Subject: Removing Titlebar buttons... Is it possible?

From: Jay Kuri <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:57:32 -0500 (EST)

Hey everyone,

	I've been working on theme-support (a sorta proof-of-concept /
prototype program) and I've noticed something interesting.  

You cannot remove a button from the title-bar once it has been added.

As I understand it, buttons are added to the titlebar once an action is
bound on them (via Mouse)...  However, there doesn't seem to be a way to
remove them once they are there.  You seem to be able to remove the
binding by specifying '-' for the action (the way you do for a Key
binding).  If you do this, the binding goes away, but the button is left
on the title-bar... there doesn't seem to be a way to remove it.  Not even
a recapture does it. Am I just missing something or ... ?

The reason I ask is that in order to switch themes without restarting
fvwm, the theme-module needs to be able to remove the old bindings (and
hence the buttons).  Otherwise, when we switch from theme A, which uses
all 8 buttons, to theme B which only uses 3, the 5 from the original theme
A are still hanging out on the title-bar.  This is the behavior that I
have noticed.  

Can someone shed some light for me?

Thanks,

Jay

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]