Subject: 2.2.2 status

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 13:37:05 -0400

I've done  the  distcheck and put the   package in incoming.   Since I
don't expect  any  changes on the  2.2.2 branch,  and we  don't expect
Jason to show up  until Wednesday, I'll hold   off on the  tagging and
version change until we get closer to Wednesday.

Meanwhile, this is whats in the NEWS file (which should end up in
the announcement):

Changes in official release 2.2.2 (May 1999)

* New "Emulate"  command  for independent  control of the  move/resize
* feedback window.

* EdgeThickness command can be issued at any time.

* Pan frames not created when not needed.

* Pan frames reach corners.

* Fixed window wandering on restart, recapture.

* International characters are accepted as input in FvwmForm.

* Fix bug in window shading that left one row of pixels visible.

* Fix to FvwmTaskbar so that  it won't loop  when  there are too  many
* buttons.

* Fix positioning bug on overlapping menus.

* Fix M4 command problem, Problem Reports 201 and 246.

* Fixed bug when calling a function without all args supplied.

* Miscellaneous bug fixes,  see ChangeLog for details.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 01:33:19 +0200

> version change until we get closer to Wednesday.

You should really tag now in case anybody manages to fetch a copy of
the package you made. We don't want to have several 2.2 packages
lying around. Or if you don't want to do that the package should
be renamed (e.g. like the 'candidate' packages I made for 2.2).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 08:14:46 -0400

> be renamed (e.g. like the 'candidate' packages I made for 2.2).

It my understanding that files in the upload area are "write only".
Tests show that this is so.  Otherwise Jason would be running a
bulletin board for the whole internet.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 01:30:43 +0200

> bulletin board for the whole internet.

Of course, but if there is a misunderstanding between Jason and
whoever uploads the file this can happen.

Bye

Dominik ^_^