Subject: Window Shade

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 00:10:20 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Jason Kibblewhite
Version: 2.3.1
CVS_Date: 04-22-99
OS: Linux 2.2.5
X_Server: Xfree Mach64
Submission from: (NULL) (24.64.111.35)

This is a request of an enhancement not a bug list.
Someone on the fvwm mailing list suggested I submit this.  From the talk on
the
list I gather this feature is being worked on by someone, but I thought I'd
spell
out what IMHO it should do.

The having a window shaded and the title bar at the bottom of the screen
but when
the window is unshaded to have the window pop up X pixels and then unshade
rather
then just unshade off the screen.

Basiclly what I believe should happen is this: make a new style
Popupwindowshade<?>
When a window is shaded and at the bottom or close enough to the bottom of
the
screen so that unshading the window will place most of it off the screen
the window
shade function should reason this way.  If distance to bottom of screen is
> then 
40% of vert screen size pop window up difference between the two then
unshade window.
Then if said window is not moved between the unshade and a reshade function
shade
window and move the title bar back to where it was before.

Ofcourse 40% is just a number and can be anything or even a user selectable
size.
This method differs from some that are mentioned on the mailing list in
that the 
window doesn't shade upward which IMHO whould almost be a waste of the
function
however neat it would look just for a cool features sake.  Mine is at least
totally
for functions sake rather then a neat feature.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]