Subject: CVS clasen: Restart fixes.

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 14:07:37 -0500 (CDT)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	clasen	99/05/20 14:07:37

Modified files:
	.              : ChangeLog 
	fvwm           : builtins.c icons.c events.c 

Log message:
Restart fixes.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 01:09:52 -0400

> Restart fixes.

	This may be premature, because I don't know whether you're done,
but....

	I still have the same problem with tonight's CVS - on Restart, windows
migrate to desk 0, then after a couple of more Restarts they start
migrating
to offsets (usually negative, I think) outside the virtual desktop grid
(but all on desk 0).

- Bob

---

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:40:54 +0200

With my fixes, this didn't happen for me. It may be interesting to know
if you have compiled fvwm with SESSION (as I have).

Matthias

-- 
Matthias Clasen, 
Tel. 0761/203-5606
Email: [email-masked]
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 13:14:35 +0200

> to offsets (usually negative, I think) outside the virtual desktop grid

Oops, I could reproduce this now, after checking out a fresh copy here.
My previous comment was based on running fvwm at home. Maybe I forgot to
check in some fixes. I'll investigate...

Matthias

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:56:48 -0400

> if you have compiled fvwm with SESSION (as I have).

	Yup.

- Bob

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 21 May 1999 17:07:38 -0400

>> to offsets (usually negative, I think) outside the virtual desktop grid

  mc> Oops, I could reproduce this now, after checking out a fresh copy
  mc> here.  My previous comment was based on running fvwm at
  mc> home. Maybe I forgot to check in some fixes. I'll investigate...

Just curious: why do so many people use "cvs commit file file file ...",
instead of just saying "cvs commit" with no list of files?  If you do it
the latter way, _all_ the changed files will be checked in and you'll
never forget to check in some fixes... and if you "cvs add" files when
you create them, you'll never forget to commit new files either.

Seems like almost no one here ever uses the vanilla "cvs commit", so
maybe I'm missing some important point?

Whatever, I'm just wondering...

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 15:47:53 -0700

Previously...
>maybe I'm missing some important point?

Wasn't this because of changes people *didn't* want to make getting
committed? Most importantly, the Makefile.in's with the TAR variable
flip-flopping between tar and gtar. That's the way I seem to remember
things.
-- 
[email-masked]
The Pledge of Allegiance does not end with Hail Satan
 - The collected wisdom of Bart Simpson
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 05:15:58 +0200

> you create them, you'll never forget to commit new files either.

Because it's much faster I guess.

> Whatever, I'm just wondering...

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 00:21:35 -0400 (EDT)

> flip-flopping between tar and gtar. That's the way I seem to remember

Well, if that *is* the reason, it is no longer a valid one.  No generated
files are in CVS anymore.

[Yes, I always do a naked "cvs commit"]

---

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 21:44:10 +0200

> Whatever, I'm just wondering...

I prefer it this way to avoid commiting random crap that I might
have left in other files. It also helps to enforce ChangeLog entries
for every change ( I write the cvs commit ... looking at the ChangeLog)

Matthias