Subject: popup menus

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 10:09:14 -0800

So this synchronicity of threads in the fvwm list and here about popup
menus got me thinking... It'd be pretty nice to be able to popup a
menu with dynamic contents and have it act as a proper popup with the
menu tree and all that.

Now I haven't had more than one coffee yet today, and I'm at work so
I can't really spend a lot of time looking at sources, so bear with
me, but maybe we could add a menu builtin called PopUpExec or
somesuch. PopUpExec would expect to be given a Function, and the
Function would be expected to issue a PopUp, preferably one whose
contents had been dynamically negotiated. fvwm could run the function
and then watch for the popup request, which it could reparent to the
appropriate place? Sound feasible, and if so, like a good way to do
this? Or should I go drink some more coffee?
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"What was your username?" - BOFH

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].