Subject: --enable-kanji breaks build

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:00:51 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Danek Duvall
Version: snapshot 19990831
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux 2.2, Solaris 2.8
X_Server: XFree86 3.1.3, Openwindows 3.6.2
Submission from: (NULL) (209.233.33.110)

If I run configure --enable-kanji, then FvwmWinList.c fails to
compile.  What's happening is that it #defines XDrawString to
XmbDrawString, and later #includes (indirectly) Xlib.h, resulting
in this garbage:

"/usr/openwin/include/X11/Xlib.h", line 2690: syntax error before or at:
ButtonFontset
"/usr/openwin/include/X11/Xlib.h", line 2690: warning: undefined or missing
type for: ButtonFontset
"/usr/openwin/include/X11/Xlib.h", line 2684: warning: undefined or missing
type for: GC
"/usr/openwin/include/X11/Xlib.h", line 2685: warning: undefined or missing
type for: int
"/usr/openwin/include/X11/Xlib.h", line 2686: warning: undefined or missing
type for: int
"/usr/openwin/include/X11/Xlib.h", line 2687: warning: undefined or missing
type for: const
"/usr/openwin/include/X11/Xlib.h", line 2688: warning: undefined or missing
type for: int
"/usr/openwin/include/X11/Xlib.h", line 4329: identifier redeclared:
XmbTextEscapement
        current : function(pointer to struct _XOC {}, pointer to const
char, int) returning int
        previous: function(pointer to struct {pointer to struct _XExtData
{..} ext_data, ulong fid, uint direction, uint min_char_or_byte2, ui... :
"/usr/openwin/include/X11/Xlib.h", line 4021
"/usr/openwin/include/X11/Xlib.h", line 4422: identifier redeclared:
XmbDrawString
        current : function(pointer to struct _XDisplay {}, ulong, pointer
to struct _XOC {}, pointer to struct _XGC {}, int, int, pointer to c...
        previous: function() returning int :
"/usr/openwin/include/X11/Xlib.h", line 2680
cc: acomp failed for FvwmWinList.c

I got it to compile if I moved the #ifdef I18N_MB paragraph to after
all the #includes, though something more fine-grained might be
appropriate.

BTW, shouldn't --enable-kanji be something less specific, like, say,
--enable-multibyte?

Danek

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]