Subject: Transparent SidePics broken

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:17:55 -0400

While I was playing around with my desktop to try to come up with a
decent screenshot, I found that MenuStyle SidePic not longer works with
an xpm that has a transparent background. It looks as though the whole
xpm is treated as transparent; i.e., all you see is a rectangle of the
SideColor.

	On a couple of my menus I've been using a side pic called
side.fvwm99.xpm, that somebody (I forget who at the moment) sent to the
list a while back. I made a new version with the transparent color
edited to a solid color, and it works fine. I'm guessing, therefore,
that the problem is in some of the recent graphics changes rather than
in the menu code, per se.

	Has anyone else seen this problem?

Cheers,
Bob
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 00:23:57 +0200

> in the menu code, per se.

Uh, can anybody else look at the code? I don't know how to do that
(paint_sidepic() in menus.c).

> 	Has anyone else seen this problem?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:24:33 +0100

> (paint_sidepic() in menus.c).

The clip origins aren't set, fixed now.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:55:24 -0600

> The clip origins aren't set, fixed now.

Don't they default to zero if you don't specify them?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:00:01 +0100

> Don't they default to zero if you don't specify them?

Probably but you're not copying to (0,0).  The clipping is done on the
destination pixels not the source so you have to set the clip origin to
the destination of the XCopyArea().

Cheers,
Tim.