Subject: fvwm2:TrueColor Viusal

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:41:55 +0200

I got an off line bug report from Christian Wiedholz. he had trouble
putting this in Jitterbug. For bug #1 there are two gifs attached.

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:16:24 +0200
Subject: Re: fvwm2:TrueColor Viusal
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

OS: Solaris 2.5.1
fvwm version: 2.3.7  (fvwm-snap-19990824)

1. True color visual
There seems to be a difference in display of icons like the xemacs-icon
when starting fvwm2 without any options and with "-visual TrueColor".
When using the latter option, borders of the icons (for the shadow) are
missing.

2. Icons disappear
>From time to time icons of iconized windows disappear. I'm not quite
sure when, maybe after a restart. I couldn't reproduce that behavior.
However these windows can be accessed via the window list.

Ciao,

Christian

-- 
             ///            \/               \\\ 
            ( ..)          (..)             (.. )
---------o00-(_)-00o-----o0-()-0o--------o00-(_)-00o-------------

  CHRISTIAN WIEDHOLZ

  Infineon Technologies: IT CMD DSP
    Balanstr. 73        mailto:[email-masked]
    81541 Muenchen      phone: +49 (0)89 / 234-28740
      Germany
-----------------------------------------------------------------

----- End forwarded message -----

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:48:12 +0100

> When using the latter option, borders of the icons (for the shadow) are
This is a feature! When clients provide an icon bitmap if it is not a
bitmap it is assumed to be a pixmap. To display it fvwm creates a window
and copies the pixmap into the window.  Fvwm assumes that the pixmap has
the visual and colormap of the root window and so creates its icon
window with the same.  If started with the -visual option fvwm does not
allocate any colors out of the root colormap and so cannot draw the 3d
border around the icon. The result is that these icons look flat (like
icons that have an icon window provided e.g. Eterm).

Cheers,
Tim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]