Subject: wm-icons 0.2.4 test version

From: Julian Gilbey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:50:28 +0000

I'm just putting my test version of wm-icons 0.2.4 which is now
autoconfiscated on my college machine at
http://www.maths.qmw.ac.uk/~jdg/wm-icons-0.2.4.tar.gz.  Please have a
look at it and let me know what you think and whether it works for
you.  As always, more documentation is needed!

Also, as the GNU project does not believe in /usr/(share/)doc, there
is no support for plain text documentation in autoconf.  (At least,
that's the way I understand it.)  Not sure what to do about this at
present -- will need to think about it.

   Julian

-- 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

  Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. [email-masked]
        Debian GNU/Linux Developer,  see http://www.debian.org/~jdg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 22:44:33 +0200

> you.  As always, more documentation is needed!

I like this autoconf'ing, amazing work.
There are several problems with this 0.2.4 version. A quick fix:
executing 'touch wm-icons-fix-old-rc' for make to pass.  wm-icons-config
has a new interface, so all menu actions should be updated and more...

I am locking wm-icons and will release 0.2.5 tomorrow (with all my fixes
and updates) in http://wm-icons.dhs.org/ - no additional announcement.

Do we need a CVS? The problem is symbolic links, which CVS does not
support. I can set up a wrapper my-cvs to "solve" this problem:

  #!/bin/sh

  make pack-symlinks    # creates _links.lst
  cvs "$@"
  make unpack-symlinks  # restores symlinks

A better solution? But the question is whether CVS is needed at all.
Does someone else want to have write permissions in wm-icons project?

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 30 Nov 1999 14:49:12 -0500

Hi Julian;  I wanted to check out your autoconfiged versio of wm-icons
but I can't reach it at the url you posted a week or so ago:

  http://www.maths.qmw.ac.uk/~jdg/wm-icons-0.2.4.tar.gz

Did it move?  Can I get a copy somewhere else?

Thx.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 01:35:30 +0200

> Did it move?  Can I get a copy somewhere else?

You can always get the latest release from http://wm-icons.dhs.org/
0.2.5 for now.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Julian Gilbey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 02:18:02 +0000

> Did it move?  Can I get a copy somewhere else?

I removed it once Mikhael had announced 0.2.5.  I can reupload it if
you'd like.

   Julian

  Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com/

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 30 Nov 1999 21:26:28 -0500

%% Julian Gilbey <[email-masked]> writes:

  >> Did it move?  Can I get a copy somewhere else?

  jg> I removed it once Mikhael had announced 0.2.5.  I can reupload it
  jg> if you'd like.

No, that's fine, I'll get 0.2.5.  I didn't realize this had already been
"integrated" into the next version.  Cool!