Subject: Problem with Warp+Focus

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:12:41 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Larry Gensch
Version: [FVWM][main]:  Fvwm Version 2.2.2 compiled on Jun  3 1999 at 08:44:48

CVS_Date: 
OS: Tru64 Unix 5.0
X_Server: X11R6.3
Submission from: (NULL) (192.208.46.33)

(I haven't verified this behavior on my home system, by the way).

In my .fvwm2rc file, I have the following lines:

Key KP_Enter	A	N	warp-to "Netscape"

DestroyFunc	"warp-to"
AddToFunc	"warp-to" \
  "I"	Next [$0] Focus-and-Warp

DestroyFunc	"Focus-and-Warp"
AddToFunc	"Focus-and-Warp" \
  "I"	Iconify -1
+ "I"	Raise
+ "I"	Focus
+ "I"	WarpToWindow	50 50

The thing that I want is to cycle through all my Netscape windows using
the ENTER key on my numeric keypad.

The problem I see is when I have three Netscape windows on my screen;
two of them overlapping each other on the far left of the screen, and
the third one on the far right of the screen.

When I repeatedly press the KP_Enter key, the focus changes, as
appropriate.
However, the cursor does not always APPEAR to warp properly.  By this,
I mean, I can see the far right Netscape window with the active focus
(shown by the window decorations).  However, the mouse cursor still
appears
over one of the left windows.  If I were to jiggle the mouse slightly, the
cursor disappears and immediately reappears in the center of the focused
(right) window, where it should have been in the first place.

If I change this to cycling between three similarly configured xterm
windows, this weird mouse behavior doesn't happen; it is always drawn
correctly.

Since this happens only for Netscape windows, it is conceivable that this
could be something wierd in its widgets or programming.  I will try to
reproduce this on Linux when I get home tonight, since my .fvwm2rc files
are very similar on the two systems.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]