Subject: resizing shaded windows considered harmful

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 02:27:45 +0100

This is the one-line patch to fix the size of maximized and shaded
windows.

--- events.c2	Thu Jan 14 23:52:00 1999
+++ events.c	Thu Jan 14 23:46:35 1999
@@ -1538,7 +1538,9 @@
   ConstrainSize(Tmp_win, &width, &height, False, 0, 0);
 DB(("HandleConfigureRequest: after ConstrainSize: width=%d, height=%d",width,height));
 DB(("HandleConfigureRequest: calling SetupFrame"));
-  SetupFrame (Tmp_win, x, y, width, height,sendEvent);
+  /* Ignore attempts of clients to resize maximized or shaded windows */ 
+  if (!(Tmp_win->flags & MAXIMIZED) && !(Tmp_win->buttons & WSHADE)) 
+    SetupFrame (Tmp_win, x, y, width, height,sendEvent);
 DB(("HandleConfigureRequest: calling KeepOnTop"));
   KeepOnTop();
 DB(("HandleConfigureRequest: finished 2"));

-- 
Matthias Clasen, 
Tel. 0761/203-5606
Email: [email-masked]
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 02:34:34 +0100

> +    SetupFrame (Tmp_win, x, y, width, height,sendEvent);

But is this the right thing to do? Shouldn't fvwm record the requested
size in the original size variables and enforce it when the window is
unmaximized/unshaded?

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 14:23:27 +0100

> size in the original size variables and enforce it when the window is

Yes, that would be better. But then one should also resize the title
window to account for the width change. If we do this, we should also
allow transitions between shaded and maximized. This is a bit difficult
though, since both states want to save an "original size".

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 14:52:56 +0100

> though, since both states want to save an "original size". 

As far as I know they already use different varaibles to store their
original sizes, right?

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Matthias Clasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:03:12 +0100

> As far as I know they already use different varaibles to store their

Both use orig_wd and orig_ht.