Subject: de-iconifying windows

From: "jason l. jordan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 13:10:19 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

  There is a particularly annoying 'feature' that I can't find how to
alter (and yes I looked at the manpage), with regard to de-iconifying
windows.

  Say I iconify a window on screen A, then drag the icon to screen B.
Now, if I deiconify the window, it opens up back on screen A!  I'd like to
be able to drag the icon to screen B, deiconify it, and have the window
open up on screen B.  Is there any way to accomplish this?

  It seems to work sanely in the opposite direction; that is, if you drag
a non-iconified window to any screen B and then iconify it, it iconifies
on screen B.  This seems to suggest that de-iconification should work
similarly.

Thanks,
Jason

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:22:48 -0500

> open up on screen B.  Is there any way to accomplish this?

No, it appears to be broken.  My guess is that this problem and
the previous problem you reported are all tied together.

You might try making the icon sticky, then switching to a new desk
then unsticking the icon.

I'm adding this to our bug tracking system also.

Thanks for taking the time to report the problem.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]