Subject: deiconify and hide

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:46:36 -0500

I'm guessing the new deiconify behavior is great for some users, but
the way I use fvwm, every time I deiconify a window and it disappears
below some other window, it just looks like the wrong way to go.

I'm guessing its  because I never work with  stacks.   The windows are
either side  by side, or  on top  of each  other with the  "Front" key
being used to toggle their appearance.

Shouldn't this new behavior require a config file change to activate?

Something like "Iconify Raise" being the default, and getting the
new behavior with something like "Iconify NoRaise"?

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:57:57 +0100

> new behavior with something like "Iconify NoRaise"?

I wasn't aware that this patch slipped into CVS.  I didn't intend
this (i.e. will be removed in a minute).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]