Subject: CVS hippo: Removed 1p gap between title buttons and default menu position

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:37:38 -0600 (CST)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	hippo	99/11/22 09:37:38

Modified files:
	fvwm           : menus.c 

Log message:
Removed 1p gap between title buttons and default menu position

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 02:12:34 +0200

> Removed 1p gap between title buttons and default menu position

But without this gap, with normal raised title/buttons, and bright title
and menu colors, you get white with white hilitings, or gray with gray
shadowings (for bottom titles).

My title menus are much nicer with this gap for most windows. :)

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:05:32 +0000

> shadowings (for bottom titles).
Well at least it matches all the other GUI's that I can think of 8-)

> My title menus are much nicer with this gap for most windows. :)

You can put an arbitrary gap back by using 'Menu <whatever> this 0
100+5p'.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 21:37:08 +0200

> Well at least it matches all the other GUI's that I can think of 8-)

Can you please think of Eterm? 8-) It has a one point gap (of dark
background or image) not to have white with white menu hilitings.

> You can put an arbitrary gap back by using 'Menu <whatever> this 0

As you yourself noted no current settings are possible to justify both
titles at top and at bottom. Probably a new option can be added, which
takes into account a title placement. For example:
  Menu <name> this_for_top 0 100+5p

This means that 100+5p is valid for top titles/buttons; for bottom ones
it will become -100m-5p; and, well, you can guess, for left/right titles
it will swap coordinates too. :-)

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:38:07 +0000

> background or image) not to have white with white menu hilitings.
OK you convinced me. Now the question is what sort of option should it
be: GlobalOpt, MenuStyle or Style?

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 14:58:58 +0200

> be: GlobalOpt, MenuStyle or Style?

Instead of an option I prefer to have a new ThisForTop menu position hint,
which is valid for title and title button menus, with auto translation of
the position for non-top titles. I can implement it. A default could be a
0 point gap (or 1 point for compatibility?).

Regards,
Mikhael.