Subject: FVWM: Flat buttons on raised title

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:38:06 +0000

I've been using raised titles & buttons, giving 3D borders on the
titlebar and each button.

  What I'd like to do is have a raised titlebar with flat buttons, but
when I set this up what I get is a raised title-bar only as far as the
buttons, then it goes flat. (i.e., I only get the hi/lo-light lines on the
title bar where there's not button.

  Am I missing something, or can't it be done?

  ----

TitleStyle TiledPixmap textures/bg_blu8.xpm -- Flat
ButtonStyle All (TiledPixmap textures/bg_blu8.xpm  -- UseTitleStyle Flat

-- 
=====================- http://www.racaldefence.com/ -===================
  Neil Bird                      |
                                 |            This .signature is
    mailto:[email-masked]  |          certified Y2K compliant
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:39:27 +0000

>   Am I missing something, or can't it be done?
It can't be done.  The titlebar doesn't go under the buttons, it stops
where they start.  A hacky way to get the look would be to remove the
relief pixels between the raised titlebar and raised buttons (a bit like
HiddenHandles for BorderStyle). I don't know what you would call this
either.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:05:04 +0000

> HiddenHandles for BorderStyle). I don't know what you would call this

  I suspected as much; it also shows up when one tries to have a pixmap
tile on the titlebar. Buttons will inherit this property as a background,
but restart the tiling each time, making most XPMs look most dodgy.
Ideally, ButtonStyle UseTitleStyle would cause the titlebar to draw its
background (3D/pixmap/etc.) across the button area, so that tiled pixmaps
are only tiled 'once'.

  Then, though, you have the problem of coping with title text placement,
and possibly mixtures of buttons that do usetitletyle and those that don't
(although you could insist that all such buttons would supply their own
b/g which would overwrite the title stuff underneath them, which I think
is always the case anyway).

---

From: JOHN MARTINSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:20:23 -0700

This e-mail was errantly delivered to my mailbox:

--
ïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïï
John S. Martinson
President & Chief Imagination Officer
China Mist Tea Company
7435 E Tierra Buena Ln
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

W: 480.998.8807
F: 480.596.0811

[email-masked]
ïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïï

---

From: JOHN MARTINSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:22:40 -0700

This e-mail was wrongly delivered to my mailbox:

W: 480.998.8807
F: 480.596.0811

---

From: JOHN MARTINSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 10:15:52 -0700

W: 480.998.8807
F: 480.596.0811