Subject: Re: Gnome: Bug(?)/questions (future Faq ?)

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 23:52:36 +0200

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 12:02:44PM +0200, Olivier Chapuis wrote:
> 3. Save current setup.
> I think that the following procedure show a bug somewhere.
> a) Close the session saveing the current setup with, say, a
> Gnome-Terminal on Desk 0 and Page (3,2) with a geometry of +60+10.
> b) First restart: I've got my Gnome-Terminal at the good place (D 0,
> P (3,2) geo +60+10).
> c) Close the session again but without saving the current setup.
> d) startx again: I've got a Gnome-Terminal on Desk 0, page (1,1) and
> geometry +0+0.

Mikhael, did you have a chance to lookj into this problem yet?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 01:28:22 +0300 (IDT)

> Mikhael, did you have a chance to lookj into this problem yet?

Yes.
Actually there were 4 separate problems all causing not restoring window
states. Three were fixed and one (gnome-session related) is determined and
currently fixed by a temporary hack. I am still waiting for a confirmation
from Matthias about a real fix.

So, basically this is solved or at least I am solving it.

But there has been the fifth problem introduced since then. As I have
already reported, sometimes IS_NAME_CHANGED(w) is 0, even if the window
name was already changed during start-up/restart. This causes in a rare
cases not matching windows which can cause the situation described above.

There are additional related bugs still not fixed, like: you must not
restart (for now) from non-(0,0) page under a session manager.

Regards,
Mikhael.