Subject: gtk 1.1 library

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:14:47 +0200

I tried to compile the FvwmGtk module recently, but it already
fails during configure. I don't have the necessary gtp library
version on the latest SuSE Linux distribution (which probably is
the most up-to-date distribution at the moment - it's about a
week old). Where can I get the necessary gtk version?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tomas Ogren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:23:23 +0200

> week old). Where can I get the necessary gtk version?

ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/

v1.1.x shouldn't be used for anything nowadays... 1.2.2 is the latest
released...

/Tomas
-- 
Tomas Ögren, [email-masked], http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå
`- Sysadmin at {cs,ing,acc}.umu.se
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 21:44:27 +0200

What version of gtk is that ? You can find it out via
gtk-config --version
The configure script checks for a version >= 1.1.0. The 
current version is 1.2.2 (I think). But I haven't had any
problem with compiling FvwmGtk with 1.1.13 or 1.2.0.

One possible problem is that gtk-config might not be present
if you haven't installed the devel package of gtk. But that
is needed anyway to have the headers.

Matthias 

-- 
Matthias Clasen, 
Tel. 0761/203-5606
Email: [email-masked]
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]