Subject: Build breaks with Sun compiler

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:06:09 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Danek Duvall
Version: snapshot 19990831
CVS_Date: 
OS: Solaris 2.8
X_Server: Openwindows 3.6.2
Submission from: (NULL) (209.233.33.110)

fvwm/fvwm.h uses __attribute__((__noreturn__)) which is a gcc
specific extension, and is not available on at least Sun's
compiler (and probably others).  Here's a patch to remove it;
I haven't investigated other ways of removing the warning it
prevents.

(A question, not entirely related.  There are still loads of
prototype mismatch errors, mostly signed / unsigned ints, though
some others that look more serious.  Is it feasible to get
rid of all of these by 2.4, or is it too much work / impossible?)

diff -durp fvwm-snap-19990831/fvwm/fvwm.h fvwm-snap-19990831./fvwm/fvwm.h
--- fvwm-snap-19990831/fvwm/fvwm.h      Sun Aug 22 04:30:20 1999
+++ fvwm-snap-19990831./fvwm/fvwm.h     Wed Sep  1 12:11:12 1999
@@ -447,7 +447,7 @@ typedef struct WindowConditionMask {
 extern void Reborder(void);
 RETSIGTYPE SigDone(int);
 RETSIGTYPE Restart(int nonsense);
-extern void Done(int, char *) __attribute__((__noreturn__));
+extern void Done(int, char *);
 extern void setInitFunctionName(int n, const char *name);
 extern const char *getInitFunctionName(int n);

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]