Subject: BusyCursor hangs FvwmScript Colorset

From: [email-masked] (Tim Phipps)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:02:16 GMT

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname output: SunOS tazmo 5.6 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4
Compiler: gcc
Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2
prefix: /home/tim
sysconfdir: /home/tim/etc
libexecdir: /home/tim/libexec

FVWM Version: 2.3.12
FVWM_CONFIGDIR: unset
FVWM_MODULEDIR: /home/tim/libexec/fvwm/2.3.12
FVWM_USERHOME: unset

Description:
	Something has changed that causes the FvwmScript Colorset to hang
	when Auto-Apply is selected.

Repeat-By:
	FvwmTheme without the *FvwmThemeReadWriteColors option, run FvwmScript
	on the Colorset script, select Auto Apply, pick a colorset, pick the
	background change radio button and try to move one of the sliders.
	
	After a few pixels of movement FvwmScript hangs until you let go of
	the mouse.  At this point the movement catches up. What is interesting
	that the cursor changes to the "Cursorstyle Wait" cursor.  I have
	set "BusyCursor * False" so this shouldn't happen.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 01:16:11 +0100

> 	set "BusyCursor * False" so this shouldn't happen.

I don't know if this is related, but there are a few places where the
BUSY cursor is set uncondifionally, e.g. when updating styles (update.c)
or in strokeFunct() (builtins.c).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 21:11:09 +0100

> BUSY cursor is set uncondifionally, e.g. when updating styles (update.c)

The busy cursor patch was made before the dynamic style stuff. It will be
configurable for Style in a few days ...

> or in strokeFunct() (builtins.c).

I think it is conditionnal here, the busy cursor appear only if you
run the stroke function with the FeedBack option.

Olivier