Subject: resize problem

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:27:18 +0200

I just noticed that there is a problem with the Gnome panel and 
Gnome-enabled fvwm:

Changing the panel orientation from horizontal to vertical shrinks
the panel width to the correct value for vertical, but doesn't enlarge
the height, so you end up with part of the panel being drawn in a
small square. 

This does only happen for corner panels, edge panels work ok. 

If you use Gnome-ignorant fvwm, the panel makes its window override-redirect
and has no problems.

I haven't had time to try this with other Gnome-compliant wms, thus
I cannot say if it is a panel problem or a fvwm bug.

Matthias

-- 
Matthias Clasen, 
Tel. 0761/203-5606
Email: [email-masked]
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:45:30 +0200

> I cannot say if it is a panel problem or a fvwm bug.

Further investigation showed that it doesn't occur any more if the
panel is converted to edge form and them back to corner form. Thus
it looks more like a panel problem to me. I'll report it as a Gnome
bug.

Matthias