Subject: Whitespace from modules crashes fvwm2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 07:38:39 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: 
Version: 2.1.11
CVS_Date: 
OS: 
X_Server: 
Submission from: (NULL) (194.202.174.12)

Found this while pasting into FvwmConsole:

A line typed into FvwmConsole that just has whitespace causes fvwm to core
dump.
So does FvwmCommand "  ".  Reading a file with spaces does not.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:20:08 +0100

> So does FvwmCommand "  ".  Reading a file with spaces does not.

Correct. 2.1.12 coredumps too. This is due to the change I made
to GetNextToken a while ago. If there is only whitespace in the
string, GetNextToken returns a NULL pointer now and
FindBuiltinFunction dereferences it. No big deal to fix. I'll
commit the patch soon.

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]