Subject: Notification: incoming/119

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 07:02:13 -0600 (CST)

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/119

Message summary for PR#119
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: Border colours "wrong"
	Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 07:02:10 -0600 (CST)
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 11 Jan 1999 10:55:02 -0500

%% [email-masked] writes:

  f> The borders on windows in FVWM 2.* are more extreme than their
  f> counterparts in FVWM 1.*. The values chosen for light and dark
  f> shading to provide the 3D look are different between the two.

Note that the color calculations were changed, in order to get more
consistent color schemes across a wider range of colors (the old
algorithm failed _miserably_ for some colors).

However, I think the values that control this have been tweaked a few
different times.  I can't recall whether the last time was before or
after 2.1.4; you might check the ChangeLog.  Please grab the latest beta
(2.1.7) and see if the colors look better there.

  f> Apologies if this has already appeared in a bug report, but the online
  f> search mechanism didn't seem to be working.

It is working, it's just a bit confusing to use at first.

Enter a string to search and use the search button.  You might think
nothing is returned, but look at the categories on the left side and
you'll see that the numbers are different: they're now showing just the
bugs that match your search.  Click on a category to see the bugs in
that category that matched your search.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:23:43 -0500

> (2.1.7) and see if the colors look better there.

Good advice, there was a change to the calculation after 2.1.4.

> --
>  Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Developmen

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tethys - Development <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:47:19 +0000

> Good advice, there was a change to the calculation after 2.1.4.

I'll grab the latest one at some point, then. However, there's no
mention of the change in the NEWS page on the web site, and I can't
see a way of getting the full changelog without downloading the
new version...

Tet

-- 
``Live free or die; death is not the worst of evils'' -- General George Stark
------------------------+-------------+--------------------------------------
[email-masked] |  Micro$oft  | Linux; the choice of a GNU generation
[email-masked]     | Just say no | See http://www.linux.org for details.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 11 Jan 1999 12:01:06 -0500

Well, you can see the latest via CVSWeb:

  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/fvwm/ChangeLog?cvsroot=FVWM

Note NEWS is for user-visible changes only; I suppose on some level this
might be argued to be user-visible but I consider it a bug fix instead.
The idea is users should read NEWS and know what's visibly different
about this release from the last, rather than all the nitty developer
details.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:28:08 -0500

> see a way of getting the full changelog without downloading the

Perhaps you just didn't recognize it.  This is from the NEWS file:

* Improved Shadow/Hilite algorithm (from scwm).  Logic moved into
  library and all modules with 3D logic now use this routine.