Subject: Re: Logos (and contest.gimp.org)

From: Nadim Saeed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:26:54 -0800 (XXX)

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:52:09, Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 09:47:00AM -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
> > Jay, the only thing i see wrong with your friends logo is that they
> > forgot the "2" :)  I'm going to be greedy and ask if you can post the
> > .xcf or .psd  or whatever file that image came from.  It's a great
> > design. 
> > 
> > If there are multiple people interested in creating a new logo, perhaps
> > we could hold a contest like many other programs (and wm's) have? (I
> > guess someone already suggested this?)
> > 
> > ** Mmmaybe the guys at http://contest.gimp.org/ would take care of the
> > submissions for us?  Someone more official than I want to contact them? 
> 
> Ehm, a member of the fvwm workers list is official enough in my eyes.
> You can be sure to have my support. You could say that you speak for
> the fvwm workers list.
>
[snip snip]
> Dominik

AND

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 21:36:08, Tomas Ogren <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 04 February, 1999 - Jay sent me these 0.5K bytes:
> > > I must not be part of the *In Crowd*, cause I'm not on a user name basis
> > > with Tigert. :)
> > > Will someone please ask Tigert, then...
> > > (I'd also like to submit my own logos, that's why i suggested a
> > > contest...)
> > 
> >       How about just getting a few together and letting the list
> > decide? 
> 
> I forwarded these last mails about tigert to him.. His response when I
> said "You have to draw a new logo" was: "EEEK" ...
> 
> Let's see if Tuomas paints something pretty... (I know he's very busy,
> but he has been an fvwm2-fanatic for quite a while, now switched to
> wmaker tho..)
> 
> He usually hangs around on #gimp on gimpnet (as I do too)
> (http://www.rru.com/~meo/gimp/faq-user.html#irc)
> 
> /Tomas

Did anyone post to contest.gimp.org (Patrick ?) about a logo for Fvwm ?

Any follow-ups relating to the matter ?

 - Nadim
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 13:27:04 +0100

> Any follow-ups relating to the matter ?

I've been discussing that in private with Patrick in the last weeks
(he wanted it so). It hasn't been forgotten. The contest should start
soon now.

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Pat Rogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 00:37:19 -0500

Nothing like a little "sudden motivation" :) .  Actually, my linux box
DIED!   So i took the opportunity to go out and buy a new machine.  All
I'll say is that it's blue, not an iMac, and doesn't run linux yet... 
But I'll deal :)

However, I'm now settled in and getting ready to upload v. 1.1 of the
logo page to someplace semi-public for your approval.  Once I get a yea
or nea, I'll upload the pages to 

    http://www.asclock.org, 

which will be officially sponsoring the contest (if/when it happens)
(thanks Beat).

Contest.gimp.org is a little strict on it's "requirements" e.g. you can
only use Gimp, and no Adobe products, etc...

It's ok to evangelize the Gimp, but that doesn't help me or us here.

~p@

---

From: Beat Christen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 19:34:08 +0100 (CET)

> which will be officially sponsoring the contest (if/when it happens)

Hosting the website is no problem if we keep the gifs distributed.
This means, like the themes-submit page on www.asclock.org, people will
have to host their own logo's on their own websites.

I can also hack together some code for instant voting + on-site thumbnails
of logo-entries.

Please tell me if that is acceptable.

-Beat