Subject: using uninitialized variables

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 22:24:05 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I did some code cleanup in a seemingly-neverending quest to make 'gcc
-Wall' a viable option.  Right now -Wall generates too many warnings to be
useful. 

I have the libs/ and fvwm/ directories down to only two warnings (using
linux).  I think the final two warnings are real errors in that the
variables in question CAN be used without initialization in some cases. 
But the functions are too convoluted for me to follow.  If someone who
understands this has some time, would you please look into fixing these:

../../libs/Bindings.c: In function `ParseBinding':
../../libs/Bindings.c:245: warning: `keysym' might be used uninitialized in this function

../../fvwm/builtins.c: In function `WindowShade':
../../fvwm/builtins.c:456: warning: `new_width' might be used uninitialized in this function

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]