Subject: State of the CVS tree

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Mar 1999 20:30:10 -0600

We've had a lot of good commits lately, but we've also seen some degree of
breakage, too.

Does anyone have any big changes outstanding that they want to get in?

Did Jay's Gnome hint patches get in yet?  I don't recall seeing them.

I suggest that in a few days a bit of effort is spent on testing and
stabilization with an eye towards making a 2.3.1 testing release if things
work out well enough.  Why so soon?  Well, Gnome 1.0 came out today, for
one.  So we will soon have both a new crop of folks who can test the stuff
_and_ a crop of FVWM users going "why don't I get cool Gnome interaction?"
Plus the but count has ballooned with all of the new features, so it would
be good to get some stability back after the first wave of pent-up patches
has broken.

Oh, and also to help prevent Dom from having a coronary when he comes back
from vacation.

 - J<
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 04 Mar 1999 00:35:09 -0500

%% Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]> writes:

  jlt> Does anyone have any big changes outstanding that they want to
  jlt> get in?

Of course, there's the GSFR which was scheduled as "the" thing for 2.4.
No one's attempted it yet :)

  jlt> Did Jay's Gnome hint patches get in yet?  I don't recall seeing them.

Nope.  He posted a few days ago in response to your query, saying he was
going to make a new patch against 2.2 but he had a few nits to work out
first.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 01:22:10 -0500

> No one's attempted it yet :)

	I think it wouldn't hurt to stabilize what we've got and put out a
2.3.1 beta before we start on the GSFR, though.

- Bob

---

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 12:07:43 +0100

> Does anyone have any big changes outstanding that they want to get in?

I still have my window group stuff, but I'm happy to leave that for 2.4,
since I think it still needs some work (user-definable groups, user-settable
group resources (eg the group icon), etc).

> stabilization with an eye towards making a 2.3.1 testing release if things

I agree completely.

> _and_ a crop of FVWM users going "why don't I get cool Gnome interaction?"

I wonder what "cool Gnome interaction" they will actually get from the
Gnome hints stuff ? The only thing I could think of is the Gnome pager,
and, frankly, I think it is crap compared to the fvwm alternatives:
FvwmPager + WindowList. I'm personally quite happy with swallowing the
FvwmPager in the panel. (Please don't read this as an argument against
including the Gnome hints stuff.)

Matthias

-- 
Matthias Clasen, 
Tel. 0761/203-5606
Email: [email-masked]
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 21:12:30 +0100

> 2.3.1 beta before we start on the GSFR, though.

Agreed. I'd like to start with the GSFR as soon as the major
patches (like GNOME support) have bee applied.

[continued in a separate thread]

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]