Subject: window rebounding patch

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 03:18:47 +0100

Looking at FvwmPager (x_pager.c) I now understand what this
'rebounding by 16 pixels' was all about: not to prevent
windows in general from being put off the current page but
*sticky* windows. We might want to redo this code but this
time on all sides of the screen and for sticky icons/windows
only. See modules/FvwmPager/x_pager.c, lines 1516-1524.

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:41:24 +0000

> only. See modules/FvwmPager/x_pager.c, lines 1516-1524.

You mean change the FvwmPager code don't you?  I don't think we should
put the magic number 16 back into fvwm itself.  I had a play with moving
sticky windows off screen with the pager and it looks like going down
and right is covered by this bit of code.  Moving up or left off screen
seems to be covered by the fact that the pager calls Focus on the window
after moving it and Focus moves the window back to (0,0) if it's off
screen.  It might be easier to just remove the code from the pager and
let Focus sort it out.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:36:03 +0100

> screen.  It might be easier to just remove the code from the pager and

If this would work, certainly. I can't understand why the pager
doesn't handle left and upper borders. The code is definitely there.

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].