Subject: fvwm-2.1.5 configure fails to add -R

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:52:32 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Stuart Anderson
Version: 2.1.5
CVS_Date: 
OS: SunOS5.6
X_Server: Openwindows 3.6
Submission from: (NULL) (131.215.115.246)

./configure --with-xpm-library=/somepath
properly finds libXpm and adds the appropriate -L/somepath to the
Makefiles
but it does not add the corresponding -R/somepath needed under Solaris
to create an executable that has the same library search path as was used
by the compiler.

As it stands the compiler finds the symbols but ldd shows that the
binaries
cannot be executed without manually setting the environment variable
LD_LIBARY_PATH to include /somepath. It is much cleaner to have the path
compiled into the executable with -R.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].