Subject: FVWM: Mouse

From: Aydin Okutanoglu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:51:16 +0200 (EET)

Is it possible to emulate the mouse click?
That is, I want to have the effect of a mouse click 
when i press a specific button,
any body have any idea?
thanks for help.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:23:40 +0100

> when i press a specific button,

?

If you want a mouse click when you press a mouse button
you don't need to emulate it.  Or do you want to emulate
mouse buttons with the keyboard?  In this case, there is
a section in our FAQ:

------------------------------- snip ------------------------------
3.5  You can bind mouse movements to keystrokes, how about mouse
     presses?

A: Although fvwm has commands for binding movements to keystrokes,
   controlling the pointer with the keyboard should really be handled by
   the X server. The following is an excerpt of the X FAQ on this topic:

      If you have the X Keyboard (XKB) Extension, you can enable mouse keys,
      which makes it possible to generate mouse motion and button events
      using the keyboard.   Events generated by MouseKeys are completely
      transparent -- they will work with any application that connects to a
      server that has the X Keyboard Extension, regardless of whether the
      application itself uses XKB.

      XKB is enabled by default in X11R6.1.

      First, set up the Num Lock key so that Shift+Num_Lock toggles mouse keys:

       xmodmap -e "keysym Num_Lock = Num_Lock Pointer_EnableKeys"

      (XFree86 3.1.2E is based on R6.1 and has the X Keyboard Extension;
      it also has a binding to Pointer_EnableKeys in its default keymap.
      You use Alt+Shift+Num_Lock to toggle MouseKeys on and off.  If you
      are using an earlier release of X or XFree86, you won't have XKB and
      the instructions will not work. See http://www.XFree86.org/FAQ for
      more information.)

      You might also have to turn off server num lock for this to work.
      Now press "Shift+Num_Lock" to enable MouseKeys.  When MouseKeys are on:

      o)   The keypad arrow keys move the pointer
      o)   The keypad '5' key behaves like the 'default' pointer button
      o)   The keypad '0' key locks the default pointer button (for easy
           dragging)
      o)   The keypad '.' key unlock the default pointer button (to release
           a drag)
      o)   The keypad '+' key double-clicks the default pointer button.
      o)   The keypad '/' key sets the 'default' button to Button1
      o)   The keypad '*' key sets the default button to Button2
      o)   The keypad '-' key sets the default button to Button3

      This is the default configuration, but the mechanism allows for nearly
      infinite configurability.

      [thanks to Erik Fortune ([email-masked]), 6/96]
------------------------------- snip ------------------------------

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].