Subject: A patch for FvwmScroll

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 11:15:15 +0200

Hello,

I add a new way to compute the size of the scrolled window:
it use percentage of the full screen, here a part of the new 
man page:

"FvwmScroll can be invoked by binding the action 'Module
FvwmScroll x y' to a menu or key-stroke in the .fvwmrc file.
The parameter x and y are either integers or integers immediately followed by
a p, which describe the horizontal and vertical size modification of the window. 
An integer describe a size reduction. An integer followed by a p describe
a size as a percentage of the height or the width of a full screen but
the size is never larger than the original window size (0p will do
nothing)."

Sorry if the english is bad.
The "percentage" works similarly that Maximize. The difference are:
1. The Border width and the TitleBar width are not take in account in the
computation (I saw what Dominik do for the panel in FvwmButtons to get these
sizes, but this is to complicate for me ... I think that fvwm is not very 
cool with its modules, since fvwm know these values but there is no way 
to get it easily from a module)
2. The position is computed as for size reduction.
3. The size is never larger than the original window size.

This new ways to resize seems natural for me: It allows to do a
"constant reduction".

Patch description:

modules           : ChangeLog 
modules/FvwmScroll: FvwmScroll.1 FvwmScroll.c GrabWindow.c FvwmScroll.h

Oliveir