Subject: FVWM: FvwmIconMan: icon sorting

From: chris walton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 15:30:14 -0500

I would really like to see a new option added to "*FvwmIconMan*sort".
It would be nice to have the icons sorted using the windows' horizontal
and/or vertical distances from the top left corner of the virtual
desktop.
The window centers could be used for the calculation (as is done with
the
builtin Direction command).

I often have about 10 xterms open and I never know which button
corresponds
to which window.   

The sorting should not be affected the state of the window (iconized or
non-iconized).
The icons would have to be redrawn every time a window is moved but I
would hope this wouldn't be too difficult.
-- 
Chris Walton                         ((            ))  _______ ((
mailto:[email-masked]                            | [] |  ))
http://stega.yi.org        _______   _______   _______  |    |  ||
Toronto,Ontario,Canada    / 00    | | 10100 | | 10010 | | ** ---++-|
                         10_______|-|_______|-|_______|-|__________|\
              0  1 0  1 0  ()   ()   ()   ()   ()   ()   ()()   ()()\\
---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+--
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 19:04:29 +0100

> would hope this wouldn't be too difficult.

Can you please enter this enhancement request into our bug tracking
system so it doesn't get lost?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].