Subject: 2.3.2 - Eterm & Icon Inconsistencies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 22:03:36 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Amir C. Akhavan
Version: 2.3.2
CVS_Date: May 7, 1999
OS: RH Linux 5.2, Kernel 2.2.6
X_Server: XFree86 3.3.3.1-1
Submission from: (NULL) (128.218.119.104)

Hi folks & gurus!

I found in the last fvwm2-snapshot (May 7 1999), that although
individual styles can be assigned to programs based on their 
name/resource, this is not necessarily true for the icon name (and thus,
icon).
Specifically, there seems to be a problem with Eterms, other terminals 
seem to work fine.

If I use a synthax like the following, the Eterms simply get their
"default" gnome/Eterm-icon as if I didn't define anything for them, 
whereas xterm, nxterm, rxvt, and gnome-terminal behave as they are told.
The settings for window decorations work ok, though.

In addition to that, the Eterm icon jumps around occasionally.

BTW, everything worked fine in the 3.May snapshot.

from my .fvwm2rc file:

AddToMenu Terminals
+ "gterm"    exec gnome-terminal --title=gterm
+ "xterm"    exec xterm
+ "Eterm TT" exec Eterm --title TT -n TT -t terminal_l
+ "Eterm CT" exec Eterm --title CT -n CT --iconic --trans -t CRYSTAL
+ "Telnet"   exec xterm -name "telnet" -e telnet

# Styles for various terminals
Style "gterm"      Icon t_gterm.xpm, NoIconTitle, SmartPlacement
Style "xterm"      Icon t_term.xpm, NoIconTitle, SmartPlacement
Style "TT"         Icon t_mon.xpm, NoIconTitle, SmartPlacement
Style "CT"         Icon t_gterm.xpm, NoIconTitle, SmartPlacement,
BorderWidth 0, NoHandles, NoTitle
Style "telnet"	   Icon t_connection.xpm, SmartPlacement, Color
white/#5668a2

For "CT" FvwmIdent gives:
Name: CT
Icon Name: CT
Class: Eterm
Resource: CT

It doesn't help if I define a style "Eterm" or "Eterm-0.8.8", or just start
Eterm from a shell 
as "Eterm &". I always get this (damned ;) ) Eterm-icon. 
Guess it has something to do with Gnome-complience, although no Gnome
program shows 
this behaviour, only Eterm...

Glibc2.0, Gnome 1.0 is installed, the Gnome panel is running under fvwm2. 
Color Depth 24/32 bit.

thanx, 
Amir

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]