Subject: FvwmScroll acts funny

From: TG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 22:56:16 +0200

(latest CVS versions)

Though I hardly use FvwmScroll - maybe once in a month just to play with
- it seems to have a small problem when I click on the root window. I
just start FvwmScroll using a menu, the cursor changes to select a
window and click on the desktop which causes a random (??) window to
receive scroll bars.

BTW, being able to cancel FvwmScroll or FvwmIdent actions with <Esc>
would be very nice.

Regards,

Tung
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 16:03:06 +0200

> window and click on the desktop which causes a random (??) window to

Fixed.

> BTW, being able to cancel FvwmScroll or FvwmIdent actions with <Esc>

Any keystroke in FvwmIdent closes it, including <Esc>.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 16:36:04 -0400

> Any keystroke in FvwmIdent closes it, including <Esc>.

I believe he's refering to the interval while you have the crosshairs for
window selection. (FvwmIdent has to be invoked from a root menu or
keystroke.)

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: TG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:12:11 +0200

> window selection. (FvwmIdent has to be invoked from a root menu or

Euhm, not really, I just want to cancel the select-a-window mode (the
cursor changed to a crosshair) with <Esc>. When I do "RaiseLower" when
no window has focus, the cursor becomes a crosshair and I need to select
a window. Well, at this point I can cancel the operation hitting the
Escape button. But this doesn't work with FvwmScroll. Nor with
FvwmIdent, though I THOUGHT it did. ( ugh, can't we use Dutch or German
instead of English? ;-)

Regards,

Tung

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 16:32:15 +0200

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 09:12:11PM +0200, TG wrote:
> FvwmIdent, though I THOUGHT it did.

Yes, that's what Dan wanted to tell me.  The misunderstanding was on
my side.

> ( ugh, can't we use Dutch or German instead of English? ;-)

German will do nicely if you mail to me privately :-)

Bye

Dominik ^_^