Subject: Menu MotionNotify Bug

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 01:07:27 -0800

On line 719 of menus.c we have:

if(((x_root-x_init > 3)||(x_init-x_root > 3))&&
           ((y_root-y_init > 3)||(y_init-y_root > 3)))

While this is indeed what 2.0.46 has (roughly) it induces an annoying 
bug in 2.1.x due to the more complex menu code.  The && means that the mouse
has to move 3 in both axis to be considered 'moved'.  For those of us with
small screens a rather 'straight' pull down (little or no X motion) is common
and results in the menu item not working.

This line should probably changed to using an || as in:

if(((x_root-x_init > 3)||(x_init-x_root > 3))||
           ((y_root-y_init > 3)||(y_init-y_root > 3)))

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 20:30:37 +0100

>            ((y_root-y_init > 3)||(y_init-y_root > 3)))

You are right. I'll fix it.

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]