Subject: Release of 2.2 on monday?

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 02:31:53 +0100

I'm aware that not everybody had a chance to look at
the 2.2 candidate2 over the weekend. Some things have come
up in the documentation that I'm willing to ignore. So,
unless something critical is found I'd like to announce
it as 2.2.

Jason, please take care of announcing 2.2 tomorrow when
everyone had enough time to comment on candidate2. The
ANNOUNCE file is ready for posting in the package and I
trust you know where to send it (I've long lost track
myself). fvwm-2.2.candidate2.tar.gz should just be
renamed to fvwm-2.2.tar.gz before moving it to version2.
The candidate1 file should be thrown away since there
isn't a way to retrieve it from CVS anyway.

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jay Kuri <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:57:09 -0500 (EST)

Hi Dominik, everyone,

I apologize for dissappearing for awhile, I've been away.  I have a sample
fvwmrc file that shows off a little bit more of the fvwm2 options and
explains the configs line by line ... I think it would be a great addition
to 2.2... Should I forward it or is it too late for the release?

Jay

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Feb 1999 19:57:00 -0600

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> Jason, please take care of announcing 2.2 tomorrow when everyone had
DV> enough time to comment on candidate2.

OK, I'll be watching the list.  I certainly won't do anything in the
morning (except for a new FVWM compile).

DV> fvwm-2.2.candidate2.tar.gz should just be renamed to fvwm-2.2.tar.gz
DV> before moving it to version2. The candidate1 file should be thrown away
DV> since there isn't a way to retrieve it from CVS anyway.

Done.  It's still in the testing directory.

 - J<

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 03:01:49 +0100

> Done.  It's still in the testing directory.

Ah, I meant to rename it when we are announcing it.

Bye

Dominik

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 03:03:06 +0100

> to 2.2... Should I forward it or is it too late for the release?

By all means, post it. Adding a file is easy and can be
done without checking anything (except if the tarball still
builds of course).

Bye

Dominik

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Feb 1999 22:44:07 -0600

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> Ah, I meant to rename it when we are announcing it.

Oops.  OK, I've un-renamed it.

 - J<

---

From: Jay Kuri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 01:40:47 -0500 (EST)

> done without checking anything (except if the tarball still

Ok... Here it is... attached.  It is also available at:

http://oneway.com/jay/fvwm/fvwmrc-sample-jk.tar

and a screenshot of what it looks like (on an 800x600 display)

http://oneway.com/jay/fvwm/screenshot.jpg

Please feel free to look over the comments and correct any mistakes I
might have made.  I was a little lax in menu-definition documentation..
but I think it turned out well nonetheless.

Oh.. the tarball includes 6 xpms.  (buttons and a single icon)

Any feedback you guys give would be appreciated,

'Til Later,

Jay

---

From: Patrick Rogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 03:18:55 -0500

Sorry for the late notice on this, but I just uploaded a tarball which
contains several nice icons, mini icons, and shaped buttons for
FvwmButtons to my tripod account.

It also includes a README file that explains in great length how to use
these icons.

Please proof the README and make sure I didn't mess anything up! :)

you can find the tarball at:

  http://members.tripod.com/~rrrogaine/fvwmiconpack-pat.tgz

and a preview image at:

  http://members.tripod.com/~rrrogaine/fvwmiconpack-pat.gif

I hoped this could make it into the 2.2 distribution, but I'ts my fault
for not getting it out sooner!

Enjoy!
~p@