Subject: New folks

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 27 Feb 1999 21:03:47 -0500

It's nice to see more folks adding good code.

I would just like to remind people of a few "rules of the road":

 1) _Every_ change must be properly ChangeLogged.  If you use Emacs, you
    can do this oh-so-trivially with the C-x 4 a command; it will add a
    header (if it's a new day), the name of the file, and even the name
    of the function you're currently in.

    If you start adding them as you change functions, it'll soon become
    second-nature and we'll get proper changelogs.

 2) If you add a new user-visible feature, please add a blurb about it
    to the NEWS file.  A couple sentences is fine; don't repeat the
    documentation but give folks enough of an idea so they can decide if
    they want to learn more.  Bug fixes (unless they're _really_ user
    visible) shouldn't be noted in the NEWS file.

 3) If you add a new user-visible feature, please don't forget to update
    the appropriate man pages at the same time.

 4) Of course, compile and test before committing!

Welcome!

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]