Subject: Status of X11::Fvwm Perl module

From: hot buttered fungus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 17:44:17 -0800 (PST)

I have only very recently been able to chisel out enough spare time to actually
build 2.2 on my machine and verify that it even works for me. Most of what
free time I've had in recent weeks has been taken up by some kernel-oriented
problems on my box (a laptop) that were mostly due to oddities of the box
itself, not Linux (though recent patches to the 2.2.X line have helped my
stability greatly).

I think that the config.h produced by configure may actually be of greater
use to the Makefile.PL that configures the module for building. As for the
code itself, the only compiled C code is an auto-translation of constants from
the header file into a "constant" subroutine defined within the X11::Fvwm
namespace. Unless there have been some major changes to the set of constants,
this should work fine. I also need to check to see if any of the message
packets have made noteworthy changes to their structure/format.

I appreciate the interest that has been demonstrated, I had begun to think I
was the only one using the module :-). As for distributing it, I prefer to
keep the distribution controlled by CPAN, the Comprehensive Perl Archive
Network. This serves a dual purpose: I can release bug-fixes and upgrades
independant of FVWM, and the FVWM distribution isn't further bloated. However,
a pointer to it in the relevant files would be great, and after I get it up
to speed with 2.2, I'd be happy to even write a longer blurb that can be
dropped in alongside the README file (or whereever apropos).

Randy
-- 
[email-masked]

Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]