Subject: Re: FVWM: Lost key bindings in 2.1.10

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:43:54 +0100

On Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 03:22:49PM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
>   As of 2.1.10 (possibly - I know it worked in 2.1.5, nor sure about the
> in-betweenies) my Meta+{Home/End/PageUp/PageDown} below have stopped
> working. The up/down/left/right ones work OK.
> 
>   Anyone else had this?
> 
>   ----
> 
> Key Left       A      1       Scroll -100    0
> Key Right      A      1       Scroll  100    0
> Key Up         A      1       Scroll    0 -100
> Key Down       A      1       Scroll    0  100
> Key Home       A      1       Scroll -100 -100
> Key Page_Up    A      1       Scroll  100 -100
> Key End        A      1       Scroll -100  100
> Key Page_Down  A      1       Scroll  100  100

We've had some reports about key bindings, but we couldn't
reproduce them and the reporters were unwilling to cooperate
with us so we don't know if our fixes work. Please try to
answer these questions:

1) Which OS do you have?

2) Which XServer?

3) Which compiler?

4) Does it work if you press num-lock first?

5) Does it work if you replace the '1' with 'M' (or whatever
   is the correct modifier)?

6) Does it work after you restart fvwm?

7) Do you use SloppyFocus?

8) Does it work with MouseFocus?

9) Does it work with ClickToFocus?

10) If you use sloppy focus, try this while no window is focused
    (just close the window with the focus and make sure the mouse
     does not move into another window).

11) Could you post all your key/mouse binding lines from your
    .fvwm2rc (or better the complete file)?

Your help will be appreciated,

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:00:21 +0100

On Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 04:44:19PM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> Dominik Vogt wrote:
>   Okey-doke. I'll send this just back to you; you can repost to -workers
> if it's useful.

Thanks for the quick answer. We'll see what we can find out with 
this infomation.

> > 2) Which XServer?
> 
>   Sun's - erm, then one that came with Solaris.

OK, the name probably does not matter. If I recall correctly
all the people who reported this key binding troubles had
Solaris/SunOS (well I'm not 100% sure).

>   ?  hang on.  Yup, works after restarting from a '1' to a '1' setting
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do you mean "'1' to a 'M'"?

>   Gack. Can't really anwer that without logging out, since it works after
> Restart.

You can use FvwmTalk or FvwmCommand to change that while fvwm is
running. E.g. with FvwmCommand:

  Put this line in your .fvwm2rc:

    Module FvwmCommandS

  And then you can issue this command in your shell:

    FvwmCommand 'Style * MouseFocus'

  And then do a recapture (you can use FvwmCommand too if
  you don't have it in some menu or bound to a key).

    FvwmCommand 'Recapture'

This is really handy for testing and debugging. You can
issue most fvwm command while fvwm is already running.

>   Ditto.

Ditto ;-)

>   I'm going to have to log out, aren't I :)

No, not really :)

Bye

Dominik