Subject: feature wish: history of focussed transients (see bug # 293)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 11:11:23 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Kai Grossjohann
Version: 2.2
CVS_Date: 
OS: SPARC Solaris 2.5
X_Server: OpenWindows 3.5
Submission from: (NULL) (129.217.20.113)

In bug report 293, I requested fvwm to automatically focus new transient
windows if in MouseFocus or SloppyFocus mode.

A possible enhancement would be to keep a history of such windows so that
the disappearance of a transient window would cause focus to return to the
window which had focus before that transient appeared.

Example: user hits Alt-F in Netscape.  A transient window appears which
asks the user for a search string.  User enters search string, then a new
transient window appears which says `End of document reached, continue
from beginning?'.  Hitting ESC now causes the second transient window to
disappear, and it is clear that the user now wishes the first transient
window to have focus again.

The ctwm 3.5.2 implementation referred to in bug report # 293 does not
offer
this feature.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]