Subject: Re: 2.2.2 and multibyte

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 12:20:57 +0200

> 
> 4. I think  the patch  submitter  made some comment about  "fontlists"
> being the "right" way to solve this.  This goes right  over my head (I
> don't  know anything about  fontlists  or how  this applies).  But  if
> there's a  right way and a  wrong way, I want  to do it the right way.
> Since I don't understand this issue, I may have this compeletely mixed
> up, but I think I need to read up on  Internationalization if there is
> an issue here.
> 

IIRC, he spoke about "fontsets" which is the term used in Xlib documentation.
The patch he sent did replace the fonts we use now by fontsets. If we speak
about doing it right or wrong, I think the right way would be to abstract
all font operations in a single file lib/font.c or something and aim at
only introducing I18N ifdefs there. 

Matthias

-- 
Matthias Clasen, 
Tel. 0761/203-5606
Email: [email-masked]
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]