Subject: Problems running Citrix ICA Client

From: Bill Oswald <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:33:16 -0500 (CDT)

Anybody running the Citrix ICA client under FVWM?  (This program allows
NT windows to be displayed on Unix.) 

We are seeing problems with xhost, fvwm2 and the Citrix ICA Client for
AIX version 2.70.76.  The AIX level is version 4.3.1. 

When you issue the command to start the ICA Manager:  
~> /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica -desc 'wts10' & 
then the Citrix logo box appears 
then a connecting message line on the top line of box 
then a connected message line on the top line of box 
then a long wait of several minutes 
Finally, a a pop-up window appears with the error: 

Citrix ICA Client error 
49: Cannot connect to server "wts10"  
[QUIT] 

(Generally) If you change the xhost settings, (xhost + localhost +
wts10) you can connect. This doesn't make much since since the wfica
code is running locally and has already written to the display. 

>From what we've seen, the Citrix client code works fine on mwm, cde and
other window managers. 

We are running an old version of fvwm2.  I was waiting for the
"official" 2.0 version to be released but since that has happened I've
been swamped and haven't had any time to get it up and running.  This
Citrix problem maybe the reason I need to make time to get the latest
and greatest Fvwm. 

Thanks for any help, 
-Bill 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:54:24 -0400

> 49: Cannot connect to server "wts10"  

I use it, but not with "-desc" on the command line.
If thats the X Server you are trying to identify, perhaps it
should be "wts10:0"?

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 28 Apr 1999 11:05:56 -0400

Ditto to what Dan said; I use it on my Linux box at home and I have used
it on my Solaris and SunOS boxes at work, and I just run it as "wfica"
with no arguments (and $DISPLAY set).  Works fine with fvwm 2.2.  I
never tried it with earlier versions of fvwm.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:28:42 -0400

I'm a little confused here the version of ICA I have says 
Usage: /usr/local/lib/ICAClient/wfica [options] [Connection File]
       -help                      Show this message.
       -desc <description>        Connection to use from Connection File.
       -description <description> Connection to use from Connection File.
       -file <connection_file>    Connection file to use.
       -protocolfile <filename>   Set alternative protocol file.
       -clientfile <filename>     Set alternative client configuration file.
       -nosplash                  Turn off the splash screen.
       -version                   Display version information.
       -icaroot <directory>       Set Location of Client Installation Files.
       -quiet                     Suppress Connection dialogs.
       Connection File  is a .ica connection file (similar to -file option).

so I can connect with one of the items I get from the menu
/usr/local/lib/ICAClient/wfica -desc "NT"

now unless wts10 is one of your menu items then it won't work.  I don't
do an xhost for the other machine but my display is set to jojo:0.0 and
i do have an xhost +jojo set.

ICA works with this setup under 2.0.46 2.1.x 2.2 (2.3.x betas)

You might want to check out there web site and make sure you have a
current client. I had some trouble with displaying the client with some
older versions right now I'm using 3.00.20 Citrix ICA Client for Solaris

On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 09:33:16AM -0500, Bill Oswald wrote:

> Anybody running the Citrix ICA client under FVWM?  (This program
> allows NT windows to be displayed on Unix.)
>
> When you issue the command to start the ICA Manager: ~>               
> /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica -desc 'wts10' & then the Citrix logo box     
> appears then a connecting message line on the top line of box then    
> a connected message line on the top line of box then a long wait of   
> several minutes Finally, a a pop-up window appears with the error:    
>
> Citrix ICA Client error 49: Cannot connect to server "wts10" [QUIT]   
>
> Thanks for any help, -Bill                                            

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:28:42 -0400