Subject: Re: Xmu

From: "Douglas Straub" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 22:54:12 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
To: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>
Date: Saturday, October 23, 1999 6:58 AM
Subject: Re: Xmu

<snip>

>When, I ask my question there are no Xmu in fvwm. Now I see that there
>are in FvwmDragWell ! However, it is in a module code ...

DragWell uses XmuClientWindow() once to get the first non-window manager
client window.  There is a way to do this using a while(){} loop that I saw
once,
but have been unable to locate the code again.  If somebody knows how to do
this,
please email me and the library may be removed...

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 09:19:41 -0400

> please email me and the library may be removed...

I hope  I didn't cause   a crusade to eliminate  the  use of  the  Xmu
library.   Any workstation  running Netscape   already has the  shared
library loaded.   Since I don't   have root access,  I wasn't  able to
determine if the X server itself has the library loaded.

The  8K  shown by "pmap"   for additional memory  use seems  to be the
smallest number it will show anyway.

In short, I don't see any problem with using this library.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]