Subject: FVWM: Maximise-toggle icons

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:05:42 +0000

Readers may recall that I'd had problems following the man. page in
getting different pixmaps for my Max button dependant upon the window's
maximised state. Well, the following works OK (it's a little odd [goes
solid white upon the click instead of white wityh pixmap on top] if done
as part of a partial reset, but a full reset/restart makes it work fully):

AddToDecor DefaultDecor  ButtonStyle 2  - MWMDecorMax
AddToDecor DefaultDecor  AddButtonStyle 2  \
         Inactive           (Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-on.xpm)  \
         ToggledInactive    (Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-off.xpm) \
         ActiveUp           (Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-on.xpm)  \
         ActiveDown         (Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-on.xpm)  \
         ToggledActiveUp    (Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-off.xpm) \
         ToggledActiveDown  (Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-off.xpm)

  Except (you could see that coming, couldn't you!) it only works when the
button is used to do the maximise:

Mouse 0 2       A       Maximise-Func

  If I use <Ctrl-Open> to do an 80% maximise (similar to click-drag on the
button), the window changes state, but the button stays the same:

PointerKey L7         WTSFI  C       Down-Maximise 0 -10  # <Open>

  Using fvwm2.3.13ish:

AddToFunc do_Down-Maximise  \
   "I" Maximise $0 $1
+  "I" WindowId $w (maximized)  Move w0 -0

AddToFunc Down-Maximise  \
   "I" Pick Function do_Down-Maximise $0 $1

AddToFunc Maximise-Func  \
   "M" Down-Maximise 0 80
+  "C" Down-Maximise 0 100
+  "D" Down-Maximise 100 100

  Any thoughts?

-- 
=====================- http://www.racaldefence.com/ -===================
  Neil Bird                      |
                                 |            This .signature is
    mailto:[email-masked]  |          certified Y2K compliant
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].