Subject: please check these enhancement requests

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 15:20:04 +0200

I'm trying to decide with various enhancement requests. Could
you look at these:

44 (Tim)
47 (Tim)
113 (Dan)
124 (Dan)
165 (Steve, PDS)
217 (Tim)
226 (Steve, others)
248 (Steve, PDS, others)
252 (I'd like to reject this one, can someone write an explanation why
     it is not needed?)
260 (Matthias, Tim)
262 (Tim)
264 (Tim)

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 09:39:58 -0400

> I'm trying to decide with various enhancement requests. Could

Stretching pixmaps in titlebar and other places.

I believe a recent commit added support for this.  Tim?

> 124 (Dan)

IconBox auto-rearrange.  The concept doesn't do much for me.
Its unlikely that I would attack it.  Despite the requestors
opinion,  I don't remember any other requests for the feature.

(If others want this, make your opinion known now.)

> 252 (I'd like to reject this one, can someone write an explanation why

Parameters from the command line.

If you  can execute functions from  the command line,  why do you need
parameters?  The request mentions  decor selection.   Seems to me  you
can do that by invoking a function.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 18 May 1999 09:58:30 -0400

%% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

  dv> I'm trying to decide with various enhancement requests. Could
  dv> you look at these:

Decide what with them?

  dv> 165 (Steve, PDS)

(--with-xpm-library/--with-xpm-includes confusing)

This is better with 2.2+, but still not great.  I think we (Steve and I)
really think this should be solved by autoconf, in a generic way, so
that all configure packages use the same methods to locate other
packages.  I'm not sure it's worth putting a lot of time into at the
moment.

  dv> 248 (Steve, PDS, others)

Pretty much the same as above.  The doc part was clarified, so I think
this one can be closed and we'll track any autoconf enhancements with
the one above (165).

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 16:42:46 +0200

>   dv> I'm trying to decide with various enhancement requests. Could
                          ^^^^^
                        what to do
> Decide what with them?

Oops.

> packages.  I'm not sure it's worth putting a lot of time into at the

So, shall we reject this request or mark is as done (with an appropriate comment)?

> this one can be closed and we'll track any autoconf enhancements with

Can you put it in the appropriate directory?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 16:07:44 +0100

> 44 (Tim)
Reject this one, I wanted an FvwmCommand script that would do what
GrabFocus does.

> 47 (Tim)
Move to to-do please.

> 113 (Dan)
This is a bit closer. libs/Graphics.c has functions to create stretched
pixmaps and it only uses integers and won't suffer rounding errors like
the example in the bug note.

> 217 (Tim)
Move to to-do please.

> 252 (I'd like to reject this one, can someone write an explanation why
Reject it.  You can call arbitrary functions from the command line with
parameters:
fvwm -cmd "my_decor_select xterm* purple-fuzzyness"

> 260 (Matthias, Tim)
To-do, It needs an extra style (SquashyBorder/FirmBorder)?,
fvwm/borders.c has the places to use it commented.

> 262 (Tim)
enh-unlikely: different sizes for borders on each side would require
three extra ints (maybe packed in a struct) per FvwmWindow struct and an
awful lot of changes. I estimate a 62.35% chance of introducing a
wandering bug.
Random title positioning would require a similar amount of effort and
would also require that titlebars be rendered into a pixmap so they can
be rotated.

> 264 (Tim)
enh-unlikely: same as 262

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 19:32:37 +0200

> the example in the bug note.

Does this mean I can move it to done?

> ...

Thanks, I have made all the state changes you suggested (except for 113).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 11:07:59 +0100

> Does this mean I can move it to done?

No. The stuff I'm doing is for DefaultBackground. Personally I'd move it
to enh-unlikely since I think its bloat. I'd rather see this sort of
fancy decorations in a module. But don't let me put off anyone from
doing it.

Cheers,
Tim.