Subject: Immediate Style Updating

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 14:10:54 -0400

The new immediate Style updating seems to be lacking a couple of
things. What's the current state of the project? Is it considered
complete, or is it still work in progress?

	The new handling doesn't seem to catch the case where styles are set
indirectly, via UseStyle and UseDecor.

	All my color scheme related Style elements are defined in decors, which
are then assigned to named styles, e.g.

AddToDecor BGStyle1 ...
... [buttonstyles, titlestyles, hilightcolor, etc.]
Style BGStyle1 UseDecor BGStyle1, color red/burlywood

	Then, to set or switch the color scheme, I use a command like

Style * UseStyle BGStyle1

A Recapture is still required for this to take effect.

Cheers,
Bob
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:00:26 +0200

> complete, or is it still work in progress?

About 25% complete.  It's still causing me headaches.  Only the
common flags of the style/window structure are handled properly
right now (I hope).

> indirectly, via UseStyle and UseDecor.

I haven't looked into this yet.

> A Recapture is still required for this to take effect.

Hm, now that you mention it, yes.  The styles overwritten by
the 'UseStyle' style are not marked as changed and thus don't
get updated.  I'll probably not be able to get back to this
until next wednesday or so.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 23:21:35 -0400

Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > What's the current state of the project? Is it considered
> About 25% complete.

	Wow. I have to say it's quite impressive at 25% - I can't wait to see
it when it's done.

> It's still causing me headaches.

	Judging from my feeble attempts to understand the style code a little
bit, I don't wonder!  :-)

Cheers,
Bob