Subject: FVWM CVS: fvwm psmith

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:02:05 -0600 (CST)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	psmith	99/01/22 12:02:05

Modified files:
	modules        : ChangeLog 
	modules/FvwmWinList: Mallocs.c 

Log message:
* Fix increment error causing heap corruption.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 00:25:31 +0100

> * Fix increment error causing heap corruption.

Sigh, seems we'll have to make a 2.1.11 beta :(

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 22 Jan 1999 19:25:42 -0500

%% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

  dv> Sigh, seems we'll have to make a 2.1.11 beta :(

I know it's a drag, but these winlist problems are too severe to let out
IMO.

I don't want to make another beta until the rest of the issues are
resolved.  I don't use fvwmwinlist so I'm hoping Chris R (who made the
signal changes) or someone else is going to look into this ASAP...

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Chris Rankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:50:19 -0500 (EST)

> signal changes) or someone else is going to look into this ASAP...

OK, so the unresolved issues with FvwmWinList are? From what I've
seen, I made a small typo in the Mallocs.c file for FvwmWinList and
that has been found and fixed. The other issue revolved around the
event loop, which I'm not sure I follow - the loop logic is identical
to the logic in FvwmIconMan, which I use constantly without trouble.

Can someone post a quick summary and I'll look into it,
Cheers,
Chris.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 22 Jan 1999 22:47:58 -0500

>> signal changes) or someone else is going to look into this ASAP...

  cr> OK, so the unresolved issues with FvwmWinList are? From what I've
  cr> seen, I made a small typo in the Mallocs.c file for FvwmWinList and
  cr> that has been found and fixed. The other issue revolved around the
  cr> event loop, which I'm not sure I follow - the loop logic is identical
  cr> to the logic in FvwmIconMan, which I use constantly without trouble.

  cr> Can someone post a quick summary and I'll look into it,

Unfortunately I don't follow it and I don't use this module either, but
both Tim and Dan see it so I don't think it should be too difficult to
reproduce.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 10:37:52 -0500

> Sigh, seems we'll have to make a 2.1.11 beta :(

If the changes from the 2.1.10 beta are small enough,
and well understood,
couldn't we skip another beta?

Of course we don't know how many bugs will surface yet or
how likely the fixes are to create new problems.

The fix to FvwmWinList/Mallocs.c was really trivial.
I don't see why another beta would be needed for that
one.

I'll try to do some FvwmWinList testing this weekend.
The hangs I got were NOT consistent.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].