Subject: Pager problems

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 08:32:29 -0500

Hi -- 

	I'm finally back from the badlands of Glibc conversion, and trying to
catch up on what's changed.

	The Pager seems to be hopelessly confused these days.

	First, there's a problem that I believe is the same as reported in
PR#512. A Button-1 click on a different desktop in the Pager moves you
to the appropriate page,but always on Desk 0. I've found that if you
Button-3 click (move without snapping to a page boundary), you do get
moved to the correct desk. After that, the Button-1 click behaves
normally, switching both desk and page - until you return to Desk 0.
Then it reverts to the buggy behavior again.

	Secondly, the Pager seems - randomly - to miss the DeskTopScale
command, and to appear at whatever its default size is. I like a small
pager tucked neatly in the lower right-hand corner of my desktop, so I
specify

*FvwmPagerDeskTopScale 40

but I routinely get a much larger Pager. I tried several Restarts, and
it would appear large a couple of times, then suddenly decide to assume
the correct dimensions, then large, then small, and so on. Once it even
appeared ultra-tiny, almost as though it had applied the scaling factor
twice.

	I'm not sure how the Restart logic is affecting this, but from my
limited experiments it always appears large when I do a cold start.

Cheers,
Bob
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 14:38:54 +0100

> Then it reverts to the buggy behavior again.

Are you absolutely sure we're talking about the latest CVS version?
I'm sure that I fixed that bug about ten days ago.

> limited experiments it always appears large when I do a cold start.

Tim wrote a bug report for this a while ago.  I don't remember the
details, though.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]