Subject: Warning fix...

From: Roberto Machorro Angoa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 13:32:27 -0800

I've been getting a warning when I compile on libs/XResource.c,
it's been there since 1.1.5 and I don't know if it has been fixed
(I'm new to the list), but here's a patch to fix it... It was just
a simple cast needed...

--- fvwm-2.1.7/libs/XResource.c.orig    Thu Jan 14 22:23:48 1999
+++ fvwm-2.1.7/libs/XResource.c Thu Jan 14 22:54:19 1999
@@ -150,7 +150,7 @@
   if (opts && num_opts > 0)
     XrmParseCommand(pdb, opts, num_opts, name, pargc, argv);
   if (!fNoDefaults)
-    XrmParseCommand(pdb, default_opts, NUM_DEFAULT_OPTS,
+    XrmParseCommand(pdb, (XrmOptionDescList)&default_opts,
NUM_DEFAULT_OPTS,
                    name, pargc, argv);
 }

-- 
Roberto Machorro
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.bigfoot.com/~rmach/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 23:23:58 -0500 (EST)

> I've been getting a warning when I compile on libs/XResource.c,

Something about discarding const perhaps?

../../libs/XResource.c: In function `MergeCmdLineResources':
../../libs/XResource.c:156: warning: passing arg 2 of `XrmParseCommand'
discards `const' from pointer target type

> it's been there since 1.1.5 and I don't know if it has been fixed

Yes, it was fixed 8 days ago.

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

A woman came up to me and said, "I'd like to poison your mind,
with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

---

From: Roberto Machorro Angoa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:49:42 -0800

> discards `const' from pointer target type

Steve Robbins you are correct!
It did no real harm but I'm glad it's fixed!