Subject: pager stuff

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:43:24 +0300 (IDT)

I like the 3d look of pager windows. IMHO, it may be a default.
I think they can be 3d for negative WindowBorderWidth even without
WindowColorsets specified as man page says (window back color is taken).

If the pager window is one point tall or wide, it is all hilighted (white)
or of a border color (if not 3d). Maybe it is better to paint it in the
window back color instead for this case?

Now the pager looks much better for me, but it itself is not 3d (desk and
page frames, title). It is probably a good idea to make it fully 3d
optionally.

Another thing.
This is my config (for an example purpose):

*FvwmThemeColorset 0 white green
*FvwmThemeColorset 1 red black
*FvwmThemeColorset 2 yellow blue
*FvwmThemeColorset 3 black rgb:FF/FF/D0
*FvwmThemeColorset 4 #000030 #62625a
*FvwmThemeColorset 5 #000030 #909084

*FvwmPagerColorset 0 0  
*FvwmPagerHilightColorset 0 2
*FvwmPagerBalloonColorset 0 3
*FvwmPagerWindowColorsets 4 5

I always get black on gray color instead of defined ones. Am I doing
something wrong? (latest CVS)

BTW, why WindowColorsets has no first parameter - desk, like other pager
colorset commands?

Regards,
Mikhael.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:10:22 +0100

> I like the 3d look of pager windows. IMHO, it may be a default.

Me too but backwards compatibilty wins so the default is flat.

> WindowColorsets specified as man page says (window back color is taken).

Too hard for me to do without risking color leakage.  If you dont
specify a WindowColors line FvwmOager uses the colors provided in the
M_FOCUS packet to draw the focussed window.  To make it 3d you would
have to call GetHilite & GetShadow and you should really do a free
before.

> page frames, title). It is probably a good idea to make it fully 3d

Feel free to send a patch, it won't be trivial since the outline is the
window border and making that 3d would require setting the border width
to 0, adjusting all the position calculations of the mini-windows and
finally drawing the border after every expose event.  There is also the
problem of partially off screen windows, these would sit on top of the
3d border and look bad. The only way to fix this is to create another
slightly larger window that sits beneath the desktop window and draw the
3d border in that - yuk!
> something wrong? (latest CVS)

Where do you get black/grey and what do you expect instead?

> BTW, why WindowColorsets has no first parameter - desk, like other pager

Because WindowColors doesn't and it ust the colorset version of that.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 23:49:25 +0300 (IDT)

> Where do you get black/grey and what do you expect instead?

Everywhere - windows, ballons, title. It just does not matter what colors
are specified in *FvwmThemeColorset, always #000000 on #bebebe.
Nice metal color scheme, BTW, but not exactly what I wanted. :)

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 07:17:30 -0400

> Nice metal color scheme, BTW, but not exactly what I wanted. :)

Make sure FvwmTheme is running that sounds like the result I got when it wasn't running
 
-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:45:49 +0300 (IDT)

> Make sure FvwmTheme is running that sounds like the result I got when it wasn't running

You are right. There is no problem anymore, my fault.

Regards,
Mikhael.