Subject: Title bar does not return to normal state sometimes.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:15:56 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Philip Hallstrom
Version: fvwm-2.2.2
CVS_Date: 
OS: FreeBSD 3.2-19990811-STABLE
X_Server: XFree86 3.3.5
Submission from: (NULL) (207.202.159.72)

If I grab any window in the title bar and move it, leaving the mouse
in the title bar, the title bar does not "de-de-press".
	Also, if there are other windows on the screen, parts of the
title bar (one pixel lines) turn bright green (not anywhere in my config).

If I move the mouse fast enough so that it is not in the moved window,
this
does not happen.

If I move the mouse off and back on the window, it looks normal again.

Somesort of refresh problem.   I'm not sure how to best describe it.

I'm using a Voodoo3 as well so that might be causing problems...

-philip

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:17:32 +0200

> title bar (one pixel lines) turn bright green (not anywhere in my config).

Weird. Can you try this with a newer fvwm version? The current betas
are at 2.3.7 ( ftp://ftp.fvwm.org/pub/fvwm/version-2/fvwm-2.3.7.tar.gz ).
(The betas are *not* recommended for production use at the moment!!!).

> I'm using a Voodoo3 as well so that might be causing problems...

Hmm, the Voodoo3 seems to be fully supported since XFree 3.3.4. What
graphics adapter do you use?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Hallstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 08:40:51 -0700 (PDT)

> (The betas are *not* recommended for production use at the moment!!!).

Sure... it might be a day or two, but I'll get to it.

> graphics adapter do you use?

Huh?  Do you mean which server?  SVGA?  I'm not the biggest X expert :)

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:32:05 +0200

> Huh?  Do you mean which server?  SVGA?  I'm not the biggest X expert :)

No, I meant the card vendor and the name of the card. As far as I know,
'Voodoo3' is the name of the 3d chip on the card, not the name of the
card itself.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Philip Hallstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:10:49 -0700 (PDT)

> 'Voodoo3' is the name of the 3d chip on the card, not the name of the

Oh, I see... It's a 3dfx card (from 3dfx.com).  It's what ships with
Dell's computers... dmesg says:  3Dfx model 0005 graphics accelerator.

-philip

---

From: Philip Hallstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:21:34 -0700 (PDT)

Dominik -
	I compiled 2.3.7 and am still experiencing the problem.  I've
tried to pay more attention and I find that it also happens when I right
click on the desktop and open the root menu sometimes.  It seems to be
random, but it's always the same 1 pixel green lines in the window.  Would
a screen shot help (although I'm not sure I could get you once since
moving the mouse to another window makes the lines go away...)

FYI - while making 2.3.7 there were a couple of problems:

sed -e 's,xPERLx,/usr/bin/perl,'  > FvwmConsoleC.pl-t

Just sits there since there's no input file. I hit CTRL-D to go on...

It also happened on these sed lines:

sed -e 's,xFVWM_CONFIGDIRx,/tmp/fvwm/etc/fvwm,'  > FormFvwmSetup.-t

BUILDER=${USER-${LOGNAME-`whoami`}} &&  sed -e 's,xCCx,gcc,'  -e
's,xCFLAGSx,-g -O2,'  -e 's,xprefixx,/tmp/fvwm,' -e
's,xsysconfdirx,/tmp/fvwm/etc,'  -e 's,xlibexecdirx,/tmp/fvwm/libexec,' -e
"s,xBUILDERx,$BUILDER,"   > fvwmbug

and on "make install":

BUILDER=${USER-${LOGNAME-`whoami`}} &&  sed -e 's,xCCx,gcc,'  -e
's,xCFLAGSx,-g -O2,'  -e 's,xprefixx,/tmp/fvwm,' -e
's,xsysconfdirx,/tmp/fvwm/etc,'  -e 's,xlibexecdirx,/tmp/fvwm/libexec,' -e
"s,xBUILDERx,$BUILDER,"   > fvwmbug

It ran fine (except for the green lines) however...

-philip

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 08:39:47 +0300 (IDT)

> "s,xBUILDERx,$BUILDER,"   > fvwmbug

This is already fixed in the current (pre-2.3.8) version.
Unfortunately dayly snapshots are not generated. But the last existing
snapshot fvwm-snap-19990906.tar.gz contains the fix. :)

> It ran fine (except for the green lines) however...

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 21:55:44 +0200

> moving the mouse to another window makes the lines go away...)

A screenshot might help.  You can get one with this command line:

  # sleep 5; xwd -root > screenshot.xwd

After you hit return you then have five second to reproduce the
problem before the screenshot is made.  Plear gzip the screenshot
and cut out the parts of it that are not interesting since
screenshots tend to be huge.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Hallstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:58:52 -0700 (PDT)

Dominik -

I've put a sreenshot and my fvwm2rc file up at:

http://www.adhesivemedia.com/~philip/screenshot.gif
http://www.adhesivemedia.com/~philip/fvwm2rc.txt

The colors in the screenshot aren't the colors I have spec'ed, but the
bright green is the same...

To get that image, I put the two windows side by side (not overlapping),
then dragged the left window on top of the right one leaving the mouse in
the title bar.  At that point the screen shot was taken.

Let me know what else I can do to help you out...

Thanks -philip

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 02:37:34 +0200

> Let me know what else I can do to help you out...

Yes, I see it too. There is a bug in how your Move-or-Resize
function works. There is a workaround for your problem.
Replace your Move-or-Raise function with this one:

AddToFunc Move-or-Raise
+       "C" Raise
+       "M" Raise
+       "M" Move
+       "D" Lower

Don't ask me why that makes a difference. I'm working on the problem.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 03:31:06 +0200

> the title bar.  At that point the screen shot was taken.

Okay, it's fixed in the development code now.

Bye

Dominik ^_^