Subject: To-do Colorsets

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 10:39:40 -0500

Tim, Dominik, and anyone else who might be reading,

I seem to have lost track of where we stand on colorsets.
- I think we finished with the modules, correct me if I'm wrong.

- We now have use of variables for background and foreground, throught
the rc file, and expansion of those variables at function runtime
(thanks Dominik).

To-do:
- I believe something with the highlight colors was still called for.

- And something to handle updating the Styles that rely on decors or
usestyle, when there color values change.

So was that it or am I forgetting some other issues?

I unfortunatelly haven't looked at any of that code yet myself, so if
either of you feel better equiped to dive in, then have at it, otherwise
I can start thinking about it.

Brad

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 15:59:47 +0000

> usestyle, when there color values change.
You can fake it at the moment by using HilightColor $[fg.cs1] $[bg.cs1]
but it doesn't follow colorset changes. The obvious thing to do is to
invent HilightColorset. Your second point may be a problem. HilightColor
can be used in a decor so logically HilightColorset should be too. I
don't know how difficult it would be to chase down the list of decors
updating any that need to be redisplayed as a result of a colorset
changing.

Looking at the todo list for 2.4 (update 24) it feels like we are
getting close to a feature freeze.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 18:14:36 +0100

> I seem to have lost track of where we stand on colorsets.

Sorry for the confusion.  I know I should long have posted
a new to do update, but then I was on vacation for one and a
half weeks in late october, and now I'm very demotivated
(partially because of the complexity of the patches for
the 'Style' command I'm writing - updating styles at run time
without a recapture, partially because of the many
intermittent bugs we have at the moment).

> - I think we finished with the modules, correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct.

> the rc file, and expansion of those variables at function runtime

Correct.

> - I believe something with the highlight colors was still called for.

Yes.

> usestyle, when there color values change.

I wasn't aware of this one.  I'd certainly have to address this
with my work to make 'Recapture' obsolete anyway.

> I can start thinking about it.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 14:11:58 -0500

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 06:14:36PM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> I wasn't aware of this one.  I'd certainly have to address this with
> my work to make 'Recapture' obsolete anyway.
>

I beleive Bob was the one who brought this up two maybe three weeks ago.
I think he has something like a decor with a usestyle then a style that
used that decor

AddToDecor Test UseStyle TestStyle

Style "tests" UseDecor Test 

Style TestStyle" Back $[cs.bg0]

TityleStyle is probablly another good one to fit in here as well.

Brad

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 20:38:34 +0100

> Style TestStyle" Back $[cs.bg0]

Ah, but this is not a problem of colour sets but of styles in general
(and especially the 'UseStyle' style).  This is why I started the work
on styles/recapture in the first place.

> TityleStyle is probablly another good one to fit in here as well.

TitleStyle doesn't support colour sets yet.

Bye

Dominik ^_^