Subject: Re: 2.2.2 status

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 Jun 1999 23:46:36 -0500

>>>>> "DE" == Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:

DE> It my understanding that files in the upload area are "write
DE> only". Tests show that this is so.  Otherwise Jason would be running a
DE> bulletin board for the whole internet.

Actually it would be more of a "pr0n and warez" site.  This has actually
happened to me on more than one occasion, which explains why the pain is
necessary.
-- 
Jason L Tibbitts III - [email-masked] - 713/743-3486 - 660PGH - 94 PC800
   System Manager:  University of Houston Department of Mathematics 
         "You'll see the blood as we roll in it together..."
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 Jun 1999 23:48:31 -0500

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> Of course, but if there is a misunderstanding between Jason and whoever
DV> uploads the file this can happen.

Newer FTP servers do support email notification of uploads so nobody has to
remind me.  Unfortunately ftp.fvwm.org isn't running one of those.  The new
machine will be, once I can devote a bit of time to it.
-- 
Jason L Tibbitts III - [email-masked] - 713/743-3486 - 660PGH - 94 PC800
   System Manager:  University of Houston Department of Mathematics 
         "You'll see the blood as we roll in it together..."
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]