Subject: FVWM: compiling fvwm

From: Andre de Boer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 11:33:45 +0000

Hello,

Sorry Dan for mailing you private, i pressed the reply button without
checking the adress i was answering to.
But your right: "checking for X" goes wrong.

Do someone has a suggestion?
Thanks,
Andre de Boer

checking for POSIXized ISC... no
checking for minix/config.h... (cached) no
checking for X... (cached) no
checking for XpmReadFileToXpmImage in -lXpm... no
checking for rplay_create in -lrplay... no
checking for stroke_init in -lstroke... no
...

checking for GTK - version >= 1.1.0... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
checking for imlib-config... (cached) no
checking for IMLIB - version >= 1.8.0... no
*** The imlib-config script installed by IMLIB could not be found
*** If IMLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the IMLIBCONF environment variable to the
*** full path to imlib-config.
creating ./config.status

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Feb 2000 08:00:44 -0500

%% Andre de Boer <[email-masked]> writes:

  adb> But your right: "checking for X" goes wrong.

  adb> Do someone has a suggestion?

  adb> checking for X... (cached) no

First, remove the file "config.cache" to punt the cached result.

Then, re-run configure exactly as you did before.

Then, send us (a) the configure command line, (b) the version of FVWM,
(c) the type of system you're using, and (d) go through the file
"config.log" and find the place where it starts looking for X and
fails.  Cut that whole section and include it (or, maybe looking at it
will let you solve it yourself, but if not feel free to send it along).

Note that if it can't figure out X maybe you don't have the headers
installed.  Particularly on Linux distros often every package of
libraries is split into a "normal" package and "dev" package, where, the
dev package has all the headers and static libraries.  To build FVWM (or
any other X app) you need the dev package installed.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].