Subject: Title bar buttons stop working

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 19:41:33 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Julian Hubbard
Version: 2.1.10
CVS_Date: 
OS: RedHat Linux 5.2
X_Server: XFree86-3DLabs-3.3.3.1
Submission from: (NULL) (205.219.233.149)

The title bar buttons stop working occasionally, they no longer press in
and do
not perform their defined function. The only way to get the buttons to
respond
again is to log off and log back on, just restarting FVWM does not help.
Unfortunately I have not been able to pinpoint any particular thing that
is
causing it. I am using a highly modified version of the AnotherLevel
configuration.
Below is the decors part of the script. The configuration is in several
files and
they are quite long. If you would like the other files please e-mail me.
([email-masked])

#=========
# Mwm
#=========

TraceForErrors(`Including Mwm interface...')
# HILIGHTFORE_COLOR, HILIGHTBACK_COLOR are the title bar colors for the
window
# with the focus
define(`HILIGHTFORE_COLOR', `DarkerGreen')
define(`HILIGHTBACK_COLOR', `DarkGoldenRod2')

# WINFORE_COLOR, WINBACK_COLOR are the title bar colors for the window w/o
the focus
define(`WINFORE_COLOR', `gold')
define(`WINBACK_COLOR', `DarkerGreen')

# MENUFORE_COLOR, MENUBACK_COLOR MENUHI_COLOR are the colors for menus
define(`MENUFORE_COLOR', `gold')
define(`MENUBACK_COLOR', `DarkerGreen')
define(`MENUHI_COLOR', `LighterGreen')

# MENUSHADE_COLOR is the color for greyed out menu items
define(`MENUSHADE_COLOR', `gray35')

# BG_COLOR is the color that the background will initially get set to
# Edit .fvwm2rc.init to change what commands get run at startup
define(`BG_COLOR', `black')

TitleStyle      LeftJustified
TitleStyle      ActiveUp (TiledPixmap /usr/share/pixmaps/marble-gold.xpm --
Raised) \
        ActiveDown (TiledPixmap /usr/share/pixmaps/marble-gold.xpm -- flat)
\
        Inactive (TiledPixmap /usr/share/pixmaps/marble-green.xpm --
Raised)
ButtonStyle     Reset
ButtonStyle     All -- UseTitleStyle
#ButtonStyle 1  Vector 12 10x23@0 90x23@0 90x28@0 10x28@1 10x47@1 90x47@0
90x52@0 10x52@1 10x70@2 90x70@0 90x76@0 10x76@1 -- UseTitleStyle
#ButtonStyle 1  Vector 8 20x40@1 50x40@1 50x20@1 80x50@1 50x80@0 50x60@0
20x60@0 20x40@1 -- UseTitleStyle
#ButtonStyle 1  Vector 8 80x40@1 50x40@1 50x20@1 20x50@1 50x80@0 50x60@0
80x60@0 80x40@0 -- UseTitleStyle
#ButtonStyle 1  Vector 8 40x20@1 40x50@1 20x50@1 50x80@1 80x50@0 60x50@0
60x20@0 40x20@1 -- UseTitleStyle
#ButtonStyle 2  Vector 17 25x30@1 45x50@1 45x49@1 25x70@1 30x75@1 50x55@0
49x55@0 70x75@0 75x70@0 55x49@0 55x50@0 75x30@0 70x25@0 49x45@1 50x45@1
30x25@1 25x30@1 -- UseTitleStyle
ButtonStyle 2   Vector 8 35x15@1 20x50@1 40x50@0 30x80@1 75x40@0 50x40@1
75x15@0 35x15@1 -- UseTitleStyle
#ButtonStyle 2  Vector 7 70x15@0 30x55@1 50x55@0 40x85@1 80x45@0 60x45@1
70x15@0 -- UseTitleStyle
ButtonStyle 3   Vector 9  35x25@1 35x50@1 49x50@0 49x75@1 51x75@0 51x50@0
65x50@0 65x25@0 35x25@1 -- UseTitleStyle
#ButtonStyle 4  Vector 12 50x10@1 25x35@1 40x35@1 40x60@1 25x60@1 50x85@1
75x60@0 60x60@0 60x35@0 75x35@0 50x10@0 50x10@1 -- UseTitleStyle
ButtonStyle 4   Vector 5  25x25@1 25x75@1 75x75@0 75x25@0 25x25@1 --
UseTitleStyle
#ButtonStyle 4  Vector 11 80x15@1 45x15@1 55x25@1 25x55@1 15x45@1 15x80@1
50x80@0 40x70@0 70x40@0 80x50@0 80x15@0 -- UseTitleStyle
#ButtonStyle 6  Vector 5  35x45@1 65x45@1 65x55@0 35x55@0 35x45@1 --
UseTitleStyle
ButtonStyle 6   Vector 16 60x40@1 60x80@0 15x80@0 15x40@1 60x40@1 40x40@1
40x25@1 75x25@1 75x60@0 60x60@0 75x60@0 75x40@0 85x40@0 85x15@0 60x15@1
60x25@1 -- UseTitleStyle
WindowFont      BASIC_FONT-bold-r-*-120-*
HilightColor    HILIGHTFORE_COLOR HILIGHTBACK_COLOR

MenuStyle * mwm
MenuStyle * Foreground DarkGoldenrod2, Background DarkerGreen
MenuStyle * Greyed gray35, ActiveFore gold
MenuStyle * HilightBackOff, Hilight3DThin
MenuStyle * Font -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-120-*
MenuStyle * MenuFace TiledPixmap /usr/share/pixmaps/marble-green.xpm
MenuStyle * Animation

BorderStyle     Active (TiledPixmap /usr/share/pixmaps/marble-gold.xpm)
BorderStyle     Inactive (TiledPixmap /usr/share/pixmaps/marble-green.xpm)

Style "*"       ForeColor HILIGHTBACK_COLOR, SloppyFocus
Style "*"       BackColor DarkGreen
Style "*"       Button 1, Button 3, Button 2, Button 4, Button 6,
MWMButtons, MWMFunctions, MWMDecor,
Style "*"       SmartPlacement, ifdef(`INTERACTIVE_PLACEMENT',
`ActivePlacement', `RandomPlacement')
Style "*"       Icon xterm.xpm, Iconbox 0 -50 -0 -0
Style "*"       DecorateTransient
Style "*"       EdgeScroll 0 0

BorderWidth 3
BorderStyle -- HiddenHandles
IconFont -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-120-*

# set up the mouse...
readFile(`fvwm2rc.mouse')
Mouse 0 1 N     Menu Window-Ops Close
Mouse 0 2 N     Close
Mouse 0 3 N     Stick
Mouse 0 4 N     Maximize
Mouse 3 6 N     Replace
Mouse 0 6 N     Iconify

define(`BOTTOM_EDGE', `1')
define(`USE_ICONS')

AddToFunc "SetupFunction"
+ "I" Module FvwmButtons
+ "I" Module FvwmAnimate

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].