Subject: Re: Notification: incoming/410

From: Chris Rankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:01:41 +1000 (EST)

> It hasn't have to be in the config file. It would be enough if
> you changed that while running fvwm.

Then wouldn't it have "fixed" itself after the first restart?

I have snatched a little while to look at tool-tips in FvwmTaskBar;
unless X is guaranteed reentrant then that call to XSendEvent() really
shouldn't be in the SIGALRM handler, but I guess it's always been
there. When did tool-tips stop working, BTW? Do they work for anybody?
(I'm just trying to think why XSendEvent should *not* suddenly manage
to get its event through.)

Cheers,
Chris.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 04:26:52 +0200

> Then wouldn't it have "fixed" itself after the first restart?

No, not necessarily. There was a change in behaviour some time.
Before the .fvwm_restart file was not deleted, afterwards it was.
If the new version find an old file it will think it is restarting
and read the file. After that the information from the file is
stored in the running fvwm and re-used untill you kill fvwm
completely.

> to get its event through.)

I believe I have seen it working a while ago, around the same time
when Tim reported that autohiding problem, but it seemed to depend
on the config file. Sorry, I can't tell you more.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]