Subject: Flaky Jitterbug address handling

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:08:53 -0500 (EST)

I may have missed a comment on this before, but has anyone
noticed that Jitterbug doesn't seem to like e-mail addresses of the
form

	FVWM Workers <[email-masked]>

(now where the hell do I put the question mark in a sentence that ends
like that?)

	When I try copying the list in a reply to a bug report, I get
the following dreck from Jitterbug:

       The system encountered a fatal error

        After command: RCPT TO: <Workers>

     Received: 550 <Workers>... User unknown

    The last error code was: Not a typewriter 

               uid/gid=105/70 

Duhhh. I finally figured out that it only likes the form

	[email-masked]

(Well, no, I didn't have the patience to try the form with quotes.)

- Bob

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].