Subject: Recapture Bug

From: "Eric Gillespie, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 21:42:07 -0500 (CDT)

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname output: Linux dethstar 2.0.38 #2 Sun Sep 19 14:49:59 CDT 1999 i586 unknown
Compiler: gcc
Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2
prefix: /usr/local
sysconfdir: /usr/local/etc
libexecdir: /usr/local/libexec

FVWM Version: 2.3.9
FVWM_CONFIGDIR: unset
FVWM_MODULEDIR: unset
FVWM_USERHOME: unset

Description:
	The Recapture command causes the GNOME panel to disappear. It is
	still running, but it is not visible on any page of the virtual
	desktop.

Repeat-By:
	Execute the Recapture command while the GNOME panel is running.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 21:42:29 +0200

> 	Execute the Recapture command while the GNOME panel is running.

Are you *sure* you are running 2.3.9?  This problem should be
fixed for several months now and it doesn't happen on my machine.
Of this is not the problem I need more information (which panel version,
how is it configured, what styles are configured for the panel ...).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: "Eric Gillespie, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 19:32:26 -0500

On Sun, Oct 03, 1999 at 09:42:29PM +0200,
> Are you *sure* you are running 2.3.9?  This problem should be

Positive. I just updated yesterday.

> how is it configured, what styles are configured for the panel ...).

It's possible that it's Gnome's fault; I have a rather old version (the
1.0.9 packages for Debian 2.1). 1.0.50 is supposed to be out rather soon,
and I'll be compiling it myself. I'll report back then.

-- 
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> [email-masked]

"Man is a rope, tied between beast and overman--a rope over an abyss.
 A dangerous across, a dangerous on-the-way, a dangerous looking-back,
 a dangerous shuddering and stopping."
 --Friedrich Nietzsche
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: "Eric Gillespie, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 19:38:44 -0500

Oops, forgot to respond to the rest of your message! :)

> how is it configured, what styles are configured for the panel ...).

Panel is actually 1.0.5, not 1.0.9 (that was gnome-libs). The only style
in effect for panel is CirculateSkip. I'm using DefaultLayers 6 8 10, and
the panel lives quite happily in layer 8. I'm not sure if knowing what
kinds of Style * options I have, so here they are: NoIcon, NoPPosition,
StickyIcon, MouseFocus.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 07 Oct 1999 21:27:40 -0400

The gnome panel used to die for me all the time with 1.0.5/1.0.9.  I
gave it up.  I think it's a gnome bug, not necessarily an fvwm bug.

GNOME 1.0.5x is out for potato right now and I'm using it for one of my
logins.  Seems be much more stable and the panel doesn't go away like it
did before.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]