Subject: Installed DUL blocking on UH mail servers

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 May 1999 15:15:07 -0500

My spam load has increased radically in the past few days (probably because
I took up posting to Usenet again).  I already use RBL blocking and have
now added DUL and RRSS blocking (to block mail sent directly from dialups
and from abused open relays, respectively) in an attempt to keep my mailbox
and those of my users somewhat clear of crap.

This should have no effect on any proper configuration, but if you are
connected to a dialup line and you are sending mail directly instead of
using your ISP as a smarthost then you are probably going to be blocked.
After doing some checking it looks like this may affect Dominik.  Dom, you
seem to come in from dialups at 01019freenet.de, which if I understood the
German on the web page properly offers you a smarthost at
mx.01019freenet.net.

This is far from a permanent thing, but if this has a significant effect on
the amount of spam coming into my servers without screwing up anything else
then it will probably stay.  If you are blocked and you can't work around
it, please let me know.  You'll have to use [email-masked]; that host
uses RBL blocking but does not yet block mail sent directly from dialups.

Info on the DUL is at http://mapx.vix.com/dul/.  Info on the RRSS is at
http://relays.radparker.com/.

 - J<
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]