Subject: regarding fvwm and freshmeat...

From: "Joshua S. Freeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 11:00:35 -0500

Greetings and salutations:

My name is Joshua and I work at andover.net, the company that owns 
freshmeat.net.  My role here is basically that of community relations and 
although I'm not too well known among the developer community (because I'm not 
a developer myself), I have been advocating the use of, and actually using 
open source software in my role as project manager at various companies over 
the last 5+ years.

Basically, I'm writing to say 'hello', and to ask you a couple of questions...

We're thinking of adding some features onto freshmeat such as hi-bandwidth ftp 
and, say, CVS mirroring... If you don't mind, I'd really appreciate it if 
you'd take a few minutes and think about what kinds of things might interest 
you as a developer... In other words, what might andover/freshmeat do to make 
your life as a developer easier?  What can we do to help get more people 
contributing to your project, knowing about it, using it?....

I look forward to hearing from you, and if there's anything the 
andover/freshemat folks can do for you, just let me know!

Thanks for your time!

best wishes,

J.

------------------------------------------------------------
Joshua S. Freeman - Dir. of Open Source Community Relations
    http://www.andover.net | [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 12:38:24 -0500

> andover/freshemat folks can do for you, just let me know!

I searched Freshmeat.net for fvwm information and found this:

urls
                                   
 Download:
  ftp://ftp.fvwm.org/pub/fvwm/version-2/fvwm-2.2.2.tar.gz (573 hits)
Alternate Download:
  ftp://ftp.hpc.uh.edu/pub/fvwm/fvwm-2.2.2.tar.gz (97 hits)
Homepage:
  http://www.fvwm.org/ (2158 hits)
Changelog:
  ftp://ftp.fvwm.org/pub/fvwm/devel/sources/NEWS (273 hits)
Appindex Record:
  http://freshmeat.net/appindex/1998/12/04/912820069.html

Here are some updates:

Our latest non-beta is 2.2.4.  (Same location, different file name.)

Your alternate download site is the same site as the main site.
Our alternate sites are mentioned in our FAQ.  Here's one:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/X11/window-managers/

A better reference to our "Changelog" (NEWS) would be:

http://www.fvwm.org/generated/NEWS.html

Under "Appindex" I  see  the  current  development version listed   as
2.3.4, right now we are at  2.3.11 (2.3.10 is  the lastest beta).  (It
is  a  beta  and  not recommended for   use.)   We'd prefer  to direct
developers to our anonymous CVS.

It looks  like your announcements are  coming  in from various people.
Did you   subscribe to the fvwm lists,   or would  you like  copies of
announcments?

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 04:55:30 +0200

> I searched Freshmeat.net for fvwm information and found this:

[skipped]

> Did you   subscribe to the fvwm lists,   or would  you like  copies of

Dan, you (and anyone else) can create freshmeat account and change info
or announce any application (it is moderated).

I have updated an FVWM info (still not fully applied as of now) and
will announce 2.2.4 and 2.3.10 tomorrow if there are no objections.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 10:47:41 +0100

> will announce 2.2.4 and 2.3.10 tomorrow if there are no objections.

Perhaps we shouldn't announce 2.3.10.  Its way too unstable.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 06:51:56 -0500

> Perhaps we shouldn't announce 2.3.10.  Its way too unstable.

Agreed.  2.3.10 in particular.
We haven't had a 2.3.x beta that I'd recommend.
Lately our CVS or snapshots is the only way to go.

I'd like to see the reference to 2.3.4 changed to point to the
CVS.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:58:21 -0500

> will announce 2.2.4 and 2.3.10 tomorrow if there are no objections.

Mikhael,

  I assume you made the updates, but I don't remember seeing any
notice that the updates were made on the workers list.

  So, to save everyone else having to look, the fvwm information
at Freshmeat is now current.