Subject: minimizing windows in fvwm2.2

From: "jason l. jordan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 01:07:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

  I noticed that if you minimize a window, and then drag it to another
screen, if you place the mouse pointer over the icon/window title, it
doesn't get highlighted/expanded.  Yet if you drag it back to its original
screen and place the mouse over it, the title gets highlighted/expanded.

  So it seems that placing the mouse over the icon will highlight the
window title if and only if the icon is on the same screen that it was
minimized on.  Is this the intended behavior?  My guess is no.  :)

  If this is just a misconfiguration on my part, feel free to lambaste me 
with insults, and/or pointers to what in my configuration may be causing
this behavior.

Thanks,
Jason

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:58:47 -0500

> with insults, and/or pointers to what in my configuration may be causing

I believe you have indentified a bug.

Another interesting symptom is that if you move an icon to a different
screen, deiconify it, go back to the orginal screen that it deiconified to,
and iconify it again, the icon disappears until you change desks and
come back again.

I'll send all of this to our bug tracking system.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:58:47 -0500