Subject: FVWM CVS: fvwm steve

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 14:46:18 -0600 (CST)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	steve	99/03/13 14:46:17

Modified files:
	.              : ChangeLog configure.in 
	modules        : ChangeLog 
	modules/FvwmCommand: Makefile.am 
	modules/FvwmCommand/scripts: ex-auto.pl ex-cascade.pl 
	                             ex-grpmv.pl focus-Netscape.pl 
	                             focus-link.pl push-away.pl test1.pl 
Added files:
	modules/FvwmCommand/scripts: Makefile.am 

Log message:
Perl path substituted into FvwmCommand/scripts/*.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 15:58:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I know this is going to trip up some people, so let me remind you all that
you will have to run "automake" from the top of the SOURCE tree after
cvsupping.

> 	modules/FvwmCommand/scripts: Makefile.am 
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Here's why you need to do this: adding a new Makefile.am always requires
re-running automake to create the Makefile.in.

You may find yourself re-running config.status by hand, too.

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Mar 1999 16:10:53 -0600

>>>>> "SR" == Steve Robbins <[email-masked]> writes:

SR> I know this is going to trip up some people, so let me remind you all
SR> that you will have to run "automake" from the top of the SOURCE tree
SR> after cvsupping.

I think the GNOME/Gtk folks have it right here.  The instructions are
always to run 'autogen.sh'; this does whatever is necessary.

 - J<

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 17:52:08 -0500 (EST)

> always to run 'autogen.sh'; this does whatever is necessary.

I'm starting to agree.  Creating an autogen script could also take care of
Matthais' problem of remembering the '-I' option to aclocal.

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

Speeding motorcycle ... won't you take me ...