Subject: Resize opaque on shaded windows doesn't work well

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 09:42:12 GMT

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname output: SunOS tazmo 5.6 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4
Compiler: gcc
Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2
prefix: /home/tim
sysconfdir: /home/tim/etc
libexecdir: /home/tim/libexec

FVWM Version: 2.3.10
FVWM_CONFIGDIR: unset
FVWM_MODULEDIR: /home/tim/libexec/fvwm/2.3.10
FVWM_USERHOME: unset

Description:
	Doing an opaque resize on a shaded window does odd things: the
	frame is unshaded but the client remains shaded. After the resize
	the window state is shaded but the frame remains too large.
	Unshading correcte the cleint area but the bottom resize handles
	are placed in the wrong locations (they are input only so you
	can't see them but if you use a different cursor you can tell they
	aren't in the right place).

Repeat-By:
	Style * ResizeOpaque. WindowShade. Resize

Fix:
	Forcing an unshade (not animated) would work. Could even do a reshade
	afterwards.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 13:16:42 +0100

> 	Forcing an unshade (not animated) would work. Could even do a reshade

I think it's better to simply resize with a wire frame in this case.
I have already applied a fix.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]