Subject: Compile error, todays CVS, Solaris

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 10:23:00 -0400

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../version-2_3_2/fvwm -I.. -I../../version-2_3_2 -I../../version-2_3_2/libs -I/opt/public/include -I/usr/openwin/include   -DFVWM_MODULEDIR=\"/opt/public/src//fvwm/2.3.2\"          -DFVWM_CONFIGDIR=\"/opt/public/etc/fvwm//fvwm\" -g -c ../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c: In function `My_XNextEvent':
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1695: syntax error before `fd_width'
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1749: `fd_width' undeclared (first use in this function)
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1749: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1749: for each function it appears in.)
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1750: `SELECT_FD_SET_CAST' undeclared (first use in this function)
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1752: parse error before `0'
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1756: parse error before `)'
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c: At top level:
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1761: parse error before `else'
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1763: parse error before `10'
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1763: conflicting types for `KillModule'
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/misc.h:106: previous declaration of `KillModule'
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1763: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1768: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1768: conflicting types for `FlushQueue'
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/misc.h:175: previous declaration of `FlushQueue'
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1768: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1769: parse error before `}'
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1781: conflicting types for `StartupStuff'
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:97: previous declaration of `StartupStuff'
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1781: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1782: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1782: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../version-2_3_2/fvwm/events.c:1783: parse error before `}'
gnumake[1]: *** [events.o] Error 1
gnumake[1]: Leaving directory `/u/tools/dane/fvwm/build_version-2_3_2/fvwm'

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 17 May 1999 11:39:28 -0400

Hmm... Steve added a bunch of stuff to better autoconf the select()
call.

Can you try removing your config.cache file and redoing the configure
step (if you updated to an old source tree without cleaning it first)?

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 13:54:46 -0400

> step (if you updated to an old source tree without cleaning it first)?

Thanks.  That did it.

The word "Geometry" in the Windowlist looks better now.

> -- 
>  Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Developmen