Subject: Re: 'window shortcuts'

From: Will French <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 18:54:55 -0500 (EST)

> I've watched some of my colleagues (not that they are using fvwm, but
> anyway), and what I always see is that they switch between two full sized
> windows again and again. It could be so easy, if there was only a simple
> way to do it.

  I'm working on a module aimed at this.  However, it uses a database of
actual desktop positions, rather than window IDs.

> I'd even go a step further to simplify configuration like this:

>   WindowShortcut Key F1, Action Choose-Window

  If you do that I can't activate it from my module.  Right now I bind a
SendToModule to the key, then the module tells fvwm to switch desktops and
scroll.  I'd like to be able to do it in one step to reduce flashing.

Will French <[email-masked]>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]