Subject: error building 2.2.3

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 08:37:50 +0200

When I 'make distcheck' 2.2.3 I get this error:

  make[1]: Entering directory `/home/domivogt/src/fvwm-2.2/docs'
  make[1]: *** No rule to make target `version.html', needed by `distdir'.  Stop.
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/domivogt/src/fvwm-2.2/docs'
  make: *** [distdir] Error 1

Does anybody know what to do about this?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 18:38:07 -0400

> Does anybody know what to do about this?

If you are intent on create a 2.2.3 release,  I'd suggest
removing all the web docs.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:44:06 +0200

> removing all the web docs.

I'd rather not change this in a simple bug fixing release.
I noticed that the file version.html was present in the
2.2 tarball but is gone in the 2.2.2 tarball.  The Makefile.am
of 2.2.3 still includes this file while the one in 2.2.2 does
not.  Probably a remnant of the screwed up commit a while ago.

Bye

Dominik ^_^