Subject: reporting a <<WARNING>>

From: jason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 21:07:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

  I'm running 2.3.2, and I get the message:

[FVWM][GetWindowSizeHints]: <<WARNING>> X11Amp window 0x4800009 has broken size hints
Please report this to [email-masked]

in the fvwm log file I keep.  A little experimentation shows that I get
this message only when I un-shade it.  It doesn't appear when the window
shades, just when it un-shades.  And I don't mean fvwm's shade, but its
own internal "shade" function which can be activated, for example, by
double-clicking the "titlebar" (not fvwm's titlebar, since it's
NoTitle'd).  I'm running x11amp 0.9-beta1.1.  My x11amp style:

Style "x11amp*" BorderWidth 0, HandleWidth 0, NoTitle, WindowListSkip, \
                Sticky, SmartPlacement, Icon x11amp-icon17.xpm

I tried out the latest snapshot, fvwm-snap-19990521.tar.gz, but that
didn't fix the problem.

I also want to say that I think 2.3.x is progressing nicely -- I like the
new shaded and beveled window borders, and smart placement of my 
full-screen windows (like Netscape) aren't barely off the screen by the
border width anymore, which means I don't have to adjust those windows
when they pop up.  I never realized how annoying it was, until I didn't
have to do it anymore.  :-)

Thanks, and keep up the great work,
-jason

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]