Subject: FvwmButtons Panel bug?

From: Magnus & Tina <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 06:06:12 +0100 (GMT+0100)

When trying to get a couple of buttons to pop up whe pressing another button I
find that I don't understand the logic for where it is supposed to pop up.
I cannot figure out what this up/down/left/right does for the panel.
Whatever I set it to the panel pops up at the same place.
I cannot even see a good correlation to the geometry I set.

/// Magnus Back

############################################################################
# FvwmButtons

*FvwmButtonsFore     Black
*FvwmButtonsBack     wheat2
*FvwmButtonsFont     -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmButtonsGeometry -1-1
*FvwmButtonsRows     15
*FvwmButtonsBoxSize  smart

*FvwmButtons (1x1 Swallow(UseOld,NoKill) procmeter 'Exec procmeter -force-spkt
cpu mem-free&')
*FvwmButtons (Swallow(UseOld,NoKill) wmppp 'Exec wmppp -u 1 &')
*FvwmButtons (Swallow(UseOld,NoKill) xclock 'Exec xclock -update 1 -bg wheat2
-padding 0 -hd gold -hl black &')
*FvwmButtons (Title Rxvt,Icon ModeledHeadInClouds.xpm,Action 'Exec rxvt -iconic
-bg black -fg white&')
*FvwmButtons (Title Filerunner,Icon FileManager.xpm,Action 'Exec fr &')
*FvwmButtons (Title Multimedia, Panel (down)  multimedia)
*FvwmButtons (Title Editors, Panel (right) editors)
*FvwmButtons (Title Mozilla,Icon NetscapeLogo.xpm,Action 'Exec
/usr/local/netscape/netscape &')
*FvwmButtons (Title News,Icon News.xpm,Action 'Exec knews&')
*FvwmButtons (Title Mail,Icon xfmail.xpm,Action 'Exec xfmail&')
*FvwmButtons (Title Gimp,Icon gimpicon2.xpm,Action 'Exec gimp&')
*FvwmButtons (Title Cgoban,Icon cgoban.xpm,Action 'Exec cgoban&')
*FvwmButtons (Title Quit,Icon BulletHole.xpm,Action Quit)
*FvwmButtons (Swallow(UseOld,NoKill) FvwmPager 'FvwmPager 0 3')

*FvwmButtonsPanel editors
*FvwmButtonsGeometry -40+73
*FvwmButtonsColumns     2
*FvwmButtonsFore     Black
*FvwmButtonsBack     wheat2
*FvwmButtonsFont     -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmButtons (Title WordPerfect8,Icon ModeledHeadInClouds.xpm,Action 'Exec
/usr/wp8/wpbin/xwp&')
*FvwmButtons (Title Nedit,Icon text.xpm,Action 'Exec nedit &')

*FvwmButtonsPanel multimedia
*FvwmButtonsGeometry -100+73
*FvwmButtonsColumns     2
*FvwmButtonsFore     Black
*FvwmButtonsBack     wheat2
*FvwmButtonsFont     -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmButtons (Title X11amp,Icon none.xpm,Action 'Exec x11amp &')
*FvwmButtons (Title X11amp,Icon none.xpm,Action 'Exec x11amp &')

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 15:43:29 +0100

> *FvwmButtonsGeometry -100+73

Well, you told the panels where they should pop up explicitly.
You have to remove the geometry lines for the panels. The
geometry setting overrides the up/down/left/right bit (or
perhaps it is added to this).

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]