Subject: FVWM: disabling 'O' pointer when clicking border

From: Xander van Wiggen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 18:28:25 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Is there a way to disable the mouse pointer turning to 'O' when clicking
the border? I.e. another way than hacking the sources?

I would like fvwm2 to behave *exactly* like mwm, that's why ;)

Regards,
Xander van Wiggen

ps. at themes.org i get a 404 on fvwm...

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 13:34:22 -0500

> I would like fvwm2 to behave *exactly* like mwm, that's why ;)

Always tell us what version you are using.

We have to know  which button you are clicking  with and  what command
you have bound to it.  For example, heres mouse  button 1 on the frame
with any modifier set to run function Resize-or-Raise:

Mouse 1		F	A	Function "Resize-or-Raise"

and Resize-or-Raise does a "Raise" on a single click:

AddToFunc "Resize-or-Raise" "M" Resize
+              "M" Raise
+              "C" Raise
+              "D" RaiseLower

Some  fvwm commands can  result in the  pointer changing which you can
find in the man page under "Cursor".

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Philippe STAS <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 21:11:30 +0100

I'm using RedHat 6 and fvwm2.2.4.

I've defined my focus policy like this:

GlobalOpts ClickToFocusRaises
Style "*" ClickToFocus

This works fine for a while after fvwm2 starts (a few minutes up to an
hour...). But suddenly it's gone and i've to click the titlebar (or my
FvwmWinList) to regain focus. Restart fvwm2 won't help. Exit to shell
and relaunch fvwm2 does.

Appart from GlobalOpts, i've noticed that Style "*" ClickToFocus only
disables the default MouseFocus behaviour. To get actually focus when
using Style "*" ClickToFocus, you also need an explicit Focus function
in your mouse bindings.

Am i wrong?...

Thnx

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:30:17 +0100

> FvwmWinList) to regain focus. Restart fvwm2 won't help. Exit to shell

Virtually all "suddenly clicking somewhere doesn't work anymore"
are caused by some modifier key bein pressed (e.g. num-lock or
scroll-lock).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].