Subject: hilight colours

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 15:05:58 +0100

Hi Dan,

I played a little with menu item hilighting and noticed that
the hilight colour is not very good when you have a bright
green background. Try

  SetMenuStyle * HilightBack green, Hilight3Dthin

and look at a menu. The Hilight colour if bright cyan. You
can barely distinguish it from green. Any parameter in the
colour logic that can be tuned for this case?

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 09:42:31 -0500

> colour logic that can be tuned for this case?

There is no tuning available.  If you decide to add tuning,
make sure that the same tuning value is available to modules.

I think you will see that passing the tuning value to modules
starts to get to be too big a change for 2.2.

Highlighting green is hard.  Before we changed the algorithm,
green wouldn't highlight at all.  Since green is x'00FF00',
there is no brighter green, instead, the new algorithm starts
increasing the blue and red parts.  These aren't actual numbers,
but a highlight for green might be x'33FF33'.

This might be the "bright cyan" that you report, although
"cyan" is x'00FFFF'.

It might be instructive to add some debugging  so you can see what the
inputs and outputs to the highlight code are.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].