Subject: FVWM CVS: fvwm domivogt

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 09:59:32 -0500 (CDT)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	domivogt	99/04/04 09:59:31

Modified files:
	.              : ChangeLog Makefile.am NEWS configure.in 
	docs           : BUGS ChangeLog TODO 
	fvwm           : .cvsignore add_window.c borders.c builtins.c 
	                 colors.c decorations.c events.c focus.c 
	                 functions.c fvwm.c fvwm.h fvwm2.1 gnome.c 
	                 icccm2.c menus.c menus.h misc.c misc.h 
	                 modconf.c module.c move.c parse.h placement.c 
	                 read.c resize.c screen.h session.c style.c 
	                 virtual.c 
	modules        : ChangeLog 
	modules/FvwmButtons: FvwmButtons.1 FvwmButtons.c FvwmButtons.h 
	                     parse.c 
	modules/FvwmCpp: FvwmCpp.c 
	modules/FvwmM4 : FvwmM4.c 
	vms            : config.h 

Log message:
* Removed SAVEUNDERS option.
* Removed WINDOWSHADE option.
* Re-indented sessions.c.
* Experimental resize patch: Warp pointer at 1/7 of window width/height.
* Recapture can now capture a single window ("Recapture window").
* Moved all menu related code to menus.[ch]. This should speed up compiling a
lot when you work on menu code.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 07:56:06 -0400

> * Experimental resize patch: Warp pointer at 1/7 of window width/height.

This still doesn't really seem like enough, explain to me again why you
can't just make the sizes the same as the grid box that gets drawn when
you are actually resisizing.  I know you had said something about those
not being square but I don't really think that is a problem.  Just keep
in mind I'm simplly playing devil's advocate here, people have been
requesting something like this for quite a while, and the more intuitive
we can make it the less complaints we will get later.

Brad

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 00:41:57 +0200

> we can make it the less complaints we will get later.

There are two reasons why I don't make it this big:

  a) You can't see the grid boxes anyway when you place the pointer.
  b) I think it's too confusing when the pointer jumps from somewhere
     in the window a long distance to the border. Remember that you
     can't get the pointer to the center of the sides when it has been
     in one corner. If that is what people want I have no problems, but
     I think if the area around the border is too big it will bother
     too many people.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 08:13:24 -0400

>   a) You can't see the grid boxes anyway when you place the pointer.

You are right you can't see the grid lines but at least to me they seem
to be a fairlly intuitive division of a window.

>   in the window a long distance to the border. Remember that you can't
>   get the pointer to the center of the sides when it has been in one
>   corner. If that is what people want I have no problems, but I think
>   if the area around the border is too big it will bother too many
>   people.

I'm sure no matter which way we go it will be wrong.  I don't really
care one way or the other, I never really thought it was that big of a
deal anyway.Otherwise I think the patch does exactlly what users have
been wanting so good work.

Brad