Subject: Compilation problems

From: [email-masked] (Fabien Villard)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:39:38 +0100

Hello all.

	Steve sent me yesterday a 2.3.0 tarball to test the VMS port 
integration. I have the following problems:
	1 - I haven't the shape extension but a line in x_pager.c is not
protected with the #ifdef SHAPE: output from the Dec C compiler: 

|  if(((Scr.CurrentDesk - desk1)  == i) && !ShapeLabels)
|...........................................^
|%CC-E-UNDECLARED, In this statement, "ShapeLabels" is not declared.
|at line number 1048 in file 
|DISK$THOR:[THOR_USR.VILLARD_F.ARCHIVES.VMS.FVWM-2300.MODULES.FVWMPAGER]X_PAGER.C;1
	I added the #ifdef required.

	2 - In menus.c:

|      (int)keychar = tolower((int)keychar) ;
|......^
|%CC-E-NEEDLVALUE, In this statement, "(int)keychar" is not an lvalue, but occurs 
|in a context that requires one. at line number 436 in file 
|DISK$THOR:[THOR_USR.VILLARD_F.ARCHIVES.VMS.FVWM-2300.FVWM]MENUS.C;1
	I removed the "(int)" cast from the lvalue.

	3 - In graphics.c:

|  XSegment seg[line_width];
|...............^
|%CC-E-NEEDCONSTEXPR, In the declaration of "seg", "line_width" is not constant, 
|but occurs in a context that requires a constant expression.
|at line number 19 in file DARC:[VMS.FVWM-2300.LIBS]GRAPHICS.C;4
	I replaced the line with:
  XSegment *seg;
(...)
  seg = (XSegment *)safemalloc(sizeof(XSegment) * line_width);

	Fab.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]