Subject: Re: FVWM: Screenshots ...?

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 13:42:47 -0400

Lee Willis <[email-masked]> writes:
> Are there any good resources for screenshots and associated .fvwm2rc
> files. I've checked the site at www.fvwm.org but I can't seem to find
> any up to date information ...

I just attempted to answer Lee's question, but ran into problems.
I tried both of these commands:

cvs -d :pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs/fvwm/fvwm-web checkout fvwm-web
cvs -d :pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs/fvwm checkout fvwm-web

Either I have the command wrong, or there's a problem
with the server.

I also tried this from our CVS instructions:

cvs -d :pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs/fvwm checkout fvwm

it gives me:

cvs checkout: cannot find password
cvs [checkout aborted]: use "cvs login" to log in first

HELP!

> Lee
> -- 

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 17:26:51 -0400 (EDT)

> Either I have the command wrong, or there's a problem

I suspect the second line should work, though I have never checked out
fvwm-web myself.  Did they give you the same error message about "cvs
login" as below?
 
> cvs [checkout aborted]: use "cvs login" to log in first

You'd get this if you have never used anonymous@cvs before.  You normally
use dane@cvs, right?  Try doing what it says!

	cvs -d :pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs/fvwm login

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 00:36:14 +0300 (IDT)

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Steve Robbins wrote:

> > cvs [checkout aborted]: use "cvs login" to login first
> 
> You'd get this if you have never used anonymous@cvs before.You normally

This is what I thought too and all works fine, but...
I can only guess why this command is needed, since my ~/.cvspass already
had :pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs/fvwm entry (the second one)
and was not changed (even the modification date) after this login command.
Seems like a bug to me.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Lee Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Aug 1999 09:21:17 +0100

> cvs -d :pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs/fvwm checkout fvwm-web

Hmm, well I follow both lists :)   The reason I asked on the other was
so that any good replies would be seen by all, not just developers ...
I realise that you guys are doing work on getting together some
screenshot stuff, but I was wondering whether it was accessible on the
fvwm.org site. If not when could we expect it?

The reason for asking is I just upgraded (??) to RedHat 6.0 which is
based on fvwm2.2 so I was looking for an overview of what could be done
so I could redesign my layout unfortunately I couldn't find anything ...

Cheers,
Lee.
-- 
I was doing object-oriented assembly at 1 year old ...  
For some reason my mom insists on calling it "Playing with blocks"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 08:34:45 -0400

> and was not changed (even the modification date) after this login command.

I had tried to login, but forgot the guest password.

After a successful attempt I got a new entry in .cvspass for

:pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs/fvwm

 vs.

:pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs/fvwm

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:35:20 -0400 (EDT)

> :pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs/fvwm

Yeah, that happened to me, too, with my 'steve@cvs...' login.  Sometime
during the month that I was offline replacing my computer, and installing
debian, the server switched over to 'cvs.fvwm.org', it appears.

By the way: you can simply edit the .cvspass file to change this!

And if you have checked out sources from the old "cvs.hpc.uh.edu" machine,
you can switch them over to the new machine name, by simply changing
all the CVS/Root files on your disk...