Subject: Help!!! swamped in Jitterbug mails ;-)

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 15:39:57 +0100

Step by step I'm getting the impression that those
automatic mails from Jitterbug aren't so hot an idea.
Each time when I add a note or move a bug from incoming
the entire message history seems to be reposted. I
wonder if we can do something about that. Perhaps we
must not comments in the 'incoming' box?

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 08 Dec 1998 12:33:12 -0500

%% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

  dv> Each time when I add a note or move a bug from incoming the entire
  dv> message history seems to be reposted.

If you use "reply" instead of notes, does it repost it all?

  dv> I wonder if we can do something about that. Perhaps we must not
  dv> comments in the 'incoming' box?

Any change you make to a bug while in the queue will be sent to the
notification addresses.

It's up to you; if you don't want the comments sent to the list, add
them after you move the message.  If you want them sent to the list, add
them before you move the message.

I agree it would be nice if the mail, esp. the "moving to another
folder" mail, were more succinct.

I've set up the workers list to be handled by Emacs Gnus, so it looks
like a newsgroup to me and I don't really mind the traffic at all...
except for those of us who use mailers which don't transfer the
References: header on replies... and you know who you are! :) ;)

YMMV obviously.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].