Subject: Another FvwmButtons question

From: "Robert H. Ford II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 13:59:25 -0500

As the subject line says, I have another question about FvwmButtons and in
particular about Panels.

I finally got my FvwmButtons to look exactly like my FvwmWharf setup.  The only
problem I am having is that when I have a panel button defined with an "Action"
of "Function" the panel does not disappear, but if I have an "Action" of "Exec"
the panel does disappear.  The effect I am looking for is when a button is
selected, the panel will disappear.  What is expected?  Is there a way to get a
desired effect with fvwm-2.2.2?

I noticed that in version 2.3.3 there is an option called
"FvwmButtonsCloseOnSelect".  I suppose to get the effect I want I must use this
version.  I tried using this version but had some problems that I didn't have
time to deal with at that moment.  I will try it again and see what happens.

-- 
    _/_/_/     _/  _/   _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/_/_/ Robert H. Ford II
   _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/    Lucent Technologies
  _/_/_/     _/_/_/   _/_/_/       _/    _/     Bell Labs Innovations
 _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/      Naperville IL, 60566-7045
_/    _/   _/  _/   _/         _/_/_/_/_/_/     mailto:[email-masked]
                                                Voice: (630) 713-4957
__________________________________________________
|  M R spiders!                    |      |   |  |
|  M N O spiders!                  |      |   |  |
|  O S A R - C D E D B D I's?      |      |   |  |
|  Y I B, M R spiders...           |      |   *  |
|                                  *      |      |
|                                         *      |
--------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: "Robert H. Ford II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 14:25:21 -0500

> time to deal with at that moment.  I will try it again and see what happens.

Well I am now running Fvwm-2.3.3 and the "FvwmButtonsCloseOnSelect" seems to
only work if the "Action" is "Exec".  

Is there a fix to my problem.  I have a function called Find-or-Start I like to
use for most of my applications so I don't run multiple instances of these
tools, so I have a lot of buttons defined like this:

(Size 54 54,Icon pilotmanager.xpm,Action 'Function Find-or-Start PilotManager')

and (not to repeat myself to much) if I click on the button, then panel does not
close.

Also, on a restart of Fvwm-2.3.3 several of my windows do not come back.  I've
seen e-mail about this but didn't follow them.  I just thought I'd ask if this
was fixed.

Thank you

Bob

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 22:30:50 +0200

> only work if the "Action" is "Exec".  

The default is that it works only for 'Exec'. You probably specified
"*FvwmButtonsCloseOnSelect" for the main panel. You have to use it
while defining the panels. Please have a look at the man page too.

> seen e-mail about this but didn't follow them.  I just thought I'd ask if this

If you insist on using alpha code you should at least use the latest
release (2.3.5). Should be in the same directory where you found 2.3.3.
(ftp://ftp.hpc.uh.edu/pub/fvwm/version-2/testing).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]