Subject: Minor configure problem

From: Neil Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:45:51 +0000

Just thought I'd better mention this before fvwm2 fully stabalises - I
compile up on Sparc/Solaris 2.4 which doesn't have a strings.h (only
string.h). However, FvwmAnimate.c & FvwmConfig's WinBase.C try to use it &
fail compilation as a result.

  Minor, I know, but ISTRT configure checks for strings.h so it ought to
be possibly to let it fix these files too.

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 341 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-134 days! ]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 25 Jan 1999 09:45:59 -0500

%% Neil Bird <[email-masked]> writes:

  nb>   Just thought I'd better mention this before fvwm2 fully
  nb> stabalises - I compile up on Sparc/Solaris 2.4 which doesn't have
  nb> a strings.h (only string.h). However, FvwmAnimate.c & FvwmConfig's
  nb> WinBase.C try to use it & fail compilation as a result.

  nb>   Minor, I know, but ISTRT configure checks for strings.h so it ought to
  nb> be possibly to let it fix these files too.

The right answer is for these .c files to not include any of those
standard headers.

The config.h file includes the proper ones for you; just put it at the
top.  It will include stdlib.h, string{,s}.h, memory.h/malloc.h,
sys/types.h, unistd.h, and allow the use of memcpy and memmove on all
systems.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 00:11:47 -0500 (EST)

> The right answer is for these .c files to not include any of those

Right.  I've got this patched on my sources now.  

As it passes criterion (1) of my previous message --- and it is a tiny
fix --- I'll argue that it merits inclusion before 2.2.  ;-)

The same goes for a small change I mentioned a while back that ought to
fix up the termcap/ncurses problem --with-libreadline.

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

A man came up to me and said, "I'd like to change your mind,
by hitting it with a rock," he said, "though I am not unkind."

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:05:39 +0100

> fix up the termcap/ncurses problem --with-libreadline.

Certainly, I won't object to fixing any build problem.

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].