Subject: Re: New bug in FvwmPager

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 08:49:38 +0100

Johan Bengtsson wrote:
> Between 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 a bug was introduced. It occurs when the pager
> tries to load a pixmap. In the current code, the pager use Scr.Pager_w
> as parent to the pixmaps. A this time the Scr.Pager_w does not exist,
> since it is created after the configuration has been read. I have
> attached a Q&D fix for this problem to this mail.

Thanks for the bug report, unfortunately the patch won't work if
FvwmPager is using a non-root visual (fvwm was started with the -visual
option).  I'll work on a way of reordering things so the top-level
window is created before the pixmaps.  I've got the same problem with
FvwmWharf.

Cheers,
Tim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 10:54:17 +0100

> > tries to load a pixmap. In the current code, the pager use Scr.Pager_w

I think I've fixed this now, could you try it our please?

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Johan Bengtsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 12:56:54 +0200 (CEST)

> I think I've fixed this now, could you try it our please?

Ahh. Now it works again. :-)

I can't try it using another visual than the default though, since my
X-server doesn't have multiple visuals.

I have been working on another (more complicated) fix for this
problem, that changes how backgrounds are handled altogether and where 
the pixmaps are loaded on demand. I'll post it when it is finished if
you are interested.

	 / Johan

---

From: Johan Bengtsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 18:07:49 +0200 (CEST)

> the pixmaps are loaded on demand. I'll post it when it is finished if

Now I finished it. I have tested it with both color and pixmap
backgrounds for all three modes of operation (normal, iconified and
current desk only).

    / Johan

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 01:41:41 +0200

> backgrounds for all three modes of operation (normal, iconified and

Johan,

what exactly does this patch help now that the problem has
already been fixed. 'pixmaps are loaded on demand' sounds
interesting, but I don't understand what it is good for.
Can you elaborate?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]