Subject: Slow response times on Solaris 2.6 system

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 05:21:46 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: George Beckett
Version: 2.2.2
CVS_Date: 
OS: solaris 2.6
X_Server: solaris 2.6
Submission from: (NULL) (130.159.240.60)

Starting new applications such as Emacs or Matlab in fvwm is slow in
comparison
to other window managers s.a. mwm or even CDE-dtwm. This is generally not
a
problem as the timing difference is a couple of seconds for most apps.,
and
once a programme has started it runs at normal speed. However, one
particularly
severe example that I have found involves changing fonts in Emacs using 
[Mule][Set Font/Fontset][...some font other than default...] in which it
can
take over a minute to change font. This command is instantaneous using mwm
or CDE. I have tried both running fvwm using 'startx' and running it on
top
of CDE. In both cases, the problem persists. 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]