Subject: Short title bars?

From: Jonathan Booth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 03:00:26 -0500

Something I've seen elsewhere -- BeOS and twm (or some varient of
twm, vtwm, tvtwm, ...) have short titlebars, or titlebar tabs which
take up a bit less screen realestate than the long title tabs like
FVWM and most other window managers have. It'd be really neat to
have a configuration option where we could change those bars to
short bars. Looking at the TODO list, I see it's down there
(SqeezeTitle) but with a question mark, making it a possible
feature, so count this as a vote for it, if you would.

I've also seen the tabs be slideable along the window (BeOS), which
I think is a wonderful feature as it allows you to make a tab-view
out of your windows and then easialy stack more windows. If it
did get implemented, something of this nature would make it /so/
much more useful than just the short titles without them being
movable along the top of the window.

Thanks for your time and the great WM. :)

-- 
Jonathan A. Booth				kamikaze@N0$PAMimsa.edu
http://www.N0$PAMimsa.edu/~kamikaze		jbooth@N0$PAMuiuc.edu
Remove NOSPAM from hostnames. Unsolicited commercial e-mail: access denied
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]