Subject: FVWM CVS: fvwm domivogt

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:07:47 -0600 (CST)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	domivogt	99/01/12 15:07:46

Modified files:
	.              : ChangeLog configure 
	fvwm           : add_window.c builtins.c complex.c functions.c 
	                 fvwm.h fvwm2.1 menus.c menus.h misc.h modconf.c 
	                 parse.h windows.c 
	libs           : Picture.c 
	modules        : ChangeLog 
	modules/FvwmPager: x_pager.c 

Log message:
fixed readline prototype in configure
added SideColor and SidePic options to MenuStyle
cleaned up ifdef'ing for PixmapPath
cleaned up unnecessary menu rebuilding
cleaned up function types/codes
fixed WindowId bug
fixed bug #118 and did some cleanup in menus.c
applied FvwmPager focus patch by Matthias Clasen (ICCCM 2)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 12 Jan 1999 16:16:40 -0500

%% CVS <[email-masked]> writes:

  c> fixed readline prototype in configure

Not necessary.

Note configure is a _generated_ file, created by autoconf out of
configure.in.  You can't (shouldn't) change it; the next time someone
changes configure.in any changes'll just get lost.  Any changes that
need to go into configure must be made in configure.in.

Further, as my reply to the original message said, this definition of
readline is _not_ a bug and is the proper one (we're just testing to see
if the program links, not if it runs, so it doesn't matter if the
prototype is correct or not).

  c> added SideColor and SidePic options to MenuStyle

This kind of thing should be mentioned in NEWS, too, IMO.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 12 Jan 1999 16:45:20 -0500

%% Regarding Re: FVWM CVS: fvwm domivogt; I wrote:

  pds> Further, as my reply to the original message said, this
  pds> definition of readline is _not_ a bug and is the proper one
  pds> (we're just testing to see if the program links, not if it runs,
  pds> so it doesn't matter if the prototype is correct or not).

Just to be crystal clear: not only are we only testing linkage but we
don't include the readline.h header, so the real prototype isn't around
to cause trouble.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 23:43:18 +0100

> need to go into configure must be made in configure.in.

Ok, I'm a bit over zealous in the last days.

> prototype is correct or not).

I've seen no discussion on this readline mail at all. Did you
reply to the list? I see that the mail had a peculiar recipient
address: [email-masked]
 
Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: Chris Rankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 18:56:53 -0500 (EST)

> address: [email-masked]

Looks like something has thwarted the expansion of the alias
"fvwm-workers" that I installed. Ugh - that'll teach me to upgrade
sendmail.

Chris.

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 18:50:40 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> reply to the list?

Wacky!  I didn't see any message from Paul either.  

Come to think of it, *I* also replied to the readline message, and I
haven't seen my message either!

--
Too cool to live -- too smart to die.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 12 Jan 1999 19:25:06 -0500

%% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

  dv> I've seen no discussion on this readline mail at all. Did you
  dv> reply to the list? I see that the mail had a peculiar recipient
  dv> address: [email-masked]
 
Hmm.  Maybe that's the problem; I didn't notice.  But, I didn't get any
bounces, either.