Subject: Snapattraction and fvwm restart

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 03:29:37 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Magnus Back
Version: 2.1.5 CVS 981227
CVS_Date: 981227
OS: linux 2.1.132 ac2
X_Server: XFree86 3.3.3
Submission from: (NULL) (203.216.42.219)

When starting fvwm for the first time the snapattraction thing works
but when doing a restart from within fvwm it fails to recognize it.

SnapAttraction 20 Sametype

[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module 'SnapAttraction' in
ModulePath
'/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2:/usr/local/lib/tkgoodstuff'

/// Magnus Back

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 00:42:50 +0100

> '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2:/usr/local/lib/tkgoodstuff'

Are you sure you have properly rebuilt everything since you fetched
the new sources? Try 'makeclean; make'.

Does this fix your problem?

If not, what do you have in your config file? Where is the
SnapAttraction command invoked? Please post all relevant
lines (SnapAttraction and Restart related functions too).
Try to run it without a restart ('FvwmCommand SnapAttraction ...').

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 29 Dec 1998 16:14:34 -0500

%% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

  >> '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2:/usr/local/lib/tkgoodstuff'

I find this module path _extremely_ suspicious.

Have you done something special with your fvwm installation to allow
this to work?  If not, then this is wrong and you're invoking the wrong
modules for this version of fvwm.

I suggest you examine the NEWS file for the new env var (FVWM_MODULEPATH
or somethin?) and try modifying the modulepath setting in your .fvwm2rc
file.

This may or may not fix the problem, but it's a start.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].