Subject: build breaks with Solaris make

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:25:47 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Danek Duvall
Version: snapshot 19990831
CVS_Date: 
OS: Solaris 2.8
X_Server: Openwindows 3.6.2
Submission from: (NULL) (209.233.33.110)

There are three Makefiles where the use of the automatic variable
$< breaks using Solaris make.  The man page says that $< is only
reliable in implicit rules, and the explicit rules are exactly
where it breaks.  GNU make does not have this limitation (in
addition to having lots of more useful constructs, but that's
beside the point).

The three (auto-)Makefiles are:

modules/FvwmConsole/Makefile.am (line 17)
modules/FvwmForm/Makefile.am (line 55)
utils/Makefile.am (line 33)

Danek

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]