Subject: Weird stuff in current CVS

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 17:05:18 -0500

Tomas Ögren <[email-masked]> wrote:

>  Also, the windowshade/maximize stuff seems to have
> been taken out (works like that anyhow)..  You can't
> shade a max'd window / max a shaded window...

	Now I'm thoroughly befused and confuddled. (It's frustrating not being
able to track CVS directly during the day; I can't get to it till I get
home in the evening.)

	Is the code in the same state as it was night before last (EST), just
before you sent us your "horrible kludge" patch to try, or is it even
further behind? After I applied your patch, it all seemed to work fine.
However, I haven't seen a commit for it come through. I've assumed you
were trying to work out a more elegant solution.

	The latest that I've seen was from last night, which behaves as you
describe. But how does that compare with what your patch goes against?

- Bob
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tomas Ogren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 23:38:34 +0100

> able to track CVS directly during the day; I can't get to it till I get

-    if (!(tmp_win->flags & TITLE)) {
-       XBell(dpy, 0);
-       return;
+    if (!(tmp_win->flags & TITLE) || (tmp_win->flags & MAXIMIZED)) {
+      XBell(dpy, 0);
+      return;
     }

This little bugger slipped in from Dom ... without it, windowshading and
maximize are friends again. Will zap it..

> were trying to work out a more elegant solution.

I am .. but the problem is that there is a little code snippet in
SetupFrame that always should execute, except once before unshading a
shaded window... Pretty specific...

I see 3 solutions...
1) Use a global variable (my patch I sent.. kludge.. ugly)
2) Make another arg to SetupFrame (it's called from 27 places right now,
   will be a tad specific)
3) Copy the code to another func, specialized for the shading ..
   (adds code and can bring stuff out of sync if you change one but not
    the other..)

Neither of those solutions are optimal... Or should I stuff some
variable into the window bitfields?
if (tmp_win->flags & CURRENTLY_UNSHADING)  ....

/Tomas
-- 
Tomas Ögren, [email-masked], http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå
`- Sysadmin at {ing,acc}.umu.se
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]