Subject: FvwmCommand

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 12:44:39 +0000

I guess this won't be a 2.2 thing, but FvwmCommand won't with more than
one workstation-login at a time 'cos the ~/.FvwmCommand[CM] files areb't
uniquely named. I suspect just putting the hostname in there would cover
it.

  I'll patch it myself next release, since I actually doubt anyone else
cares ...

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 332 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-125 days! ]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 13:27:57 +0000

>   I'll patch it myself next release, since I actually doubt anyone else

No need for a patch, you can have FvwmCommand(S) use a different name by
setting the first parameter to FvwmCommandS to a unique name and using
the -f option to FvwmCommand.  If you use FvwmCpp/M4 to process your
start-up you can use the HOSTNAME variable in the function that calls
FvwmCommandS.  You could write a shell script to cal FvwmCommand that
also uses $HOSTNAME.

Cheers,
Tim.