Subject: DGradient with FvwmButtons

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:16:06 -0400 (EDT)

I was playing with FvwmButtons and FvwmTheme, and I've nearly reproduced a
Wharf, but, the gradient that DGradient is giving me seems to be at the
wrong angle.  Instead of a 45 degree slope (which I was expecting), it's
more of a 20 degree slope.  Is this the way DGradient is supposed to
behave, or am I or fvwm doing something wrong?

-- 
Ben Winslow / [email-masked] / |Rain| / freshmeat news squad

Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.
- Heber J. Grant

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:11:33 +0100

> behave, or am I or fvwm doing something wrong?

That's the way it is supposed to be. FvwmTheme creates a square pixmap
with the DGradient at 45 degrees and FvwmButtons stretches it to fit
it's window.  If it really really bugs you and others it could be
changed by setting the keep_aspect attribute in FvwmTheme but it would
require more server memory and computation (a lot more for a task bar
like window).

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:29:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Tim Phipps wrote:

# Ben Winslow wrote:
# > wrong angle.  Instead of a 45 degree slope (which I was expecting), it's
# > more of a 20 degree slope.  Is this the way DGradient is supposed to
# > behave, or am I or fvwm doing something wrong?
# 
# That's the way it is supposed to be. FvwmTheme creates a square pixmap
# with the DGradient at 45 degrees and FvwmButtons stretches it to fit
# it's window.  If it really really bugs you and others it could be
# changed by setting the keep_aspect attribute in FvwmTheme but it would
# require more server memory and computation (a lot more for a task bar
# like window).
# 
# Cheers,
# Tim.
# --
# Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
# To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
# body of a message to [email-masked].
# To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]
# 
Well, that's the problem-- my window is square, it should be 45 degrees :)
Perhaps the gradient is being calculated before FvwmButtons sets its
geometry?

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:40:17 +0200

> Perhaps the gradient is being calculated before FvwmButtons sets its

Some things to check:

 - Do you set the background for the whole window or the buttons?
 - Do you resize the main window after it is created?
 - If you can't solve it, can you provide a screenshot and the relevant
   portions of your config (theme and buttons setup).

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]