Subject: Two minor bugs

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:52:11 +0100

Hi, two minor bugs surfaced while I continued to play with external
menus:

1) The function GetArgument in libs/ModParse.c doesn't handle quoted
arguments properly; it doesn't update the "rest" pointer to the correct
position. This has probably gone unnoticed till now since the only 
modules using GetArgument are FvwmAnimate and FvwmEvent and the bug
is only visible for commands with more than one argument. Try the
following:

*FvwmEventCmd Echo
*FvwmEvent "add_window" "A window was added..."
FvwmEvent

and be surprised by the echo: w" at the next add_window event. 

2) When the Move command is sent from a module, it behaves differently
depending on wether it is sent in root or window context. Try sending

WindowId <some window id> Move

from FvwmTalk and compare to just sending Move and picking a window.
In the first case, the window origin jumps at the first pointer motion.
I think the jump distance is determined by the distance origin-pointer,
but I'm not sure.

Matthias 

-- 
Matthias Clasen, 
Tel. 0761/203-5606
Email: [email-masked]
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].