Subject: FVWM: Debugger for fvwm

From: "Leo deck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 08:53:39 -0800

I'm running fvwm on a Sun Solaris system.  What is a good debugger for debugging potential problems with fvwm?

Thanks.

Leo Deck

[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 12:13:07 -0500

> ing potential problems with fvwm?

Whats a "potential problem"?

If you have a core file:

  If you compiled with gcc, use gdb.

  If you compiled with Sun's compiler, use dbx.

If you suspect memory corruption or leaking, use Purify (if you have it).

If you are getting incorrect behavior, find the area of fvwm you suspect.
See if there is any debugging code you can enable thru recompile.
Consider adding debugging statements or stepping thru execution with dbx
or gdb.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].