Subject: FvwmForm XDrawImageString vs. XDrawString

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 13:13:06 -0400

I recently noticed ^K not working right in  FvwmForm input fields, and
some pixel dropping  in input fields.   I finally traced this  down to
some    logic  in FvwmForm/ReadXServer.c    that  was  changed to  use
XDrawString instead of XDrawImageString.  (I think.)

(I couldn't find a corresponding ChangeLog entry.)

I suppose this has something to do with background pixmaps?

Whats the right way to restore the background in a text area, or
should this get changed back to XDrawImageString?

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 20:35:23 -0400

> XDrawString instead of XDrawImageString.  (I think.)

Uhh, never mind, the new background logic brought out some latent bugs.

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 08:38:17 -0400

> Uhh, never mind, the new background logic brought out some latent bugs.

You had me worried there for a minute.  The XDrawImageStrings were
replaced when I added colorset support, the problem is DrawImageString
uses the background color of the graphics context to do its work, which
would overite the image, that is why I switched to XDrawString instead.

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]