Subject: crash in menu handling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 17:02:33 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Phil Hollenback
Version: 2.1.4
CVS_Date: 
OS: SCO OpenServer 5.0.4c
X_Server: SCO Xserver
Submission from: (NULL) (132.147.178.182)

Just compiled FVWM 2.1.4, and it starts up fine.  However, it crashes as
follows:

1. A minimal .fvwm2rc (just one line):

Exec xclock

2. start fvwm in my .startxrc as follows:

/usr/local/bin/fvwm2 2>.fvwm2.errs

3. Open the default FVWM menu with the left mouse button, and close it by
clicking
off the menu.  Open it again and again close the menu the same way.  FVWM
crashes.

This happens with a full FVWM too.  It seems that the menu closing event
causes FVWM
to die.  I should note that FVWM 2.0.46 runs very well on the same system.

Same test with FVWM configured for debugging and called with the -debug
flag gives 
an error log that doesn't say what happened.  Here is the end of the debug
messages:

[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][HandleButtonPress]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][do_menu]: <<DEBUG>> called
[FVWM][FPopupMenu]: <<DEBUG>> called
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][HandleExpose]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Leaving Routine

If I capture my X startup to a file, I see this message:

/home/philiph/.startxrc: 8848 Alarm call

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].