Subject: Re: FVWM: V2.5.1 - where's 'PixmapPath' gone?

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 17:11:06 +0100

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 15:51:12 +0000
Subject: Re: FVWM: V2.5.1 - where's 'PixmapPath' gone?
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

  [the Subject: should be 2.1.5, of cource :-/]

Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > [FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module 'PixmapPath' in ModulePath
> > '/home/nabird/opt/fvwm2/libexec/fvwm/2.1.5'
>
> configure has a problem finding the xpm library when it is
> not in the expected place. You have to tell configure the
> path manually (try configure --help).

  I'm /really/ struggling to make configure acknowledge the presence of
libXpm.a!

  I'm doing:

configure  \
   --prefix=$HOME/opt/fvwm2  \
   --with-xpm-library=$HOME/usr/lib/libXpm.a  \
   --with-xpm-includes=$HOME/usr/include  \
   --with-rplay-library=$HOME/usr/lib/librplay.a  \
   --with-rplay-includes=$HOME/usr/include  \
   --enable-extras

    [I tried "usr/lib" /and/ "usr/lib/libXpm.a"]

  ... and at the relevant part, I get:

checking for XpmReadFileToXpmImage in -lXpm... (cached) yes
checking for X11/xpm.h... (cached) no
configure: warning: Requested xpm library not found!
checking for rplay_create in -lrplay... (cached) no
configure: warning: Requested rplay library not found!

  ... and a non-finctional PixmapPath :-(  I *do* have files
$HOME/usr/include/X11/xpm.h & $HOME/usr/lib/libXpm.a

-- 
========================- http://www.rrds.co.uk/ -======================
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
                             |        There are 374 days remaining
 mailto:[email-masked] |                           [ T-167 days! ]

----- End forwarded message -----

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 12:10:52 -0500 (EST)

> configure: warning: Requested rplay library not found!
There was the message I was waiting for.  
Do a rm config.cache 

Configure caches information it finds so it can run faster next time so
what the (cached) string is telling you is that for that value configure
is using the one in its cache.  

Brad

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous