Subject: FVWM: UseStyle problem

From: chris walton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 17:34:54 -0500

Fvwm2 will terminate if I issue the following command several times
from FvwmTalk or FvwmConsole:

	Style ttt UseStyle xterm

The first time the command is run there is no problem.
Sometimes I can enter it a couple of times but usually on the third or
forth attempt fvwm2 just dies.

This is repeatable with both 2.3.11 and 2.3.12 under linux.

In order to rule out something funny with my .fvwm2rc file I replaced it
with a
one line file as follows:
 #########################################
 # .fvwm2rc
 Style xterm             ForeColor black
 #########################################
I launched FvwmConsole from the default mouse menu and issued
the same command (Style ttt UseStyle xterm).
After about 4 tries, fvwm2 hung again.

This may seem like a minor problem but I run into the same issue with
more complex styles and decors.

-chris
-- 
Chris Walton                         ((            ))  _______ ((
mailto:[email-masked]                            | [] |  ))
http://stega.yi.org        _______   _______   _______  |    |  ||
Toronto,Ontario,Canada    / 00    | | 10100 | | 10010 | | ** ---++-|
                         10_______|-|_______|-|_______|-|__________|\
              0  1 0  1 0  ()   ()   ()   ()   ()   ()   ()()   ()()\\
---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+--
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:50:12 +0100

> one line file as follows:

Fixed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].