Subject: HandleModuleInput ERROR command is too big

From: Giuseppe Della Ricca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:19:09 +0100 (MET)

Hi !

I'm using 2.3.10 on Linux RH 6.1 2.2.12-20 and Digital OSF1 V4.0 878
alpha, with basically the same .fvwm2rc (only the paths to pixmaps and
executables are different). Everything is fine on Linux, while on Alpha
fvwm2 hangs when I start one of the modules. The typical messages 
(obtained after killing fvwm2) are:

WinList:

[FVWM][HandleModuleInput]: <<ERROR>> Module(0) command is too big
(536863056), limit is 1000
[FVWM][HandleModuleInput]: <<ERROR>> Fail to read command (Module: 0,
read: 165, size: 1000)

Banner:

[FVWM][HandleModuleInput]: <<ERROR>> Module(0) command is too big
(536863056), limit is 1000
[FVWM][HandleModuleInput]: <<ERROR>> Fail to read command (Module: 0,
read: 0, size: 1000)

Pager:

[FVWM][HandleModuleInput]: <<ERROR>> Module 0, Size Problem: cont is zero

Can this be related to the 64-bit stuff on Alpha ? Is anybody testing
fvwm2 on this platform ? The same .fvwm2rc works fine with 2.2.3.

I've tried with both gcc (egcs-2.91.60) and with cc (DEC C V5.6-071).
Same problem.

Any idea ?

Giuseppe.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]