Subject: StartsOnPage

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:53:28 -0400

It seems in the last week or so, about the time the restart changes
happened that StartsOnPage stopped working on startup and restarts.

I have GlobalOpts CaptureHonorsStartsOnPage, RecaptureHonorsStartsOnPage
in my rc, which always used to work when I started up fvwm2 on an
existing X server.  This is the way I always do it so I can switch
between different versions of fvwm without loosing my X session.

Previouslly when I started up all my windows would get put back in the
right places.  Now they just stay on desk 0 on the page they were on
before the restart.

At the moment I can't check to see if a restart works or if its just
a clean start issue since M4 doesn't get rerun when I use the restart
function anymore.

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 10:41:37 -0400

Brad Giaccio wrote:
> existing X server.
> ... Now they just stay on desk 0 on the page they were on before the
> restart.

	Oops! Looks like I broke this while trying to fix the other wandering
windows on Restart/Recapture problems. I'll look into this - I may have
to re-think the whole thing.

> a clean start issue...

	If I recall correctly what I did, you should have the same problem with
restarts.

- Bob