Subject: Border colours "wrong"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 07:02:10 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Tet
Version: 2.1.4
CVS_Date: 
OS: Solaris 2.6 / Sparc
X_Server: Openwindows (8bpp)
Submission from: (NULL) (143.252.80.101)

The borders on windows in FVWM 2.* are more extreme than their
counterparts in FVWM 1.*. The values chosen for light and dark
shading to provide the 3D look are different between the two.

For a MediumSlateBlue border, fvwm-1.2n uses #ac92ff and #3d3477
for shading, while fvwm-2.1.4 uses #e5e0ff and #3d3378.

Of the two, fvwm-1.24n looks the more natural, while the fvwm-2.1.4
colours are harsher on the eye. FVWM 2.* has natural looking shading
for most other colours, it just seems to be this particular shade of
blue and other close colours.

I initially thought it might be an artifact of the 8-bit visual, and
not enough colours being available. However, it's 100% reproducable,
irrespective of what other apps are running. Also, fvwm-1.24 can
correctly display the appropriate shading for the same apps running.
I can switch between the two, quite happily, with fvwm-1.24 getting
the colours right, and 2.1.4 getting them wrong.

Apologies if this has already appeared in a bug report, but the online
search mechanism didn't seem to be working.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].