Subject: FVWM: name, class, and resource for Style option

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:18:39 -0330 (NST)

Hello,

I would like to know how to identify the name, class, and resource
attached to an application so that I may use them correctly with
the Fvwm Style option in the configuration file.

It seems to me that sometimes these are listed in man pages but unfortunately
not all applications come with man pages and info files or other 
documentation.
There must be a better way to find out the name, class, and resource. 

What are these for Netscape for instance?

Thanks,

Neil Zanella
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Feb 2000 15:54:16 -0500

%% Neil Zanella <[email-masked]> writes:

  nz> I would like to know how to identify the name, class, and resource
  nz> attached to an application so that I may use them correctly with
  nz> the Fvwm Style option in the configuration file.

The FvwmIdent module was created for exactly this purpose (among
others).

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:00:11 -0500

> What are these for Netscape for instance?

FvwmIdent

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].