Subject: RE: Cursor interaction w/ xterm on FreeBSD?

From: "Aboulenein, Nagi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:24:37 -0800

Dominik,

I've downloaded and compiled the 11/23 snapshot, and I'm still seeing the
cursor corruption happening on xterm windows.

Thanks!

Nagi

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominik Vogt [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 1999 07:36
To: Nagi M. Aboulenein; fvwm-workers
Subject: Re: Cursor interaction w/ xterm on FreeBSD?

On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 10:25:48AM -0800, Nagi M. Aboulenein wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> I've been using fvwm-2.3.8 for a few weeks now, and I've noticed a what
> seems to be an intermittent bug. The cursor shape which should be used
> inside the xterm window may get corrupted and you wind up with whatever
> the most recent cursor was before focus switched to the xterm window.
> For example, if the mouse was above the left border, you wind up with
> that cursor shape inside the window. If the mouse was above one of the
> menu buttons in the title bar, and then moves into the window, you wind
> up with the "hand" cursor inside the xterm window. I haven't seen this
> problem on anything other than xterms.
> 
> I haven't found mention of this in the BUGS document, so I assume it
> isn't a known problem?

No, it's not.  Some people have reported strange things with cursors
and decorations.  Can you please fetch a current source snapshot and
see if this problem persits (don't use 2.3.9, it  will *not* do).  I
made several changes that might affect the problem in the last few
weeks.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:29:20 +0100

> cursor corruption happening on xterm windows.

Can you send me your fvwm config file along with your complete
xterm configuration (e.g. from .Xdefaults/.Xresources) please?

Bye

Dominik ^_^