Subject: fvwm cvs access

From: Nagi M Aboulenein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:38:00 -0800

Hi All,

Quick question regarding "fvwm cvs".

Is there some way for people who live behind a firewall to obtain the
current fvwm tarball using ftp or http? I live behind a firewall that
unfortunately won't allow CVS to cross it. I noticed the presence of an
HTTP interface to fvwm cvs, but that requires a file-by-file approach to
downloading fvwm. I've also looked at the code under
ftp://ftp.fvwm.org/pub/fvwm/devel/sources, and found that it was an
incomplete image (e.g., misses "configure").

Would someone be willing to volunteer to generate snapshot tarballs and
make them available on ftp.fvwm.org? Probably on a weekly, biweekly or
even monthly basis would be more than sufficient...

Thanks,

Nagi Aboulenein
--
Disclaimer: I speak only for myself, not for Intel.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 23 Mar 1999 16:50:56 -0500

This was just discussed yesterday and this morning... it's being worked
on (daily (or s'thing) snapshots).

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Mar 1999 16:52:47 -0600

>>>>> "NMA" == Nagi M Aboulenein <[email-masked]> writes:

NMA> Would someone be willing to volunteer to generate snapshot tarballs
NMA> and make them available on ftp.fvwm.org?

Perhaps you weren't yet on the list earlier today; I promised to have
something going in the near term.  You can also just fetch the current
sources from /pub/fvwm/devel/sources if you find that simpler than getting
the whole tarball.  It will be quicker for small changes.

 - J<

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:21:07 +0100

> the whole tarball.  It will be quicker for small changes.

Jason, could you put a link to the snapshot in the web page
(with a warning that snapshots are not intended for testing only
and that they may not even compile)?

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]