Subject: environment variables not in manpage

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 02:22:36 +0100

The recent changes in the use of environment variables
are not reflected in the manpage. E.g. FVWM_CONFIGDIR
is not mentioned in the ENVIRONMENT section of the manpage
and FVWM_MODULEDIR is not described properly. Perhaps
others too.

Bye

Dominik

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 14 Jan 1999 22:51:48 -0500

%% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

  dv> The recent changes in the use of environment variables
  dv> are not reflected in the manpage. E.g. FVWM_CONFIGDIR
  dv> is not mentioned in the ENVIRONMENT section of the manpage

What does the FVWM_CONFIGDIR environment variable?  As far as I can
see by looking for getenv and putenv calls, no env. variable by that
name is handled by fvwm.

There is a C #define constant FVWM_CONFIGDIR, but that's a compile-time
thing not an environment variable (AFAICT).

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 21:44:20 +0100

> thing not an environment variable (AFAICT).

You are right of course.

Bye

Dominik