Subject: icon title raising bug

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 22:26:35 +0200

I've fixed a bug with icon title raising that I don't quite
understand: 

 1) Determine where window A will iconify (but don't do it yet).
 2) Move window B so that is will obscure the icon of window A.
 3) Iconify window A.

 ==> The Icon title of window A will remain visible while the
     icon itself is lowered.

I figured out that this is because in Iconify() the is an 
EnterNotify event generated for the window somewhere in
Iconify() before LowerWindow() is called. Overall we get
two LeaveNotifies and two EnterNotifies. I fixed this by
removing all EnterNotifies for the window at the end of Iconify(),
but I don't understand where all these events come from. Can
somebody shed a light in this mystery?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 21:03:25 +0200

> somebody shed a light in this mystery?

Dominik, I found the following (by reading Volume Zero):

The server generates enter and leave notifies with mode == Grab/Ungrab
when a grab is established or released. 

I have adjusted your fix to this new knowledge. Can you check
that it still fixes ?

And to answer an older question regarding enter/leave:

xev easily confirms that we really get enter and leave events
on the root window. So we really can implement FocusFollowsMouse
in the way we do (completely ignoring leave events).

Matthias

-- 
Matthias Clasen, 
Tel. 0761/203-5606
Email: [email-masked]
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 23:55:15 +0200

> I have adjusted your fix to this new knowledge. Can you check

It's close but not exactly like before. Now it's like this: when
you iconify a window and the icon label lands below another
window you see it flashing for a fraction of a second before
it's lowered below the window. Before you didn't see this flash.
The icon picture itself is never visible.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 00:51:48 +0200

> The icon picture itself is never visible.

Duh, now I can't see this anymore.

Bye

Dominik ^_^