Subject: Snapshots not building

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Oct 1999 14:28:35 -0500

The nightly snapshots are failing to build because of the following:

modules/FvwmGtk/Makefile.am:25: variable `GNOME_LIBDIR' not defined
modules/FvwmGtk/Makefile.am:25: variable `GNOMEUI_LIBS' not defined
modules/FvwmGtk/Makefile.am:25: variable `GNOME_LIBDIR' not defined
modules/FvwmGtk/Makefile.am:25: variable `GNOMEUI_LIBS' not defined

 - J<
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: "Eric Gillespie, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 20:23:14 -0500

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 02:28:35PM -0500,
> modules/FvwmGtk/Makefile.am:25: variable `GNOMEUI_LIBS' not defined

This comes from my Gnome patch to FvwmGtk, but it didn't happen to me.
I downloaded
ftp://ftp.fvwm.org/pub/fvwm/devel/snapshots/fvwm-snap-19991008.tar.gz
but it doesn't even have the Gnome patch applied, so I suppose this isn't
what you're referring to. Where can I find these snapshots so I can take a
look at the problem?

-- 
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> [email-masked]

"Man is a rope, tied between beast and overman--a rope over an abyss.
 A dangerous across, a dangerous on-the-way, a dangerous looking-back,
 a dangerous shuddering and stopping."
 --Friedrich Nietzsche
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Oct 1999 21:01:21 -0500

>>>>> "EG" == Eric Gillespie, <[email-masked]> writes:

EG> I downloaded
EG> ftp://ftp.fvwm.org/pub/fvwm/devel/snapshots/fvwm-snap-19991008.tar.gz
EG> but it doesn't even have the Gnome patch applied, so I suppose this
EG> isn't what you're referring to. Where can I find these snapshots so I
EG> can take a look at the problem?

When the snapshot won't build, it doesn't get placed on the FTP site so the
last one available is the last one that built correctly.  There's no way to
download a snapshot that doesn't build.

 - J<

---

From: "Eric Gillespie, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 22:33:42 -0500

Okay, I just updated from CVS, made a snapshot, and built it with and
without Gnome with no problems. I have no idea why the nightly snapshots
are failing.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 06:20:06 +0200

> without Gnome with no problems. I have no idea why the nightly snapshots

Perhaps it's enough that you have gnome installed?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Oct 1999 23:28:26 -0500

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> Perhaps it's enough that you have gnome installed?

The snapshot machine has neither Gnome nor GTK installed.

 - J<

---

From: "Eric Gillespie, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 02:25:19 -0500

On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 06:20:06AM +0200,
> Perhaps it's enough that you have gnome installed?

Yeah, that was it. Here's a patch that allows it to build even without
Gnome installed. Sorry about that.

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Oct 1999 10:09:01 -0500

>>>>> "EG" == Eric Gillespie, <[email-masked]> writes:

EG> Yeah, that was it. Here's a patch that allows it to build even without
EG> Gnome installed. Sorry about that.

This morning's snapshot built fine.

 - J<