Subject: Re: NT <-> X (was Re: Notification: incoming/157)

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 21:42:16 -0500 (EST)

Danek Duvall <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 09:54:21AM +0000, Tim Phipps wrote:
> 
> 
>     http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc

	Since you have their new url, I assume you've visited their
site recently and grabbed the latest release of the Win version,
which finally has Button2 emulation; but if not, do it right away.
I just discovered it today.

> So go ahead, put Linux on your desktop, and fear not the evil
> forces of the Enemy!  :)

	Heh-heh!  May the source be with you.

	I second the recommendation. I've found VNC to be highly
reliable, and extremely flexible in a largely MS dominated environment.
I can run the thin client (or viewer, as they call it) on any old
desktop in the office: there's no setup required. I just use the
Exploder to locate the executable on a network drive, and double click
on the executable.

	If I have to reboot WinDog (and who doesn't) - no problem. All
my Unix apps will still be happily running, waiting for my return.

- Bob

	Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted in order
	for this change to take effect. Re-boot now? [Y]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].