Subject: OpenVMS, same player shoots again

From: [email-masked] (Fabien Villard)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:15:47 +0100

Hello all.

	I've successfully installed 2.2 on OpenVMS.
	I'd like to have the stuff included in the original code, if everybody 
is ok. Who wants to be the one who will help VMS users join the good side of the 
force ? :-)
	Basicaly, I have 2 specific sources (vms.c and vms.h), 3 files for 
building (vms_config.h, vms_shareables.opt, make_fvwm.mms) and some fvwm 
modifications. I can post the stuff in a zip attached file (well attached :-) 
tonight for someone to have a look.
	Fab.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:42:12 -0500

[email-masked] (Fabien Villard) writes:
> is ok. Who wants to be the one who will help VMS users join the good side of 
> the  force ? :-)

I'm struggling to find time to achieve my own agenda.
The number of patches coming into the list begging for someone
to apply is already too high.

Unless someone else with update access volunteers,  I vote for giving
Fabien update access.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:32:21 -0500 (EST)

> is ok. Who wants to be the one who will help VMS users join the good side of the 

I'd like to help integrate this.  Not that I have a VMS system, but I'm a
bit concerned about how it will interact with the configure & build
process.  Any chance that the configure script will run under VMS?

> tonight for someone to have a look.

OK, please also send it to me at this address: <[email-masked]>.
Thanks.

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

Well, you tried it just once, and found it alright for kicks,
Now you found out that it's a habit that sticks,
And you're an orgasm addict.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 25 Feb 1999 09:56:29 -0500

%% Steve Robbins <[email-masked]> writes:

  sr> I'd like to help integrate this.  Not that I have a VMS system,
  sr> but I'm a bit concerned about how it will interact with the
  sr> configure & build process.  Any chance that the configure script
  sr> will run under VMS?

configure won't run under VMS, I don't think.  Plus the "makefiles" are
quite a bit different.

In my support for VMS in GNU make, I just include extra files like a
make script, etc. and a README.vms describing how to build it.  Those
systems are typically a lot more homogeneous than *nix systems, so
something the size of configure isn't needed.

I make a "config.h.vms" which is basically a "normal" config.h, but with
the VMS #defines, etc. hardcoded; then the README tells people to rename
it to config.h.

Also, you can convince automake to generate the dependency list stuff
separately, then append it to special makefiles for other architectures.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]