Subject: Notification: incoming/467

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:43:59 -0500 (CDT)

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/467

Message summary for PR#467
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: enhancement: add 'Warp' option to 'MoveToDesk'
	Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:43:57 -0500 (CDT)
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 23:56:56 +0200

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 10:43:59AM -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
> Please consider adding a 'Warp' option to the 'MoveToDesk' command,
> so that:
> 
>    MoveToDesk arg1 arg2 Warp
> 
> is equivalent to:
> 
>    MoveToDesk arg1 arg2
>    Desk arg1 arg2
> 
> OK, so the effect of this suggested enhancement can be achieved
> by defining a new function consisting of the latter sequence of
> two commands -- but I would like to avoid the extra clutter of
> introducing this new function, and I think that the suggestion
> would also achieve a desirable consistency with the 'Warp' option
> currently available on the 'Move' command.

To be honest I'm very reluctant to add such options that make
existing commands even more unwieldy for no other reason than
saving two or three lines in the configuration file.  I mean,
the functionality is already there and it's not hard to figure
out how to do it, so I'd rather spare us the effort and the
additional code.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]