Subject: -lncurses : The Beast That Wouldn't Die!

From: Chris Rankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 20:28:19 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
Just tried configuring v2.1.10, and this is what happened:

I typed ./configure (with usual options) and watched it do its
"thing". It correctly realised that I had the readline library, and
that it needed to use ncurses. Then I realised that I had forgotten to
prepend configure with the CFLAGS I use, so I reran configure and ...

Termcaps Were Back!

I think what happened is that the test for readline found that
readline was present in the config.cache and blithely assumed that it
had been found by the termcap test rather than the ncurses test. Hence
it went and remade all of my Makefiles. Ooops. :-)

Chris.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].