Subject: Lastest CVS awk problem

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:45:43 -0500

gcc  -g  -o FvwmCommandS  FvwmCommandS.o -L../../libs -lfvwm 
/bin/sh ../../../version-2_3_0/modules/FvwmCommand/findcmd /opt/public/src//fvwm/2.3.0          \
< ../../../version-2_3_0/fvwm/functions.c > FvwmCommand.sh
awk: syntax error near line 2
awk: bailing out near line 2
awk: newline in string near line 4
awk: newline in string near line 5
awk: newline in string near line 6

I think I'm a little too dangerous with awk to attempt a fix.
I'm on Solaris 2.5.1, and /bin/awk is the first awk in my PATH.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 20:06:10 -0500 (EST)

> I think I'm a little too dangerous with awk to attempt a fix.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ha!  :)

	"Watch out ... here comes Dan with the awk again!"

> I'm on Solaris 2.5.1, and /bin/awk is the first awk in my PATH.

Since I broke it, I guess I'll fix it.

The work-around for now is: just re-run make.  Even though 'awk' failed,
the file is still created, due to the output re-direction.

[Putting another awk -- like GNU awk -- near the front your path also
works.]

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

Don't know what I want, but I know how to get it.