Subject: Consolidating WindowList and FvwmWinList

From: Julian Gilbey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 02:48:30 +0000 (GMT)

Hiya Guys!

It might be nice if we were able to consolidate the WindowList
function and FvwmWinList module into one module/function, wouldn't it?

Just a thought....

   Julian

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

  Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. [email-masked]
             Debian GNU/Linux Developer.  [email-masked]
       -*- Finger [email-masked] for my PGP public key. -*-
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 14 Mar 1999 01:01:30 -0500

%% Julian Gilbey <[email-masked]> writes:

  jg> It might be nice if we were able to consolidate the WindowList
  jg> function and FvwmWinList module into one module/function, wouldn't
  jg> it?

No, it wouldn't.

:)

Actually, back when FvwmWinList was introduced, I think the builtin
winlist was removed or deactivated.  There was _great_ wailing and
gnashing of teeth.

The module is cool and has many nice features, but it's (IMO) _too_slow_
for a popup menu.  Builtin all the way, baby!

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 13:39:45 -0500

> for a popup menu.  Builtin all the way, baby!

The "map/unmap" logic in FvwmForm demonstrates how fast a module
like this can go.  Its not as fast as a menu, but I don't have a builtin
FvwmForm to compare it to.

> -- 
>  Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Developmen

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 15:11:23 +0100

> FvwmForm to compare it to.

my soon-to-be-in-CVS Gtk module does menus and dialogs this way too.
Its fast enough, I think.  

Matthias

-- 
Matthias Clasen, 
Tel. 0761/203-5606
Email: [email-masked]
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]