Subject: FvwmIconMan SEGV

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:14:20 +0100

Jason,
	Any idea how to fix this bounce?

Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:10:36 +0100 (BST)

The original message was received at Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:09:35 +0100 (BST)
from tazmo [194.202.174.12]

   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email-masked]>

   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to fvwm.org.:
>>> RCPT To:<[email-masked]>
<<< 550 <[email-masked]>... Relaying denied
550 <[email-masked]>... User unknown

Subject: Re: FvwmIconMan won't start
From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:09:35 +0100

Brad Giaccio wrote:
> As of 6/28 CVS IconMan won't start up I get a SEGV on a XQueryColor in

It looks like it is trying the allocate colors before it reads any
configuration in. I've added in a hack that initializes the color lookup
routines early on in the startup, could you test this to see if it
works?  If it does I think we should add a bug report that FvwmIconMan
may use up unessary colors.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:36:12 -0400

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 02:14:20PM +0100, Tim Phipps wrote:

> configuration in. I've added in a hack that initializes the color
> lookup routines early on in the startup, could you test this to see
> if it works?  If it does I think we should add a bug report that
> FvwmIconMan may use up unessary colors.
>
> Cheers, Tim.

Well it does work fine, I'm not quite sure why it allocate colors to
early.  Because it has already read it resources before I crash, using
read_in_resources, then it calls X_init_manager to actually set things
up, and that is where I segv.

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Jun 1999 09:45:30 -0500

>>>>> "TP" == Tim Phipps <[email-masked]> writes:

TP> Any idea how to fix this bounce?

Your MTA doesn't report enough useful information, but from checking all of
my connection lots it seems to me like your mail server is completely
ignoring the fact that there's an MX for fvwm.org and delivering straight
to the machine of that name instead (which simply won't work):

XYX:karazm:~> host fvwm.org
fvwm.org has address 129.7.128.51
fvwm.org mail is handled (pri=0) by Karazm.math.uh.edu

If you connect to 129.7.128.51, as your MTA is doing, you won't get mail
through.  That's why there's an MX record.

To fix it, get your company to fix its mail system.

 - J<