Subject: snap attraction

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:14:15 -0400

Has anyone else noticed that the snap attraction stuff doesn't appear to
be working anymore?  I'm using current CVS and windows aren't snapping
anymore.  I'm not to familiar with that code anyone have any idea what
happened to it.

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:26:17 -0400

> anymore.  I'm not to familiar with that code anyone have any idea what

Hmm...still works for me.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:33:22 +0200

> anymore.  I'm not to familiar with that code anyone have any idea what

Are you sure this hasn't to do with the things you tried out
relating the MotionNotify problem? I had the same effect when
if put an #if 0/#endif arounf the DoSnapAttraction function
(but that's not in CVS).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 15:35:21 +0100

> Hmm...still works for me.

Works for me as long as the window being moved is insdie the screen
edges.  If it on the screen edge or slightly off-screen it fails.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:42:05 -0400

> edges.  If it on the screen edge or slightly off-screen it fails.

OK.

Now I see it fail  when the window I  want to attract to is  partially
off-screen and the window being moved is entirely on screen.

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:06:04 -0400

> off-screen and the window being moved is entirely on screen.

That seems right, I didn't really notice that what I was trying to
attract was off screen until you said it, now keep in mind it doesn't
have to be very far off screen just a pixel will break it.

So I guess I'll take a look at DoSnapAttraction

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:07:41 -0400

> if put an #if 0/#endif arounf the DoSnapAttraction function

Nope, that was the first thing I tried it seems that Dan and Tim are
right about it breaking when a window isn't fully onscreen.  As for
my fix I've running that patch since I sent it and haven't had any
troubles.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:12:51 +0200

> off-screen and the window being moved is entirely on screen.

I don't see either (I checked out an hour ago). It simply works fine.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:32:27 +0200

> I don't see either (I checked out an hour ago). It simply works fine.

Sorry. I must have made a mistake with compiling the code I checked
out. Initially only one filed was recompiled, but when I tried it
again a whole bunch of files was rebuilt. Now I see the problem too.

Bye

Dominik ^_^