Subject: FvwmScript fouls again

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:25:56 +0200

Now I get this error message when compiling FvwmScript from scratch
(with -Wall -Werror):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../..  -I/usr/X11R6/include    -Wall -Werror -O2 -g -c scanner.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
lex.yy.c: In function `yylex':
lex.yy.c:1028: warning: `yy_cp' might be used uninitialized in this function
lex.yy.c:1028: warning: `yy_bp' might be used uninitialized in this function
make[4]: *** [scanner.o] Error 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never had this before :-/

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:06:36 +0100

> make[4]: *** [scanner.o] Error 1

The warnings are bogus but that doesn't help much.  If a "make syntax"
cures this please commit scanner.c, script.c and script.h and we'll see
if your lex/yacc produces more portable output than mine.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:36:36 +0200

> if your lex/yacc produces more portable output than mine.

No, mine produces the same warning.  Can't we simply disable lex/yacc
and distribute source files we modify by hand?  The sources could
still remain in CVS in case the files have to be rebuilt.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:07:47 +0100

Dominik Vogt wrote:
> No, mine produces the same warning. 

Hmm, we need to find out how it was done with 2.2 and replicate it then.

> Can't we simply disable lex/yacc

By default lex and yacc are not run.  I'll fix scanner.c by hand and add
a note to the README file.

Cheers,
Tim.