Subject: Strange auto-raising

From: Lee Skinol <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Mar 99 23:47:21 EDT

Second question of the day...

I have what appears to be a bug or some sort of strange interaction
with FvwmAuto.  Here's what happens.

Let's say I'm running Netscape in a full-screen (but not maximized)
window, and I have several other full-screen Netscape windows
iconified.  Let's call the current full-screen window "A" and the
iconified ones "B", "C" and so on.  If I switch to the window list (I
have it bound as alt-tab :) and pick "C", C will animate itself up on
top, and then almost instantly pops down (lowers) to below "A".  If I
look at the window list, it shows "A" then "C" (as it appears on
screen) rather than the preferred and expected "C" then "A".

I also note that this doesn't always happen.  In fact, if "A" and "C"
were both non-iconified, the window list picking works as expected.  I
believe it almost always happens when "C" is iconified and brought to
the front via the window list.

One other thing.  When this happens, I see that the pointer jumps to
the upper left of the screen.  I have a feeling the problem is tied to
the FvwmAuto module, as in "if C pops up a few pixels to the right of
A but the cursor jumps to the upper left of the screen, the cursor
will be on A immediately after C is popped up, therefore A will
quickly be auto-raised."  Also, is the pointer supposed to jump to the
upper left corner when a window is popped up from the window list?

I'm open to suggestions as to the best way to pare down my .fvwm2rc to
reproduce this problem.  I can also patch in some code as need-be.

Thanks,
Lee
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]