Subject: XPM and X11 calls

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 11:33:24 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I know of no impediment to a 2.1.11 beta release.  Shall we generate one
today?

1. The Xpm problem reported recently appears to be the result of a strange
setup, not the fault of configure.  Whoever is in charge of the bug
tracker could close this one.

2. My previous pessimism w.r.t. parameter types in X11 calls seems to be
overstated. 

I updated my sources with the float/int fix, and compiled with 'gcc
-Wconversion'.  The warnings I got (with prototyped X11 headers)  were all
signed/unsigned conversions. 

While I think it is reasonable to want to fix these, I don't believe they
will cause any crashes.  The bit-pattern for a particular number is the
same, after all, independent of whether it is interpreted as signed or
unsigned.

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

This is not a locker room, and that's a surfboard, not a yacht.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].