Subject: bug #56

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 13:28:36 +0100

----------- forwarded message ------------

Hello Dominik,

I believe the problem is with SIGALRM and possibly itimers?

Somehow fvwm2.1.4 is receiving SIGALRM and doesn't have a signal
handler for it.  Thus, fvwm exits and doesn't leave a core file
(default behavior on SIGALRM).  So, no stack trace.

I see that fvwm.c uses the signal() call to register signal handlers.
Isn't it better to use sigaction() to avoid the problems associated
with signal() (window for signals to not be handled).

I am going to try registering a signal handler for SIGALRM and see
what that does.  That's a hack, though - I really need to figure out
what is going on with signal handling.

Also, do you have any idea what changed from fvwm2.0.46 to fvwm2.1.4
in regards to signals and alarms?  Something must have.

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].