Subject: Status update

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 20:15:49 +0100

Things left to do before 2.2:
-----------------------------

2) still trouble with XPM

Stuff done since last update:
-----------------------------

5) verify the 'growing windows' bugfix

6) verify the num-lock/key binding bugfix (bug #54)
   [no way to verify it]

15) gradient menus lose their colours under obscure circumstances.

Stuff that will not be done:
----------------------------

1) the key/mouse binding problems

10) crash with xclock (bug #56)

So it seems we will have 2.1.11 as soon as this recent problem with
xpm's has been resolved. Then following the original plan we'll wait
a week and call it 2.2.

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 29 Jan 1999 15:25:25 -0500

%% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

  dv> Things left to do before 2.2:
  dv> -----------------------------

  dv> 2) still trouble with XPM

Which trouble exactly are we talking about :)?

Do you mean the problem Andrew Laden is having over on the fvwm list
where it doesn't configure xpm correctly?

That's the only xpm problem I'm aware of at the moment, and it seems
_really_ strange to me.  I feel pretty certain it's some kind of
configuration or environment issue--no one else seems to be having these
troubles.

Of course, it's certainly possible there's something we can do to make
whatever problem he's having less likely, once we figure out what it is
:)

Or do you mean something else?

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 22:23:54 -0500 (EST)

> whatever problem he's having less likely, once we figure out what it is

I think something is weird with his setup.

We exchanged emails and he sent me the config.log & etc.  The upshot of it
was: configure did not detect XPM.  The Makefiles were correctly generated
WITHOUT XPM.  The program was NOT linked with XPM. 

There is no reason fvwm should fail to run because of XPM.  Yet it did
fail.  In the end, he got it working by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH before
running fvwm, and he was happy. 

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

Speeding motorcycle ... won't you take me ...

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 00:20:15 +0100

> > where it doesn't configure xpm correctly?

I must confess that I delete any mail as soon as I see the term
XPM in it :) So I can't tell is this is the thing we're talking
about. Wasn't there a problem with one C program tested by
configure not issuing an error message?

> running fvwm, and he was happy. 

Whatever you (Steve + Paul) decide has to be done, just tell the
list the outcome and I'll be happy.

Bye

Dominik