Subject: borders and hilighting

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:53:58 +0100

Tim, since you are busy with the window borders I have a request.
The last time I cared to take a look the hilighting code for the
focused window was embedded into the border drawing code.

It would be nice if you could hilight any window, not just the
focused one. Could you filter the hilighting code from borders.c
into a new function (and perhaps even file) in a way that allows
to hilight any window independently? The code for drawing borders
should just provide the window to be hilighted and call a function.

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:38:46 +0000

> should just provide the window to be hilighted and call a function.

The logic for hilighting is all at the start of the SetBorder function.
I won't have time before next week to do anything.  There is logic in
there that unhilights Scr.hilite by calling SetBorder again so you'll
have to pull that out if you want independence. Apart from that it is
pretty well what you want already. 

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 18:38:18 +0100

On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 04:38:46PM +0000, Tim Phipps wrote:
> I won't have time before next week to do anything.

I'm in no particular hurry since if I'd have to do it it won't be before
May.

> There is logic in

I tried it once before 2.2, but it was too disruptive then. The main
problem was that the code referred to the hilighted window. I'd really
appreciate if you could do that (I'm aiming at the configurable hilight
colour).

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:49:20 +0000

> appreciate if you could do that (I'm aiming at the configurable hilight

Can't you get configurable highlight using decors?

Oh, I just read the BorderStyle man section and it only allows
TiledPixmap so you can only get configurable hilight if you provide
pixmaps. And the shadow colours are calculated from the Hilight colour.

I think we should concentrate on making BorderStyle a bit more identical
to TitleStyle/ButtonStyle.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 20:07:13 +0100

> Can't you get configurable highlight using decors?

Yes, you can, but this is a bit extreme for so simple a feature.

> to TitleStyle/ButtonStyle.

Feel free :) I've too many things on my to do list to help here.

Bye

Dominik