Subject: Re: Notification: incoming/334

From: Amir Chossrow Akhavan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 18:38:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

Although I was able to reproduce that crash 2 times simply by restarting 
fvwm2 exactly 11 times in a row, I could only do this from within a Gnome
session.
Gnome itself is still running after fvwm2 disappeared.

If fvwm2 runs "on its own", that is, not within Gnome (although still with
a gnome panel, and exactly the same number of applications), I can't
provoce a crash (I gave up after 53 restarts... ;)  )

The core file I got has nothing to do with fvwm2 but with a crashing
Gnome quicklaunch-applet, so I can't give you further information.
Either fvwm2 simply is not restarted by itself/gnome, and doesn't crash,
or it does crash, but the core file is overwritten immediatly.
I should mention that fvwm2 is session managed in my gnome configuration.

Seems to be a Gnome thing (once again...)

I couldn't find anything unusual in my .xsession-errors file.

If you can give me a hint how to figure out if fvwm2 really crashes I will
try it out again.

> Uh! I want to make this absolutely clear: I'm *not* a native
> Swabian (and I don't want to be one ;-) ). My job forced me to
> move here a couple of years ago.

I know exactly what you mean ;) I lived in Tuebingen for 6 years.
"Interesting" experience, to use a neutral expression, 
that time I came up with this name "Schwabistan", you can guess why.

nix fuer ungut ;)
Desch Aeffle und desch Pferdle

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]