Subject: fvwm nonpreemptive? Easy fix?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 20:15:25 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Benson
Version: 2.2
CVS_Date: 
OS: HPUX 10.2
X_Server: X11R6/HPUX
Submission from: (NULL) (199.45.150.169)

I think this is more of a Netscape bug, but maybe there's a fix in fvwm.

I'm using netscape 4.08:

When I start netscape4.08, the window comes up.  I have my first page
pointing to a company internal webpage that has a password on it.  However
it's a little slow to come up (maybe 1 second).  So I press the Bookmarks
button on Netscape to goto a new page.  However, then the webpage password
prompts come.  When this comes, I lose focus of everything and I can't
switch
windows or anything.  The machine is completely operational, all other
windows
continue to work properly, however, no focus and no mouse clicks, so I
can't
do anything.  Can this be fixed in the windowmanager, though it seems to
be
a netscape bug?  Telnetting into the machine and killing netscape allows
fvwm2 to work properly again.

I hope this isn't a duplicate...  I'm currently downloading 2.2.4 to see
if
it fixes the problem.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]