Subject: Re: FvwmCommandS dumps core

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 13:28:05 +0100

On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 02:46:46PM -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
> %% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>   >> But, dmalloc and co. can also find a very large class of heap
>   >> problems and with a little extra debugging it's usually quite
>   >> sufficient.
> 
>   dv> How do I set up dmalloc?
> 
> I've modified configure.in so you can add "--enable-dmalloc" to the
> configure command line to enable it.  It just looks in the standard
> places for dmalloc.h and libdmalloc.a for now--maybe we should enhance
> that.
> 
> You can get more info including the manual online if you don't have or
> don't like the texinfo version that comes with dmalloc at its homesite:
> 
>   http://www.dmalloc.com/
> 
> In general you build your program linking with the dmalloc library and
>...

Paul (PDS), I've tried to compile with dmalloc, but I get a syntax
error in FvwmEvent.c when rplay.h is included.  Can you figure out
where the problem is?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 03 Dec 1999 10:43:13 -0500

dv> Paul (PDS), I've tried to compile with dmalloc, but I get a syntax
  dv> error in FvwmEvent.c when rplay.h is included.  Can you figure out
  dv> where the problem is?

Hmm, I tried compiling fvwm with dmalloc but I don't configure rplay so
I didn't see this.

Most likely there's a definition of a standard *alloc() or similar
function in rplay.h that's conflicting with the dmalloc.h file.  I'll
have to download rplay to check it out.

One thing that would work, very likely, is to move the #include of rplay.h
so that it's _before_ the <libs/fvwmlib.h> include.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]