Subject: core dump parsing wrong ColorSet option

From: TG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 22:16:03 +0200

This is rather a stupid bug, but I want to mention in anyway.

When I put this line in my .fvwm2rc, fvwm segfaults:

ColorSet

No options, no backslash, just the word "ColorSet".

BTW, keep up the good work, fvwm2 is getting better and better each day.
And I already thought it was already damn nice...

Tung

Core was generated by `fvwm2'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x4015e4a6 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0  0x4015e4a6 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x4015a12e in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0x40157f1f in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
#3  0x8056012 in HandleColorset (eventp=0x8085d40, w=37, tmp_win=0x0, 
    context=8, action=0x8095d71 "", Module=0xbfffef5c) at builtins.c:1039
#4  0x806e660 in ExecuteFunction (Action=0xbfffef7c "ColorSet\n", tmp_win=0x0, 
    eventp=0x8085d40, context=8, Module=-1, expand_cmd=EXPAND_COMMAND)
    at functions.c:686
#5  0x8077d81 in run_command_stream (f=0x80971c0, eventp=0x8085d40, 
    tmp_win=0x0, context=8, Module=-1) at read.c:78
#6  0x8077ee4 in run_command_file (
    filename=0x80965c0 ".fvwm2rc.d/config/styles/window.styles", 
    eventp=0x8085d40, tmp_win=0x0, context=8, Module=-1) at read.c:149
#7  0x8077f72 in ReadFile (eventp=0x8085d40, w=37, tmp_win=0x0, context=8, 
    action=0x80975d5 ".fvwm2rc.d/config/styles/window.styles\n", 
    Module=0xbffff458) at read.c:171
#8  0x806e660 in ExecuteFunction (
    Action=0xbffff478 "Read .fvwm2rc.d/config/styles/window.styles\n", 
    tmp_win=0x0, eventp=0x8085d40, context=8, Module=-1, 
    expand_cmd=EXPAND_COMMAND) at functions.c:686
#9  0x8077d81 in run_command_stream (f=0x8090d78, eventp=0x8085d40, 
    tmp_win=0x0, context=8, Module=-1) at read.c:78
#10 0x8077ee4 in run_command_file (
    filename=0x80885f0 "/home/winger/.fvwm2rc.d/config/styles/window.styles", 
    eventp=0x8085d40, tmp_win=0x0, context=8, Module=-1) at read.c:149
#11 0x805bc8c in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffffcb4) at fvwm.c:627
(gdb) quit