Subject: [Fwd: Icon problem]

From: "Robert H. Ford II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:40:43 -0600

I sent this to the list yesterday but I don't think it made it, so I am sending
it again.  Sorry if it is duplicated.

I am running fvwm-2.1.10 on Solaris 2.5.1.

The problem I am seeing is this:  If I move the focus to an icon it pops to the
top as expected (I use FvwmAuto), but if I then move the focus to let's say a
xterm window behind this icon, the icon does not drop behind but stays on top. 
I can manually "lower" the icon but should it not drop behind a newly focused
window it self?

I looked through the man page for any "Style" changes that might have an effect
on this, but have found nothing.

Is anyone else have this problem.

On a side note.  Who, if anyone, is maintaining FvwmWharf?  I've been trying to
merge the newer AfterStep "Wharf" for use in fvwm2, but I am having a ton of
problems.  This version Wharf has some nice features including a "balloon"
option.

Thank you for any and all help.

-- 
    _/_/_/     _/  _/   _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/_/_/ Robert H. Ford II
   _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/    Lucent Technologies
  _/_/_/     _/_/_/   _/_/_/       _/    _/     Bell Labs Innovations
 _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/      Naperville IL, 60566-7045
_/    _/   _/  _/   _/         _/_/_/_/_/_/     mailto:[email-masked]
                                                Voice: (630) 713-4957
__________________________________________________
|  M R spiders!                    |      |   |  |
|  M N O spiders!                  |      |   |  |
|  O S A R - C D E D B D I's?      |      |   |  |
|  Y I B, M R spiders...           |      |   *  |
|                                  *      |      |
|                                         *      |
--------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 26 Jan 1999 13:53:26 -0500

%% "Robert H. Ford II" <[email-masked]> writes:

  rhf> I sent this to the list yesterday but I don't think it made it,
  rhf> so I am sending it again.  Sorry if it is duplicated.

It came through, and there was discussion of it and replies.  I'll
summarize:

  rhf> I am running fvwm-2.1.10 on Solaris 2.5.1.

  rhf> The problem I am seeing is this: If I move the focus to an icon
  rhf> it pops to the top as expected (I use FvwmAuto), but if I then
  rhf> move the focus to let's say a xterm window behind this icon, the
  rhf> icon does not drop behind but stays on top.  I can manually
  rhf> "lower" the icon but should it not drop behind a newly focused
  rhf> window it self?

This is a bug, and we're going to fix this and release a new beta before
2.2 (I think that's the decision) because of this and other more serious
problems in FvwmWinList.

  rhf> On a side note.  Who, if anyone, is maintaining FvwmWharf?  I've
  rhf> been trying to merge the newer AfterStep "Wharf" for use in
  rhf> fvwm2, but I am having a ton of problems.  This version Wharf has
  rhf> some nice features including a "balloon" option.

No one is maintaining it.  If anyone wants to volunteer, please do so.
We're fixing it enough to build correctly, but no one (that I know of)
on the fvwm-workers list actually uses it so there're no enhancements
planned.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Jan 1999 13:54:25 -0600

>>>>> "PDS" == Paul D Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

PDS> It came through, and there was discussion of it and replies.

Note that the mail at att.com/lucent.com is incredibly screwed up.  It
drops a large portion of the mail on the floor; I have the bounces
killfiled now to avoid drowning in them.  I know the addresses really do
exist and get at least some of the mail, so I haven't removed them from the
list.

 - J<