Subject: Re: Some windows 'ignored'

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 11:37:09 -0500

[email-masked] (Paul D. Smith) wrote:
> I'd prefer to get what we have now stable, plus the GNOME patches
> and _maybe_ the GSFR stuff if we can come to a resolution on that, and
> seriously consider calling that 2.4.0.

     Whew! I think maybe we ought to do a 2.3.x beta or so before that!
:-)

     Seriously, I think that's probably an ambitious enough load for 2.4
(with the GSFR infrastructure included, but not a slew of new styles and
stuff). I think we should stabilize what we have now - and that's quite a
lot - and do a 2.3 beta, then work on the GSFR.

     The reuse-FvwmWindow bit that was mentioned was on the agenda for the
next release anyway, as a bug-fix (I forget the bug-track number). The
capture_the_blighter_dammit stuff is getting way too ambitious for 2.4,
IMO.

     We should do something to accommodate users who have problems with o_r
windows, not because of the number of such cases, but because our changes
broke behavior that people could formerly count on; and since we're
venturing down that path, I think it makes sense to do an even better job
than was done before. All of which argues for putting it off till after
2.4.

- Bob

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Andrew T. Veliath)
Date: 19 Mar 1999 19:22:45 -0500

)) 
 )) > config to work again (are decors with gradients/pixmap textures
 )) > supposed to be working again now? - mine don't).
 )) 
 )) What's broken?

 Brad)  well 
 Brad)  AddToDecor <decor> 
 Brad)  + Widowfont fixed

 Brad)  definetly fails

An additional state was integrated into builtins.c without enforcing
mutual exclusion. So if you defined any function before the
AddToDecor, for example, it wouldn't get routed properly, e.g.:

[FVWM][AddAnotherItem]:  last menu: (nil) last func: 0x8086678 \
			last decor: 0x8088538
[FVWM][AddToFunction]:  Adding to function TitleStyle -- flat

Only one of the last_* vars should be active at a time.  I've just
committed a fix for this, hopefully it should work ok now.

-- 
Andrew  	You can't have everything. Where would you put it? --
                Steven Wright