Subject: 2.3.2 - FvwmButtons gives Pixel Trash

From: Amir Chossrow Akhavan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 03:17:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again!

The FvwmButtons module that worked fine in an older fvwm2-snapshot (May 1
1999) seems to be somewhat "broken". 
The buttons/icons are not displayed properly (in fact they 
look more like pixel trash). 
The module seems to work, I can start the programs as usual by clicking on
the pixel trash, so it's obviously a "graphics only" problem.

Right now I'm just using the May,1.snapshot-version as replacement, and
that works fine. 

from my .fvwm2rc:

Style "FvwmButtons" Icon toolbox.xpm, NoTitle, Sticky, NoHandles,
BorderWidth 0

*FvwmButtonsPixmap none
*FvwmButtonsGeometry -1-218
*FvwmButtonsRows 4
*FvwmButtonsBoxSize smart
*FvwmButtonsFont -*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-10-*
*FvwmButtonsPadding 1 1

*FvwmButtons(1x1,Container(Rows 1, Columns2, Frame 1))
*FvwmButtons(Icon phone_small.xpm, Action `Exec "dialout"
/home/amir/bin/dial-out & `)
*FvwmButtons(Icon hangup_small.xpm, Action `Exec "hangup"
/home/amir/bin/ppp-off &`)
*FvwmButtons(End)

*FvwmButtons(1x1,Container(Rows 1, Columns2, Frame 1))
*FvwmButtons(Icon kde_display4.xpm, Action     \
    `Exec "E-terminal" Eterm -t UE -P
/usr/share/backgrounds/ue4small_darkbg.gif --geometry=83x50 -n ET --title
ET &`)
*FvwmButtons(Icon calculator_small.xpm, Action     \
    `Exec "KDE Calculator" kcalc &`)
*FvwmButtons(End)

*FvwmButtons(Icon speakers.xpm, Action     \
    `Exec "gmix" gmix`)

System settings

Your email addr.: [email-masked]
Your Name: Amir C. Akhavan
Subject: 2.3.2 - Eterm & Icon Inconsistencies 
FVWM version: 2.3.2
Last CVS Update: May 7, 1999
OS you are using: RH Linux 5.2, Kernel 2.2.6
X Server: XFree86 3.3.3.1-1

Color Depth: 24/32 bit
Glibc 2.0
Gnome panel is running (Gnome 1.0)

thanx, Amir

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 17:13:36 +0100

> 1999) seems to be somewhat "broken".

This might be my fault, could you try it without this line?

> *FvwmButtonsPixmap none

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:27:57 +0100

> 1999) seems to be somewhat "broken".

I've fixed the problem I had with setting the background pixmap to
"none".  Could you try a snapshot from 13th May or later (The fix didn't
make today's cut) and let us know if your problems are fixed?

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Mike Kachline <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 11:06:17 -0400 (EDT)

<snip>
> make today's cut) and let us know if your problems are fixed?
<snip>
	Tim,

	I posted a similar problem last night which just appeared on
fvwm-bug. Your fix in today's CVS *does* solve the problems which I
was having with FvwmButtons looking as if they were "scratched out".

						Thanks,
							- Mike
====================================================================
Michael Kachline CS, Georgia Institute of Technlology
[email-masked]
http://brightstar.gt.ed.net/kachline
====================================================================