Subject: StartsBelowFocusWindow Style Option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 16:18:35 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Neil Zanella
Version: 2.2.0
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux
X_Server: XFree86 Mach64
Submission from: (NULL) (134.153.1.13)

Hello,

It would be nice if a Style Option called StartsBelowFocusWindow
or something like that were introduced. This option would be very
useful, especially on small screens. It would have the application
with the given style option start below the window with the focus.
Once the application is launched, it can be repositioned, raised,
etc...
The advantage of this feature is that if, say, you are typing in
an xterm while netscape is being fired then you can actually finish
your sentence while waiting without having netscape pop up in
front of the xterm and take the focus away from your xterm.
So, in general, the StartsBelowFocusWindow style option would be
nice to use with anything that either occupies a large amount
of desktop space or takes a long time to appear on the desktop.

Best Regards.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]