Subject: FvwmIconMan

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 09:26:35 -0700

So for about two years, there's been this feature that I've wanted to
have working in FvwmIconMan. It was to have a single list of the
windows in my viewport and a second list of all the other windows.
This is referenced in the first paragraph of the manpage (well, I
inferred that I could have one of each at the same time...).

Anyway, I've finally written a patch that does this. To make it happen
I hacked handling of alias module names back into FvwmIconMan, and
then hijacked the function win_in_viewport to respond to two new
resolution types, "!desk" and "!page".

The trouble is, I think that this really isn't the Right Thing to do,
but given the way FvwmIconMan's designed, what I want to do (which I
think is pretty piddling) isn't really do-able without some major
redesign.

What do you think? I've dumped a copy of the patch at
http://www.best.com/~mikehan/iconman.diff
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
Why do we still live here in this repulsive town? All our friends are in New
York." Stephen Merritt
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]