Subject: Recent bugs

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:42:14 +0300 (IDT)

With the current CVS there are many problems.

Some of them are only visible when you use a SM and not on restarts,
because there are "tricks" on Restarting - if (Restarting) lines. I think
of removing some of them, so the problems will be visible on Restarts too,
even if you don't use a SM.

Ok, here are some bugs (marked by a leading star):

* Sometimes IS_NAME_CHANGED(win) flag is not set, 0 even when the name was
  changed. This causes non-matching windows on the next startup/restart.

* Usual RaiseLower problems on startup/restart - some of the windows
  always stay on the top of others, after double RaiseLower they go to
  the bottom.

* Unsynchronizing in pager view and real windows (not always related
  to the previous bug).

I think that changes on 08-Jul (plus-minus half a day) introduced some
bugs, but I am not sure.

Other recent bugs (4 days old or so), they are visible unconditionally:

* The title background of a focused sticky window is not drawn right.
  When I command Stick twice, the problems is autocorrected.
  Here is a minimal .fvwm2rc:

# ----------------------
HilightColor    #000030 #909084

# You can use any pixmaps
TitleStyle      LeftJustified \
        ActiveUp (TiledPixmap /usr/local/icons/rose.xpm) \
        Inactive (TiledPixmap /usr/local/icons/rose-inactive.xpm)

Style "Fvwm*"           NoTitle, Sticky, WindowListSkip, BorderWidth 5
Style "FvwmConsole"     Title, WindowListHit

Style   "*"     Color #000030/#62625a
Style   "*"     MWMButtons

FvwmConsole
Exec xterm
# ----------------------

  The pixmap for FvwmConsole title was not drawn for ages now (why?), but
  at least the background color was right, with the recent changes it is
  never highlighted. When you comment MWMButtons line, all seems to be ok.

* Resize your window to be narrow enough that not all buttons are visible.
  Watch part of the title drawn instead of the right window border
  corresponding to the title.

Regards,
Mikhael.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]