Subject: Restart causes windows to shrink

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 13:55:31 -0400 (EDT)

I just upgraded to the latest CVS and did a Restart, and some of my
Emacs frames and some of my rxvts, and my Netscape were both resized to
be only one line (or pixel for Netscape) tall (width was unaffected).
Some were iconified, some weren't.  I don't see a pattern as to which
ones were resized and which weren't.

Weird.

Here's the bottom of my error log; I believe these were all generated
during/after the restart but I'm not 100% sure.

  X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
    Major opcode of failed request:  70 (X_PolyFillRectangle)
    Resource id in failed request:  0x3400013
    Serial number of failed request:  2162440
    Current serial number in output stream:  2162456
  [FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> *** internal error ***
  [FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 12, Error 2, EventType: 0
  [FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> *** internal error ***
  [FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 12, Error 2, EventType: 0
  [FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> *** internal error ***
  [FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 12, Error 2, EventType: 0
  [FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> *** internal error ***
  [FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 12, Error 2, EventType: 0
  X Server Error, Message reported is: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:26:50 -0400

Paul,

I noticed this a couple of days ago, a make clean all took care of it.

Brad

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 20 Aug 1999 15:06:26 -0400

%% Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]> writes:

  bg> I noticed this a couple of days ago, a make clean all took care of
  bg> it.

Well, I couldn't reproduce it on subsequent restarts.  I think it must
be transient.  I don't _think_ it's related to old builds, but you never
know I guess...