Subject: Notification: incoming/232

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:30:22 -0600 (CST)

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/232

Message summary for PR#232
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: FVWM2 interaction with PCXware
	Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:30:20 -0600 (CST)
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:19:49 +0000

> We are running fvwm on top of PCXWare on Windows NT. Sigh.
> With fvwm 2.1.5 and earlier, fvwm windows could be raised above the native
> NT windows.

This was changed to sort out the stacking order problems with restarting
and the problems with autoraise windows being raised above their menus. 
I don't think it will be possible to change this behaviour without
breaking something else.

I have a similar set-up so I can sympathize,  I gave up trying to manage
X and NT windows at the same time and switched the XServer to be full
screen.  It might be easier to work in mixed mode if there was a way to
lower NT windows, but I expect you would need a shareware app and a
reboot to get it working.

Cheers,
Tim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]