Subject: Huge messages

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Sep 1999 14:24:55 -0500

I normally don't care about encoded attachments as long as they're a
reasonable size, but I really hesitate to approve a 9000 line message (the
likes of which the list software has just bounced to me) given the number
of developers here that sit behind modems.  The introductory document does
ask you not to post binaries, after all.

Can anyone argue for changing this policy?

 - J<
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:33:47 -0400

> Can anyone argue for changing this policy?

No.

>From   your description, I  can't  tell what  it  is,  (but  I have my
suspicions).  The sender should describe what he needs to communicate.
If necessary, it can  be sent by  private email to  one or more of the
people that need it.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 00:31:38 +0200

> If necessary, it can  be sent by  private email to  one or more of the

I can only agree completely to what Dan said.  Though I don't mind
receiving a 50k screenshot or a large patch from time to time I
would ask people to limit attachments to the absolutely necessary
size (if they are big).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]