Subject: Re: List of Debian FVWM bugs

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 12:50:36 -0500

Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> probably wrote:

> >  8954  FvwmPager should allow windows to be moved in it => windows
> >        moving in main window.
> 
> Hmm, if this is about being able to drop windows into the pager
> then the answer is not, not in the code at the moment. Of course
> you can move windows in the pager.

	I think this is the old request to have the pager window icon updated
in real time as you drag the window that it represents on the desktop. I
believe it used to do this, and somewhere along the line the feature was
removed; I don't know why. Frankly, I could probably do without the
extra overhead of this feature, so, if it's reinstated, I think it
should be an option. In any case, I'd call it an enhancement request,
not a bug.

- Bob
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 00:51:37 +0100

> should be an option. In any case, I'd call it an enhancement request,

This "feature" is not possible with the pager being an external program
since fvwm has a grab on the server while it moves the window. It may have
been possible some time, when the pager was a part of fvwm proper.  

-- 
Matthias Clasen, 
Tel. 0761/203-5606
Email: [email-masked]
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Julian Gilbey)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 21:31:10 +0000 (GMT)

> in real time as you drag the window that it represents on the desktop. I

No, it's a request to have the ability to move windows on the desktop
by moving the icons in the Pager.  It's probably already been
implemented.

   Julian

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

  Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. [email-masked]
             Debian GNU/Linux Developer.  [email-masked]
       -*- Finger [email-masked] for my PGP public key. -*-
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]