Subject: footprints

From: Nadim Saeed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:06:00 -0700 (PDT)

Has fvwm put-on a few pounds :-)  I'm seeing a slightly larger resident
memory footprint.

Is anyone tracking this ?

FYI, "top" on the versions noted below reveals,

---------------
2.2.2
---------------
  PID USERNAME THR PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE   TIME    CPU COMMAND
25001 nadim      1  33    0 2384K 1816K sleep   0:18  0.09% fvwm2
25004 nadim      1  33    0 2072K 1520K sleep   0:05  0.04% FvwmPager
25006 nadim      1  33    0 2048K 1488K sleep   0:01  0.02% FvwmWinList
 
---------------
snap-19991013
---------------
28134 nadim      1  33    0 2528K 2128K sleep   0:02  0.06% fvwm2
28136 nadim      1  33    0 2208K 1744K sleep   0:00  0.03% FvwmPager
28138 nadim      1  33    0 2168K 1704K sleep   0:00  0.02% FvwmWinList
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:04:13 +0200

> Has fvwm put-on a few pounds :-)  I'm seeing a slightly larger resident

That's the price of progress :-) With all the new features I wouldn't
be surprised if it grew a bit.  Anyway, you can't rely on the output
of 'top' anyway.  It definitely doesn't display the real memory
consumption.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]