Subject: BuildDesktopMenus

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:52:14 +0200

Hello,

Attached to this message a perl script with its man page called
BuildDesktopMenus (in gzip format).
This srcipt sparses gnome or kde menus definitions  to build 
the corresponding fvwm 2.xx or FvwmGtk menus. The script can also
build icons and mini-icons Style for the applications of the builded
menu.
I send this script for testing. If you like it and you want to include
it in the distribution I will make a true patch to the cvs tree, debug it
more and try to correct  the english of the man page. Also, comments
are well come.

Olivier

-- 
[email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:40:25 +0300 (IDT)

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Olivier Chapuis wrote:

> This srcipt sparses gnome or kde menus definitionsto build 

Good work! This will be included in the fvwm/utils. But first I would like
to close some points regarding the script in the personal messages.

Another question.
There are several fvwm scripts creating menus. I think it is not wise to
pollute a program namespace, the scripts must be prefixed by "fvwm", for
example fvwm_make_xlock_menu or fvwmBuildXLockMenu, not BuildXLockMenu.
These scripts must have a common name scheme and common command line
arguments, like --menu-title etc. I will spend some time on this.

Any suggestions on the name scheme for scripts producing menus?
I am not even sure what verb must be used - "build", "make", "create",
"produce"? Or without a verb: fvwm_directory_menu, fvwmDesktopMenus?
I prefer the last variant.

Regards,
Mikhael.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]