Subject: core dump on fvwm-menu-desktop.1

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 08:35:57 -0500

has any else noticed that man (at least on solaris) dumps core on
fvwm-menu-desktop.1.  My roff isn't what it used to be but nothing bogus
jumps out at me it.  If just do nroff -man fvwm-menu-desktop.1 the last
line before core is :

If you think that  fvwm-menu-desktop  slows  too  much  your
startup  do  not  use  PipeRead  and mSegmentation fault (core dumped)

----
and nothing in the text appears to be wrong there.

Brad

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:07:08 -0500

> and nothing in the text appears to be wrong there.

Solaris's nroff is not 8 bit clean.  This is the line causing
the problem.

  + I AddToMenu "kde\-all" "Kde Système%mini/mini\-k.xpm%" Popup kde\-sys
                                    ^

It didn't pop out at me, so I eventually found it by deleting half the
file then 1/4, etc.

I notice there are a few other things in the man page that need adjustment
so I'll commit the fix after I review the whole page.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:22:04 +0100

>   + I AddToMenu "kde\-all" "Kde Système%mini/mini\-k.xpm%" Popup kde\-sys

Ooops ... My Fault, I did a cut-and-past from my .fvwm2rc and forgot
to replace this character.

> so I'll commit the fix after I review the whole page.

My fault again ...

Olivier