Subject: move bug

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 08:13:57 -0500

I'm not sure where the problem is but I'm sure someone out there knows
what they did.  With current CVS if you select move from a menu or type
it into FvwmConsole you get the window selection cursor (as expected)
then you click and hold inside a window the cursor changes to a move
cursor (as expected), however the window doesn't actually move when you
move the mouse, you need to release the mouse and press it again, upon
this first release you don't loos the move cursor.

As I said I'm not sure what the problem here is something in events.c
I'm guessing, but I figured someone would remember this if I brought it
up.

Brad
-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 22:28:55 +0100

> I'm guessing, but I figured someone would remember this if I brought it

Hello,
If I type Move in FvwmConsole then I do not have the selection cursor 
but the move cursor and I do not have your problem. If I type "Pick Move"
then I have the selection cursor and after selection I can move without
holding (need to click to stop the move) or with holding.
Is your move a complex function ? Sorry if I missunderstand something.
Olivier

-- 
[email-masked]
"you have moved your mouse, please reboot to make this change take effect"

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 23:58:08 +0200

> > I'm guessing, but I figured someone would remember this if I brought it

I got the behaviour of Move and company that Brad described few days ago,
but just before Brad's posting, the code in CVS changed that behaviour to
what you (Olivier) describe.

> holding (need to click to stop the move) or with holding.

I remember the usual behaviour is to do "Pick Move" on "Move" in
non-window context. Why this was changed some days ago? Not that I am
against this change, it is a matter of one's habit.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:48:38 +0100

> against this change, it is a matter of one's habit.

As far as I know my changes might have caused that.  The change you
notice is simply a bugfix.  Previously the 'select' cursor was used
for 'Move' and the 'move' cursor for 'MoveToPage'.  It should have
been vice versa. The binding problem is probably one of the (already
fixed) bugs introduced with the decor_w patch.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:11:03 -0500

> fixed) bugs introduced with the decor_w patch.

Upon noticing the traffic I created I went back to look at my bindings and 
this is what I have 
Mouse 3    R       A       Popup Window-Ops Nop

DestroyMenu Window-Ops      
AddToMenu Window-Ops    "Window Ops"    Title
+       "Raise"         Raise
+       "Lower"         Function Move-or-Lower
+       "Move" 			Function Move-or-Raise

DestroyFunc Move-or-Raise  
AddToFunc Move-or-Raise "D" Raise
+       "D" WindowShade    
+       "M" Move
+       "C" Raise
+       "H" Move

Previouslly a right mouse click on root poped up my menu and I would
get a selection cursor if I choose the function called move, I could
then press the mouse button and move the mouse and the Motion binding
would be triggered, this however is nolonger the case.  If this is a bug
fix that is fine, it was just different behavior and based on commits
suprised me.

Brad

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:52:42 +0100

> fix that is fine, it was just different behavior and based on commits

Hm, the current behaviour seems to be consistent to me because
it exactly does what the function suggests.  But it was no intentional
change.  What should we do with this? 

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:52:36 -0500

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 04:52:42PM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > get a selection cursor if I choose the function called move, I
> > could then press the mouse button and move the mouse and the Motion
> > binding would be triggered, this however is nolonger the case.  If
> > this is a bug fix that is fine, it was just different behavior and
> > based on commits suprised me.
>
> Hm, the current behaviour seems to be consistent to me because it
> exactly does what the function suggests.  But it was no intentional

I'm not sure but it is deffinetlly different behavior and I would
imagine quite a few users have a function like this since it has been in
the sample rc since fvwm1 days and is still there now.

Brad

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:13:06 +0100

> the sample rc since fvwm1 days and is still there now.

Fixed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^