Subject: Re: still sometimes a wrong page on Style commands

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 08:04:28 +0100

On Thu, Dec 30, 1999 at 02:54:05AM +0200, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> Just want to let you know that I experienced several times that some
> windows or icons change their page (usually to (0, 0)) during random Style
> commands (and sometimes on Recapture or Restart too). The coordinates
> inside a page are preserved.

Please pay close attention to the exact circumstances when this happens.
My guess is that only icons are screwed up during a recapture or
restart.  I'm positive that the new window placement code is bullet
proof (regarding restart and recapture).  I have seen a window shading
or unshading (can't remember which) to page (0, 0) too.  There is
possibly a place where update_absolute_geometry() is not called when
a window is moved over a page boundary. 

> Unfortunately I can't yet find a reliable way to reproduce it.
> 
> Another one. Minimize a window, execute some Style command (not all work,
> but 'Style * FirmBorder' works for me), you will see again the iconifying
> animation (for all icons).

Hm, yes.  That's because the window is iconified again to apply
the style updates.  Can I disable animation somehow from within
fvwm (not sending the iconify packet is no option).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 10:14:27 +0100

> a window is moved over a page boundary. 

'k, I#ve fixed a few bugs there, but I don't believe they cover
everything.

Bye

Dominik ^_^