Subject: FVWM: design vector buttons using xfig

From: Jos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 11:41:29 +0100

Hi

I just fixed some bugs in my script for designing vector buttons
using xfig. It works better now. Go see

http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvanr/eps2vector.pl

regards,

Jos.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 23:40:03 -0500 (EST)

Jos,

I just tried your script for making vector buttons, 'cause I would like to
make a "round" vector button (certainly nontrivial to do by hand since it
is quite subjective to discretization).  Any way, the perl script resulted
in negative numbers like this.

ButtonStyle 6 Simple -- UseTitleStyle
AddButtonStyle 6 2 50x50@0 -140x-20@0 
AddButtonStyle 6 4 50x50@1 -139x-20@1 -140x-20@1 -140x-20@1 

Ah... The beauty and complexity of Postscript.  Circles are so simple in
that language.

Any ideas?  Want the .fig file to play with?

Tom

---

From: Jos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 10:40:46 +0100

> Any ideas?  Want the .fig file to play with?

Mmmm circles... Well, the script I made was just a quick hack, that only
parses polygons.  This covers the functionality of vector buttons, as they
also consist only of straigt lines. 

To make a cirlce, you'd have to just mimic it using a polygon. What you could do,
is just draw a green circle to act as a guide, and then draw your actual polygon
in black or red on top of this circle. (all colors but blue red and black are ignored
by the script)

Another possibility might be to use the button on the bottom left of the xfig 
window 'convert polygons splines etc...',  maybe this also converts a circle to 
a polygon? I don't know how this works. Please let me know if you find a way.

An idea (maybe slightly overdone, though) would be to use a 2d-mesh generator.
But, mmm maybe I'll include that in a next version of the script. 

regardz

jos.