Subject: Pointer grabs / Menus from Modules

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:44:32 +0100

Following the recent discussion of menus being implemented
as modules, I tried to get a gtk-based prototype to work, but 
I didn't succeed. Some debugging showed that using gtk_menu_popup
in response to a packet sent from fvwm falls over when it tries
to grab the pointer... XGrabPointer returns AlreadyGrabbed. This
means that fvwm for some reason has the pointer grabbed while
it does SendStrToModule. Adding a call to UngrabEm at the
beginning of that function allows my module to pop up menus
as expected, but I wonder what is going on. 

Is fvwm expected to grab the pointer while communicating with
modules ?

I'm using LOCKONSEND to have the menu pop up immediately (as opposed to at the
next queue flush), if that matters.

Matthias

-- 
Matthias Clasen, 
Tel. 0761/203-5606
Email: [email-masked]
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].