Subject: fvwm.org mail test

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:39:36 +0100

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 18 Feb 1999 09:30:02 -0500

%% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
> Subject: fvwm.org mail test
> To: [email-masked]
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^

I noticed this on my test message, too; I sent to fvwm.org but the
address got rewritten somehow.  I think this is a bit confusing; can the
uh.edu systems be configured to keep the fvwm.org domain instead of
replacing it?

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Feb 1999 00:58:11 -0600

>>>>> "PDS" == Paul D Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

PDS> I think this is a bit confusing; can the uh.edu systems be configured
PDS> to keep the fvwm.org domain instead of replacing it?

I have 'allmasquerade' turned on (for those familiar with Sendmail).  I
will probably turn it off (since I've found that it's not the best idea for
other reasons), but I really can't see why this is an issue.

 - J<

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 19 Feb 1999 09:44:28 -0500

jlt> I have 'allmasquerade' turned on (for those familiar with
  jlt> Sendmail).  I will probably turn it off (since I've found that
  jlt> it's not the best idea for other reasons), but I really can't see
  jlt> why this is an issue.

Not "an issue", just "a bit confusing" :).

It's fine for now but over time as the old addresses really start to
disappear, people may begin to wonder why the address is wrong.

Also, of course, when you followup to a post you'll be sending to the
uh.edu address; that will work but again, slightly confusing.

And finally, people often sort or filter mail on From: addresses like
this; they may find it slightly confusing to need a different address in
the filter than they use when they send mail.