Subject: Button2 click in Pager warps viewport

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 23:00:53 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Bob Woodside
Version: 2.1.x
CVS_Date: 01/24/1998
OS: 
X_Server: 
Submission from: (NULL) (206.105.29.145)
Submitted by: drbob

    The button 2 click action in the Pager has changed: whether
this is broken or not is open to debate. In 2.0.46, simply clicking,
not dragging, would transfer focus to the clicked window (if it was
on the current desk, but a different page), but would not move the
viewport. Now the viewport is moved.

    I don't consider it reasonable for this behavior to be
unconditional: it should be an option. I rarely use this feature,
but if I do, I'm more likely to want to give the focus to a window
that is off-screen, while keeping the viewport where it is, than
to want to change pages. (There's nothing wrong with giving an off-
screen window the focus, as long as it's a deliberate user action -
there are times when it can be quite useful.)

    I think a post-2.2 enhancement is in order, to allow the user
to choose viewport warping or not.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].