Subject: FVWM CVS: fvwm dane

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 12:06:57 -0500 (CDT)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	dane	99/04/04 12:06:57

Modified files:
	modules/FvwmButtons: Makefile.am 
Added files:
	modules/FvwmButtons: ConfigFvwmButtons 

Log message:
* FvwmForm/FormFvwmForm.: Save config file in users config dir.

* FvwmAnimate/FvwmAnimate.c: Save config file in users config dir.

* FvwmWinList/Makefile.am (config_DATA): New file, ConfigFvwmWinList.

* FvwmWinList/ConfigFvwmWinList: New file, config data for FvwmWinList.

* FvwmTaskBar/Makefile.am (config_DATA): New file, ConfigFvwmTaskBar.

* FvwmTaskBar/ConfigFvwmTaskBar: New file, config data for FvwmTaskBar.

* FvwmScroll/Makefile.am (config_DATA): New file, ConfigFvwmScroll.

* FvwmScroll/ConfigFvwmScroll: New file, config data for FvwmScroll.

* FvwmPager/ConfigFvwmPager: New file, config data for FvwmPager.

* FvwmPager/Makefile.am (config_DATA): New file, ConfigFvwmPager.

* FvwmIdent/ConfigFvwmIdent: New file, config data for FvwmIdent.

* FvwmIdent/Makefile.am (config_DATA): New file, ConfigFvwmIdent.

* FvwmIconMan/ConfigFvwmIconMan: New file, config data for IconMan.

* FvwmIconBox/Makefile.am (config_DATA): New file, ConfigFvwmIconBox.

* FvwmIconBox/ConfigFvwmIconBox: New file, config data for IconBox.

* FvwmBacker/ConfigFvwmBacker: New file, config data for FvwmBacker.

* FvwmBacker/Makefile.am (config_DATA): Added ConfigFvwmBacker.

* FvwmForm/FormFvwmSetup.in: New form, creates starting config.

* FvwmForm/Makefile.am (config_DATA): Added FormFvwmSetup.in, new
form for creating new users config files.

* fvwm/fvwm2.1 (read): Explain new read logic, and config file creation.

* fvwm/module.c (executeModule): Export FVWM_USERHOME to modules.

* fvwm/read.c (ReadSubFunc): New logic to read either from $HOME, using
a leading dot, or the users config dir without the dot, or the config
dir without the dot.

* fvwm/fvwm.h: New extern, user_home_ptr.

* fvwm/fvwm.c (SetRCDefaults): Add "read <configdir>ConfigFvwmDefaults"
to builtin command table.  If "FVWM_USERHOME" not already exported,
FVWM_USERHOME is ".fvwm/" or "." depending on existence.
Export environment variable "FVWM_USERHOME" to modules only.

* fvwm/ConfigFvwmDefaults: Fvwm2 builtins in addition to the table
built in to fvwm.c.

* fvwm/ConfigFvwmSetup: Skeleton of a new users configuration.

* fvwm/Makefile.am (config_DATA): Added FvwmDefaults (additions
to the builtin table, FvwmSetup (based on system.fvwm2rc).

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 13:19:43 -0400

> * FvwmForm/FormFvwmForm.: Save config file in users config dir.

Once  again  I have  to  apologize for   the sloppy way   a change was
committed.  I'm using pcl-cvs and it seems to have a mind of its own.

I think its all there.

The session saving logic should be changed now to use $FVWM_USERHOME.

You can test the new user installation logic by moving your .fvwm2rc
out of the way.  Any mouse button or the Help or F1 key on the root
should bring up the menu that drives this.

If you choose to create a .fvwm directory, and you read files without
using the full path, you will have to move your files into the .fvwm
directory, and removing leading dots (if any).

I know there  is still a lot  to be done.   I think it would  now make
sense  to remove "sample.fvwmrc/system.fvwm2rc" from the distribution.
There are a  couple of  sample configs for  modules  that need to   be
examined.  The list goes on...

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 05 Apr 1999 01:57:51 -0400

%% Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:

  de> Once again I have to apologize for the sloppy way a change was
  de> committed.  I'm using pcl-cvs and it seems to have a mind of its
  de> own.

Well, ya know that story "Doc, it hurts when I do this"?  That about
sums up my feelings on the subject :)

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]