Subject: FVWM: FvwmGoodStuff, FvwmButtons. . .

From: Norvell Spearman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:56:41 -0600

Which is preferred?  FvwmGoodStuff or FvwmButtons.  I tried looking for
whether one replaced the other, but didn't see anything in the man
pages.

I tried getting FvwmGoodStuff to launch and then swallow an FvwmPager by
following the example in the man page, but I had no success with it.

Thanks for any help with this. . .

---Norvell Spearman
---------------------------
``Trouble is my business.''
          ---Philip Marlowe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Jan 2000 16:05:39 -0500

%% Norvell Spearman <[email-masked]> writes:

  ns> Which is preferred?  FvwmGoodStuff or FvwmButtons.  I tried looking for
  ns> whether one replaced the other, but didn't see anything in the man
  ns> pages.

It depends on what version of FVWM you're using.  FvwmGoodStuff is
obsolete as of FVWM 2.2 and better.

Older versions didn't have FvwmButtons (FvwmGoodStuff was renamed and
significantly enhanced).

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 22:17:30 +0100

> whether one replaced the other, but didn't see anything in the man

FvwmGoodStuff is still maintained as far as I know, but it's
not in the fvwm distribution.  If you want to make sure that
your button bar always runs with current fvwm releases you
should use FvwmButtons.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Jan 2000 22:23:19 -0500

%% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

  >> whether one replaced the other, but didn't see anything in the man

  dv> FvwmGoodStuff is still maintained as far as I know, but it's
  dv> not in the fvwm distribution.

Really?  Who maintains it?

Do you mean tkgoodstuff?

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 12:21:25 +0100

> Really?  Who maintains it?

Yup.

Bye

Dominik ^_^