Subject: whitespace in multistyle configs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 19:45:49 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Michael Han
Version: 
CVS_Date: Feb 19 1999
OS: RedHat Linux 4 (libc5.3.12)
X_Server: Accelerated X 2.1
Submission from: (NULL) (206.86.216.254)

Hi, has anyone else noticed that inserting whitespace after the open
paren in a complex multistyle line (ButtonStyle, TitleStyle, etc.)
causes a segfault? I never noticed it before but was working on a new
.fvwm2rc (for Windoze users) from scratch and tripped this one up...
The code gets too hairy for me to follow, but it looks like at
fvwm/builtins.c:3361 fvwm2 tries to free(spec)... It's definitely
caused by the whitespace leading the block in parens.

Here's a trivially short .fvwm2rc that demonstrates the problem...
Should segfault fvwm2:

<<Clip
# Seems fvwm2 doesn't like the WS on the inside of the parens.

TitleStyle ActiveUp ( HGradient 32 NavyBlue "rgb:10/84/d0" -- flat)
Clip

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].