Subject: 2.1.4 - WinList bug

From: Nadim Saeed <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 09:27:54 -0800 (XXX)

A couple of things,

 1. In the man pages for FvwmWinlist it states the following,

     *FvwmWinListLeftJustify
          By default, FvwmWinList will center the  icon  text  in
          the  icon.  This option causes it to be justified flush
          with the left edge of the icon.

    Note the "default" behavior.  Well, you've guessed it, that's not
    happening under 2.1.4 (actually I think it broke due to the mini-icon
    patches that were introduced in 2.0.46 -- that's one of the reasons I
    kept using 2.0.45).  To recap, the text is left justified by default and
    there was no way (that I could tell) of modifying it to be center'ed (I
    looked in the code hoping for a patch, but whoa ?)

    NOTE: the main reason I don't use FvwmIconMan is simply due to the fact
          that IconMan does NOT center justify (I've suggested that to Brady
          awhile back); yah I know that's rather shallow :-)

    BTW:  I've mentioned this problem before during 2.0.46 and I believe 
          Grant McDorman ([email-masked]) posted some patches, I had
          problems applying them, so could somebody kind enough look into
          this.

 2. REQUEST (*please*, *please*)
    For some reason, unlike 2.0.45, the focused window also forces the WinList
    button to be pressed.  Could we have the ability to turn that option
    on/off (depending on what is deemed default).  Something like

    *FvwmWinListFocusPressed	/* for a pressed look - default --> OFF */

Here are the pertinent parts of my .fvwm2rc file
#
# FvwmWinList
#
#*FvwmWinListFocusPressed
*FvwmWinListBack Gray59
*FvwmWinListFore Yellow
*FvwmWinListFont -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmWinListAction Click1 Iconify -1, Raise, Focus, WarpToWindow 50 50
*FvwmWinListAction Click2 Iconify
*FvwmWinListAction Click3 Iconify -1, move
*FvwmWinListUseSkipList
*FvwmWinListGeometry +0+0
*FvwmWinListFocusFore Aquamarine

Keep up the GREAT work guys...

 - Nadim
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 18:10:35 +0000

>     looked in the code hoping for a patch, but whoa ?)

I think the mini-icon addition broke quite a bit.  Does FvwmWinListFocusFore work
for you?
I'm not sure what you want here. Do you have mini-icons displayed?  I think
centring with mini-icons would be tough to do and I don't think it would look good
either.  I may be able to patch it so if compiled without mini-icons the centring
would be the default and LeftJustify would work. Let me know if this is what you
want.

>     *FvwmWinListFocusPressed    /* for a pressed look - default --> OFF */

This was easy, but I left the current behaviour as the default, use
*FvwmWinListDontDepressFocus to turn it off.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 15:15:02 +0000

>           with the left edge of the icon.

I just committed a patch that fixes the justification problem. Text is centred by
default and *LeftJustify works.  Note that if you have a mini-icon defined for a
window then that will turn on LeftJustify. I fixed *FocusFore, *FocusBack too.

Cheers,
Tim.