Subject: GNU Autoconf/Automake & CVS

From: Jay Painter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 03:04:24 -0800 (PST)

Can the automake/autoconf generated files be removed from CVS?  It's
a bit of a pain to always have merge conflicts when I update and have to
regenerate my makefiles.  I've attached a one-stop script for running the
appropriate auto* commands after a clean checkout, it's called autogen.sh
and it's what we have in each GNOME module for doing this for us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jay Painter -- [email-masked] -- [email-masked] -- [email-masked]
http://www.serv.net/~jpaint/

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 06:39:59 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Jay Painter wrote:

>   Can the automake/autoconf generated files be removed from CVS?

Yes, they will be removed next weekend.

> I've attached a one-stop script for running the

What is the benefit of using this as opposed to 'autoreconf' that comes
with autoconf?  (or is it automake?) 

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

Well, you tried it just once, and found it alright for kicks,
Now you found out that it's a habit that sticks,
And you're an orgasm addict.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].