Subject: CVS steve: Created libtool branch.

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 21:16:07 -0500 (CDT)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	steve	99/06/06 21:16:06

Modified files:
	.              : Tag: libtool ChangeLog configure.in 
	fvwm           : Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	libs           : Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmAnimate: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmAudio: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmAuto: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmBacker: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmBanner: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmButtons: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmCommand: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmConsole: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmCpp: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmDebug: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmEvent: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmForm: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmGtk: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmIconBox: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmIconMan: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmIdent: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmM4 : Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmPager: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmRearrange: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmSave: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmSaveDesk: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmScript: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmScroll: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmTalk: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmTaskBar: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmWharf: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmWinList: Tag: libtool Makefile.am 
	utils          : Tag: libtool Makefile.am 

Log message:
Created libtool branch.

This branch is for experimenting with libtool support, which allows
easy generation of a shared libfvwm.

Check out this branch with "cvs checkout -r libtool fvwm" or
"cvs update -r libtool" from currently-checked out sources.

You need libtool (see www.gnu.org) installed to use this branch.

Shared libraries are off by default, use --enabled-shared to build (&
install) shared libfvwm.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 22:22:52 -0400 (EDT)

> "cvs update -r libtool" from currently-checked out sources.

Additional note:

After the checkout, run "libtoolize" in the top-level of the source tree
before building.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:15:46 -0600

> Created libtool branch.

What kind of library is that?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 09:17:08 -0400 (EDT)

> What kind of library is that?

It ain't a library, it's a TOOL to *create* libraries -- shared libraries
in particular -- in a portable way.  Think of it as "automake for shared
libraries".  

You can find the links on www.gnu.org. 

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

The revolution will not be televised.