Subject: Netscape won't go into the iconbox

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 11:01:57 -0500

This logic in icons.c:

 if(test_window->Desk == t->Desk) {
   if((test_window->flags&ICONIFIED) &&
       (!test_window->tmpflags.IconifiedByParent) &&     <=======
      (test_window->icon_w||test_window->icon_pixmap_w) &&

causes Netscape 4.5 to iconify to location +20+20 which is definitely
not in my iconbox.

With the line with the arrow commented out, things return to normal.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 18:20:28 +0100

> With the line with the arrow commented out, things return to normal.

Argh, if I hear another word about icon placement/iconification I'll
run amok. This was a fix for this transient iconification bug.
Could you try this:

 if(test_window->Desk == t->Desk) {
   if((test_window->flags&ICONIFIED) &&
       (!(test_window->test_window->flags&TRANSIENT) ||
        !test_window->tmpflags.IconifiedByParent)
      (test_window->icon_w||test_window->icon_pixmap_w) &&

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:19:01 -0500

>        (!(test_window->test_window->flags&TRANSIENT) ||
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>         !test_window->tmpflags.IconifiedByParent)
                                                    ^^
>       (test_window->icon_w||test_window->icon_pixmap_w) &&

Well, if you really meant:

 if(test_window->Desk == t->Desk) {
   if((test_window->flags&ICONIFIED) &&
       (!(test_window->flags&TRANSIENT) ||
        !test_window->tmpflags.IconifiedByParent) &&
      (test_window->icon_w||test_window->icon_pixmap_w) &&

then the  Netscape problem doesn't  occur.  Bear in  mind that I never
saw the problem this patch  was intended to fix,  so I can't say if it
fixes the problem it was intended to fix.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 23:17:20 +0100

On Tue, Jan 12, 1999 at 04:19:01PM -0500, Dan Espen wrote:
> > This was a fix for this transient iconification bug.
> > Could you try this:
> > 

Of course. That's why I don't like to apply patches by hand.

> fixes the problem it was intended to fix.

I was just lazy there. I can remember I was thinking 'well, that
can never happen, a non-transient window can never be iconified
by its parent'. I don't see any reason why this should break the
fix. That means the odds are 75 to 25 that it breaks the fix ;-)
Anyway, let somebody else verify this, I'm so tired of all these
icons :)

Bye

Dominik