Subject: .fvwmrc/.fvwm2rc

From: Julian Gilbey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 01:07:28 +0000 (GMT)

There are lots of files in the extras/ tree which refer to .fvwmrc.  I
think that we would do well to have a good clean-up of the
documentation.  I am willing to help do this if this is wanted.

   Julian

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

  Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. [email-masked]
             Debian GNU/Linux Developer.  [email-masked]
       -*- Finger [email-masked] for my PGP public key. -*-
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 09:43:56 -0500 (EST)

> documentation.  I am willing to help do this if this is wanted.

Yes, yes, it is wanted!

But you needn't bother with all the extras.  A few will be dropped during
the move to modules:

* Drop FvwmConfig because the author's documentation says it is
  "braindead" and he "discourages its use".

* Drop FvwmGoodStuff: obsoleted by FvwmButtons.

* Drop FvwmPipe: similar functionality is obtained using FvwmCommand.

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.