Subject: FVWM2: getting menu state from a module

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 12:31:36 +0200

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 16:43:18 -0600
Subject: FVWM2: getting menu state from a module
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

Dear Mr. Vogt,
    I was wondering if you could help me out.  I was wondering how a module
could get current menu
information(assuming that the user is currently using a menu).  The most
useful piece of information would
be the current menu item(integer index is fine) the pointer is over.  Also
useful would be the current menu and the final menu selection.

I am trying to do the infamous "directory listing via a menu".  I have
modified FvwmWharf to use the Xdnd
protocol to accept drops, and have written a simple menu file selection
module that provides a drag source.  The Xdnd part is fairly stable, and the
system works well.  However, I have reached a point where
improving/debugging
the actual menu code is a waste of time since fvwm provides a complex
menuing system.

Do you have any (suggestions,references, ideas) about how to go about this
in fvwm?  Thanks

[email-masked]

----- End forwarded message -----

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]