Subject: enhancement: task bar input focus

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 00:20:41 +0200

----- Forwarded message from "Sullivan N. Beck" <[email-masked]> -----

X-Mailer: exmh version 2.0.2 2/24/98
To: [email-masked]
Subject: FVWM: Feature requests
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 12:43:24 -0500
From: "Sullivan N. Beck" <[email-masked]>
Precedence: list
X-Majordomo: 1.94.jlt7

1)  I use the FvwmIconMan a lot, and one thing that I'd really like to be able
to do is place my cursor in one of the bars and then be able to type and have
the keystrokes go to the window (not necessarily on this screen).  In order to
do this, I'd need a function similar to Focus but which did NOT switch to that
screen.

As an example, I could use this to control my CD player (xmcd) from a different
page without first jumping to the page it was on.

I thought I'd give this one a shot and I created a new function (FocusRemote)
which calls the focus_remote_func (identical to focus_func except it calls
FocusOn_NoMove instead of FocusOn -- same arguments).  Then, I wrote the
FocusOn_NoMove function (basically FocusOn without any moving/raising/etc.):

void FocusOn_NoMove(FvwmWindow *t,Bool FocusByMouse)
{
  if(t == (FvwmWindow *)0)
    return;

  UngrabEm();
  SetFocus(t->w,t,FocusByMouse);
}

I thought it would be that simple... but it turns out that there are a number
of problems with it.  I'm not at all familiar with the fvwm source code (today
is the first time I've looked at it)... but if I'm missing something simple,
please let me know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sullivan Beck                      http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~sbeck/
 [email-masked]  | This space reserved for some saying demonstrating great
 PH : (352) 392-1057 | wisdom, wit, or insight.  I'll fill it in just as soon
 Fax: (352) 392-1220 | as I have any of the above.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- End forwarded message -----
--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]