Subject: WinList & suggestion

From: Nadim Saeed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:18:45 -0800 (XXX)

I just entered the bug I mailed out yesterday into JitterBug, so MANY
apologies about the extra traffic.

On a related topic, someone should update the FAQ and/or BUGS indicating
exactly what the list-maintainers want to see when it comes to reporting
bugs (ie. "enter 'em into Bug tracking tool on the web-site" or something
to that affect)

Currently the BUGS file states,

	"Herein lies the (partial?) list of Known Bugs.  Further bug reports
	 (or even better, solutions) can be sent to the FVWM mailing list (see
	 the FAQ for address and how to PROPERLY report bugs)."

BTW: it would be wise to break point #7 in the FAQ into 2 separate points.
Maybe
	7.1) How do I report bugs ?
 	A  : First, check your rc file and your .Xdefaults to make ....

	7.2) I have a window that is behaving unexpectedly under FVWM, but
             just fine under (whatever other window manager).  What do I do ?
	A  : do blah, blah and follow point #7.1 above

It was just a bit convoluted to find out what needs to be done.

 - Nadim
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 08 Dec 1998 13:00:08 -0500

%% Nadim Saeed <[email-masked]> writes:

  ns> On a related topic, someone should update the FAQ and/or BUGS
  ns> indicating exactly what the list-maintainers want to see when it
  ns> comes to reporting bugs (ie. "enter 'em into Bug tracking tool on
  ns> the web-site" or something to that affect)

Agreed.

Also, some hints for entering bugs would be good: the already-noted "no
need to send bugs to fvwm-workers if you add them to Jitterbug".
Another one is "please only put one bug in a bug report; if you have
multiple bugs, open multiple reports".

We have plenty of bug numbers left, and it's much simpler to track and
fix these things if they're separate reports.  My $0.02.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].