Subject: FVWM: Re: your mail

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:55:28 -0330 (NST)

Hello,

Lately I've been having the following error message in
my ~/.xsession-errors file:

[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't find pixmap )

Any ideas as to what in my script could be causing this?
All the pixmaps I reference seem to pop up fine.

Thanks,

Neil
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:46:25 -0500

> [FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't find pixmap )

Thats produced by the menu logic and the pixmap name is ")".

Look for a menu definition line with a ")" that is out of place.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:24:10 -0330 (NST)

The diagnostic messages would be much more helpful if a line number
was shown for I cannot find the misplaced ). I guess I'll just have
to look harder.

Thanks,

Neil

---

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:32:26 -0330 (NST)

OK, I found the bug. I have a menu entry that looks like this:

+                           "blah (*)" Exec /usr/local/bin/blah

I actually want the (*) to appear literally on my menu with the
rest of the string. How do I do this?

Thanks,

Neil

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:28:27 -0500

> rest of the string. How do I do this?

Bet you know by now "man fvwm2":

          If the menu-label contains a sub-string  which  is  set
          off  by  stars,  then  the  text  between  the stars is
          expected to be the name of an xpm-icon  or  bitmap-file
          to  insert  in  the menu.  To get a literal '*', insert
          '**'.For example

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 01:11:07 +0100

> rest of the string. How do I do this?

  + "blah (**)" Exec /usr/local/bin/blah
          ^^^^

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].