Subject: Problems with fvwm 2.2 and swing dialogs

From: Michael F Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 16:17:37 +0100 (BST)

When I run java programs with fvwm 2.2, the clipping in dialog boxes is
wrong - see attached GIF.  The box appears to be the right size, it's
just the content which is being clipped.  The same thing happens with
vtwm as the window manager, but not with olwm or dtwm.  Resizing the 
dialog even by a single pixel fixes things.

I'm sure this must have been reported before, but I couldn't find any
reference to it in the bug tracking system under obvious search keys.

Michael Gordon

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Funk)
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:28:07 +0200 (MEST)

Hi!

> dialog even by a single pixel fixes things.

X11 expose event compression done right is not so easy and obviously 
the SWING toolkit has some problems with it.  This is no surprise,
since the SWING toolkit is very very new and far from becoming
mature as far as I've seen.  So SWING is not so "cool" yet as the
default choice in your dialog box suggests.

> reference to it in the bug tracking system under obvious search keys.

I don't think that this is bug in Fvwm, since therre is at least one
other window manager showing the same behaviour.  You should report this
expose problem to the SWING people.

[Attachment, skipping...]

Regards, Peter
-- 
 eter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, 27777 Ganderkesee, Tel: 04222 9502 70, Fax: -60
No amount of enthusiasm and evidence can counteract the irresistible force of
a few clueless VP's with an unlimited entertainment budget.
     -- Aaron Watters, on Python vs. Javascript as `the' OMG scripting language
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]