Subject: launching large windows

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 14:29:49 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Neil Zanella
Version: 2.2.0
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux 2.0.36
X_Server: XFree86 Mach64
Submission from: (NULL) (134.153.1.13)

Hello,

I run a virtual desktop of 4x4 viewports each of size 800x600 pixels.
I have an image of size 1280x1024 and try to view it with the xv
application.
Instead of appearing full size, the image appears shrunken to
my desktop size.

I know xv has nothing to do with Fvwm2 but I feel that somehow
Fvwm might be responsible for the shrinking.

On the other hand Electric Eyes (ee), will display larger images
than the viewport (although I failed to save images larger than
the viewport).

It really looks like there is bug in xv but I am not of whether
Fvwm has something to do with it at all. After all, xv must
ommunicate with the window manager to obtain the viewport size
(I believe).

Is there a way into triking xv to make it think the viewport is
as large as the whole 4x4 desktop? Does Fvwm have an option to
set up this trick?

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Neil

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]