Subject: Gnome with FVWM2

From: Matt Rossmiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 13:36:14 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

I have hacked Gnome support into fvwm2, it still needs some cleanup, but
I was wondering if there's any desire to add this to the distribution.
(it's got #ifdef's around all the new code (of course) and 
      a command line switch to disable/enable the gnome extensions)

The specific things I have implemented are:
Gnome Layers (these are annoying btw)
Forwarding Unmapped mouse events to Gnome
Gnome State (I've only done sticky and windowshade at present)
Gnome Workspace and Area changing and reporting

thanx,
-Matt

---------------------------
Matthew D. Rossmiller
Celox Communications
Member of Technical Staff
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 14:56:01 -0500

> Gnome Workspace and Area changing and reporting

Did you compare this to the Gnome support in the current CVS?
We are always interested in improvements.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 04 Nov 1999 15:02:00 -0500

GNOME support has been in FVWM2 since sometime in May, I think.

Get one of the betas, or the latest CVS snapshot, or use anon-CVS to get
the actual cvs code.

Go to http://www.fvwm.org/ and look in the "Downloads" section for how
to get any or all of these items.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 04 Nov 1999 15:03:48 -0500

BTW, I should say, if your implementation adds any features to what we
have now or makes anything better, please forward them to us!

Send a unified or context diff from the latest CVS sources (preferably)
or as close as you can get to them, to the fvwm-workers list.

Thanks!