Subject: need your input on menu issues

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 23:02:41 +0200

I'd like to discuss several topics regarding menus. There are some
relics of old code for compatibility reasons I would like to remove.

 1) SeparatorsLong vs. SeparatorsShort

    Did anybody ever notice the difference between these two?
    I'd like to remove them completely and use the long
    separators always. I might be willing to replace them
    with a '%_' bit in the ItemFormat if it's really
    necessary.

 2) Hilight3DThick/Hilight3DThin/Hilight3DOff (made obsolete
    by Hilight3DThickness)

    We could removed the first three in favour of
    Hilight3DThickness. Would save about 50 bytes or so.

 3) PopupAsRootMenu and PopupAsSubmenu.

    I believe nobody ever liked the PopupAsRootmenu behaviour
    and removing the option would spare us a good chunk of hard
    to maintain position hints code.

Any comments on if I should remove any of these candidates?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tomas Ogren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 17:10:23 +0200

>     Did anybody ever notice the difference between these two?

A few pixels..

>     separators always.

I like the long ones too..
Ok to change for me.

>     Hilight3DThickness. Would save about 50 bytes or so.

Ok with me.

>     to maintain position hints code.

Ok with me.

/Tomas - finally got time to update to current cvs
-- 
Tomas Ögren, [email-masked], http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå
`- Sysadmin at {cs,ing,acc}.umu.se
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]