Subject: KDE hints?

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Jun 1999 16:18:45 -0500

Today I ran across this:

http://www.xfce.org/en/index.html

It is FVWM based and supports KDE hints.  Perhaps there is something worth
using there.

As an aside, why does it seem that projects are always branching from FVWM
and not sending anything back to the main code?

 - J<
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 23:29:19 +0200

> and not sending anything back to the main code?

Another entry for the name game, considering the number of wms/projects
based on fvwm: 

fvwm - fertile virtual window manager

-- 
Matthias Clasen, 
Tel. 0761/203-5606
Email: [email-masked]
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 04 Jun 1999 18:42:02 -0400

%% Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]> writes:

  >> As an aside, why does it seem that projects are always branching
  >> from FVWM and not sending anything back to the main code?

  mc> Another entry for the name game, considering the number of wms/projects
  mc> based on fvwm: 

  mc> fvwm - fertile virtual window manager

Ha!  This is definitely my favourite so far :).

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 23:53:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Jason,

A while back you mentioned that you were investigating other bug tracking
systems.  Did you reach any conclusions?  

One that you had mentioned was Debian's.  I had a look at their web page,
and it sounded really nice.  I particularly like the fact that developers
can update it by email.

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

Istanbul was Constantinople,
now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople.
Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks'!

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Jun 1999 11:02:10 -0500

>>>>> "SR" == Steve Robbins <[email-masked]> writes:

SR> A while back you mentioned that you were investigating other bug
SR> tracking systems.  Did you reach any conclusions?

Not really.  I haven't seen any real contenders besides BugZilla and the
Debian system, so I'll probably install them both at some point and see
what happens.

Email maintenance is not limited to Debian's system, though.  Requiring
email is something I see as a very serious flaw in any system, though.

 - J<