Subject: 2.1.12 uploaded

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 17:53:51 +0100

I'm just uploading the 2.1.12 tarball.

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Feb 1999 09:37:31 -0600

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> I'm just uploading the 2.1.12 tarball.

It's in the testing dir now.  Hopefully we can announce this one.

(Sorry for taking so long to move this; I was not jacked in yesterday.)

 - J<

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:11:08 +0100

> It's in the testing dir now.  Hopefully we can announce this one.

Probably not. I forgot to give Tim the time to commit that FvwmWinList
patch. And the Bob found this Linux 2.2.x problem. We should fix these
fast and make 2.1.13 as soon as possible.

Bye

Dominik

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:54:17 -0500 (EST)

> fast and make 2.1.13 as soon as possible.

	I'll go ahead and commit the Linux 2.2.1 fix tonight. I don't
think it should cause any problems, but I'd certainly like to hear
of results on some systems other than Solaris and Linux.

- Bob

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 12:42:28 +0000

> of results on some systems other than Solaris and Linux.

The FvwmWinList fix is in 2.1.12 so don't wait for me.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 12:42:23 +0100

> The FvwmWinList fix is in 2.1.12 so don't wait for me.

You mean the fix was already in when we started discussing if
you should commit it ? :-)

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 12:45:13 +0100

> The FvwmWinList fix is in 2.1.12 so don't wait for me.

Okey dokey, who wants to make 2.1.13 then? Paul? Dan? If there
are no volunteers I'll do it tonight (GMT).

Bye

Dominik

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 09:44:07 -0500

> are no volunteers I'll do it tonight (GMT).

Somehow, I missed the WinList fix being committed.
This morning I tested it, and it seems much improved.

One strange  thing.  Entries depress when  I move  the  mouse into the
window or icon (MouseFocus).  However, I have  an X3270 window with an
active icon, and a icon title.  In that case, the entry in FvwmWinList
only depresses when   I put  the   mouse over  the  icontitle, nothing
happens when I put the mouse over the icon.  This doesn't bother me in
the least, as far as going ahead with 2.2.

I'm still in favor, of making this next package as 2.2 and
going directly to announcing this as a non-beta.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 15:07:38 +0000

> the least, as far as going ahead with 2.2.

This must be something to do with fvwm not knowing about the window that
has focus.  I was looking around events.c trying to find a way to tell
the modules whether a Focus or FlipFocus had been done (so they can
correctly follow the winlist order) and the focus message to the modules
comes from a focus-enter event.  Maybe the active icon is a window that
fvwm doesn't know about or it doesn't know how to back-track from the
active icon to the main window.

> going directly to announcing this as a non-beta.

So was I, but now I think that the new menu positioning stuff could do
with a bit more testing.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:13:38 -0500

> So was I, but now I think that the new menu positioning stuff could do

If someone wants to publish the testcases, I'd be happy to run
them.  Just announcing another beta isn't guaranteed to test any
of the menu positioning changes.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 16 Feb 1999 17:07:53 -0500

%% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

  dv> Okey dokey, who wants to make 2.1.13 then? Paul? Dan? If there
  dv> are no volunteers I'll do it tonight (GMT).

I'm happy to make it if we're sure (a) we want one--at least one person
has proposed we go straight to 2.2.0, and (b) everyone has all their
fixes in--I've lost track of the "proposed patches" that have been
posted to the list: have all of them gone in?  What about the
FvwmConsole core dump due to GetToken() returning NULL (I think I've
been bit by that too, I just didn't know what it was :)?

How will 2.2.0 work?  Are we just going to build it and release it?  Are
we going to build it, have it in test for a check, then release it (if
so, what do we do if we find a problem with it)?  Are we going to create
some kind of 2.2.0candidate1 release or something, then if that works
respin with nothing but the configure.in version changed?  Will we test
_that_? :)

Also, we should probably spend some time scrubbing off the bug database
between now and when we release.

Jason: are the mailing lists with the new domains working OK?  I'll try
a test message myself in a minute.  If so, maybe we should change the
automated footer on the mailing lists to contain the new info; you can
see what it is now below; I guess we want something like:

  Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
  To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe" in the
  body of a message to [email-masked].
  Report problems with the mailing list to [email-masked].

Ditto for the fvwm list.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:44:38 +0100

> of the menu positioning changes.

- check if the documentation is complete/correct/understandable

- check if lists of numbers work
  (e.g. menu foo mouse +1-2+3-4+5-6+7 +1p-2p+3p-4p+1234p-1234p
   is equivalent to 'mouse +4 -2p')

- check if the o<number> bit works
  ('Menu foo window o0 o0': upper left corners of menu and current window
   are placed above each other;
   'Menu foo window o100 o100': same with lower right corner.
   Play with other values (<0, >100 and in between)).

- check if the c[<number>] bit still works
  ('Menu foo root c c+100p')

- check if negative numbers work
  ('Menu foo Mouse -50p -100p': Mouse is at position 50/100 of the menu)

- check if the 'm' suffix works
  ('Menu foo mouse +33m +33m' places the menu 1/3 of its width/height
   down and right from the pointer).

Bye

Dominik

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:45:52 +0100

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 05:07:53PM -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
> has proposed we go straight to 2.2.0,

We had no official beta since 2.1.10 so I don't see a way around it.

> and (b) everyone has all their

I've committed both patches and I believe everything else is in.
 
> respin with nothing but the configure.in version changed?  Will we test

We'll have to do *some* testing. Then we can call it 2.1.13 as well and
relabel it to 2.2 if it works. We were thinking of all revisions since
2.1.4 as the potential 2.2, right?

> between now and when we release.

? I have cleaned up the bug database quite often, so this is no issue. The
BUGS file is another story however.

I'll build the 2.1.13 package now and I'm willing to ignore all but the
most serious bugs. The release *has* to be out until next monday (I'll
be skiing for ten days from then ;-) ).

Bye

Dominik

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:12:52 -0500 (EST)

[email-masked] (Paul D. Smith) wrote:
> automated footer on the mailing lists....

	Your test message came through fine, but the new domain mail
info still doesn't seem to have propagated to my neck of the woods. I
sent a test message to [email-masked] earlier this evening, and
it doesn't appear to have gotten through.

- Bob