Subject: Animation code

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:46:19 +0100

Hello,
>From WinList Man page (added recently by Dominik):

*FvwmWinListAction action response 
Tells FvwmWinList to do response when action is done. The currently
supported action s are: Click1, Click2, Click3. The currently supported
response s are any fvwm built-in commands, including modules and functions. Warning: Use of the former syntax that allowed to use comma separated lists
of commands is strongly discouraged due to synchronization problems with fvwm.
Please use complex fvwm functions instead (defined with the 'AddToFunc command
of fvwm).

I am agree with this and I have put the same warning in the TaskBar 
Man page. Unfortunately, the defaults Click 1 action in WinList and 
TaskBar use the hold syntax (this cause a mini-bug in TaskBar if you
do not change the default by a (complexe/builtin) function and you
use NoIconAction).
In WinList "Iconify -1, Raise", in TaskBar "Iconify -1, Raise, Focus".

So, I think that we need to change these defaults. Here some possibilities:
1. Add two builtins DeiconifyAndRaise and DeiconifyAndFocus
2. Add one builtin DeiconifyAndFocus and change WinList default
3. Add one builtin DeiconifyAndRaise and change TaskBar default
4. Set the defaults to Nop
5. Change nothing

Some votes ? Or a better suggestion ?

Olivier

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 19:32:01 +0100

> Some votes ? Or a better suggestion ?

If I remember correctly there is no real problem with these defaults.
The problem arises when you use constructs like 'Next (rxvt) focus',
so keeping these wouldn't hurt too much. Of course a default like
'WindowListFunc' would be better. We can add the necessary functions
to ConfigFvwmDefaults

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]