Subject: Latest snap - man page problem

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 12:09:58 +0100

I've just run up the latest snap (17/aug), and after installation, I
can't do 'man fvwm2'.

  This seems to be because the man page itself has a new header (.SH
HEADER) claiming that the command is 'fvwm' (née fvwm2), and it is this
that Solaris's 'catman' uses for the windex file.

  I.e., although the file is fvwm2.1, windex ends up with 'fvwm' in it (so
one can only 'man fvwm') ... but man then fails 'cos there's no 'fvwm.1'.
(only 'fvwm2.1).

-- 
=====================- http://www.racaldefence.com/ -===================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |
 mailto:[email-masked] |        There are 135 days remaining
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:16:11 +0200

> that Solaris's 'catman' uses for the windex file.

I assume you mean the .TH header. I've changed it back.
> one can only 'man fvwm') ... but man then fails 'cos there's no 'fvwm.1'.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]