Subject: Configuring for libreadline.a

From: Chris Rankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 23:16:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading my system to libc.so.6 (almost done!) and so
have been reinstalling the X-server, compiler etc. One of the add-ons I
reinstalled was the readline library, and I was surprised to discover that
FVWM's configure script did not recognise it.

A little expedition into the script discovered a few little details:
- at line 4787, the script declares:

char readline();

This should read:

char *readline();

Another point is that I rebuilt my readline library against ncurses and not
against termcap, so I had to change -ltermcap to -lncurses everywhere.

Probably not too serious - I imagine that most sane people have both termcap
and ncurses ...

Chris.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].