Subject: 2.3.2 - Eterm & Icon Inconsistencies

From: Amir Chossrow Akhavan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 03:14:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again!

And another little bug(?):
I found in the last fvwm2-snapshot (May 7 1999), that although
individual styles can be assigned to programs based on their 
name/resource, this is not necessarily true for the icon name (and thus,
icon).
Specifically, there seems to be a problem with Eterms, other terminals 
seem to work fine.

If I use a synthax like the following, the Eterms simply get their
"default" gnome/Eterm-icon as if I didn't define anything for them, 
whereas xterm, nxterm, rxvt, and gnome-terminal behave as they are told.
The settings for window decorations work ok, though.

In addition to that, the Eterm icon jumps around occasionally.

BTW, everything worked fine in the 1.May snapshot of 2.3.2.

from my .fvwm2rc file:

AddToMenu Terminals
+ "gterm"    exec gnome-terminal --title=gterm
+ "xterm"    exec xterm
+ "Eterm TT" exec Eterm --title TT -n TT -t terminal_l
+ "Eterm CT" exec Eterm --title CT -n CT --iconic --trans -t CRYSTAL
+ "Telnet"   exec xterm -name "telnet" -e telnet

# Styles for various terminals
Style "gterm"      Icon t_gterm.xpm, NoIconTitle, SmartPlacement
Style "xterm"      Icon t_term.xpm, NoIconTitle, SmartPlacement
Style "TT"         Icon t_mon.xpm, NoIconTitle, SmartPlacement
Style "CT"         Icon t_gterm.xpm, NoIconTitle, SmartPlacement,
BorderWidth 0, NoHandles, NoTitle
Style "telnet"	   Icon t_connection.xpm, SmartPlacement, Color
white/#5668a2

For "CT" FvwmIdent gives:
Name: CT
Icon Name: CT
Class: Eterm
Resource: CT

It doesn't help if I define a style "Eterm" or "Eterm-0.8.8", or just
start Eterm from a shell as "Eterm &". I always get this (damned ;) ) 
Eterm-icon. Guess it has something to do with Gnome-complience, 
although no Gnome program shows this behaviour, only Eterm...

Your email addr.: [email-masked]
Your Name: Amir C. Akhavan
Subject: 2.3.2 - Eterm & Icon Inconsistencies 
FVWM version: 2.3.2
Last CVS Update: May 7, 1999
OS you are using: RH Linux 5.2, Kernel 2.2.6
X Server: XFree86 3.3.3.1-1

Color Depth: 24/32 bit
Glibc 2.0
Gnome panel is running (Gnome 1.0)

thanx, Amir

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]