Subject: Re: FVWM CVS: fvwm dane

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 14:34:32 +0000

Nice work with FvwmForm!

Just a few tiddlers:

FvwmAnimate is still specifying black text on the form and FvwmForm
doesn't handle variable width fonts for labels, It's fine on buttons and
I don't think there's a need for it in the input fields.

Cheers,
Tim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 09:58:15 -0500

> Nice work with FvwmForm!

Thanks.  I think I've just scratched the surface.

> FvwmAnimate is still specifying black text on the form and FvwmForm

Oops!  I just committed the fix for that.

> I don't think there's a need for it in the input fields.

Proportional fonts are working for me, or are you refering to the fact
that the form width doesn't come out exactly right?

> Tim.

Right now, I'm trying to get the form to react to resizes and extend
the error message area when the form is made larger.  Once that works
I think we can blow away FvwmTalk.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 15:04:51 +0000

> that the form width doesn't come out exactly right?

Yes, that's what I meant, it comes out too wide.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 10:17:54 -0500

> Yes, that's what I meant, it comes out too wide.

OK, now I'm with you.  I wonder if this relates to the logic in
FvwmForm.c, line 785:

line->size_x += (line->n + 1) * ITEM_HSPC;

which has me totally mystified.

line->n is the width in characters.  ITEM_HSPC is 10.

What I can't figure out is why it seems to work.

This just happens to be the logic I was  trying to understand for form
resizes.

Anyway, I think proportional fonts for text will be working soon...