Subject: [[email-masked]: Re: FVWM: Lost key bindings in 2.1.10]

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:39:57 +0100

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:46:19 +0000
Subject: Re: FVWM: Lost key bindings in 2.1.10
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

Dominik Vogt wrote:
> >   As of 2.1.10 (possibly - I know it worked in 2.1.5, nor sure about the
> > in-betweenies) my Meta+{Home/End/PageUp/PageDown} below have stopped
> > working. The up/down/left/right ones work OK.
> Neil, I have a patch in the 'Key binding problem, 2.1.6+'
> thread. Can you check if it solves your problem?

  Further to this: with 2.1.11, plus your two key & menu patches,  the
following *locks* fvwm:

Key Tab        AWTSFI 1       Prev FlipFocus
Key Tab        AWTSFI 1A      \
   WindowList Root c c Alphabetic NoDeskSort NoGeometry "Prev FlipFocus"

  .. with:

[FVWM][ParseBindEntry]: <<WARNING>> Binding specified AnyModifier and
other modi
fers too. Excess modifiers will be ignored.

  Of course, that's not be the way to do it! I keep putting 'A' for 'Alt'
(not 'M' for 'Meta').

  As an aside: with M in there instead of A, the '1' only definition
doesn't work - it's overridden by the '1M' one, even when Meta's not held
down.

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 318 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-111 days! ]

----- End forwarded message -----

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:26:09 +0100

> fers too. Excess modifiers will be ignored.

I see no hang. You get some unnecessary X errors and the binding doesn't
work at all, but nothing hangs. I've made a small patch to the code that
fixes both. Perhaps it helps you too. In bindings.c add this line:

  if((mods & AnyModifier)&&(mods&(~AnyModifier)))
  {
    fvwm_msg(WARN,"ParseBindEntry",
             "Binding specified AnyModifier and other modifers too. Excess modifiers will be ignored.");
    mods &= AnyModifier;  <-- this one is new
  }

> doesn't work - it's overridden by the '1M' one, even when Meta's not held

Isn't '1' and 'M' the same on your system? Anyway that's the way it works.
You have to press *all* the modifiers you specified in the list and not
just one of them. If you want bindings for 'M' and '1' and both you have
to place them on three lines:

  Key tab A 1 beep
  Key tab A M beep
  Key tab A 1M beep

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]