Subject: question on fix for mouse bindings bug

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 10:46:19 +0100

I've fixed the bug that prevented mouse button bindings with
modifiers on the title bar from working on ClickToFocus
windows. The old code from events.c (GetContext):

  /* Since key presses and button presses are grabbed in the frame
   * when we have re-parented windows, we need to find out the real
   * window where the event occured */
  if((e->type == KeyPress)&&(e->xkey.subwindow != None))
    *w = e->xkey.subwindow;

  if((e->type == ButtonPress)&&(e->xbutton.subwindow != None)&&
     ((e->xbutton.subwindow == t->w)||(e->xbutton.subwindow == t->Parent)))
    *w = e->xbutton.subwindow;

I changed this to

  if(e->xkey.subwindow != None)
    *w = e->xkey.subwindow;

The effect of this was that the frame window swallowed all key
presses with modifiers pressed that should go to the title window
(or the button windows or the side windows etc.).

Any ideas why button presses were treated differently from key
presses here?

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].