Subject: FvwmButtons

From: "Robert H. Ford II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:19:14 -0500

I am trying to make FvwmButtons look like my FvwmWharf setup using Panels.  The
problem I am having is that with FvwmWharf I can specify a xpm to be the
background of the buttons.  The xpm does not get tiled but just set as the
background for each button.

With FvwmPager I can only set a pixmap to be tiled.  I can play around with the
Size option to get the buttons near to the correct size, but then the panels
have been another story.

All of that was said just to make/ask one suggestion/question.  Will there ever
be an option to use gradient colors with FvwmButtons?  If there was I could live
without the pixmap background.

Another question.  Every time I start FvwmButtons I get the following printed to
my console:

b=0x33620, font_string=-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-8-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I've looked this up in the mailing archive, but have found no record of this.

I have one more thing to ask.  How hard would it be to add an option to
FvwmButtons telling this module what size buttons you wish to use.  For example:

FvwmButtonsSize 65 65

All buttons including Panels would then inherit a size of 65 x 65 including
titles.

While I like FvwmWharf, I wish it could Swallow the pager in more then just one
button like FvwmButtons and I wish it had the balloon option that Wharf has in
AfterStep (sorry for mentioning another WM here).  I have played with trying to
get this other WM's Wharf program ported to Fvwm2, but have had no luck so far,
but even if I did , I still would have the problem of swallowing the pager in
multiple buttons.

Thank you for all the past, present and future this group has given me.

Bob Ford II

-- 
    _/_/_/     _/  _/   _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/_/_/ Robert H. Ford II
   _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/    Lucent Technologies
  _/_/_/     _/_/_/   _/_/_/       _/    _/     Bell Labs Innovations
 _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/      Naperville IL, 60566-7045
_/    _/   _/  _/   _/         _/_/_/_/_/_/     mailto:[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:54:29 +0200

> without the pixmap background.

Not as the background for individual buttons, I guess, but very likely for
the whole button bar when we have decided to handle this default graphics
stuff (and implemented it).
 
> b=0x33620, font_string=-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-8-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

That might have something to do with the fprintf in FvwmButtons.c, function
RecursiveLoadData :-) I have removed it.

> FvwmButtons telling this module what size buttons you wish to use.  For example:

Perhaps a bit tricky, but not hard. All it would require should be to handle
the new options vs. the old geometry option and resize the window accordingly
after it is clear how many rows and columns of buttons there are.

> (sorry for mentioning another WM here).

That's okay as long as you mention it only to show fvwm's superiority ;-)

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]