Subject: Latest CVS compilation problem

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:59:58 -0500

This is CVS around 2 hours ago, Solaris 2.5.1:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../version-2_3_0/fvwm -I.. -I../../version-2_3_0 -I../../version-2_3_0/libs -I/opt/public/include -I/usr/openwin/include    -g -c ../../version-2_3_0/fvwm/module.c
../../version-2_3_0/fvwm/module.c: In function `executeModule':
../../version-2_3_0/fvwm/module.c:135: `EXECUTABLE_EXTENSION' undeclared (first use this function)
../../version-2_3_0/fvwm/module.c:135: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
../../version-2_3_0/fvwm/module.c:135: for each function it appears in.)
gnumake[1]: *** [module.o] Error 1

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 00:28:58 -0500 (EST)

> gnumake[1]: *** [module.o] Error 1

That's my doing (from the VMS porting).  If you don't see
EXECUTABLE_EXTENSION in config.h.in, then running autoheader ought to
clear this up.  If it *is* in config.h.in, then you need to re-run
config.status. 

A simple "make" should take care of this.  Must be some timestamps screwed
up somewhere.

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

I am an anarchist.  
I am the antichrist.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 07:41:53 -0500

Steve Robbins <[email-masked]> writes:
> > gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../version-2_3_0/fvwm -I.. -I../../version-2_3
> _0 -I../../version-2_3_0/libs -I/opt/public/include -I/usr/openwin/include   
>  -g -c ../../version-2_3_0/fvwm/module.c

Actually both steps were needed.  Thanks.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 07:55:08 -0500

> A simple "make" should take care of this.  Must be some timestamps screwed

Strangely enough, right at the very end of the compile,
the make ran the autoheader command.