Subject: 2.1.8

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 17 Jan 1999 03:23:00 -0500

I built the 2.1.8 tar file and put it into the incoming directory.  It's
built with automake 1.4 but I didn't get Chris's latest patch in; I
lost it :(  Can someone resend?  I can apply it and re-issue 2.1.8, or
do a 2.1.9, whatever you like.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:27:38 +0100

> do a 2.1.9, whatever you like.

I'd say we skip 2.1.8 as an official beta then, integrate the
patch and publish 2.1.9 as the beta.

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:36:57 -0500 (EST)

Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > I built the 2.1.8 tar file and put it into the incoming directory...
> > but I didn't get Chris's latest patch in;

	Of course, if the 2.1.8 tarball hasn't been moved out of
incoming yet, it shouldn't be too late to re-cut it, right?

- Bob

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 15:01:14 -0500 (EST)

> incoming yet, it shouldn't be too late to re-cut it, right?

Well, it is too late, actually.  Once it is "cvs tag"ged as version-x_y_z,
you can't re-tag later revisions with the same label.  Well, maybe you
could force it, or delete the old tag.  But I don't think that is good
practice.  I'd much rather skip it and announce 2.1.9. 

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

I'm a member of the Elvis Death Cult.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 18 Jan 1999 01:51:53 -0500

>> incoming yet, it shouldn't be too late to re-cut it, right?

  sr> Well, it is too late, actually.  Once it is "cvs tag"ged as
  sr> version-x_y_z, you can't re-tag later revisions with the same
  sr> label.  Well, maybe you could force it, or delete the old tag.

Actually, moving the label is quite trivial (there's an option to the
tag command to force it, it seems).  This kind of thing happens
occasionally and doesn't really bother me (as long as the tag stays put
once the release is really made)--no one has used this one yet so it's
not a problem, IMO.

But,

  sr> But I don't think that is good practice.  I'd much rather skip it
  sr> and announce 2.1.9.

I don't really care either way.

Sorry for forgetting that patch; serves me right for playing with this
stuff at 3am :-/.