Subject: wm-spec list

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Jun 1999 10:26:48 -0500

I saw this on LinuxToday; I'll probably join but I won't really be able to
comment intelligently.  Does anyone else here have the time to follow this
list?

 The Window Manager Spec needs revision. We want to make it a
 desktop-neutral specification, used by KDE, XFCE, and anyone else who
 wants to use it. There's already been some movement in this direction;
 Miguel has spoken with Raster about it, and I believe KDE is in on it
 too. A common spec will improve interoperability (mix-and-match pagers,
 etc.) and ease the maintenance burden on window manager authors. Window
 managers could even use the spec to implement their native pagers.

 Anyway, if you know about window managers and hints, or you maintain a
 window manager, please subscribe to the mailing list:

 [email-masked] 

 Mail [email-masked] with 'subscribe' in the subject. 

 This list needs to have excellent signal-to-noise ratio so WM maintainers
 will stay on it; please, if you don't hack window managers, don't even
 subscribe. The list will be archived on www.gnome.org with the other
 lists. Let's hope these guys can reach a consensus and give us a nice spec
 to work with.

 It would be nice to get people from X.org or people who've worked on the
 Motif hints or other original X stuff involved here as well.

 - J<
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 19:57:43 -0600

>  Motif hints or other original X stuff involved here as well.

OK, I have subscribed to this list.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]