Subject: Minor prob with EdgeResistance & FVWMBorders

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:27:12 +0000

Just found another place where FVWMBorder style windows have a problem
due to having a one pixel border around the frame.  I have a patch,
should I hold off committing it until after 2.2?  I'm really fed up with
the FVWMborder style, would anybody object to me rewriting (post 2.2)
the code so that there is no border around the frame.  Doing so should
kill any lurking off-by-1 errors that we haven't caught yet and should
simplify a lot of code.  I would keep the FVWMBorder style, what I'm
talking about is getting rid of FvwmWindow->bw.

Cheers,
Tim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 18:31:58 +0100

> talking about is getting rid of FvwmWindow->bw.

I don't quite understand what you're talking about, but if the
patch is small and it fixes the problem I don't object committing
it given you feel configent enough about it.

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 13:02:42 -0500

> it given you feel configent enough about it.

If no one has reported a problem,  I would say wait, regardless
of how trivial the patch seems.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 19:29:03 +0100

> of how trivial the patch seems.

Well, Tim has ;-) But you're right. The last time we had such
a change windows started creeping over the screen. I'll shut
up now. If it's a problem we need a bug report.

Bye

Dominik