Subject: Your bug report #247, Sun Meta Key

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 11:00:20 -0400

So far, we have been unable to duplicate the bug you've reported:

> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 22:56:57 -0600 (CST)
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Sun meta key
> 
> Full_Name: myles prather
> Version: 2.2
> OS: SunOS 5.5.1 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-2
> X_Server: Sun supplied
> 
> Mouse 2 W M Move
> 
> Does not recognize the Sun meta key.  It maps instead to Alt, i.e. the
> above   mouse binding   causes  Alt-Button2  to  perform  a   move and
> meta-Button2 is passed to the Xserver  (not sure if that's the correct
> lingo).  I tried using xev to see what the meta key  shows up as.  xev
> reports up and  down events on  Meta_L (and Meta_R  for the right meta
> key) correctly.

Please let us know if you still have the problem.

If so, we   are going to  need more  information.  Perhaps   the "xev"
output, the output of "xmodmap -pm", or  anything else you think would
be relevant.  If you are using "xmodmap"  to change your key and mouse
bindings, the input file  would be helpful.   Let us know if the  caps
lock, or num lock leds are lit.

Since there is no key with the actual  label "Meta", lets make sure we
are all thinking of  the same key.  On  my Sun keyboard, the Meta  key
has a diamond on it.  I tested with the one on the left, near the caps
lock key.

If you  are not having this  problem any  more, let  us  know what the
cause was if you can.

If we don't hear from you, we will eventually close the problem report.

Thanks.
-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]