Subject: CVS domivogt: * Use FVWM instead of F{ine,antastic,eline} V W M.

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 04:07:14 -0500 (CDT)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	domivogt	99/08/16 04:07:14

Modified files:
	utils          : ChangeLog fvwm-menu-desktop.1 
	                 fvwm-menu-directory.1 fvwm-menu-xlock.1 

Log message:
* Use FVWM instead of F{ine,antastic,eline} V W M.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 23:29:55 +0300 (IDT)

> 	               fvwm-menu-directory.1 fvwm-menu-xlock.1 

The right way is to change fvwm-menu-directory.in and fvwm-menu-xlock.in,
since their man pages are auto-generated. fvwm-menu-desktop.1 is not.
It is a good idea to run 'make' before commit after changing these *.in.

> * Use FVWM instead of F{ine,antastic,eline} V W M.

I can't see how plain FVWM is better than any of the three suggested
variants (by three different people, you included). Never mind. :)

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 02:46:28 +0200

> It is a good idea to run 'make' before commit after changing these *.in.

Duh.

> variants (by three different people, you included). Never mind. :)
                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^
No, the credits don't belong to me. Can't remember who had the idea,
but my English is too limited to think of 'Feline' :)

The name game is confusing enough already with fvwm, fvwm1, fvwm95,
fvwm2. We really shouldn't make it worse by gicing fvwm a different
name in each man page :-)

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]