Subject: Notification: incoming/184

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:12:33 -0600 (CST)

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/184

Message summary for PR#184
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: Growing windows
	Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:12:31 -0600 (CST)
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 23:04:31 -0500 (EST)

[email-masked] wrote:
>   I am have problems with growing windows.  I see it the most when I
>  start elvis on a remote machine.  I just had it do this 3 times in a
>  row.  The window will display, refresh and be a little bigger,
>  refresh and be a little bigger etc.  If I resize the window it stops.
>  I just tried to get it to do it again and nothing after 3 tries.

	Well, this is certainly discouraging. We did fix several
"growing windows" bugs, and I haven't seen a recurrence of mine in
ages. But Mike's description is the classic symptom I observed when
it was happening to me.

>  I see that there is a bug report of the same thing that is marked
>  fixed. Did something happen to change that in 2.1.13? 

	I didn't think so. Does anyone else have any ideas?

>  I went to 2.1.13 to fix the problem with moving windows in the pager
>  with the center button.

	(I believe Mike upgraded from 2.1.10 to 2.1.13.)  Mike - did
you observe this squirrelly behavior at all in 2.1.10 (or any other
of the 2.1.x betas)? Or did you have one of the other betas long enough
to give a definitive answer?

	I slapped elvis onto a Solaris 2.6 box, and onto my Linux box at
home, and it behaves impeccably. But I haven't been able to duplicate
your remote setup - and won't have a chance to any time soon.

	We might need to see your whole .fvwm2rc, to see if we can spot
any unusual combination of settings that might give us some idea where
to look. I don't think any of the developers has seen a growing window
in a couple of months, and we believed in good faith that the disease
was cured.

- Bob

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].