Subject: Cursor interaction w/ xterm on FreeBSD?

From: "Nagi M. Aboulenein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 10:25:48 -0800

Hi all,

I've been using fvwm-2.3.8 for a few weeks now, and I've noticed a what
seems to be an intermittent bug. The cursor shape which should be used
inside the xterm window may get corrupted and you wind up with whatever
the most recent cursor was before focus switched to the xterm window.
For example, if the mouse was above the left border, you wind up with
that cursor shape inside the window. If the mouse was above one of the
menu buttons in the title bar, and then moves into the window, you wind
up with the "hand" cursor inside the xterm window. I haven't seen this
problem on anything other than xterms.

I haven't found mention of this in the BUGS document, so I assume it
isn't a known problem?

BTW, thanks for a great window manager!

--
Nagi Aboulenein, Intel Corporation
Email: [email-masked]
Disclaimer: I speak only for myself, not for Intel.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:36:20 +0100

> I haven't found mention of this in the BUGS document, so I assume it

No, it's not.  Some people have reported strange things with cursors
and decorations.  Can you please fetch a current source snapshot and
see if this problem persits (don't use 2.3.9, it  will *not* do).  I
made several changes that might affect the problem in the last few
weeks.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]