Subject: Notification: incoming/402

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:15:55 -0500 (CDT)

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/402

Message summary for PR#402
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: Titlebard pixmap problems
	Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:15:53 -0500 (CDT)
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 14:03:31 +0200

> When using tiled pixmaps in windowborders, combined with mouse focus or
> sloppy focus,
> the initial border pixmap doesn't seem to get drawn until the window first
> obtains 
> focus.  I have tried this with ClicktoFocus, and the problem did not
> occur.
> 
> I can provide more detailed setup information if requested via email.

Could you please send me your complete fvwm configuration file?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Robert Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 12:39:30 -0400

Quoth Dominik Vogt on 26 Jun, 1999:

> > sloppy focus, the initial border pixmap doesn't seem to get drawn until 
> > the window first obtains focus.  I have tried this with ClicktoFocus, and
> > the problem did not occur.
> > 

Attached to this message.  Let me know if I may provide anything else.

--
Robert C. Jones    \  Home Page: http://www.chaotika.net/
--------------------\  Public Key: http://www.chaotika.net/public.asc
[email-masked]  \  "If stupidity were illegal, there would be
[email-masked] \   a prison on every street corner." - me

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 02:40:56 +0200

> Attached to this message.  Let me know if I may provide anything else.

Yes, I see that there is something strange, but I'm not quite sure what
the correct behaviour is:

When I use the BorderStyle command but no TitleStyle, newly created windows
use the pixmap only for the border, not the title bar. But when the border
gets redrawn for the first time, the pixmap is applied to the titlebar too
(may work only with sloppy/mouse focus and when the windows don't map under
the pointer). But isn't the bug that the BorderStyle is applied to the title
at all? Does anybody know this better than me?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Robert Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:47:03 -0400

> at all? Does anybody know this better than me?

Argh.. I was using Pixmap and not TiledPixmap in my TitleStyle statements.  I
can't believe I let that slip by. :(  So why was it even working at all?