Subject: Re: FVWM: compiling fvwm 2.1.7 for xpm support

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:14:33 -0800

Previously from Paul Smith...
>Look in /usr/X11R6/lib and see if libXpm.* is there.  If not, find the
>Xpm rpm and install it.  If so, something else is wrong (maybe you have
>an old version of Xpm?).  Send us the output of the config.log test for
>xpm (search for xpm in config.log and send us the contents around that
>spot).

On the subject of rpms, libraries are generally available as libfoo
and libfoo-devel, libfoo-devel containing headers and other useful
things... Hope you've got xpm-devel if you're RedHat based... the
libfoo libs are useless for compiling your own... All they're good for
is linking when you've got precompiled binaries, as in an rpm.
-- 
[email-masked]
Organ transplants are best left to the professionals
 - The collected wisdom of Bart Simpson
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].