Subject: documentation trivia

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 23:48:05 +0100

Little things I noted while skimming over the docs:

docs/fvwm.lsm:  s/distributied/distributed/

man page:
There are a few command prototypes (ColormapFocus, Emulate,
EdgeThickness), which use [ x | y | z ] to denote a required
argument with possible values x, y or z while all others use
[ opt ] to denote an optional argument. This is inconsistent
(although it is never explicitly mentioned that [ ] means
optional args).

Popup: the command prototype has double-click-action,
but the text speaks about default-action.

Read: the "option" argument is optional, thus it should be
put in brackets in the prototype. Its occurrence in the text
should be highlighted.

SetAnimation: put the optional fractions-to-move-list in brackets

SnapAttraction: put the optional behavior in brackets. The text
mentions a "SnapGrid option". That would better be a "SnapGrid command".

UpdateDecor: put the optional decor in brackets

With the fvwm version being 2.2 now, why is the man page still
named fvwm2.1 ? :-)

Matthias

-- 
Matthias Clasen, 
Tel. 0761/203-5606
Email: [email-masked]
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].