Subject: "Next [Iconic]" lands on iconified transients

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 05:31:32 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Tim Phipps
Version: 2.1.4
CVS_Date: 
OS: 
X_Server: 
Submission from: (NULL) (194.202.174.20)
Submitted by: hippo

If I have a window with transients and I iconify it the window and its
transients shrink down into one icon.  If I do a "Next [Iconic] Focus"
the transients are included in the search.  It looks a bit odd if you
have three icons on the screen and it takes five "Next's" to go
around.   I think the Next/Prev command should skip an icon if it is
a transient of another iconified window.

A workaround is to use "Next [Iconic !Transient]" but that will
skip iconified transients of non-iconified windows which are shown
as separate icons.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 20:35:12 +0100

> Submission from: (NULL) (194.202.174.20)

Well, in the end i found the courage to try. Please verify if it
works.

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 20:30:25 +0100

> skip iconified transients of non-iconified windows which are shown

Cough, did you ever look at the MatchesContitionMask 'function'?
Anyone brave enough to touch this?

Bye

Dominik

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 15:02:50 +0000

> Well, in the end i found the courage to try. Please verify if it

Sorry to take so long to reply.  I still have problems, specifically
with the search/find dialog box of dtpad.  Dtpad may be doing something
funny since it uses its top level windows as a cache. I'll look at it in
the new year.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 02:10:42 +0100

> funny since it uses its top level windows as a cache. I'll look at it in

Fixed.

Bye

Dominik