Subject: wm-icons: first alpha release

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 10:08:02 +0300 (IDT)

A new version of wm-icons is out. It is already very usable. There is an
installation procedure and instructions how to use it with your .fvwm2rc
(very easy). And I can even switch between icon sets (4+4) from within a
menu.

What is new (there is file NEWS, which is more detailed):
  * 2 new icon themes (actually 5 new icon sets).
  * New icons including those for window operations.
  * Some useful scripts.

You can download wm-icons-0.1.0.tar.gz from http://wm-icons.dhs.org/ .
I would like you to install and test it.

If you want write access to the files (especially to FAQ), just send me
the modified file (I don't think we need a CVS).

Regards,
Mikhael.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Apr 1999 11:54:39 -0500

>>>>> "MG" == Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]> writes:

MG> A new version of wm-icons is out. It is already very usable. There is
MG> an installation procedure and instructions how to use it with your
MG> .fvwm2rc (very easy).

Some questions:

Should I mirror this on ftp.fvwm.org?

Should this be announced on [email-masked]?  If you think so, go
ahead and post it there and I will approve it.

MG> If you want write access to the files (especially to FAQ), just send me
MG> the modified file (I don't think we need a CVS).

If you ever do decide to use CVS, I'll be happy to set things up at fvwm.org.

 - J<

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 21:35:02 +0300 (IDT)

> Should I mirror this on ftp.fvwm.org?

I don't know.
If you are asking about the tarball, it is GPL'd, can be mirrored freely.

> ahead and post it there and I will approve it.

I will announce it if there will not be reported fatal problems with it,
like scripts failed on different platforms.

I also think, the project must be announced outside fvwm, since it is
really window manager independent and we would like to know what other
people think on this subject. I think about freshmeat and newsgroups.

> If you ever do decide to use CVS, I'll be happy to set things up at fvwm.org.

Thank you. Currently it seems to be faster with one motivated man, which
can not always be true.

Regards,
Mikhael.