Subject: Notification: incoming/373

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 02:17:52 -0500 (CDT)

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/373

Message summary for PR#373
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: Configuring for readline
	Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 02:17:50 -0500 (CDT)
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 23:49:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999 [email-masked] wrote:

> I con not get configure to use my installed version of readline 4.0.
> Readline is
> installed in a non standard location (same as where fvwm was headed).

Can you send me both the full command line for configure and the full
config.log file.  Thanks.
 
> First configure does one check which passes: (from log)

The check cannot have succeeded.  If it had, the second check would not
occur.

> Also I think the readline related options to configure are confusing:
> --with-readline-library=PATH: What is PATH? The directory readline is in?
> The path
> to the actual file?...
> --with-readline-includes=DIR: What is DIR? Obviously a directory but with
> or without
> "/readline" at the end?...

Er, well, the "--help" strings are meant to be reminders, not the primary
documentation.  Does the INSTALL.fvwm file clarify things?  If not, can
you suggest improvements?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]