Subject: Re: 2.1.11 uploaded ( PR/Presentation )

From: Patrick Rogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 17:39:09 -0500

Paul D. Smith wrote:
> 
> 2.1.11 is in the incoming area.
> 
> I think the thing to concentrate on now is any documentation issues.
> 

Scanning the net, it looks like we need to stir up some hoopla about
FVWM2 -- many fvwm pages seem to have disappeared.  Everyone seems
distracted right now by E and WindowMaker... :(  

Part of the answer is very user-friendly (html) documentation -- and
showcasing the many fvwm2 features and functions on the website.  Most
people i talk to think fvwm never evolved beyond the 1.0
functionality... even if they're using fvwm2!  

By showcasing, I mean small screenshots and config samples for each
bullet point in the features list.

Look at http://www.windowmaker.org/features.html for an example.  I'd
like to do it one better.  Their whole site is very nice and business
like.

(I'm being brave here:) What about a new logo for the new release?

Thoughts?
~p@
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].