Subject: unnecessary Notification: incoming/... messages

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 11:59:56 +0200

> FVWM Bug Tracking notification
> 
> new message incoming/...
> 
> Message summary for PR#...
> 	From: ...
> 	Subject: ...
>... 

These messages are bugging me for quite a while now. At home (Linux) I get
one message for every incoming bug, but at work (HP-UX) I get a separate
message 'Notification: incoming/...'. On both systems I'm using mutt. What
can I do to fix this?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 May 1999 10:46:41 -0500

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> These messages are bugging me for quite a while now. At home (Linux) I
DV> get one message for every incoming bug, but at work (HP-UX) I get a
DV> separate message 'Notification: incoming/...'. On both systems I'm
DV> using mutt. What can I do to fix this?

Without knowing where each message is coming from there's not much I can do
on my end.  I only forward notifications of new reports to the list; any
other copies must be coming directly from jitterbug.  Do you get one for
every bug or just the ones that you submit?

 - J<

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 18:06:25 +0200

> every bug or just the ones that you submit?

I get two for every bug. All the reports are sent exactly once to my
mail forwarding account [email-masked]. From there they are forwarded to
my home and my work address. The strange thing is that at work I get
two separate mails, on containig the notification and one with the
text of the bug report. At home both parts are combined into a single
message. I don't have a message handy right now, so I can't tell exactly
what's in the headers.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 May 1999 22:49:51 -0500

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> The strange thing is that at work I get two
DV> separate mails, on containig the notification and one with the text of
DV> the bug report.

This is surely because your MTA does not escape the line matching '^From '
which your mail reader thinks is a message separator.  Thus you see two
messages.  Your MTA is probably adding a Content-Length: header which it is
expecting your mail reader to make use of.

 - J<

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 May 1999 22:49:51 -0500

- J<

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 May 1999 22:49:51 -0500

- J<