Subject: Mouse "jiggles"

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 28 Jan 1999 13:32:06 -0500

I'm finding it very difficult to keep my root popup menus posted these
days:

  # Root window mouse bindings (any modifier):
  Mouse 1		R   	A       Menu Utilities
  Mouse 2		R    	A       Menu Window-Ops Nop
  Mouse 3		R    	A      	WindowList

The problem, I think, is when I click the mouse button the mouse moves
ever-so-slightly, like 1 pixel, and that causes the menu to go away
again instead of posting.

I find I sometimes have to click 3 or 4 times to get it to stay put.  I
wonder if there's any kind of threshold or something I could set that
would allow a 1 or 2 pixel move to be still considered a post action?

I couldn't find anything; maybe I'll just have to get used to it.

I recently got a new system at work with a different kind of mouse, so I
don't know if it's a change in how picky fvwm2 is about this or whether
my new mouse is just more sensitive to jiggles.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 23:48:25 +0100

> my new mouse is just more sensitive to jiggles.

Damn, you're right. I have a trivial fix ready that I will commit
now with all the other menu fixes.

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]