Subject: Notification: incoming/199

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 19:58:37 -0600 (CST)

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/199

Message summary for PR#199
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: hiding windows from FvwmPager
	Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 19:58:36 -0600 (CST)
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:32:03 -0800

Previously...
>It would be nice if Fvwm2 had a built in mechanism for hiding certain
>windows (eg. FvwmButtons and other sticky windows) from the FvwmPager.
>This mechanism would probably be best implemented as either a Style
>option or a list to a "*FvwmPagerHide(a,b,c,d,e,f,...)" directive where
>"a,b,c,d,e,f,..." are the X resource names of the things to hide.

It's not exactly the same thing, but in terms of being simpler to do,
I imagine *FvwmPagerUseSkipList might be a good idea.
-- 
[email-masked]
No one wants to hear my armpits
 - The collected wisdom of Bart Simpson
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:00:17 -0330 (NST)

> I imagine *FvwmPagerUseSkipList might be a good idea.

A description of the FvwmPagerUseSkipList seems to be missing from the 
FvwmPager man page so I don't know about it... is this a new feature of
2.2 (which I have installed)?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:48:47 -0800

Previously...
>2.2 (which I have installed)?

Sorry, what I meant was that if there's going to be a new command, the
syntax and complexity you propose adding seems pretty heavy-duty, and
that implementing UseSkipList, which is supported in other modules
like IconMan and WinList seems a simpler approach. Consistent with
existing modules/syntax, simpler to do, etc. But it doesn't yet exist.
-- 
[email-masked]
No one is interested in my underpants
 - The collected wisdom of Bart Simpson
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 20:01:58 -0330 (NST)

> existing modules/syntax, simpler to do, etc. But it doesn't yet exist.

As far as documentation goes:

I now recall seeing the UseSkipList option in the FvwmWinList manual (as
I was just able to verify, FvwmWinListUseSkipList is documented). I don't 
think the feature exists for FvwmIconMan either though (again, nothing 
in the manual).

As far as the feature and its syntax goes:

I agree with you that it would be a better approach to integrate a 
FvwmWinList like syntax for this feature.
The feature I am suggesting for the FvwmPager used to be present in Fvwm1:
it used to be integrated into FvwmWinList so that adding the
*FvwmWinListUseSkipList directive would not only hide window x from the 
window list module but it would also hide it from the pager. This was a bit 
cumbersome as I wanted to have FvwmWinList show all windows while I
wanted the pager to show only a subset of the ones appearing in the 
window list.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 07:53:43 -0500

> think the feature exists for FvwmIconMan either though (again, nothing 

     *FvwmIconMan*[id*]usewinlist boolean
          If true, then honor the WinListSkip style flag.  Other-
          wise,  all  windows  are subject to possible management
          according to the show and dontshow lists.

> wanted the pager to show only a subset of the ones appearing in the 
This feature probably existed in fvwm.1 when fvwm had a built in pager, so now we need to just port the skiplist stuff into yet a nother module.  Sigh, yet another argument for for a common module library.

Brad
 
-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]