Subject: compiler error

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:38:56 -0500

Tis is latest CVS I get this when I compile in libs
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I..  -I/usr/openwin/include    -g -O2 -c Picture.c
Picture.c:74: `FVWM_IMAGEPATH' undeclared here (not in a function)
Picture.c: In function `SetImagePath':
Picture.c:78: `FVWM_IMAGEPATH' undeclared (first use this function)
Picture.c:78: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
Picture.c:78: for each function it appears in.)

doing a grep at the top level I get
grep FVWM_IMAGEPATH *
acconfig.h:#undef FVWM_IMAGEPATH
configure.in:AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(FVWM_IMAGEPATH, "$val")

Is this my problem or did something not get checked in.

Brad
-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 05 Mar 1999 11:00:19 -0500

%% Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]> writes:

  bg> doing a grep at the top level I get
  bg> grep FVWM_IMAGEPATH *
  bg> acconfig.h:#undef FVWM_IMAGEPATH
  bg> configure.in:AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(FVWM_IMAGEPATH, "$val")

  bg> Is this my problem or did something not get checked in.

Looks like autoconf didn't regenerate your configure script, and you
didn't re-run configure (since that's not found in "configure" or in
"config.h.in" by your grep).

Odd, since the makefile you have should notice that configure.in is
newer than configure, and "do the right thing".  Or, isn't it?

Anyway, I'd try "autoreconf" then make again from the top.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 14:05:34 -0500

> Anyway, I'd try "autoreconf" then make again from the top.

autoreconf did the trick I did actually do a configure and a rm
config.cache and configure, thanks for the tip I'm already behhind on
testing new features.

Brad