Subject: CVS chrisr: "commit" missed the ChangeLog again!!!

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 09:03:02 -0500 (CDT)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	chrisr	99/07/10 09:03:02

Modified files:
	modules        : ChangeLog 

Log message:
"commit" missed the ChangeLog again!!!

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 10 Jul 1999 11:46:36 -0400

%% CVS <[email-masked]> writes:

  c> Log message:
  c> "commit" missed the ChangeLog again!!!

I can't tell whether you know why this is or not, but just in case you
don't I'll tell you :)

When you run "cvs commit" it only looks for files to be committed in
your current working directory or lower (recursively), _not_ in the
entire source tree.

So, if you run it from within module/FvwmToolBar, for example, it will
only commit files in that directory or below (e.g., it won't commit
modules/ChangeLog).

To get the entire tree you need to cd back to the top of the fvwm tree.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]