Subject: configure with --with-xpm-* flags fails to find matching lib & includes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 20:34:18 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Justin Rough
Version: CVS tree

CVS_Date: Mon Jan 18 00:57:34 GMT 1999

OS: Solaris 2.6
X_Server: 
Submission from: (NULL) (139.132.100.2)

The local system here has XPM v3.4g installed.  I have installed in my
home
directory v3.4k.  The line I used to configure a fresh checkout of the CVS
tree is as follows:

./configure --enable-extras --with-readline-library=/home/ruffy/lib
--with-readline-includes=/home/ruffy/include
--with-xpm-library=/home/ruffy/lib --with-xpm-includes=/home/ruffy/include
--prefix=/home/ruffy/fvwm2-BETA

Even with the two --with-xpm-* flags, configure produces the following
error
in the config summary:

  Have XPM support?         no: Xpm library version and header file version
don't match!

>From config.log:

configure:4422: checking for XpmReadFileToXpmImage in -lXpm
configure:4441: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lXpm -L/home/ruffy/lib
-lXp
m  -L/opt/X11R5/lib -R/opt/X11R5/lib  -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lsocket  -lnsl 
1>&5
configure:4486: checking for X11/xpm.h
configure:4496: gcc -E  -I/home/ruffy/include  -I/opt/X11R5/include
conftest.c >
/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:4548: checking for Xpm 3.4f or better
configure:4565: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   -I/opt/X11R5/include
-I/home/ruffy/incl
ude  conftest.c  -L/home/ruffy/lib -lXpm  -L/opt/X11R5/lib -R/opt/X11R5/lib
 -lS
M -lICE -lX11 -lsocket  -lnsl 1>&5

I am no expert at configure, but it looks as though the problem is that
the
system include dirs (/opt/X11R5/include) are being specified before the
dirs
specified with --with-xpm-includes

This bug appeared around v2.1.7 I think.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].