Subject: fvwm.org

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 18:42:35 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I hope the guy who registered fvwm.org and Jason T. can get things worked
out.  It would be really nice to have a simple-to-remember web & email
address to put in the docs! 

Since everything is already up and working at the uh.edu site, leaving it
there for now seems the best course of action.  Jason's proposal to
maintain the primary DNS sounded reasonable to me.

There's a slight problem with the way things are now.  The URL
http://www.fvwm.org takes you not to the fvwm homepage, but to one of
those "Index of /" pages.  (You have to go to www.fvwm.org/fvwm)

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

I'm a member of the Elvis Death Cult.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 22:22:59 -0500 (EST)

> address to put in the docs! 

	It's Jay. ;)  And I'm willing to do whatever everyone wants to do.
I realize that my registration of the domain name could be seen in a bad
light and I want to stress that I got the domain so that the Fvwm
development team could use it.  

	It is my intention to eventually start a themes site for fvwm...
and I would like to be able to use 'themes.fvwm.org' at that point.. but
aside from that, I don't care, It's up to you all what we do with it.

My company (CAIS) is a Tier-1 ISP. we have very good connectivity, so I
think a mirror site here would be great.. but no worries if you don't want
to do that.  =)

Cheers,

Jay

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Jan 1999 15:45:48 -0600

>>>>> "J" == Jay  <[email-masked]> writes:

J> It is my intention to eventually start a themes site for fvwm... and I
J> would like to be able to use 'themes.fvwm.org' at that point.. but aside
J> from that, I don't care, It's up to you all what we do with it.

You might want to talk to the people already hosting fvwm.themes.org before
you do that.

You seem rather gung-ho in coming in and offering to take everything over.
Please look down occasionally and note the toes you're about to step on.

 - J<