Subject: Notification: incoming/94

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:52:33 -0600 (CST)

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/94

Message summary for PR#94
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: fvwm-2.1.5 configure fails to add -R
	Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:52:32 -0600 (CST)
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:00:08 -0500 (EST)

> 
> As it stands the compiler finds the symbols but ldd shows that the
> binaries
> cannot be executed without manually setting the environment variable
> LD_LIBARY_PATH to include /somepath. It is much cleaner to have the path
> compiled into the executable with -R.
> 
This is not always true suppose the library you compiled in is your home
directory somewhere and then you package up the binary for the rest of
your system to use.  Well now on else can run it because they can't get to
your library. 

Brad

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 13:39:12 -0500

> your system to use.  Well now on else can run it because they can't get to

Since  I like to  use  "-R" I would argue   that if you are installing
fvwm2, you  have to install the  XPM  package also  or at  least build
against the XPM library fvwm2 will end up using.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].