Subject: Re: CVS dane fvwm-web: regenerated NEWS and FAQ

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 15:50:40 -0500

Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hi, Dan.
> 
> Can you please also add utils/*.1 to the generated web pages?

Right now, the only  generated man pages are  the  ones from the  last
"official" release (2.2.3 or 2.2.2 depending on where you look).

The only utils/*.1   man page in that   release was for xpmroot.   I'm
betting thats not the man page you are looking for.

Someone suggested also putting up man pages from the latest beta, but
right now that hasn't been set up.

> What is the procedure of generating documentation? It is not up to date.

There is some information in "fvwm-web/README", and a little more at
http://xxx.fvwm.org/cvs.html#fvwm-web.

I wonder what you are referring to about the documentation not being up
to date?  I know "www.fvwm.org" is way behind "xxx.fvwm.org", but there
is nothing I can do about that.

> If I understand it correctly developers should run scripts generating it,
> and commit the results. Is it possible to setup an automatical generation
> of .html pages from the fvwm source repository on the cvs server?

Some automation is possible.   Right now we are  waiting for  Jason to
have some time to devote to making the transition from xxx.fvwm.org.

Once thats done the automation can be done on his end, or by anyone
of the developers with update access.

One of the reasons I never bothered with the man pages from the latest
beta is that no one would see them anyway at xxx.fvwm.org.

Unfortunately,  there  are a  few  things that can't  be automatically
generated;  The screenshots   of  the icon  package  and the   "vector
buttons"  page I set up recently.   There's not a  lot of change there
anyway.

> Regards,
> Mikhael.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 00:00:13 +0200

> is nothing I can do about that.

I am referring to xxx.fvwm.org (fvwm-web).
I thought that if the FAQ is current, the man pages could also be current.
Of course, if they should not be current, no automatization is needed.

Regards,
Mikhael.