Subject: [FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 54, Error 4, EventType: 18

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 11:23:28 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Aron Griffis
Version: 2.2.2
CVS_Date: 
OS: Tru64 V5.0
X_Server: Xdec
Submission from: (NULL) (192.208.46.34)

I don't know how to reproduce the bug, so this bug might be untrackable.
I start xscreensaver, leave the workstation for the night, and by morning
it is back to xdm login.  Here is (I believe) the relevant portion from 
.xsession-errors:

[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> *** internal error ***
[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 54, Error 4, EventType: 18
/usr/local/bin/xscreensaver-command: activating.
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

>From this log, and from the fact that this never happens during the day
while I'm using the machine, I think the problem is interaction between
xscreensaver and fvwm.

One other note that might be of interest is that I'm running dual-headed,
and never saw this problem before adding the second monitor.  I tried
upgrading to the 19990906 snapshot to see if that would solve the problem,
but it first wouldn't even start dual-headed.  I gave it the "-s" option,
but then modules wouldn't work, so I gave up.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]