Subject: fvwm hangs in ExitFunction with SIGUSR1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:32:08 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Tim Phipps
Version: 2.3.10
CVS_Date: 
OS: SunOS 5.6
X_Server: Exceed 6
Submission from: (NULL) (194.202.174.20)

This is my ExitFunction:

AddToFunc ExitFunction  I KillModule *
+                       I FvwmBanner
+                       I Wait FvwmBanner

I have to have it this way otherwise the swallow(noclose) apps in
FvwmButtons are put into a parallel universe. The function works nicely
with the Restart command but if I kill fvwm with a -USR1 signal it gets
into
a 100% cpu loop. All the modules are dead but fvwm is alive and able to
manage windows. I can get out of the loop by starting an
'xclock -name FvwmBanner'.  Is it possible to disable the Wait command
after
fvwm has received a -USR1 signal?

Here's a stack trace when looping:

(gdb) where                                                                
   
#0  My_XNextEvent (dpy=0x72a20, event=0x317) at events.c:2060              
   
#1  0x27634 in wait_func (eventp=0x71450, w=42, tmp_win=0x0, context=8,    
   
    action=0xa7745 "FvwmBanner", Module=0xefffeb34) at builtins.c:620      
   
#2  0x45da8 in ExecuteFunction (Action=0xa7740 "Wait FvwmBanner",
tmp_win=0x0, 
    eventp=0x71450, context=8, Module=-2, expand_cmd=685893) at
functions.c:836
#3  0x466fc in execute_complex_function (eventp=0x71450, w=0, tmp_win=0x0, 
   
    context=8, action=0xaceb9 "ExitFunction", Module=0xefffed7c,           
   
    desperate=0xefffec64, expand_cmd=EXPAND_COMMAND) at functions.c:1283   
   
#4  0x4657c in ComplexFunction (eventp=0x71450, w=42, tmp_win=0x0,
context=8,  
    action=0xaceb9 "ExitFunction", Module=0xefffed7c) at functions.c:1226  
   
#5  0x45da8 in ExecuteFunction (Action=0xaceb0 "Function ExitFunction",    
   
    tmp_win=0x0, eventp=0x71450, context=8, Module=-1, expand_cmd=708281)  
   
    at functions.c:836                                                     
   
#6  0x30e7c in Done (restart=1, command=0xeffff44c "fvwm2") at fvwm.c:1781 
   
#7  0x2f5b4 in main (argc=459776, argv=0x71c00) at fvwm.c:721              

At other times it looks like:

#0  0xef439160 in waitid () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1                        
   
#1  0xef4540d8 in _waitpid () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1                      
   
#2  0x49d34 in ReapChildren () at misc.c:631                               
   
#3  0x2e00c in My_XNextEvent (dpy=0x72a20, event=0x71450) at events.c:2033 
   
#4  0x27634 in wait_func (eventp=0x71450, w=42, tmp_win=0x0, context=8,    
   
    action=0xa7745 "FvwmBanner", Module=0xefffeb34) at builtins.c:620      
   
#5  0x45da8 in ExecuteFunction (Action=0xa7740 "Wait FvwmBanner",
tmp_win=0x0, 
    eventp=0x71450, context=8, Module=-2, expand_cmd=685893) at
functions.c:836
#6  0x466fc in execute_complex_function (eventp=0x71450, w=0, tmp_win=0x0, 
   
    context=8, action=0xaceb9 "ExitFunction", Module=0xefffed7c,           
   
    desperate=0xefffec64, expand_cmd=EXPAND_COMMAND) at functions.c:1283   
   
#7  0x4657c in ComplexFunction (eventp=0x71450, w=42, tmp_win=0x0,
context=8,  
    action=0xaceb9 "ExitFunction", Module=0xefffed7c) at functions.c:1226  
   
#8  0x45da8 in ExecuteFunction (Action=0xaceb0 "Function ExitFunction",    
   
    tmp_win=0x0, eventp=0x71450, context=8, Module=-1, expand_cmd=708281)  
   
    at functions.c:836                                                     
   
#9  0x30e7c in Done (restart=1, command=0xeffff44c "fvwm2") at fvwm.c:1781 
   
#10 0x2f5b4 in main (argc=459776, argv=0x71c00) at fvwm.c:721              

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]