Subject: FvwmButtons rendering problem??

From: "Brennan Cropper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:43:50 +0100

Hi,

I switched over to a Sparc Ultra 5 platform recently, and compiled and
setup 2.2.2.  After launching fvwm, I noticed that there was something
peculiar with my FvwmButtons module.  Edges between buttons were not
drawn properly and were jagged (see attached GIF).

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether this was a problem with
the fvwm code, the X server, the graphics card, or perhaps the monitor? 
Please forgive me if this is a stupid question.  I've run fvwm on a
number of platforms and never seen behavior like this.  Thanks for any
input.

Brennan

P.S.  Just in case you're wondering, I've tried 2.3.6 and gotten the
same results.  Also, I doubt if it's related to configuration, but
here's my FvwmButton config:

*FvwmButtonsFore Black
*FvwmButtonsBack DarkGreen
*FvwmButtonsFont -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmButtonsFrame 2

# Geometry - really likes to pick its own size, but giving a position
# is OK
*FvwmButtonsGeometry -0-0

*FvwmButtons(1x1, Back DarkGreen Container (Columns 2, Rows 2))
  *FvwmButtons(Icon vim16x16.xpm,    \
               Action `Exec /u/bcropper/bin/vim -g &`)
  *FvwmButtons(Icon mini-term.xpm,   \
               Action `Exec xterm -geometry 80x45 &`)
  *FvwmButtons(Icon mini-lock.xpm,   \
               Action `Exec xlock -usefirst -mode random`)
  *FvwmButtons(Icon mini-nscape.xpm, \
               Action OpenDailyUpdate)
*FvwmButtons(End)
     
*FvwmButtons(Size 64 64, \
	Swallow (Respawn) "wmmail" \
	'Exec /u/bcropper/bin/wmmail -swallowed &' \
	Action GetNewMail)

*FvwmButtons(Size 64 64 \
	Swallow "/u/bcropper/bin/wmmon" \
	'Exec /u/bcropper/bin/wmmon &')

*FvwmButtons(Size 64 64 \
	Swallow "/u/bcropper/bin/wmmon" \
	'Exec /u/bcropper/bin/wmmon -s&')

*FvwmButtons(Size 64 64 \
	Swallow "/u/bcropper/bin/wmmon" \
	'Exec /u/bcropper/bin/wmmon -i&')

*FvwmButtons(Size 64 64 \
	Swallow (Respawn) "/u/bcropper/bin/wmCalClock" \
	'Exec /u/bcropper/bin/wmCalClock -24 -l &' )

*FvwmButtons( 4x1, \
  Swallow "FvwmPager" \
  'Module FvwmPager 0 3' )
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]