Subject: Nice job...

From: Greg Badros <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Feb 1999 15:16:22 -0800

Congratulations to you all on a really nice job in getting a new version
of fvwm2 together!  Though I'm not very active with fvwm2 development
now (due to Scwm), I'm glad to see it improving.  Candidate4 built for
me w/o any problems.  I'm now more convinced that there'll always be an
important place for fvwm2 (and that trying to merge fvwm2 and Scwm
would've been a mistake) as I'm now stuck using a heavily-loaded older
box across a network and Scwm is a bit too unresponsive to use
pleasantly.  I'm back to fvwm2 until my computing setup improves to
mid-90s power!

Thanks for keeping a good wm going.  My fvwm-workers entry for the
AUTHORS file is below (mostly written by grep-ping for me in the NEWS
file, and looking for my comments in the source).

Greg J. Badros:
Substantial rewrite of fvwm2.0 menuing code to support arbitrary depth
menus, animated menus, Win95 look, better logically-based shortcut keys,
auto-splitting of long menus, check for re-used hot-keys, integrated
LEFT_MENUS option.  Added primitives: animated-moves, SetEnv, fix to
Echo. Improve modules: Make FvwmM4 pass args on to m4, font-related
seg-fault bug fix in FvwmButtons

Thanks,
Greg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:36:39 -0500

> pleasantly.  I'm back to fvwm2 until my computing setup improves to

A while ago, I  happened to look thru  some old fvwm e-mails including
Brady's announcement, followed by the "You have to  hit me pretty hard
before I quit" thread and the events that ensued.

And now Greg comes up with this...

This has to   be the most  rewarding software  project I've  ever been
involved  in.   Its just plain  overwhelming.  My   thanks to EVERYONE
involved.

> Greg

Thanks,
Dan
--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].