Subject: A 2.2.x branch created.

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 25 Feb 1999 03:49:54 -0500

I created a branch-2_2 branch in CVS off of the 2.2.0 release, and I
checked in some changes to update the version to 2.2.1.

If you want to work on the 2.2.x releases, what you need to do is check
out a copy of the tree with the "-r branch-2_2" option.  Alternatively
you can switch a current workspace to the branch by using "cvs update -r
branch-2_2".

Note that once you move to this, that workspace will always be checking
out and in from the branch (since that workspace now has a "sticky
branch tag").  See the CVS docs.

In general I recommend keeping two workspaces, one set to the latest
2.3.x development and one to the 2.2.x branch.

I suppose any changes we make that are real bugfixes (core dump fixes,
etc.) definitely should be made to 2.2.1 as well.  As for some of the
minor feature enhancements... I'm ambivilant :)

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Feb 1999 11:13:40 -0600

>>>>> "PDS" == Paul D Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

PDS> I created a branch-2_2 branch in CVS off of the 2.2.0 release, and I
PDS> checked in some changes to update the version to 2.2.1.

I'll see about getting an expanded version of this into cvs.html.

BTW, would anyone object to some .cvsignore files?  If you get any question
marks during a cvs update then you've found something that needs to go into
.cvsignore.

 - J<

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 26 Feb 1999 15:24:14 -0500

%% Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]> writes:

  jlt> BTW, would anyone object to some .cvsignore files?  If you get
  jlt> any question marks during a cvs update then you've found
  jlt> something that needs to go into .cvsignore.

I'd love some :).