Subject: fvwm-2.1.5/sample.fvwmrc bugs

From: "Randall S. Winchester" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:41:35 -0500 (EST)

/usr/local/fvwm/bin/fvwm2 -f ./system.fvwm2rc-sample-2 

[FVWM][ProcessNewStyle]: <<ERROR>> bad style command: StartsOnDesk 2

/usr/local/fvwm/bin/fvwm2 -f ./system.fvwm2rc-sample-1

FvwmButtons: Illegal button option "whatever"
FvwmButtons: Illegal button option "FvwmPager"
/bin/sh: rclock: not found

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 18:46:43 +0100

> /bin/sh: rclock: not found

What do you want to say with this? If you think that is a bug
you should definitely send the offending lines from the
config files too.

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 16 Dec 1998 13:22:45 -0500

%% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

  >> /bin/sh: rclock: not found

  dv> What do you want to say with this? If you think that is a bug you
  dv> should definitely send the offending lines from the config files
  dv> too.

I think he wanted to say we shouldn't be shipping sample fvwm2rc config
files that are not syntactically correct!  (note the names of the files
he's using :).

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Randall S. Winchester" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:40:41 -0500 (EST)

On 16 Dec 1998, Paul D. Smith wrote:

: %% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:
: 
:   dv> On Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 12:41:35PM -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
: 
:   >> /usr/local/fvwm/bin/fvwm2 -f ./system.fvwm2rc-sample-2 
:   >> 
:   >> [FVWM][ProcessNewStyle]: <<ERROR>> bad style command: StartsOnDesk 2
: 
:   >> /usr/local/fvwm/bin/fvwm2 -f ./system.fvwm2rc-sample-1
:   >> 
:   >> FvwmButtons: Illegal button option "whatever"
:   >> FvwmButtons: Illegal button option "FvwmPager"
:   >> /bin/sh: rclock: not found
: 
:   dv> What do you want to say with this? If you think that is a bug you
:   dv> should definitely send the offending lines from the config files
:   dv> too.
: 
: I think he wanted to say we shouldn't be shipping sample fvwm2rc config
: files that are not syntactically correct!  (note the names of the files
: he's using :).

Ohh that is what Dominik was asking... and yes that is exactly what I was
trying to say.

Sorry, I have been walking around the 2.1.5 beta looking for
inconsistancies that might be good to fix before the release.

Randall

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:42:04 -0500

> you should definitely send the offending lines from the

Randall is  referring   to the sample.fvwmrc/system.fvwm2rc-sample-1&2
files in the distribution.

When those files were introduced, I believe... Chuck?, added a note to
the effect that he  wanted to combine/merge them  into system.fvwm2rc.
I spent some time looking, but never got around to making sense of the
whole thing.

Starting in 2.3,  I will  be adding pre-defined   forms that will  get
installed in <prefix>/etc.   I think  thats  where some parts  of  the
sample.fvwmrc directory should go  also.  (At least the useful parts.)
The rest of it should probably  be in man pages,  rather than in these
files.

I don't see anything wrong with the output "rclock" not found, but
the other messages seem to point at bad samples.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].