Subject: FVWM: fvwm.themes.org

From: charlie schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 21:52:13 -0500 (EST)

-
not knowing much of fvwm, how many of you want fvwm.themes.org
and, how many of those would be willing to help me and
a few others set it up over the next few weeks.
please reply to [email-masked], thanks.

-
charlie schmidt         [email-masked]
http://as.themes.org	http://afterstep.davidv.net
"You are not your f***ing kahkis" - Tyler Durdan

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Riswick, J.G.A.v." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 19:51:01 +0100

>  I think the most useful would be to organize the config file(s) into
>some canonical structure, so that all themes would have similar
>structure. that way you could get just the keybindings or decoration or
>some other part of theme...

>  I guess that's the role of having the fvwm.themes.org, to have some
>kinda of framework. monolithic fvwmrc is fairly flexible, but it makes
>it hard to exchange themes if everybody has competely different
>structure of the file(s).

Ofcoursely, to use a good generic theme format would be better than just
a bunch of everyone's fvwmrc files. But unfortunately a good theme format
doesn't exist yet. The guys at fvwm-themes.dhs.org are developing one, 
but I think it's only a pre alpha version. So I guess, casting all themes
in this format would be premature, as the format is likely to change.

So maybe one would have to wait some more until the format reaches a 
final state. Or for now, make a preliminary site, with people's setup 
files..

Jos.