Subject: Doc upgrade

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 04 Feb 1999 15:50:57 -0500

I made a first pass through replacing uh.edu stuff with fvwm.org stuff.
I also reworked the information about the mailing lists, recommending
the [email-masked] addresses instead of majordomo itself.

Please take a look.

Note that I can't seem to access either the bug database or the mailing
list archives via the new www.fvwm.org domain, so I left those links as
they were.  I also couldn't get to cvsweb via www.fvwm.org (although I
don't think it's referenced anywhere--we should probably put a reference
to it in cvs.html or someplace).

I also found some files which appear to be useless: are they still used
for something or should we remove them?

  ftp.html      -- superceded by mailinglist.html?
  version.html  -- not referenced anywhere?
  fvwm-2.xx.lsm -- did we decide this wasn't needed?

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Feb 1999 16:02:11 -0600

>>>>> "PDS" == Paul D Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

PDS> Note that I can't seem to access either the bug database or the
PDS> mailing list archives via the new www.fvwm.org domain, so I left those
PDS> links as they were.

The mailing list archives haven't moved yet; they're still served from
another machine.  The bug database works just fine from here at
http://www.fvwm.org/cgi-bin/fvwm-bug.

PDS> I also couldn't get to cvsweb via www.fvwm.org (although I don't think
PDS> it's referenced anywhere--we should probably put a reference to it in
PDS> cvs.html or someplace).

The CVS tree is still sitting on the old Sun machine because folks
complained that the new machine was slower.  CVSweb has to live with CVS;
either that or I mirror the raw tree somehow.

 - J<

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 05 Feb 1999 10:15:23 -0500

%% Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]> writes:

  jlt> The mailing list archives haven't moved yet; they're still served
  jlt> from another machine.  The bug database works just fine from here
  jlt> at http://www.fvwm.org/cgi-bin/fvwm-bug.

Hmm, works for me too.  I could have sworn it didn't when I tried it
last week.  Maybe I fat-fingered the URL.

  jlt> The CVS tree is still sitting on the old Sun machine because
  jlt> folks complained that the new machine was slower.  CVSweb has to
  jlt> live with CVS; either that or I mirror the raw tree somehow.

It completely doesn't matter to me, I was just pointing out why greps
for "uh.edu" will continue to turn up hits :)