Subject: Icon position after Restart

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 18:17:05 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Stuart Anderson
Version: 2.3.9
CVS_Date: 
OS: SunOS 5.6
X_Server: Openwin
Submission from: (NULL) (131.215.115.246)

When I restart fvwm2, some of my icons move to the upper left hand corner
of the window, but immediately move to their former positions as soon as
the cursor is dragged over them. The two that I have found that do
this so far are both old Sun programs:
contool
cm (calendar manager)

It is also interesting that Identify does not work on either of these
icons (though it does work on the full un-iconified windows).

For that matter Identify doesn't seem to work on some other icons
either: xmcd, yrolo, but it does work on others like xsession.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 05:20:55 +0200

> this so far are both old Sun programs:

Contool again! It must be doing something strange with its icons.
Does any of my fellow developers have access to one of these to debug
this problem?

> either: xmcd, yrolo, but it does work on others like xsession.

Is one of these free software?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 06:10:04 -0400

> Does any of my fellow developers have access to one of these to debug

Contool is freely available, and I remember it causing the same symptom
in the past.  I just got up and the details escape me right now.
Theres probably something in the mail archive.

I'm on jury duty, and have to get going.  Sorry I can't supply more
information until later.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]