Subject: Re: 2.3.2 - Eterm & Icon Inconsistencies

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:58:55 +0200

On Sat, May 08, 1999 at 03:14:33AM -0700, Amir Chossrow Akhavan wrote:
> Hi again!
> 
> And another little bug(?):
> I found in the last fvwm2-snapshot (May 7 1999), that although
> individual styles can be assigned to programs based on their 
> name/resource, this is not necessarily true for the icon name (and thus,
> icon).
> Specifically, there seems to be a problem with Eterms, other terminals 
> seem to work fine.
> 
> If I use a synthax like the following, the Eterms simply get their
> "default" gnome/Eterm-icon as if I didn't define anything for them, 
> whereas xterm, nxterm, rxvt, and gnome-terminal behave as they are told.
> The settings for window decorations work ok, though.

That's because Eterm tells fvwm which window to use instead of an icon.
Usualy applications use their own icon windows if they want to draw into
the icon themselves (like biff or xterm with an active icon). So the
(in my eyes) proper behaviour for fvwm is to always honour this hint.
But Eterm enforces its icon in this way instead of giving a icon
pixmap hint instead. I consider this an Eterm bug. However you can
change the icon with the --icon option to Eterm.

> In addition to that, the Eterm icon jumps around occasionally.

Never seen that.

> BTW, everything worked fine in the 1.May snapshot of 2.3.2.

Yes, the code changed back and forth a couple of times.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]