Subject: Re: depressed borders

From: "Tim Phipps" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:14:09 -0000

>I've never seen mwm, but CDE's dtwm which I assume is mostly like mwm
>does not depress borders either. So I wouldn't call this a bug but
>a bit of mwm compatibility.

I just thought that MWMButtons was the wrong thing to use to get MWM
compatibility and that Emulate MWM would be better. MWMbuttons make the
buttons reflect the state (e.g. Maximized stays in on maximized
windows).

Cheers,
Tim.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 10:36:58 +0100

> buttons reflect the state (e.g. Maximized stays in on maximized

Why don't we do it like with autoconf? All these options have a name
hinting on some window manager most of use have never seen. When I
see 'MWMButtons' I have no idea what this controls. I have to look it
up in the manpage. I think it is better to have options like
'DepressButtons' instead. The Emulate mwm/fvwm command could take
care of seting everything and there would be a single place in the
manpage describing all the differences between various window
manager modes. The new MenuStyle syntax is a good example.

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:52:31 +0100

> manager modes. The new MenuStyle syntax is a good example.

Excellent idea. 

-- 
Matthias Clasen, 
Tel. 0761/203-5606
Email: [email-masked]
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].