Subject: Pixmaps for Pager.

From: Johan Bengtsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 14:11:03 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
I've spent some more time enhancing the pixmap background features for the
pager, that I sent to the list a month ago. The pixmaps specified as
desk backgrounds no longer "spills" over into the labels and it is now
possible to specify a pixmap for hilighting the desks. 
During this I also fixed a small bug: A pager only showing the current 
desk did not update the color of its label when changing between desks 
with different background colors.

This patch also provides an option to put the labels below the desks,
and an option to hide the label of inactive desks using shape
extensions.

Comments ?

	/ Johan

---

From: "Robert H. Ford II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:40:12 -0600

> and an option to hide the label of inactive desks using shape

I applied this patch, pretty cool.  Is there anyway for a pixmap to be
automatically shrunk to fit the background of the pager?

I have some large pixmaps 1280x1024 that I wanted to use as the background
images, but I had to shrink them before I could use them.  I know that AfterStep
will use whatever image is on the desktop's background as the image for its
pager's background, and the image will be sized correctly.  This would be nice.

Also, how can I get the highlight color/pixmap to be the same one as the current
desktop's color/pixmap?  Here is a copy of my pager settings:

*FvwmPagerColumns 1
*FvwmPagerBack grey76
*FvwmPagerFore black
*FvwmPagerFont -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-9-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmPagerHilight antiquewhite
*FvwmPagerHilightPixmap arena.xpm
*FvwmPagerDeskPixmap 0 smWhiteDragon.xpm
*FvwmPagerDeskPixmap 1 smMerryAndPippin.xpm
*FvwmPagerDeskPixmap 2 smGandalf.xpm
*FvwmPagerDeskPixmap 3 smDragonsWeyr.xpm
*FvwmPagerDeskPixmap 4 smFrodoAndNazgul.xpm
*FvwmPagerDeskPixmap 5 smDragonFlight.xpm
*FvwmPagerGeometry 66+0+153
*FvwmPagerIconGeometry 66+0+532
*FvwmPagerLabel 0 Main
*FvwmPagerLabel 1 DEV
*FvwmPagerLabel 2 XADM
*FvwmPagerLabel 3 EES
*FvwmPagerLabel 4 NETSCAPE
*FvwmPagerLabel 5 Lab
*FvwmPagerSmallFont 5x7
##########################FvwmPagerBalloon############################
*FvwmPagerBalloons            All
*FvwmPagerBalloonBack         yellow
*FvwmPagerBalloonFore         black
*FvwmPagerBalloonFont         lucidasanstypewriter-12
*FvwmPagerBalloonYOffset      +2
*FvwmPagerBalloonBorderWidth  1
*FvwmPagerBalloonBorderColor  black

I tried commenting out "FvwmPagerHilight" and "FvwmPagerHilightPixmap" but then
the current desktop is highlighted as black.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-- 
    _/_/_/     _/  _/   _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/_/_/ Robert H. Ford II
   _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/    Lucent Technologies
  _/_/_/     _/_/_/   _/_/_/       _/    _/     Bell Labs Innovations
 _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/      Naperville IL, 60566-7045
_/    _/   _/  _/   _/         _/_/_/_/_/_/     mailto:[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Johan Bengtsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:09:47 +0100 (CET)

Robert H. Ford II wrote:

[... My original message removed ...]

> automatically shrunk to fit the background of the pager?

I have thought about adding that feature, but right now this is not
implemented. If I get the time, I might look in to this during the
weekend. 

> I have some large pixmaps 1280x1024 that I wanted to use as the
> background images, but I had to shrink them before I could use them.
> I know that AfterStep will use whatever image is on the desktop's
> background as the image for its pager's background, and the image
> will be sized correctly. This would be nice.
> 
> desktop's color/pixmap?

Oops. I never thought about this case. Right now this is not possible, 
but I will add this during the weekend. 

	/ Johan