Subject: FVWM_MODULEDIR

From: [email-masked] (Julian Gilbey)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 02:29:20 +0000 (GMT)

The FVWM_MODULEDIR seems to be hard-wired into the configure.in script
in 2.2 as ${libexecdir}/${PACKAGE}/${VERSION}.  Why is this?  Can it
be made configurable?

   Julian

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

  Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. [email-masked]
             Debian GNU/Linux Developer.  [email-masked]
       -*- Finger [email-masked] for my PGP public key. -*-
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 26 Feb 1999 09:45:05 -0500

%% [email-masked] (Julian Gilbey) writes:

  jg> The FVWM_MODULEDIR seems to be hard-wired into the configure.in
  jg> script in 2.2 as ${libexecdir}/${PACKAGE}/${VERSION}.  Why is
  jg> this?  Can it be made configurable?

You can override it by setting a new value on the make line:

  $ make FVWM_MODULEIDR=/my/special/module/dir
  $ make install FVWM_MODULEIDR=/my/special/module/dir

We should fix this so you can do it at configure time, like this:

  $ FVWM_MODULEDIR=/my/special/module/dir ./configure ...

too, but right now you can't do that... :(

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 13:19:37 -0500 (EST)

> too, but right now you can't do that... :(

Now you can!  I'm checking it in now.

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

There's a little bit of Elvis in everybody.
Except Michael J. Fox -- he's the anti-Elvis.