Subject: move/resize position/size window

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 18:42:34 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Stuart Anderson
Version: 2.3.9
CVS_Date: 
OS: SunOS 5.6
X_Server: Openwindows
Submission from: (NULL) (131.215.115.246)

The handy window that pops up in the upper left corner to notify the
user of the current window position/size when moving/resizing a window
does not become active when first selecting a window. It shows up
once the cursor has been moved to indicate a change. However, I found
it useful to see the initial value immediately upon selecting a window
as is done in 2.2.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 00:23:06 +0200

> it useful to see the initial value immediately upon selecting a window

This is because there has been a subtle change in how functions invoked
with the mouse work.  With pre 2.3.x versions of fvwm a function like

  AddToFunc MoveOrRaise
  + "C" Raise
  + "M" Move

Would start moving the window after a certain timeout.  Since there is no
real need to make this decision before the button is released air the
pointer is moved I changed this behaviour.  This is what you see now:
unless you that moving the 'Move' command will not be executed and thus
no geometry window is shown.  To make this work the way is used to you
can add another line to the MoveOrRaise function:

  AddToFunc MoveOrRaise
  + "C" Raise
  + "M" Move
  + "H" Move

The 'H' stands for 'Hold' and means the action is activated if the
button has been pressed without moving for the time defined by
ClickTime.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]