Subject: Update on Debian FVWM bugs

From: [email-masked] (Julian Gilbey)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:22:38 +0000 (GMT)

Firstly, I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you for creating
and maintaining FVWM in the first place, and secondly, for the amazing
number of emails which have arrived from you all helping me to wade
through the mass of open bug reports against Debian.  I have done some
collation and also some work on figuring out the mess which was left
for me, and have made some significant progress on some of the Debian
internals, although I have not dared to yet release a Debian version
of 2.2 -- there are still too many serious Debian-related problems
which I have yet to fix.  But I will continue to work on it, and
hopefully get out a version within the next week.

Anyway, as promised, here is the list of still open non-Debian bugs.
As I get the Debian version working, it will be easier for me to test
some of these myself, but in the meantime, here goes.  There's only
about 20 left, which is a fantastic improvement!

And as before, I'm really grateful (spelled correctly this time!) for
all of your help.

   Julian

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

  Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. [email-masked]
             Debian GNU/Linux Developer.  [email-masked]
       -*- Finger [email-masked] for my PGP public key. -*-

Open Debian bug reports against fvwm 2.x
========================================
(http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/pa/lfvwm2.html)

Normal bugs outstanding
-----------------------

11174  Bizarre bug involving a window changing title as fvwmbuttons
       becomes active causing the latter to crash.  You just have to
       see the bug report for full details.

11355  Want some MiniIcon lines in example config file.

11356  Iconified programs ignore TitleStyle, so colours may lead to
       unreadable titles on icons.

11463  Race condition in IconBox: if box window is created after icon,
       then icon ends up out of box, e.g., after restarting fvwm.

-> WISHLIST
11824b Want FvwmPager configurable so can click left-mouse once to
       both change viewport and focus.

OUTDATED OR DEBIAN-SPECIFIC?
11845  FvwmAuto and unclutter don't run when called from init.hook or
       init-restart.hook.

NOT OBSERVED UPSTREAM
11886a Sometimes the pager does not display a mapped window until it
       is moved.

11886b Sometimes iconifying programs leads to the icon being mapped
       only very briefly and then disappearing.  (??)

14163  When moving a window far enough to make the desktop view move,
       it starts flickering in its original position.

14172  Starting elvis in X caused fvwm2 to fail with BadWindow and
       BadDrawable errors in X_DestroyWindow and X_CopyArea requests.

22102  Various config problems, eg can't configure colours of title of
       window with input focus in WinList -- appropriate option has no
       effect.

(NEW DETAILS)
25751  When changing fonts in emacs19, seems to take a long time.
       Problem with ConstrainSize(Tmp_win, &width, &height); in 
       HandleConfigureRequest() in fvwm/events.c, apparently.

Wishlist items - outstanding
----------------------------

21097  Gravity patch for IconBox wanted in main fvwm2.  Found at
       ftp://ftp.hpc.uh.edu/pub/fvwm/version-2/unofficial_patches/
       iconboxes.patch

DEBIAN-SPECIFIC??  OR IS THERE AN OPTION TO DO THIS?
32923  WindowOps menu should display key bindings (pseudo-patch
       included)

Normal bugs - forwarded to fvwm-workers (!)
-------------------------------------------

(NEW DETAILS)
 8774  If a window is called something such as "*scratch*", this
       should not be interpreted as meaning "look for a pixmap called
       scratch.xpm, etc."

 8954  FvwmPager should allow windows to be moved in it => windows
       moving in main window.  Also, could wordwrap titles in Pager.

 9769  ClickToFocus and SkipMapping don't interact properly.

16040  PipeRead problems: should set env vars and should search for
       missing files in standard places.

IS THIS STILL A PROBLEM?
21547  Root menu bound to button with "Mouse 0 3 A Menu /Debian Nop",
       but then submenus' positions depend on where button clicked --
       may end up too far left/right.  Only problem with MWM style?

23759  MWMButtons and MWMDecorMax don't work together properly.

Wishlist items - forwarded to fvwm-workers (!)
----------------------------------------------

This has not been incorporated -- will it be?
27276  Internationalisation patch (included) -- from fvwm-users-jp
       mailing list.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:48:56 -0500

>        ftp://ftp.hpc.uh.edu/pub/fvwm/version-2/unofficial_patches/

Perhaps you haven't seen my mail from this AM, or you just missed
my comment.

This is already in 2.2.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]