Subject: Vollendet das ewige Werk!

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 08:47:10 -0500

Whew! It's hard to believe it's really out. Congratulations and thanks
to all who participated, and especially (though he shuns being singled
out) to our erstwhile Pumpking! Enjoy a well-earned break, Dom!

	We never actually decided who would notify whom...though I think the
word is getting around without our doing anything special.

	Jason, what will you be doing, as far as notifying 3rd parties -
Freshmeat, etc.? Or should we just wait and see how many hours it takes
for an item to show up on Freshmeat all by itself?

	Do you want to handle uploading to Sunsite, or shall I?

- Bob
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Feb 1999 11:12:59 -0600

>>>>> "BW" == Bob Woodside <[email-masked]> writes:

BW> We never actually decided who would notify whom...though I think the
BW> word is getting around without our doing anything special.

Word gets around fine; freshmeat at least just gets the announcement from
fvwm-announce.

I find it better from a load-balancing perspective at least to let the news
travel on its own.  If it hits everywhere at once there's more chance of a
crunch.

BW> Jason, what will you be doing, as far as notifying 3rd parties -
BW> Freshmeat, etc.?

I didn't have to do anything; they've already picked it up.  Remember that
some folks at least get their jollies by reporting news like this so they
can do it even faster than I can.

BW> Do you want to handle uploading to Sunsite, or shall I?

Go ahead; I can't say that I remember where to put it.

 - J<

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 23 Feb 1999 12:26:44 -0500

%% Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]> writes:

  jlt> I find it better from a load-balancing perspective at least to
  jlt> let the news travel on its own.  If it hits everywhere at once
  jlt> there's more chance of a crunch.

OK but... someone needs to take explicit control of the newsgroup
announces:

  comp.os.linux.announce
  comp.windows.x.announce
  comp.os.linux.x
  comp.windows.x.misc
  comp.windows.x.i386unix (?)

Those aren't like freshmeat, etc.; probably no one will forward the
announce there, expecting someone official to do it.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Feb 1999 12:01:12 -0600

>>>>> "PDS" == Paul D Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

PDS> OK but... someone needs to take explicit control of the newsgroup
PDS> announces:

I gave up on Usenet some time ago, so I don't really know what to do here.

 - J<

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:44:13 -0500

> OK but... someone needs to take explicit control of the newsgroup

I'll take care of the above I dont't see that the others need it, besides I'll probalblly get flamed anyway if I try.
Brad

a moment later
DONE

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].