Subject: Man Pages

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 19:25:16 +0200

Hello,

I have recently mad a perl script to produce a book (in .tex) from
the fvwm2 man pages (and the FAQ ...etc.).

I have noticed a few formatting misprints in fvwm2, Animate, Command, 
ConsoleC and Event manual pages. I have attached a tar.gz file which
contains patch for these misprints for the 2.2.2 version (some of
these misprints are also in the 2.3.3). 
IMVHO the fvwm2manpatch "need" to be applied: at one point the words
".fvwm2rc" does not appear on the formatting page (with e.g., xman of
XFree86-3.3.3.1 and man-1.5d-3); the same thing happen one time with 
".Xdefaults" (this is because these words are at the beginning of a line). 
One can found these misprints in the 2.3.3 version.
The others patches are mostly "cosmetical" ...

Yours, Olivier

-- 
[email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 02:27:14 +0200

> The others patches are mostly "cosmetical" ...

Thanks for the effort. Could you please make a patch for 2.3.3 or preferably
for one of the current development snapshots? The will most likely be no
2.2.3 release since we are closing in on 2.4 now.

Thank you and Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:00:14 +0200

Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > [snip]

Hello,
OK, I have take the cvs. Maybe I need one week to do a good job: since
you seem interested I will do a new check for formatting misprints
(via my manpages2book.pl).
Yours, Olivier

PS1: Do not worry I will not try to correct english misprint :o)  

PS2: I follow the instruction to get the cvs tree. When I run
autoreconf, automake says "install-sh, mkdirinstall, missing, file
not found". Is this normal ?
(After I took the above files from 2.3.3 and every things run ok).

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 11:17:58 +0200

> not found". Is this normal ?

Yes. You have to run automake with the '--add-missing' option first.
It will then generate the necessary files.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]