Subject: TaskBar without applications

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:33:53 +0200

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname output: Linux snoopy.parislyon.fr 2.2.10 #1 mer jun 16 06:29:51
CEST 1999 i586 unknown
Compiler: gcc
Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2
prefix: /usr/local
sysconfdir: /usr/local/etc
libexecdir: /usr/local/libexec

FVWM Version: 2.3.5
FVWM_CONFIGDIR: unset
FVWM_MODULEDIR: /usr/local/libexec/fvwm/2.3.5
FVWM_USERHOME: unset

Hello again (or good morning),
I've got a problem with the TaskBar:
If I startx fvwm2 without any application that give raise to a "button"
in the TaskBar, then I've got a shadow button in the taskbar with the 
default mini-icon and with the title (@(@. Then, if I start an application 
foo, foo use this button and either the TaskBar Crash or works find until 
I begin to close applications, then the buttons are quite crazy. If I 
close foo, then the button do not disappear and the title begin with an
expression of the form [.]@[.]@ and the Taskbar Crash ...
I do not have this problem if I start, say xconsole, in .xinitrc and if
I do not  close it. Also, I do not have this problem with 2.3.3 (which is
very stable on my machine in general). I have this problem with the
cvs since I re-use the Taskbar (48 hours).
Yours, Olivier

PS: I am not sure that I use the good procedure to report bugs. The FAQ
says to use the web-based bug-tracking system and fvwmbug "says" to use the
fvwm-workers mailing list. Since it is a cvs bug  I use the mailing
list. If I bother you say me.

-- 
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 01:58:13 +0200

> cvs since I re-use the Taskbar (48 hours).

Can you send me a minimal config file and some instructions to reproduce
the problem? And please try to fetch me a stack trace. In the directory
with the core file type

  # gdb FvwmTaskBar core

and at the gdb prompt:

  (gdb) where

Thanks

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]