Subject: FVWM: help?

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 13:10:22 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Warning I'm about to plead for some help... I've got a Dell installed
RedHat 6.1 system at work with gcc 2.95 installed (which has had some
problems) and I'm having some trouble building fvwm2.2.4.

The configure tests report 
...
checking for limits.h... no
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for getopt.h... yes
checking for sys/select.h... yes
checking for sys/systeminfo.h... no
...

among other things.

On executing make all I get 
...

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../libs  -I/usr/X11R6/include    -g -O2
-c windows.c
In file included from
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-linux/2.95.2/include/limits.h:117,
                 from
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-linux/2.95.2/include/syslimits.h:7,
                 from
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-linux/2.95.2/include/limits.h:11,
                 from windows.c:18:
/usr/include/limits.h:117: No include path in which to find limits.h
make[2]: *** [windows.o] Error 1
...

Can someone tell me where configure searches for limits.h?  That is, what
if limits.h is missing, then from where because I can find limits.h on the
system.

Thanks much,

Tom

Ps.   rpm -V `rpm -qa | grep c++`  reports all is a-okay.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 11:58:41 -0800

Previously from "Thomas A. Gardiner"
>checking for limits.h... no

That's bad. What happened to your limits.h? Should live in
/usr/include/limits.h. Somehow the file must have gotten blown away,
since other basic /usr/include stuff seems to be getting properly
found. I'm not sure if you want to get it from, but my RH6.0 box
(vanilla, with security patches) reports the file coming from
glibc-devel.
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
A double negative is a no-no.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].