Subject: 2.4

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 02:25:04 +0200

[Let's make this a new thread]

Paul (PDS) suggested to make a 2.4 release fast (for GNOME support)
and I tend to agree with him. This time I don't want to participate
in the beta phase personally for two reasons. The first is that I
need a break, the second is that I want some time to think about
some new features and try to implement them. Therefore I'd like to
make a development branch as soon as the first 'real' beta is
labeled.

---

Then there are the 2.2.1 and the I18N_MB releases. Who will take
charge of these?

 1) 2.2.1 release: Steve volunteered

 2) I18N_MB release: ???

Steve, can you handle the I18N_MB release too?

---

After the release there are two big issues:

 3) KDE support.

 4) Integrating I18N_MB support in a cleaner way into the
    main trunk.

Who feels able to take care of one of these? Steve, Paul, Dan,
(...?), what about you, do you have time for I18N_MB? And Matthias,
what would you think about hacking in KDE support? [I just wrote
down the names that popped up in my mind first, so if one of you
doesn't think he's the right person or if anybody else thinks he
should be mentioned here, ...]

---

And again there's the question of the 'pumpking'. In the last weeks
we didn't take that seriously. We agreed this to be a good idea and
I need a decision now. I won't do it this time. Period. Paul (PDS),
Jason, since you two seem to be the folks with the clearest vision
of 2.4, may I request one of you to take this responsibility? Well,
you probably won't accept this Jason, so it comes down to you, Paul.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]