Subject: FvwmCommand.pm unhappy with perl4

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Mar 1999 18:01:21 -0600

I'm trying to build a snapshot without reinstalling my whole bloody system.
A new m4, automake, autoconf, manual hacks on both to get them to run, and
how make blows up on FvwmCommand.pm.

The system in question calls perl4 "perl"; a modern version is "perl5".
Changing this would require the update of a bunch of other infrastructure
that probably doesn't work with perl5.

The make fails like so:

if test -n "/usr/local/bin/perl"; then /usr/local/bin/perl ./findcmd.pl /usr/local/libexec/fvwm/2.3.0   \
        < ../../fvwm/functions.c > FvwmCommand.pm;                              \
else echo Did not find perl during FVWM install > FvwmCommand.pm; fi
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../..  -I/usr/openwin/include    -g -O2 -c FvwmCommandS.c
syntax error in file ./findcmd.pl at line 18, next 2 tokens "my("
syntax error in file ./findcmd.pl at line 22, next 2 tokens "push @cmd"
syntax error in file ./findcmd.pl at line 28, next 2 tokens "my("
syntax error in file ./findcmd.pl at line 32, next 2 tokens "getcmd("
syntax error in file ./findcmd.pl at line 54, next 2 tokens "create_pm("
Execution of ./findcmd.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
make[4]: *** [FvwmCommand.pm] Error 255

If I can get around this, I can build snapshots.

 - J<
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 19:36:38 -0500 (EST)

> If I can get around this, I can build snapshots.

Try 

	PERL=/usr/local/bin/perl5 ./configure

Yeah, I know.  configure should ensure it really got a perl 5.