Subject: CVS drbob: Fixed wandering windows on Restart/Recapture.

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 16:35:57 -0500 (CDT)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	drbob	99/06/09 16:35:56

Modified files:
	.              : ChangeLog 
	fvwm           : fvwm.c placement.c 

Log message:
Fixed wandering windows on Restart/Recapture.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 21:51:21 -0400

> Fixed wandering windows on Restart/Recapture.

	Brad, this should fix your broken StartsOnPage options. I had gotten a
little over-enthusiastic in making sure that windows didn't switch pages
on a Restart/Recapture.

	The other part of this change fixes the page migration on the first
Recapture following a Restart done from a non-0,0 page. For now, it does
so by doing a MoveViewport back to page 0,0 when restarting - once the
new instance of FVWM starts up, the viewport is then switched back to
the proper place.

	I'm not totally satisfied with this solution, but I haven't been able
to work out the other approach (changing the startup logic to adjust for
the discrepancy), and I was even less satisfied with those peripatetic
windows.

	If anyone finds the switch back to 0,0 during Restart annoying, please
let me know.

- Bob

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:10:40 -0600

> 	If anyone finds the switch back to 0,0 during Restart annoying, please

I do find it annoying, but I can live with it. I rarely restart from
a page different from 0 0. Don't spend time on this unless many people
start complaining.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:33:31 -0400

On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 12:10:40PM -0600, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> >     Brad, this should fix your broken StartsOnPage options. I had
> > gotten a little over-enthusiastic in making sure that windows didn't
> > switch pages on a Restart/Recapture.

Bob, perfect just the way I like it.  Why is it I always get singled out
on these StartsOnPage problems?  Oh well as long as its fixed thanks.

> >
> >     The other part of this change fixes the page migration on the
> > first Recapture following a Restart done from a non-0,0 page. For
> > now, it does so by doing a MoveViewport back to page 0,0 when
> > restarting - once the new instance of FVWM starts up, the viewport
> > is then switched back to the proper place.
> >
> >     I'm not totally satisfied with this solution, but I haven't been
> > able to work out the other approach (changing the startup logic to
> > adjust for the discrepancy), and I was even less satisfied with
> > those peripatetic windows.
> >
> >     If anyone finds the switch back to 0,0 during Restart annoying,
> > please let me know.
>
> I do find it annoying, but I can live with it. I rarely restart from a
> page different from 0 0. Don't spend time on this unless many people
> start complaining.
>

Wow Dominik, you are a much braver man than I, doing restart from non
0,0.  Thats all I need for something to go wrong and then spend the next
hout putting all my windows back in the proper place.  So as you may
have gest the change doesn't bother me any.

Brad

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]