Subject: Recapture Bug

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:36:22 -0500 (CDT)

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname output: Linux dethstar 2.0.38 #2 Sun Sep 19 14:49:59 CDT 1999 i586 unknown
Compiler: gcc
Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2
prefix: /usr/local
sysconfdir: /usr/local/etc
libexecdir: /usr/local/libexec

FVWM Version: 2.3.10
FVWM_CONFIGDIR: unset
FVWM_MODULEDIR: unset
FVWM_USERHOME: unset

Description:
	The Recapture command causes the GNOME panel to disappear. It is
	still running, but it is not visible on any page of the virtual
	desktop. I think it might be iconified, because my iconify sound
	plays.

	I reported this bug a while back with an old version of Gnome, and
	said I'd report back when I've updated. I'm running the latest
	versions of all the Gnome software (1.0.53).

Repeat-By:
	Execute the Recapture command while running the Gnome pager.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 08:44:33 +0200

> 	desktop. I think it might be iconified, because my iconify sound

Well, does it appear on some icon management module like FvwmIconMan?
Do you have an icon defined for the panel?  What happens when you issue
a command like

  Style * some_icon_pixmap.xpm

And then do a recapture?  Does the icon show up?

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:00:36 +0200

> 	desktop. I think it might be iconified, because my iconify sound

You can determine where is your panel by: WindowList OnlyListSkip
Most probably it has wrong geometry together with sticky flag.

For me the panel is visible, but in the wrong location.
Also most of the windows do not preserve their geometry (appear on the
page 0,0) and sometimes lose flags (shading, iconifying).

It only happens on the first Recapture, next ones do preserve everything
except for shading. I will try to find what happens.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:27:28 +0200

> page 0,0) and sometimes lose flags (shading, iconifying).

Hello,
Is the bad position is some thing like +/-BorderWidth+/-BorderWidth
from the theoretical good one ?
I have noted some position problems of this kind with WinList if you use
CurrentDesk, goes to a desk with x apps in WinList, go to a desk with 0
app in WinList (so WinList unmap itself) and then go to a desk with y apps
(x not equal to y). I also noted such positions problems with Buttons Panel, 
but it seems that it has been fixed recently (by dominik ?).

Olivier

PS: I have a patch ready for WinList (which also fix some animation position
bugs), but I need to be at home to send the patch, so I will send it
Friday.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: "Eric Gillespie, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:05:42 -0500

Sorry it took so long to reply, but I did what was suggested. Even though
the iconification sound is being played (this is the only event that plays
this sound), no icons appear. Here's what WindowList had to say about the
geometry of the panels:

panel 0(8):52x553+3814-2147 S
panel 0(8):1024x52-1870+2147 S

My display is only 1024x768, so these windows are way out there.

The panels come back if I restart.

-- 
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> [email-masked]

"Man is a rope, tied between beast and overman--a rope over an abyss.
 A dangerous across, a dangerous on-the-way, a dangerous looking-back,
 a dangerous shuddering and stopping."
 --Friedrich Nietzsche