Subject: Re: OpenVMS, same player shoots again

From: [email-masked] (Fabien Villard)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:28:59 +0100

>Unless someone else with update access volunteers,  I vote for giving
>Fabien update access.

	Why not. It could be a good reason for me to learn how to use CVS from 
my linux box at home... Thanks for the trust, Dan.
	Fabien
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Fabien Villard)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:32:12 +0100

>OK, please also send it to me at this address: <[email-masked]>.
>Thanks.
	I will. Tonight. For me :-)
	Fab.

---

From: [email-masked] (Fabien Villard)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:36:18 +0100

>configure won't run under VMS, I don't think.  Plus the "makefiles" are
>quite a bit different.
	I've heard of a port of configure. But probably an old version. And i'd 
prefer not rely on it for a lot of potential VMS users won't go in the pain of 
using it.

>In my support for VMS in GNU make, I just include extra files like a
>make script, etc. and a README.vms describing how to build it.  Those
>systems are typically a lot more homogeneous than *nix systems, so
>something the size of configure isn't needed.
	That's true. I've done exactly that for Fvwm.

>I make a "config.h.vms" which is basically a "normal" config.h, but with
>the VMS #defines, etc. hardcoded; then the README tells people to rename
>it to config.h.
	Well I also have a carefully written (I think, but users will tell :-) 
readme.vms explaning how to build and install, what to do in case of fail, and 
what I thought have to be change in the code to have it run.

>Also, you can convince automake to generate the dependency list stuff
>separately, then append it to special makefiles for other architectures.
	I've built an archaique dependency MMS file (MMS is the functionnaly 
equivalent of make, less powerfull).
	Fab.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 12:49:24 -0500

Dan Espen <[email-masked]> wrote

> I vote for giving Fabien update access.

     Seconded.

     (That is, if this gets through: I think our mail servers were doing
some heavy drugs in the wee hours of the morning!)

- Bob