20:
../libs/ClientMsg.h:29: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
../libs/ClientMsg.h:30: X11/Xatom.h: No such file or directory
../libs/ClientMsg.h:31: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../libs/fvwmlib.h:92,
                 from Graphics.c:20:
../libs/Grab.h:20: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
Graphics.c:23: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [Graphics.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/andre/fvwm-2.3.14/libs'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/andre/fvwm-2.3.14'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 12:00:58 -0500

> ../libs/fvwmlib.h:21: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
                       ^

It looks like it doesn't know where the X libraries are.
What happened when you ran "configure"?

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 09:52:40 -0800

Previously from Andre de Boer
>Can someone telling me what i do wrong?

Please also report the OS version you're compiling on.
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"And, just like it should in all stories about philosophers, it ended
up in complete chaos." - Richard P. Feynman
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].