Subject: Re: Icon's change

From: Amir Chossrow Akhavan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 13:05:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

>Also I've just restarted after a new cvs compile and it looks like shape
>extentions didn't work properly.  I've looked through the changelog and
>I didn't see anything that would have fit this so I have to assume it's
>a bug or something.  All my icons have backgrounds and look as if they
>are in a box and have window shading and hilights.  I've check my
>configure logs and shape says yes.  I haven't changed anything in the
>way of libs since 2.3.4 a few days ago when all was fine.  I this is a
>new feature like icon backs or something is there configuration with it
>as well?
>
>The cvs grab is only about 2 hours old.

I see the same effect. 
The transparency/shape-function for icons is broken completely.
This change was documented (CVS Hippo), although as an enhancement ;)

But not only, e.g. for 

# xdaliclock -transparent

the background area (starting black) is not updated, so if you move 
a window over the clock you can see parts of that window as 
"background" for xdaliclock. 
I should mention that I use Esetroot.

In fact, client supplied icon bitmaps are (still - I never had a 
problem with that) drawn correctly. 

Amir

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 17:14:12 -0400

Amir Chossrow Akhavan wrote:
> > extentions didn't work properly.... All my icons have backgrounds and
> > look as if they are in a box and have window shading and hilights.
> >

	Yow! I see it too. Ug-leee!

> This change was documented (CVS Hippo), although as an enhancement ;)

	Eh???  :-)

- Bob