Subject: Possible Documentation Bug

From: Keith Bisset <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Jan 1999 11:34:25 -0700

I was reading the fvwm manpage, specifically the section
titles "THE VIRTUAL DESKTOP", and ran across what I think is outdated information.

It says:

     There is currently no way to cause a window to  map  onto  a
     desktop other than the currently active desk, or is there...
 
     A geometry specified as something like:
 
          xterm -geometry -5-5
 
     will generally place the window's lower right hand corner  5
     pixels from the lower right corner of the visible portion of
     the screen. Not all applications support  window  geometries
     with negative offsets.

Shouldn't this be removed, or replaced with a reference to
StartsOnDesk?  Or is this just talking about using -geometry to place
windows.  If that is the case, I would make that explicit and add a
reference to StartsOnPage and StartsOnDesk.  

Maybe add something like:

        fvwm itself can influence the starting positions of some or all
        windows, through the StartsOnPage and StartsOnDesk Style
        options.

Keith Bisset

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 23:08:58 -0500 (EST)

Keith Bisset <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>         I was reading the fvwm manpage...and ran across...
> 

	Wow! This section is definitely out of date. I'll have a go
at it.

- Bob