Subject: Re: Notification: incoming/170

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 07:54:01 -0500

==============================================
    My outgoing mail via my ISP last night seems to be all over
the floor - apologies if this eventually shows up as a duplicate.
    ==============================================

Michael Han <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Previously...
> >I use mouse button 1 to move (on border, titlebar, corner ..) and if
I
> >use globalopts MouseFocusClickReises then I can't move Netscape's
find
> >window (it has only border)
>
> I don't think this is exactly a bug as everything is working as
> intended here.

     I think it is an old bug. It sounded familiar, so I checked the
archives. There was some discussion back in Sept, 1997, when the problem

was reported by Andrew Veliath. My reply at the time was

BW>>         Followed your directions, and can duplicate the situation
BW>> exactly. I can see where the code in HandleButtonPress (events.c)
BW>> goes astray, exiting prematurely without checking to see whether
there
BW>> are functions  bound to the mouse event, when you have the
combination
BW>> of an undecorated  transient, MouseFocus, and
MouseFocusClickRaises.
BW>> So it's not just unmovable, it won't respond to any function you
may have
BW>> bound to a mouse action on the window borders. I need to understand
a
BW>> little more about just what's going on at this point to offer a
fix.
BW>> Perhaps I'll have some time in the next couple of days to look into
it
BW>> a little more deeply.

     Obviously, neither I nor anyone else found the time to look more
deeply, and the matter didn't generate a lot of interest at the time.

     As well as I recall, the code was pretty convoluted, and in the
limited time I had to look at it, I got fairly confused trying to figure

out what to do about it. I would think that by now that section of the
code had been significantly reworked, and in any case my memory of it
is totally cold.

     Am I overlooking something - i.e., is there a good reason why one
shouldn't be able to bind a function to the border of such a window?

- Bob

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:38:19 +0100

I can't see a reason. I get the same behaviour easily. Bob, if you'd
volunteer to make a patch (post 2.2) we'd all be a bit happier.

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]