Subject: Re: 2.1.4 - WinList bug

From: Nadim Saeed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:41:21 -0800 (XXX)

On Thu - December.10.1998 [18:10:35 +0000],
 Tim Phipps ([email-masked]) wrote:

> Nadim Saeed wrote:
> 
> >     happening under 2.1.4 (actually I think it broke due to the mini-icon
> >     patches that were introduced in 2.0.46 -- that's one of the reasons I
> >     kept using 2.0.45).  To recap, the text is left justified by default and
> >     there was no way (that I could tell) of modifying it to be center'ed (I
> >     looked in the code hoping for a patch, but whoa ?)
> 
> I think the mini-icon addition broke quite a bit.  Does FvwmWinListFocusFore work
> for you?
> I'm not sure what you want here. Do you have mini-icons displayed?  I think
> centring with mini-icons would be tough to do and I don't think it would look good
> either.  I may be able to patch it so if compiled without mini-icons the centring
> would be the default and LeftJustify would work. Let me know if this is what you
> want.
> 
> 

Nope FvwnWinListFocusFore doesn't work either (it used to); unfortunately, the
mini-icon addition did in fact brake quite a bit of FvwmWinList functionality.
I don't have mini-icons displayed (nor do I really use them in WinList), but
I see what you are saying.  Could FvwmWinList figure out on the fly whether
mini-icons are used on not and default to

   a. if mini-icons are     used, left-justify
   b. if mini-icons are NOT used, center-justify as default and have the option
      of LeftJustify

As an alternative to have both work in a similar manner, one could make the
left-justified look be the default and give the option to center justify.

BTW: no mention of mini-icons in the man pages for FvwmWinList (how do you
     invoke 'em ?)

>
> >  2. REQUEST (*please*, *please*)
> >     *FvwmWinListFocusPressed    /* for a pressed look - default --> OFF */
> 
> This was easy, but I left the current behaviour as the default, use
> *FvwmWinListDontDepressFocus to turn it off.
> 

Great, that would do it :-)

> Cheers,
> Tim.

Thanks Tim for your response and let me know if I can help in any manner.

BTW: I'm not subscribed to the list, but I read the archives daily, so I'm a
     day behind..

 - Nadim
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].