Subject: Re: [[email-masked]: Re: Notification: incoming /123]

From: "Joe Prosser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:38:24 -0500

Hi,
In regards to WinList disappearing, I installed fvwm 2.1.10 in an attempt
to resolve the problem.  WinList now stays up, but the buttons
don't react properly.  When I press a button, the window comes to the
front, but the button does no stay depressed.  Pressing it a second
does cause the button to stay depressed.

Another problem I experienced is that 'xpmroot' did not compile, therefore,
I've lost my pictured icons.  During configure, I received message:
     Xpm library version is too old!

'xpmroot' compiled for fvwm 2.0.046 and 2.1.7.  I am compiling on Solaris
2.6 with gcc 2.7.2.1.

Regards,
Joe Prosser

Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> on 01/21/99 04:54:04 PM

Please respond to [email-masked]

 To:      Joe Prosser/LSC, [email-masked]            
                                                              
 cc:                                                          

 Subject: Re: [[email-masked]: Re:           
          Notification: incoming/123]                         

On Wed, Jan 20, 1999 at 11:21:46AM -0500, Joseph F. Prosser wrote:
> I tried your suggestions to no avail.  I recompiled on a Solaris 2.4
system
> using a gcc 2.7.0 compiler.
> I still have the problem with WinList disappearing just a few seconds
after
> start up on Solaris 2.4 and
> 2.6 machines.
>
> I still cannot locate a core dump.  I issued a find command in my fvwm
> library, looking for 'core' and I
> searched the directory tree manually looking for any strange files.

Oh sorry, I thought I had told you: if FvwmWinList has exited because
of a signal it received it does not necessarily need to leave a core.
In the meantime signal handling has been enhanced in this module.
Please try if you get the same bug with 2.1.10 (should be out today).

> I performed a clean reconfigure as follows:
>
> make clean
> make distclean
> configure --prefix=<my_path>
> make
> make install
>
> One thing I tried that works fine is that I copied the FvwmWinList
> executable from fvwm 2.0.046 to
> the fvwm 2.1.7 library.  WinList stayed up for my entire session of about
4
> hours.

Hmm, if 2.1.10 does not work also I'll have a look at the changes.

Thanks

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 22 Jan 1999 12:11:52 -0500

%% "Joe Prosser" <[email-masked]> writes:

  jp> Another problem I experienced is that 'xpmroot' did not compile,
  jp> therefore, I've lost my pictured icons.  During configure, I
  jp> received message:
  jp>      Xpm library version is too old!

Probably your Xpm library is too old.  This check was just added in
2.1.8 or so.

You need at least Xpm 3.4f in order to have fvwm run correctly.  If you
think you do have that or better, examine your xpm.h file and make sure
it has the right version info in it (maybe you installed a new Xpm
library but forgot to install the new header or something?)

If you need a newer version of Xpm you can find them under
ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/ somewhere.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:02:21 +0100

> does cause the button to stay depressed.

I vaguely remember some discussion about that. Perhaps the default
behaviour has been changed? Can anyone refresh my memory on this?

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].