Subject: TitleStyle doesn't work properly for Sticky Windows

From: "Andreas M. Kirchwitz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 12:48:00 +0200

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname output: Linux krell.snafu.de 2.2.10 #1 Mon Jun 14 23:11:07 CEST 1999 i586 unknown
Compiler: gcc
Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2
prefix: /usr/local
sysconfdir: /usr/local/etc
libexecdir: /usr/local/libexec

FVWM Version: 2.3.6
FVWM_CONFIGDIR: unset
FVWM_MODULEDIR: /usr/local/libexec/fvwm/2.3.6
FVWM_USERHOME: unset

Description:
	I upgraded from FVWM 2.2.2 to 2.3.6 and have problems
	with sticky windows, because they don't seem to respect
	TitleStyle any longer.

	I have defined a HGradient for ActiveUp, ActiveDown and
	Inactive. It works perfectly fine in 2.2.2 for sticky and
	non-sticky windows.

	In 2.3.6 it only works for non-sticky windows. For sticky
	windows, the ActiveUp/ActiveDown/Inactive settings are
	ignored.

	If I set an additional HGradient without ActiveUp/Active-
	Down/Inactive, it works if a sticky window is active,
	but if a sticky window is inactive, colors are messed up
	totally.

Repeat-By:
	My .fvwm2rc reads:

	TitleStyle      ActiveUp (HGradient 64 Orange4 Orange3) \
			ActiveDown (HGradient 64 3 Orange4 30 Orange3 45 Orange4 25 Orange3) \
			Inactive (HGradient 64 DodgerBlue4 SteelBlue3) \
			LeftJustified Height 20 -- Flat

	This works for non-sticky windows, but for sticky windows
	the three HGradient settings are ignored. If I add
	"TitleStyle HGradient 64 Orange4 Orange3" in front
	of the settings above, the HGradient additionally
	works for active sticky windows, but then the title
	for non-active sticky windows is totally screwed up.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 08:07:52 +0200

> 			LeftJustified Height 20 -- Flat

Seems some flags have gone wild. If you remove the 'LeftJustified' bit
the gradients work again. I have made a quick patch in the development
sources, but more work has to be done.

To patch the 2.3.6 sources:

File screen.h, replace this line:

    HOffCenter                  = (1<<4),

with this one and compile again:

    HOffCenter                  = (1<<12),

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]