Subject: FVWM: FvwmIconMan Wish..

From: "Riswick, J.G.A.v." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 20:13:22 +0100

Hi!

I'm working on a gimp script for translating blackbox
themes to fvwm2. The script reads a blackbox setup file
and produces an fvwm2rc file with some images. For a first 
result look at this fvwm2.3.10 screen shot:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvanr/results.jpg

One thing I'd like to improve in this, is the toolbar on 
the bottom of the screen. This is an FvwmButtons panel with
a blackbox-like background pixmap. The problem is, that 
if I swallow FvwmIconMan in the buttons panel (in the center
of the bar), the pixmap gets occluded. So.. what would be 
needed is a *FvwmIconman*1*transparent option. Another thing
is the top and bottom padding of the icon manager. The minimum
padding at the top and bottom is 3 pixels I think, which is 
too large for mimicking some blackbox themes. So, if there 
are any blackbox fans among the FvwmIconMan programmers..

regards and happy new year,

Jos.

[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 07:10:39 +0100

On Sat, Jan 01, 2000 at 08:13:22PM +0100, Riswick, J.G.A.v. wrote:
> needed is a *FvwmIconman*1*transparent option.

Should be possible to code with colour sets.  Actually Tim and
I have already planned to implement this in FvwmTheme somehow,
but we've not yet reached a conclusion how this can be done
best.  At the moment the transparency effect can be achieved
only for HGradient and VGradient backgrounds, e.g.

  *FvwmThemeColorset 6 fg CFORE, bg CBACK, VGradient 100 dtcolour5 CMENU
  *FvwmThemeColorset 2 fg CFORE, bg CFOCUS

  *FvwmButtonsRows     5
  *FvwmButtonsColumns  68
  *FvwmButtonsColorset 6
  *FvwmButtons(14x5, Swallow FvwmIconMan 'Module FvwmIconMan')

  *FvwmIconMan*Colorset 6
  *FvwmIconMan*FocusColorset 2
  *FvwmIconMan*FocusAndSelectColorset 2
  *FvwmIconMan*PlainColorset 6
  *FvwmIconMan*SelectColorset 6
  *FvwmIconMan*TitleColorset 6

(The C... and dtcolour... macros are colour names from a
configurable palette I use).

> Another thing is the top and bottom padding of the icon
> manager. The minimum padding at the top and bottom is 3
> pixels I think, which is too large for mimicking some
> blackbox themes.

What padding?  FvwmIconMan has no padding I know about.
FvwmButtons does, however.  It can be adapted with the
*FvwmButtonsPadding options:

  *FvwmButtonsPadding  1 1

Or it can be set for individual buttons:

  *FvwmButtons(padding 1 1, Swallow FvwmIconMan ...)

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].