Subject: $(topdir) clutter

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 10:50:30 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

There are a lot of things accumulating in the top-level directory.  Are
there any objections to me moving the following to docs:

FAQ
BUGS
TODO
Y2K-Compliance
DEVELOPERS

Rationale: toplevel should have the "most important" documentation; if you
are building a package, this would be what you read first: INSTALL*,
README, and NEWS.  The above are documents that you would typically
consult as the package is building, or before installing.  At least,
that's what I do ;-) 

Also, the stuff currently in archive look like good candidates for docs:

announcement-x.y.z (could be renamed docs/ANNOUNCE, as is common practice)
cvs-howto.txt      (maybe should be incorporated into docs/cvs.html, if
                    not already)
automated-tests
purify

These last two look like (I haven't used them) good things to distribute
--- certainly with beta tarfiles, if not with all releases --- because
they encourage testing.  Hopefully, a suitably motivated person would use
them, and generate better-quality bug-reports.

Comments?  Strong objections to the above changes?  If not, I propose to
do them in a couple days.

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

Istanbul was Constantinople,
now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople.
Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks'!

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].