Subject: FVWM: window colors

From: Michael Feld <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:41:17 -0500

Hi there..

I'm new to the list.  I have successfully built and installed fvwm on an 
Ultra 10 workstation, but for some reason, no matter what changes I make to 
my fvwm2rc, I can't get the window background color to change to anything 
but white, and the text to anything but black.  I have plenty of colors 
left, i.e., i have no trouble running netscape with full colors, etc, and 
my windows do have a bit of color, i.e., the title bar does show up in 
color.  Any ideas why this might be?  Thanks.

-Michael

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Vivek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:53:26 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Michael Feld wrote:

[snip]
> my windows do have a bit of color, i.e., the title bar does show up in 
[snip]

Um... If you're asking what I _think_ you're asking, those colours aren't
controlled by fvwm: xterm foreground/background is controlled by X
resources [xrdb -query to see what they are currently set to], and command
line options to xterm [for example]. Sorry if I've misunderstood...

-- 
To err is human, To moo bovine.

---

From: Andrey A Mirtchovski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:57:11 -0600 (CST)

As it was replied before, the settings for your xterm colours should be
put in $HOME/.Xdefaults...

here is an example of something I use (in .Xdefaults):

xterm*background: 	black
xterm*foreground: 	grey70
xterm*font: 		lucidasanstypewriter-12 	!set fonts
xterm*boldfont: 	lucidasanstypewriter-bold-12
xterm*geometry: 	80x40				!set size (chars)
!for rxvt:
rxvt*background: 	Darkslategrey
rxvt*foreground: 	Wheat

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Michael Feld wrote:

> [snip rest]