Subject: FvwmBanner and pages

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 18:39:42 -0800

Hi, I was wondering if there was any interest in a patch to FvwmBanner
to allow commands in the format:

*FvwmBannerPage desk pagex pagey action

essentially, making FvwmBanner Page-aware. If so, I have the work more
or less done. I was also wondering if there might be any interest in a
feature like:

*FvwmBannerSynchColorset n 

which would keep the named colorset in synch with whatever the
colorset defined for the current desk/page was. Though I suppose that
FvwmEvent could do this for you. I haven't spent any time with
FvwmTheme so far, but I'm still having fun tinkering with the
possibilities.
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"'Why is that toy on your head?' 'Because if I wear it anywhere else, it
chafes.'" - Chris Knight
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 14:00:30 +0100

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 06:39:42PM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> essentially, making FvwmBanner Page-aware.

I have no objections against such a patch (although I do don't
understand why anybody uses FvwmBanner at all).

> If so, I have the work more
> colorset defined for the current desk/page was.

What do you mean with 'keep in sync' with a colour set?  At the
moment FvwmBanner doesn't use colour sets at all.  And since
it simply displays a pixmap I'm not sure what colour sets
could be used for.

> Though I suppose that

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 09:08:52 -0800

Oops! s/Banner/Backer/
I thought I might have done that...

Previously...
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "I drank what?"

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 18:23:43 +0100

> I thought I might have done that...

Aaaaah, I understand now.  But then I don't understand why
we need to sync colour sets.  Didn't I implement this
already?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 09:49:30 -0800

Previously...
>we need to sync colour sets.  Didn't I implement this

Uh, maybe you did. I haven't looked that hard at the new Colorset
stuff. If it's already done, so much the better. I'll send in a patch
soon. Before I do, I have two questions.

Can anyone suggest a good way to get the DesktopSize before parsing
the config file and setting up the loop? I did something that maybe
isn't so good... Before parsing config and signaling the module is up,
I enter the loop after requesting a window_list from the core, waiting
until the desktopsize gets set... Bad?

Also, I added an #include Parse.h... Do I need to do anything special,
WRT Makefile.am or anything?

"I am not a number; I am a free man!" - Number Six

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 02:12:54 +0200

> WRT Makefile.am or anything?

You should add " -I$(top_srcdir)/libs" to INCLUDES in Makefile.am.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 00:58:26 +0200

On 07 Nov 1999 18:39:42 -0800, Michael Han wrote:
> 
> Hi, I was wondering if there was any interest in a patch to FvwmBacker
> *FvwmBackerPage desk pagex pagey action
> 
> essentially, making FvwmBacker Page-aware. If so, I have the work more
> or less done.

I would suggest instead of "*FvwmBackerDesk" and "*FvwmBackerPage"
to implement a more general syntax:

*FvwmBackerAction (Desk 1, Page 0 2) action

Desk and Page default to "Desk *" and "Page * *".
This way it is easy to add conditions. Though, it is difficult to
imagine these conditions now, but users always want something new.
How about fourth dimension conditions. (DayTime night, WeekDay sunday).
Hmm. :-)

And whatever syntax you choose, I think, it is good to support pages.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 15:09:16 -0800

Previously...
>imagine these conditions now, but users always want something new.

I like your idea better. I'll probably recode this weekend.

>How about fourth dimension conditions. (DayTime night, WeekDay sunday).

You never know... ;>

>And whatever syntax you choose, I think, it is good to support pages.

Thanks. I'll change the syntax as proposed and probably submit a patch
this weekend.
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"Wallowing is sex for depressives." - Jeanette Winterson
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]