Subject: fvwm.h in fvwm 2.3.7

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:53:11 -0400 (EDT)

Silly me, I just noticed Dominick's message to me to try to reproduce a
problem he may have fixed (he sent it August 3... yikes!).

Anyway, fvwm.h, as distributed in version 2.3.7 has a serious deficiency:

Line 450:

extern void Done(int, char *) __attribute__((__noreturn__));

The __attribute__((__noreturn__)) part is a GNU gcc-ism, and won't compile on
non-GNU compilers.  Can that part of the statement be #ifdef'd to allow
compilation by people who use other compilers?

PS --> I've removed the offending code and I'll try to check on the bug that I
reported in 2.2.  Is there a list of things to look out for when upgrading
from 2.2.x to 2.3.x... like changed or modified functionality?

-- 
Larry Gensch					      [email-masked]

                  "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 13 Sep 1999 15:41:59 -0400

%% [email-masked] writes:

  lg> Anyway, fvwm.h, as distributed in version 2.3.7 has a serious
  lg> deficiency:

  lg> Line 450:

  lg> extern void Done(int, char *) __attribute__((__noreturn__));

This has already been fixed in the development sources.  You should be
able to try it with the latest nightly snapshot.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]