Subject: Multiple-Panel multi-line continuation on last item

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 15:39:32 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Derek Murphy
Version: 2.2.2 (and 2.2)
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux-2.2.10
X_Server: XF86_Mach64
Submission from: (NULL) (216.13.129.193)

I couldn't get the bugtracker to let me search on keyword 'panel', so my
apologies if this is old news to you.

I have multiple panel definitions for multiple FvwmButtons definitions.
If the last entry in a panel definition is continued on three lines, and
the next entry is another, different, panel definition for the same
FvwmButtons, the whole thing does not display.

That sounds awkward, but here's an example. IF you comment out the last 
button in 'CommPanel' (Netscape) below, it won't allow the entire
RootPanel
to display because the previous entry is 3 lines. As long as the next
entry
is a different type of 'FvwmButtons' (not just another Panel), three lines
is ok.

Have I found a bug? If so, where is it? I _guess_ a parser of some sort,
but
I *really* don't know enough C to find it.

The excerpt: (notes below)

AddToFunc InitFunction  "I"     Module FvwmButtons
+                       "I"     Module FvwmBacker
+                       "I"     Module FvwmAnimate
+                       "I"     Module FvwmButtons RootButtons
+                       "I"     Module FvwmButtons UserButtons

Later:
*RootButtons(Title (side) "SysAdm", Icon mini-penguin.xpm, Panel (up)
SysAdmPane
*RootButtons(Title (side) "Comm", Icon mini-penguin.xpm, Panel (up)
CommPanel)
*RootButtons(Title (side) "WWW", Icon mini-penguin.xpm, Panel (up)
WWWPanel)
*RootButtons(Title (side) "Misc", Icon mini-penguin.xpm, Panel (up)
MiscPanel)
*RootButtons(Title (side) "Master", Icon mini-penguin.xpm, Panel (up)
MasterPane
*RootButtons(Title (side) "SysAdm", Icon mini-penguin.xpm, Panel (up)
SysAdmPane
*RootButtons(Title (side) "Comm", Icon mini-penguin.xpm, Panel (up)
CommPanel)
*RootButtons(Title (side) "WWW", Icon mini-penguin.xpm, Panel (up)
WWWPanel)
*RootButtons(Title (side) "Misc", Icon mini-penguin.xpm, Panel (up)
MiscPanel)
*RootButtons(Title (side) "Master", Icon mini-penguin.xpm, Panel (up)
MasterPane

and, then, near the bottom of the .fvwm2rc file:

# Panel "Comm"
*RootButtonsPanel CommPanel
    *RootButtonsBack wheat3
    *RootButtonsColumns 1
    *RootButtons(Title (side) DLI-MODEM, Icon mini-display.xpm  Action \
        `Exec "SSH-DLI-MODEM" xterm -T SSH-DLI-MODEM -geom 80x34 -fn 10x20
\
                -bg wheat3 -sb -sl 500 -e su -c 'ssh 192.168.100.195'`)
        *RootButtons(Title (side) CHIP, Icon mini-display.xpm  Action \
        `Exec "SSH-CHIP" xterm -T SSH-CHIP -geom 80x34 -fn 10x20 -bg wheat3
\
                -sb -sl 500 -e su -c 'ssh 192.168.100.198'`)
***        *RootButtons(Title (side) "Netscape 3.01" Icon mini-nscape.xpm
\
***                Action `Exec /usr/local/netscape-3.01/netscape`)
*RootPanel(End)
[Three other 'RootButtonPanel; entries. ALL have to NOT end with 3 lines.]
# Panel "SysAdm"
*RootButtonsPanel SysAdmPanel
        *RootButtonsBack wheat3
        *RootButtonsColumns 1
    *RootButtons(Title (side) Mail, Icon mini-display.xpm \
        Action `Exec "SSH-Mail" xterm -T SSH-Mail -geom 80x34 -fn 10x20 \
            -bg wheat3 -sb -e su -c 'ssh mail'`)
    *RootButtons(Title (side) CHIP, Icon mini-display.xpm  Action \
        `Exec "SSH-CHIP" xterm -T SSH-CHIP -geom 80x34 -fn 10x20 -bg wheat3
\
            -sb -sl 500 -e su -c 'ssh 192.168.100.198'`)
*RootPanel(End)
#
Style "UserButtons"  NoHandles,Sticky,WindowListSkip,BorderWidth 0
# Black text on a grey background
*UserButtonsFore Black
*UserButtonsBack #c0c0c0
*UserButtonsFont -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
# Put it in the bottom left corner.
    *RootButtons(Title (side) DLI-MODEM, Icon mini-display.xpm  Action \
        `Exec "SSH-DLI-MODEM" xterm -T SSH-DLI-MODEM -geom 80x34 -fn 10x20
\
            -bg wheat3 -sb -sl 500 -e su -c 'ssh 192.168.100.195'`)
    *RootButtons(Title (side) CHIP, Icon mini-display.xpm  Action \
        `Exec "SSH-CHIP" xterm -T SSH-CHIP -geom 80x34 -fn 10x20 -bg wheat3
\
            -sb -sl 500 -e su -c 'ssh 192.168.100.198'`)
*RootPanel(End)
#
Style "UserButtons"  NoHandles,Sticky,WindowListSkip,BorderWidth 0
# Black text on a grey background
*UserButtonsFore Black
*UserButtonsBack #c0c0c0
*UserButtonsFont -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
# Put it in the bottom left corner.
[This continues in the same vein]
-------------------------------------End of excerpt -------------------

The entire .fvwmrc file is available if you want it, on the machine
ludwig.doculink.com in /pub/fvwm/2.2/fvwm2rc.derekm. I'm trying to create
a
.fvwm2rc that does just about everything, so I can offer it to you in case
you'd like to include it as a sample.

If this isn't a bug, please excuse the interruption and waste of
bandwidth.

Oh, and I *MUCH* prefer FVWM-2 to KDE/GNOME/FVWM-95 and their ilk. Even
with
the occasional 'feature' hidden inside!

						Derek Murphy
Systems Administrator   Central Information Services   R.E. Gilmore
Investments
130 Herzberg Rd   Kanata   Ontario   Canada   K2K 3B7   (613)592-2944
x3329
     "People should *THINK*; computers should _WORK_"   (613)271-3287
(direct)
  PGP public key http://ludwig.doculink.com/derekm.asc  (613)271-1618
(fax)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]