Subject: CVS domivogt: * Menus can be posted similar to Netscape menus.

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 23:30:14 -0600 (CST)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	domivogt	99/11/03 23:30:14

Modified files:
	.              : ChangeLog 
	fvwm           : menus.c menus.h style.c 

Log message:
* Menus can be posted similar to Netscape menus.
* Fixed vertical MaxWindowSize.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 04 Nov 1999 09:41:31 -0500

%% CVS <[email-masked]> writes:

  c> * Menus can be posted similar to Netscape menus.

Ooh, really?  Is this the feature I was whining about a few months ago?
Excellent!  I thought it was decided that was too hard?

I'll check it out.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 04 Nov 1999 11:03:44 -0500

%% I wrote:

  pds> Ooh, really?  Is this the feature I was whining about a few months ago?
  pds> Excellent!  I thought it was decided that was too hard?

  pds> I'll check it out.

It works a treat!  You're da man!

Thx Dominik.

---

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 16:14:48 +0000

> Excellent!  I thought it was decided that was too hard?

  Well, *I'm* lost. What's this do? "Menus can be posted"??

-- 
=====================- http://www.racaldefence.com/ -===================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |
 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 57 days remaining
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 04 Nov 1999 11:44:03 -0500

>> Excellent!  I thought it was decided that was too hard?

  nb>   Well, *I'm* lost. What's this do? "Menus can be posted"??

If you have a popup with a submenu, and you click on the item that pops
the submenu, it will stay posted even if you move the mouse around off
the menu item.  This is how Motif (and Windows, etc.)  menus work, as
well as most other menus I'm familiar with.

It's very handy if you have deeper menus, as it allows you to drift the
mouse off the item without losing it completely.