Subject: Re: It works :-)

From: [email-masked] (Fabien Villard)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 22:11:20 +0100

>> I think I must even not
>> rely upon "make" tool, for not all VMS sites has it.
>And next you'll tell me you don't have zsh? Or at least bash?

        Sure,  I  haven't.    I have a kind of shell called  DCL  (Dec
Command Language) which is  in  no  way  POSIX  compliant,  built on a
completly different approch than Unix shells, but powerfull enough for
programming nice things :-)
        BTW, since my last post I found  a  reference of an old try to
port autoconf.  Is configure part of that ?  I will try to contact the
person...

>How can you work on such a system ;-)
        :-)
        Well, I have programs that give me all the functions of zsh or
bash, make, even  CVS.    But  there  are  absolutly  not  compatible.
Configure is on side,  for  there  is no need for it on VMS which is a
proprietary OS.  The C compiler I use is  the  same  (with  some  more
features) as the Digital Unix one...
        And guess :  now,  I  use  Fvwm.  I'm on the right side of the
force :-)
        Fab.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 01:50:34 +0100

> port autoconf.  Is configure part of that ?  I will try to contact the

Yes, it is.

> bash, make, even  CVS.

Doubtful. I might believe you with the functionality of bash, but zsh? ;-)

>         And guess :  now,  I  use  Fvwm.  I'm on the right side of the

Certainly.

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]