Subject: Re: FWD: Here is the error mail I get when sending mails to fvwm.org

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Nov 1999 10:37:19 -0600

>>>>> "PDS" == Paul D Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

PDS> Hi Jason; someone sent me this about issues he has posting to the
PDS> fvwm-workers list.  Maybe his site is blocked?

There is no useful information in the message you forwarded; none of the
information there is being generated by any of my machines.  I see no
incoming connections from arrakis.es or lansraad.net in my mail logs.

 - J<
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Alex Wallis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 05:59:25 +1030

> incoming connections from arrakis.es or lansraad.net in my mail logs.
He's not sending mail from a root account is he?
I had this on another list where the list server refused any mail originating
from root@*

awol

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Nov 1999 13:43:57 -0600

>>>>> "AW" == Alex Wallis <[email-masked]> writes:

AW> He's not sending mail from a root account is he? I had this on another
AW> list where the list server refused any mail originating from root@*

This list server toes not reject mail coming from root.  It does reject
mail that:

1) has a syntactically incorrect envelope sender,
2) has an envelope sender containing a hostname that does not resolve,
3) comes directly from a dynamic IP address listed on the DUL,
or
4) comes directly from an address listed on the RBL or RSS.

see http://www.mail-abuse.org for the last three TLAs.  I checked over the
recent rejections and didn't see any that looked like they hit the person
reporting this issue.  I'm inclined to believe that my server had no chance
to reject their mail because it never made it this far.

 - J<