Subject: FVWM: Idea for transients

From: Pete Forman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:39:39 +0000 (GMT)

There was a bit of discussion last year about dialogs, mainly whilst
using Netscape.  The proposed solutions concentrated on getting focus
to the transient window.  One such way would involve warping the
pointer.

How about adding options for the placement of transients?  The
Netscape problem could be addressed with an option to place a
transient wherever the pointer is.  Other options could place a
transient inside or alongside its WM_TRANSIENT_FOR window.

ICCCM discourages user interaction when placing transient windows.  It
does not disallow automatic schemes.
-- 
Pete Forman
Western Geophysical
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].