Subject: CVS hippo: Removed some generated files

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 08:32:27 -0500 (CDT)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	hippo	99/08/18 08:32:26

Removed files:
	utils          : fvwm-menu-directory.1 fvwm-menu-xlock.1 

Log message:
Removed some generated files

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 07:15:34 +0300 (IDT)

> Removed some generated files

I don't think that this is the right fix. It requires users to have perl
installed to generate man pages. The better way IMO is to fix their
dependences - not the actual auto-generated script, but its *.in source.

So the man pages in the question will be only auto-generated when the
corresponding source files are changed. Now only developers who modify the
perl sources are required to have perl installed.

I hope, this is also an answer to Julian Gilbey.

Anyway, Tim, you didn't update .cvsignore, so something must be done now.
I choose to readd them.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:31:50 +0100

> Anyway, Tim, you didn't update .cvsignore, so something must be done now.

You seem to have fixed the problem with the generated files fooling CVS
into thinking I had modified them so I'm happy.

Cheers,
Tim.