Subject: 3d menu effects

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 12:52:20 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Michael Han
Version: 
CVS_Date: 1/9/99
OS: RedHat 4 Linux 2.0.34
X_Server: XiG Accelerated X 2.1
Submission from: (NULL) (206.86.216.254)

When using mwm menustyle, without any menuface, fvwm seems to sometimes
forget to repaint the 3d effect on a parent, if you've been popping
submenu
children. Specifically, if your menu has submenus as adjacent entries, try
using the mouse to prepop one, then the submenu beneath it in the parent.
Then backtrack out and 3d effects on the parent menu that were obscured by
the second child will have been lost. I guess this is shows up because
mwm-style both uses a 3d effect and uses an offset that results in overlap
of
submenus over the parent. I'll guess that any 3d border effect with an
overlapping submenu will exhibit the problem.

Here's my menustyle:
MenuStyle               *       mwm, \
                                Foreground black, \
                                Background AntiqueWhite3, \
                                Greyed AntiqueWhite4, \
                                Font
-b&h-lucida-medium-r-normal-sans-17-*-100-1
00-*

I can try to generate my a screengrab with this, if my descriptions
unclear.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].