Subject: dup bugs

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:44:57 -0500 (EST)

I was cruising through Jitterbug, and I see bug #108 has a note that
says "see #112", so I go look at #112, and it has a note that says "see
#108" :)

I think when dup bugs come in the best way to handle this is to pick one
to be the "master" bug, and put all info in that bug.  Track it in the
confirmed folder or wherever you normally would.  Then, change all the
rest to say "see bug #nnn" and put them in the dups folder.  If there is
extra useful info in the new bug that isn't in the original, you might
want to summarize it and add a note to the original.

That way all the details we need are kept in one place, and eventually
(maybe after the release in which the bug is fixed?) we could even trash
the dups.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 17:22:20 +0100

> (maybe after the release in which the bug is fixed?) we could even trash

You're right, I was being lazy at the wrong moment (cut-and-paste
works rather unreliably on my system).

Bye

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].