Subject: fvwm 2.1.4 out

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 00:13:53 -0500 (EST)

Sorry for the delay; things got hectic.

I created fvwm-2.1.4.tar.gz and Jason moved it into place.

Have at it!
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 09:40:16 -0500 (EST)

> I created fvwm-2.1.4.tar.gz and Jason moved it into place.

I've built fvwm-2.1.4 on Digital Unix and everything (at least my
configuration!) seems to be working fine.

DEC's C compiler emitted some warning messages that you may be
interested in looking into, just to avoid generating diagnostics.  To
my eyes, these look mostly harmless...

I've attached the messages below.  Since some file names are not
unique, I've put the directory where the files are found in column
one, and have indented and word-wrapped the messages.

[libs]
    cc:  Warning:  XResource.c, line 153:  In this statement, the
    referenced type of the pointer value "default_opts" is const, but
    the referenced type of the target of this assignment is not. 
    (notconstqual)
	XrmParseCommand(pdb, default_opts, NUM_DEFAULT_OPTS,
    -------------------------^

[fvwm]
    cc:  Warning:  misc.h, line 199:  There is no function named
    RelieveWindowHH defined in this compilation unit.  (nofunc)
    extern inline void RelieveWindowHH(FvwmWindow *,Window,
    -------------------^
    cc:  Warning:  misc.h, line 197:  There is no function named
    RelieveWindow defined in this compilation unit.  (nofunc)
    extern inline void RelieveWindow(FvwmWindow *, Window,
    -------------------^
	    [this error displays for a LOT of compiles]

    cc:  Warning:  fvwm.c, line 1420:  Non-void function
    "CatchRedirectError" does not contain a return statement. 
    (missingreturn)
    XErrorHandler CatchRedirectError(Display *dpy, XErrorEvent *event)
    ^
    cc:  Warning:  move.c, line 140:  In this statement, the
    referenced type of the pointer value "&width" is "int", which is
    not compatible with "unsigned int".  (ptrmismatch)
		   &width, &height, &JunkBW, &JunkDepth);
    ---------------^
    cc:  Warning:  move.c, line 140:  In this statement, the
    referenced type of the pointer value "&height" is "int", which is
    not compatible with "unsigned int".  (ptrmismatch)
		   &width, &height, &JunkBW, &JunkDepth);
    -----------------------^
    cc:  Warning:  style.c, line 360:  In this statement, the
    referenced type of the pointer value "&IconBoxes->IconBox[2]" is
    "int", which is not compatible with "unsigned int".  (ptrmismatch)
					    &IconBoxes->IconBox[2],
    ----------------------------------------^
    cc:  Warning:  style.c, line 361:  In this statement, the
    referenced type of the pointer value "&IconBoxes->IconBox[3]" is
    "int", which is not compatible with "unsigned int".  (ptrmismatch)
					    &IconBoxes->IconBox[3]); /* width/ht */
    ----------------------------------------^

[FvwmButtons]
    cc:  Warning:  parse.c, line 435:  In this statement, the
    referenced type of the pointer value "&w" is "int", which is not
    compatible with "unsigned int".  (ptrmismatch)
		      flags=XParseGeometry(geom, &x, &y, &w, &h);
    -----------------------------------------------------^
    cc:  Warning:  parse.c, line 435:  In this statement, the
    referenced type of the pointer value "&h" is "int", which is not
    compatible with "unsigned int".  (ptrmismatch)
		      flags=XParseGeometry(geom, &x, &y, &w, &h);
    ---------------------------------------------------------^

[FvwmIconBox]
    cc:  Warning:  FvwmIconBox.c, line 2655:  The function
    "myErrorHandler" returns a value, but no value is given in this
    return statement.  (noreturnval)
	return;
    ----^

[FvwmIconMan]
    cc:  Warning:  FvwmIconMan.c, line 122:  Non-void function
    "main_loop" does not contain a return statement.  (missingreturn)
    static int main_loop (void)
    ^
    cc:  Warning:  functions.c, line 516:  Non-void function
    "builtin_refresh" does not contain a return statement. 
    (missingreturn)
    int builtin_refresh (int numargs, BuiltinArg *args)
    ^
    cc:  Warning:  fvwm.c, line 297:  In this statement, the
    referenced type of the pointer value "name" is "unsigned char",
    which is not compatible with "const char".  (ptrmismatch)
      if (win->iconname && !strcmp (win->iconname, name)) {
    -----------------------------------------------^
    cc:  Warning:  fvwm.c, line 328:  In this statement, the
    referenced type of the pointer value "name" is "unsigned char",
    which is not compatible with "const char".  (ptrmismatch)
      if (win->titlename && !strcmp (win->titlename, name)) {
    -------------------------------------------------^
    cc:  Warning:  fvwm.c, line 428:  In this statement, the
    referenced type of the pointer value "string" is "unsigned char",
    which is not compatible with "char".  (ptrmismatch)
      execute_function (string);
    --------------------^
    cc:  Warning:  x.c, line 129:  In this statement, the referenced
    type of the pointer value "&junki" is "int", which is not
    compatible with "unsigned int".  (ptrmismatch)
	XQueryTree (theDisplay, win, &root, &parent, &junkw, &junki);
    ---------------------------------------------------------^
    cc:  Warning:  x.c, line 560:  In this statement, the referenced
    type of the pointer value "&width" is "int", which is not
    compatible with "unsigned int".  (ptrmismatch)
	val = XParseGeometry (man->button_geometry_str, &x, &y, &width, &height);
    ------------------------------------------------------------^
    cc:  Warning:  x.c, line 560:  In this statement, the referenced
    type of the pointer value "&height" is "int", which is not
    compatible with "unsigned int".  (ptrmismatch)
	val = XParseGeometry (man->button_geometry_str, &x, &y, &width, &height);
    --------------------------------------------------------------------^
    cc:  Warning:  x.c, line 570:  In this statement, the referenced
    type of the pointer value "&man->geometry.cols" is "int", which is
    not compatible with "unsigned int".  (ptrmismatch)
					&man->geometry.y, &man->geometry.cols,
    ------------------------------------------------------^
    cc:  Warning:  x.c, line 571:  In this statement, the referenced
    type of the pointer value "&man->geometry.rows" is "int", which is
    not compatible with "unsigned int".  (ptrmismatch)
					&man->geometry.rows);
    ------------------------------------^
    cc:  Warning:  x.c, line 620:  In this statement, the referenced
    type of the pointer value "&junk" is "int", which is not
    compatible with "unsigned int".  (ptrmismatch)
		      &man->geometry.y, &junk, &junk, &junk);
    --------------------------------------------------^

[FvwmPager]
    cc:  Warning:  x_pager.c, line 1602:  Non-void function
    "FvwmErrorHandler" does not contain a return statement. 
    (missingreturn)
    XErrorHandler FvwmErrorHandler(Display *dpy, XErrorEvent *event)
    ^

[FvwmScroll]
    cc:  Warning:  FvwmScroll.c, line 149:  The function "main"
    returns a value, but no value is given in this return statement. 
    (noreturnval)
	return;
    ----^

[FvwmWinList]
    cc:  Warning:  FvwmWinList.c, line 1008:  Non-void function
    "ErrorHandler" does not contain a return statement. 
    (missingreturn)
    XErrorHandler ErrorHandler(Display *d, XErrorEvent *event)
    ^

-- 
Larry Gensch					      [email-masked]

               "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"