Subject: Strange information in FAQ

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 15:47:29 -0500

This is question and answer #12:

12) I really like the horizontal bars that appear on the title bars of
    sticky windows.  Can I get those on other windows as well?

A: Yes. Put the line "GlobalOpts StipledTitles" in your .fvwm2rc.

I don't see anything like this in the man page...

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 16:29:03 -0500

> I don't see anything like this in the man page...

However, I did find it in the source.  The new content will be:

A: Yes. Put the line "GlobalOpts StipledTitles" in your .fvwm2rc.
   Note that this is a purposely undocumented feature since it
   will eventually be made a Style option.  If you use this,
   it is guaranteed to stop working some day.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 07 Dec 1998 16:48:24 -0500

>> A: Yes. Put the line "GlobalOpts StipledTitles" in your .fvwm2rc.

  de> However, I did find it in the source.  The new content will be:

  de> 12) I really like the horizontal bars that appear on the title bars of
  de>     sticky windows.  Can I get those on other windows as well?

  de> A: Yes. Put the line "GlobalOpts StipledTitles" in your .fvwm2rc.
  de>    Note that this is a purposely undocumented feature since it
  de>    will eventually be made a Style option.  If you use this,
  de>    it is guaranteed to stop working some day.

And it's not likely to be found by accident, since the proper spelling
would be "StippledTitles" :)
              ^

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Randall S. Winchester" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 17:52:48 -0500 (EST)

On 7 Dec 1998, Paul D. Smith wrote:

: %% Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:
: 
:   >> A: Yes. Put the line "GlobalOpts StipledTitles" in your .fvwm2rc.
: 
:   de> However, I did find it in the source.  The new content will be:
: 
:   de> 12) I really like the horizontal bars that appear on the title bars of
:   de>     sticky windows.  Can I get those on other windows as well?
: 
:   de> A: Yes. Put the line "GlobalOpts StipledTitles" in your .fvwm2rc.
:   de>    Note that this is a purposely undocumented feature since it
:   de>    will eventually be made a Style option.  If you use this,
:   de>    it is guaranteed to stop working some day.
: 
: And it's not likely to be found by accident, since the proper spelling
: would be "StippledTitles" :)

Proof of course that it was my patch....

Randall