Subject: new module FvwmKb

From: Alexander Vorobiev <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Apr 1999 19:42:31 +0400

Hello, everybody!

Living in a country where we have to use several keyboard layouts, I
wrote a Fvwm module to make our life a little easier ;)

from README:

----
FvwmKb -- a module for Fvwm window manager that makes it more
convenient to work with several Xkb keyboard layouts. It does two
things: 

1. For the focused window it stores currently locked Xkb group
   (keyboard layout) in its internal database and restores it when the
   window is focused again making an impression that different windows 
   have different selected keyboard layouts simultaneousely (like KDE
   program kikbd does).

2. It tells Fvwm to reflect currently locked Xkb group in the window
   decoration - making it possible to tell which windows have which
   locked groups easily.
----

FvwmKb is available at the following url:

http://www2.cybercities.com/s/sparrow/software.html

sample screenshot:

http://www2.cybercities.com/s/sparrow/FvwmKb.jpg

What do you think?

Regards,
Alexander
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Apr 1999 11:08:00 -0500

>>>>> "AV" == Alexander Vorobiev <[email-masked]> writes:

AV> Living in a country where we have to use several keyboard layouts, I
AV> wrote a Fvwm module to make our life a little easier ;)

What were we just saying about there being only one externally maintained
module?

 - J<

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:36:16 -0400

> What were we just saying about there being only one externally maintained

	I think he should be invited to join the Worshipful Company of FVWM
Developers...once we get a look at the module, of course!

	Has anyone been able to get through to Alexander's FvwmKb page yet?
I've tried several times this afternoon, but my browser just hangs and
times out.

- Bob

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:32:50 +0200

> What were we just saying about there being only one externally maintained

Well, then we'll have to make it an internally maintained module :)
Sounds like a thing we should have in either the main or extra distribution.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Alexander Vorobiev <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Apr 1999 18:05:25 +0400

Hi!

For some unknown reason my homepage at the url I gave in my initial
message stopped working, so I've just moved all my files to another place:

http://linuxfan.com/~sparrow/software

and the screenshot

http://linuxfan.com/~sparrow/software/FvwmKb.jpg

I'm sorry about any inconvenience it caused.

Please let me know if you have any problems downloading from that new
site.

Regards,
Alexander