Subject: review build/configure bugs in jitterbug?

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:58:09 +0200

Paul (PDS) and whoever else feels competent to say something
about build and configure problems:

We have a number of such bug reports in the 'incoming' directory
of Jitterbug and I really don't have an idea what to do with
them. Could you please look at these reports and comment on
what to do with them?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 24 Sep 1999 11:40:06 -0400

%% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

  dv> Paul (PDS) and whoever else feels competent to say something
  dv> about build and configure problems:

I cleaned out all the configure-ish ones I saw in incoming except the
Xpm version bug.

If I missed any, let me know.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:52:47 +0200

> If I missed any, let me know.

Thanks!

The only thing left I can see is #182 in 'in progress'.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 24 Sep 1999 13:43:28 -0400

>> If I missed any, let me know.

  dv> The only thing left I can see is #182 in 'in progress'.

Ah, I only looked in incoming.

OK, I committed a change to fix the last bit of this.

I guess, actually, there may be one bit left: currently we don't do
anything if perl isn't found or is too old, except print an error.

What *should* we do?  Can FvwmConsole be used without a reasonable perl?
Maybe we should not build the module if we can't find one?

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 16:36:04 +0200

> Maybe we should not build the module if we can't find one?

I think FvwmConsole doesn't need perl at all.  If you don't have
a supported version of perl then you simply cannot run or configure
the FvwmConsole.pl frontend.  FvwmConsole itself should still work
as usual.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 07:30:13 -0400

> the FvwmConsole.pl frontend.  FvwmConsole itself should still work

Thats only true if you have read line.  If you don't have readline it
compiles in support for perl to handle things in the console.

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]