Subject: incoming/130 - cannot reproduce it

From: Chris Rankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 08:54:41 -0500 (EST)

> 
> FVWM Bug Tracking notification
> 
> new message incoming/130
> Usually, but not always, attempting to move a window inside of FvwmPager in
> fvwm2-2.1.7 will cause FvwmPager to crash.  You can see the window as you
> drag it, but as soon as the mouse button is released, FvwmPager crashes. 

I have tested this on my system, which is running the current CVS
version, and it all works fine: I can change desktops, change
viewports and move windows around within the Pager and it doesn't
crash. I have tried the Pager both from within the ButtonBar and as a
standalone application.

My system: i586, glibc-2.0.7, linux-2.0.36

How far removed is the current CVS version of FVWM from 2.1.7? 

Chris.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:00:36 -0500 (EST)

> How far removed is the current CVS version of FVWM from 2.1.7? 

The way to tell, of course, is "cvs diff -r version-2_1_7". 

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

Remember: they always let you down when you need 'em.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 14 Jan 1999 09:56:39 -0500

%% Chris Rankin <[email-masked]> writes:

  >> Usually, but not always, attempting to move a window inside of
  >> FvwmPager in fvwm2-2.1.7 will cause FvwmPager to crash.  You can
  >> see the window as you drag it, but as soon as the mouse button is
  >> released, FvwmPager crashes.

  cr> I have tested this on my system, which is running the current CVS
  cr> version, and it all works fine: I can change desktops, change
  cr> viewports and move windows around within the Pager and it doesn't
  cr> crash. I have tried the Pager both from within the ButtonBar and as a
  cr> standalone application.

  cr> How far removed is the current CVS version of FVWM from 2.1.7? 

Quite far removed, actually.

In fact, I think I recall seeing a commit by Dominik within the last few
days that seemed like it might be a fix to this.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:48:18 +0100

> days that seemed like it might be a fix to this.

You did? I made no fix for this since it appeared that this was a
build problem first. What do you mean?

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 14 Jan 1999 11:05:22 -0500

I don't recall exactly.  I thought I saw something go through for moving
windows in the pager.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Is there a list of the commit comments available anywhere via cvsweb or
anything?

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 00:01:08 +0100

> Is there a list of the commit comments available anywhere via cvsweb or

Usually my commit comments are a shortened version of the ChangeLog
entries. You are referring to my last entry from 13th of January:

  * fvwm/resize.c (ConstrainSize): fixed bug: moving a shaded window in
  FvwmPager screwed up the window's height

This is in no way related to the crash unfortunately.

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 23:57:56 +0100

entries.

Bye

Dominik

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Jan 1999 18:36:04 -0600

>>>>> "PDS" == Paul D Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

PDS> Is there a list of the commit comments available anywhere via cvsweb
PDS> or anything?

cvs log will tell you all of the messages given for commits which modify a
certain file.

 - J<