Subject: Restart/Recapture - one mo' bug

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 20:27:24 -0400

Something is still not quite right in the relationships among the new
Restart logic, the change desk/viewport logic, and the Recapture logic.

	If you do a Restart from somewhere other than desk 0, page 0,0, then
when you do a Recapture the windows will start migrating to unwanted
places, some of them unviewable. They remain on the correct desk, but
they seem to move to a page to the left of or above where they should
be.

	Until you do that non-0,0,0 Restart, everything is fine.

	This *was not* introduced by Matthias' latest fix - he just made the
non-0,0,0 Restart actually work. I was able to duplicate this with a
version from a few days ago when it wasn't working - I just hadn't tried
it before today.

	I need to test this a little more - I'm not sure whether the windows
arbitrarily move by a page in either direction, or maybe there's a
relationship to how many pages in the positive x,y direction your
location is when you do the Restart.

- Bob
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 20:55:36 -0400

Bob Woodside wrote:
> places....

	Ok, a couple more tests show the following:

	1) The windows are all displaced negatively by the number of pages in
the positve x,y direction at which you're located when you do the
Restart.

	2) It's a one-time thing - subsequent Recaptures don't continue moving
the windows (unless you do another non-0,0,0 Restart).

- Bob

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 11:49:17 -0400

Bob Woodside wrote:
> places...

> The windows are all displaced negatively by the number of pages in the
> positve x,y direction at which you're located when you do the Restart.

	So...it seems that we've introduced a discrepancy between the
saved/restored Restart information about client window positions and
where they actually are, when you do the Restart from a non-0,0 page.

	I've found that if I shuffle the code in Done() around a bit, forcing a
MoveViewport back to 0,0 (and the Reborder) to occur *after* the
RestartInSession call (obviously, I'm not using a session manager), then
everything works fine. On restarting, we hop back to the proper page,
and Recaptures leave everything in the right spot. I'm not proposing
this as the solution; it just shows where the discrepancy lies.

	I'm not sure what needs to be adjusted to clean this up. Matthias - any
ideas?

- Bob