Subject: Adding Menu Items Not Documented

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 12:38:35 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Doug Raichle
Version: 2.0.46
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux (Redhat 5.1)
X_Server: 
Submission from: (NULL) (12.68.22.82)

Both the man page for fvwm2 and all documentation I know about
 refers all configuration issues to a file such as .fvwm2rc or
/usr/lib/X11/f2wm/system.fvwm2rc or something of the sort.  However,
none of the many files with similar (or the same) names will let you
add a new application to the Win95-looking version which Red Hat makes
it's default X configuration.  But it takes *hours* to find this out!
In order to add menu items, you have to insert a file in 
/etc/X11/wmconfig/--each file makes a single menu item.  Once you have
found
the directory, it is pretty clear how to make the new file by examples
already
there.  Perhaps the docuentation could point to this place directly?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].