Subject: X hangs dragging gnome menu's

From: TG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 18:53:57 +0200

I recently tried out fvwm-2.3.3, but I noticed dragging a gnome menu
from top to bottom causes an enormous slowdown in X. It completely hangs
for a minute or two before I can continue working. I switched to a
virtual console and found out X consumes up to 90% CPU time.

The problem starts just when the menubar is dragged over the exact
position te be released. As long the bar moves downwards there is no
problem yet. Moving the bar from bottom to top has the same problem.

OS: Redhat 6.0 linux i386
XServer: XFree86_S3  3.3.3.1
configure options: --enable-gnome
gnome-libs-1.0.8-8
tested gnome apps: gmix-1.0.1, gnomecal-1.0.7

fvwm-2.2 doesn't have the problem.

BTW, wouldn't it be useful to print the configure options together with
version info when I'd type "fvwm2 -version"? (just like my vim does)

Kind greetings,

Tung

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]