Subject: mouse bindings

From: Kent Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 22:49:01 -0800

I just built a 2.1.6 version from CVS.  I'm still having a
problem with a particular mouse binding in my config and it has
been like that since 2.1.4 when I started beta testing the 2.1
series.

----- begin excerpt of fvwm2rc

AddToFunc MoveOrShade
+       "M" Move
+       "D" WindowShade

AddToFunc Anchor
+       "I" Move 0p 0p

Mouse 0  T N Function MoveOrShade
Mouse 0  T M Function Anchor

----- end excerpt of fvwm2rc

The second binding doesn't seem to work...  When I do try
Alt-clicking the title-bar I am put into Resize mode.

I don't know if this is related to bug #54 in the Bug-tracking
system but it might be.

Also, I just noticed that my root menu requires a relatively long
hold time (about a half second) on a menu item before it'll work.
Don't know what is going on with that; anyone else see this?
Title-bar buttons seem to work fine with a short click.

Thanks,
- Kent

----- system information -----

  libc: 2.0.7
    cc: egcs-2.90.27 980315 (egcs-1.0.2 release)
kernel: 2.0.35 (Linux-x86)

----- top of Changelog for my build -----

1998-12-18  Bob Woodside  <[email-masked]>

        * fvwm/placement.c (PlaceWindow): Removed checks for
        * IconicState property that prevented StartsOnPage from working when an app was started with the -iconic argument.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 01:32:04 +0100

> Title-bar buttons seem to work fine with a short click.

I can't reproduce this. Could you try again with the current source?
And be sure to 'make clean; make'. There were some changes in the
dependencies.

Bye

Dominik

Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: Kent Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 11:38:29 -0800

On Mon, Dec 28, 1998 at 01:32:04AM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
+----------
| On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 10:49:01PM -0800, Kent Howard wrote:
| > I just built a 2.1.6 version from CVS.  I'm still having a
| > problem with a particular mouse binding in my config and it has
| > been like that since 2.1.4 when I started beta testing the 2.1
| > series.
| > 
| > ----- begin excerpt of fvwm2rc
| > 
| > AddToFunc MoveOrShade
| > +       "M" Move
| > +       "D" WindowShade
| > 
| > AddToFunc Anchor
| > +       "I" Move 0p 0p
| > 
| > Mouse 0  T N Function MoveOrShade
| > Mouse 0  T M Function Anchor
| > 
| > ----- end excerpt of fvwm2rc
| > 
| > The second binding doesn't seem to work...  When I do try
| > Alt-clicking the title-bar I am put into Resize mode.
| > 
| > I don't know if this is related to bug #54 in the Bug-tracking
| > system but it might be.
| 
| I can't reproduce this. Could you try again with the current source?
| And be sure to 'make clean; make'. There were some changes in the
| dependencies.
| 
| Bye
| 
| Dominik
| 
| Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
| Reply-To: [email-masked]
+----------

I just tested this on the latest CVS on Dec 29 and the problem
still exists.  But I've got more info on it too.  Here are the
mouse bindings that I tested.  I bound to builtins instead of
complex functions to make the environment simpler.

Mouse 0  T N Move
Mouse 0  T M WindowShade
Mouse 0 FS A Resize

The WindowShade binding doesn't work... it turns out to be a
Resize.  If I change the third mouse binding to

Mouse 0 FS N Resize

then things work as advertized.  Is this just unintuitive yet
correct behavior?  Maybe the 'A' modifier is a little broken.
Does 'A' cover when ONE OR MORE modifier key is pressed or just
any single modifier key?

Thanks again,
- Kent Howard <[email-masked]>

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 10:19:38 +0100

> On Mon, Dec 28, 1998 at 01:32:04AM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:

I still can't reproduce it. I need some more information:

1) Are you 100% sure there are no other bindings in your .fvwm2rc
   that interfere with this?

2) Does it fail with a .fvwm2rc that has nothing more than these
   three lines?

3) What X server do you use? Which version number?

4) Is your num-lock key active? Does it work if you press it once?

To all: has anybody else tried this?

Bye

Dominik