Subject: size constraining not restrictive enough

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:14:05 +0200

I have noticed that the ConstrainSize function prefers to limit a
window to a size a few pixels larger than the maximum allowed size.
I vaguely remember a discussion about that, but I don't know what
was decided on this matter. Matthias, I think you had the best
knowledge about that.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:19:36 +0200

Dominik, grepping through ChangeLog gives

1999-05-07  Matthias Clasen  <[email-masked]>

	* fvwm/move_resize.c (ConstrainSize): make sure to stay within
	min and max.

	* fvwm/add_window.c (GetWindowSizeHints):
	fix the fix to silently accept min width zero,
	reject any negative values in aspect ratios, scale the aspect
	ratios to be <= 65536 to avoid overflows in ConstrainSize.
	(gcd): removed.

So I at least tried to solve this. (IIRC, I inserted the "step 2a")

-- 
Matthias Clasen, 
Tel. 0761/203-5606
Email: [email-masked]
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]