Subject: FVWM: [Toggled]ActiveUp/Down button styles

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:13:54 +0000

OK, having re-read the manual page, and scanned through border.c, I
finally think I understand how these states should work, and I think they
should do what I want. However, they don't (!).

  What I *want* is for my maximise button to have a standard tiled pixmap,
with another pixmap on top, this top pixmap to change dependant upon the
maximised status of the window. Gottit?

  Here's what I use:

AddToDecor StandardDecor  ButtonStyle All  -- UseTitleStyle Raised
...
AddToDecor StandardDecor  AddButtonStyle 2  - MWMDecorMax  \
         ActiveUp           (  \
            Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-on.xpm)  \
         ActiveDown         (  \
            Solid White)
         ToggledActiveUp    (  \
            Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-off.xpm)  \
         ToggledActiveDown  (  \
            Solid White)

  AFAIUI, this should:

 - set the MWM flag stating that it's a maximise button (which I think it
does)

 - set solid white for the button-depressed state whether toggled max. or
not (it only does this for !max - when maximised, holding clicker-1 down
doesn't make it go white)

 - set the "on" pixmap whem !max, and set the "off" when max. (I actually
get the default MWM 'square' vector, not my pixmap. Mind you, it *does*
toggle correctly when max/!max).

  What I've missed out is the generic non-active pixmap. If I add that as
a default, I lose the default square & only have *it*, not the ones I've
specified (which, as I've said, seem to not work anyway).

  Thinking about it now, though: "ToggledActiveUp" ... surely that implies
it'll only display diff. toggled statuses when the window's active!?

  I'm suspecting at this point that it *isn't* working right, but I'd like
some confirmation: is anyone else actually *using* this style??

-- 
=====================- http://www.racaldefence.com/ -===================
  Neil Bird                      |
                                 |            This .signature is
    mailto:[email-masked]  |          certified Y2K compliant
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:33:07 +0100

> maximised status of the window. Gottit?

It will work perfectly if you remove the syntax errors.  Looking
at the console output when trying such commands might help too ;-)

> AddToDecor StandardDecor  AddButtonStyle 2  - MWMDecorMax  \
                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

'-' options belong at the end of the AddButtonStyle command

>             Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-on.xpm)  \
                          ^^^

The backslash is missing.

>             Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-off.xpm)  \

The right command is:

  AddButtonStyle 2 ActiveUp          (Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-on.xpm) \
                   ActiveDown        (Solid White) \
                   ToggledActiveUp   (Pixmap FNX-window-maximise-off.xpm) \
                   ToggledActiveDown (Solid White) \
                 - MWMDecorMax

Bye

Dominik ^_^

> some confirmation: is anyone else actually *using* this style?

:-) My recommendation: don't use it.  All this ...Style stuff will be
rewritten for 3.0 anyway :-)

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 08:43:30 +0000

> at the console output when trying such commands might help too ;-)

  D'Oh!  I noticed that about half an hour after I posted :)  (my console
xterm's normally hidden behind my xticker, & I forgot to check it)

  Still not working quite right, but I'm a lot closer than I was! The
other thing I was missing was a ToggledInactive stae setting. 

  For ref., if I get it working perfectly, I'll post it for any interested
parties.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:46:34 +0100

> other thing I was missing was a ToggledInactive stae setting. 

?

What's wrong with the built in 'ToggledInactive' state?

Bye

Dominik ^_^