Subject: FvwmTaskBarGeometry

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 20:17:18 -0500

Hi,

I don't understand what this is:

  *FvwmTaskBarGeometry {+-}<X>x{+-}<Y>

it looks like an example would be:

+0x-0

If this is just the location part of a geometry, shouldn't it be:

+0-0

Is the "x" just a typo?

Since  this isn't  a normal geometry   specification perhaps it should
have another name.

--
Dan Espen
[email-masked]                        Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:01:28 +0100

> If this is just the location part of a geometry, shouldn't it be:

Yes it is just a typo. When the taskbar parse the configline it reads
*FvwmTaskBarGeometry as an X geometry and use it as it is  one but
your are true only the position part is taken in account.

> Since  this isn't  a normal geometry   specification perhaps it should

Agree with you, Location or Position will be more intuitive. But, I think
that we have to be backward compatible with "Geometry", so I am not sure
that we have to do the change ... ? 

Olivier

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 07:58:27 -0500

> that we have to do the change ... ? 

Since it was a typo, and since, without the "x" it is a valid Geometry
specification, you've convinced me that calling it a Geometry is fine.

I have to make some adjustments, so don't worry about fixing that in
the documentation.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]