Subject: candidate3

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:30:42 +0100

I have added Jay's config example to the distribution.
Now I fix a few manpage problems. Th third candidate
will be ready in half an hour or so. Jason, please
proceed with candidate3 as agreed for the last one
(i.e. *ANNOUNCE IT*).

Bye

Dominik

P.S.: Dan, you forgot to update the Makefile.am when
you added that side pixmap. It wasn't in the tarball.

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Randall S. Winchester" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:39:22 -0500 (EST)

When I installed canidate2, then killed and restarted fvwm2, the mouse
postion moved diagonally toward the south-east position of the screen be
several inches. When I restart fvwm2 with the cursor less then those several
inches from the south-east corner, I come up in the wrong virtual window.

The same thing happens when I "restart fvwm2" from the menu.

An annoying little bug.

FYI,
Randall

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Feb 1999 11:26:33 -0600

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> Th third candidate will be ready in half an hour or so.

It's moved.

BTW, Dom, I'm seeing some interesting things regarding your email
addresses.  On an earlier message I forgot to trim out additional CCs and
sent a message to [email-masked].  It bounced (user unknown):

   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to mx0.gmx.net.:
>>> RCPT To:<[email-masked]>
<<< 550 <dominik_vogt>... User unknown or not available - Empfaenger unbekannt oder nicht erreichbar
550 [email-masked]... User unknown
Reporting-MTA: dns; epithumia.math.uh.edu
Arrival-Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 22:44:08 -0600

In the logs for the primary MX for fvwm.org, I see several of the following:

Feb 21 19:17:54 karazm sendmail[25892]: TAA25892: ruleset=check_mail, arg1=<[email-masked]>, relay=[195.182.114.13], reject=501 <[email-masked]>... Sender domain must exist

Is that you?  Don't put non-resolving addresses as your envelope sender;
most modern MTAs will reject the messages and if I actually ever finish
upgrading all of the servers, you won't be able to send any mail at all to
the FVWM lists (which would be a bad thing).

XYX:karazm:/var/log> host darksun.planet-interkom.de 
Host not found.

XYX:karazm:/var/log> host -a planet-interkom.de 
Trying null domain
rcode = 0 (Success), ancount=5
The following answer is not authoritative:
planet-interkom.de      15808 IN        NS      ns.vi-internet.de
[...]

XYX:karazm:/var/log> host darksun.planet-interkom.de ns.vi-internet.de 
Using domain server:
Name: ns.vi-internet.de
Address: 195.182.114.13 195.182.114.12
Aliases:

Host not found.

So it's really not in DNS anywhere, even on the primary nameserver for your
domain.

 - J<

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:11:28 +0100

> sent a message to [email-masked].  It bounced (user unknown):

Oops, that should be [email-masked]. I made a typo in my .muttrc.

> the FVWM lists (which would be a bad thing).

Heck! Yes, that's me. So this is the reason why I can't send to fvwm.org
from home. This should be [email-masked]. 'avatar' is my
login name and 'DarkSun' the hostname of my machine. I've no idea why
these are used when I send to fvwm.org. This seems to work when I send
to hpc.uh.edu. Any hints what I have to change here? Is it some
misconfiguration in sendmail.cf? I'm rather helpless here, never tried
to configure anything related to email.

> XYX:karazm:/var/log> host darksun.planet-interkom.de 

Of course. This can't work. Nobody knows my hostname.

> planet-interkom.de      15808 IN        NS      ns.vi-internet.de

This looks right.

Bye

Dominik