Subject: WinList and MINI_ICONS

From: Nadim Saeed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:39:28 -0800 (XXX)

I've been playing about with FvwmWinList (in hopes of trying to understand
the code better :-) but I'm unable to get MINI_ICONS to work.

I have:

 1. checked that MINI_ICONS are defined
    - I added a printf in a "#ifdef MINI_ICONS" section that shows-up
 2. I've stripped down my .fvwm2rc file to the bare essentials
 3. I've included the necessary "style" MiniIcon statement
 4. I've checked that the mini-icon can be found and displayed (as a
    normal icon)
 5. yes, I do a restart after every change :^)

and yet there are no Mini-Icons in the WinList.  Am I not setting something ?
In other words, is there a global Mini-Icon on/off option that I am unaware
of (do I have to face South-East and wink twice :-) ??

BTW: I have been able to get mini-icons to work with Mike.Han's setup
     (thanks again mike), but with my own setup - no dice; mike's setup
     is a bit too complex to debug on a per-statement basis.

Here is the my stippled-down .fvwm2rc file (with which MINI_ICONS don't work)

Could someone else verify that MINI_ICONS don't work for them as well,
with the minimal setup below, so that I could enter a "true" bug report to
Jitterbug..

Thanks

 - Nadim (please cc me)

#
### .fvwm2rc file with which MINI_ICONS don't work
#
ModulePath  /mft/scratch/colossus/nadim/download/fvwm-2.1.5/modules/ALLmodules
PixmapPath  /mft/home/nadim/.Fvwm/pixmaps

style "xterm" MiniIcon mini-xterm.xpm, Icon mini-xterm.xpm

AddToMenu RootMenu
+       "Root Menu"                     Title   
+       "----------"                    Nop     
+       "Move"				Move       
+       "Iconify" 			Iconify    
+       "----------"                    Nop     
+       "WinList"			Module  FvwmWinList
+       "Restart"                       Restart fvwm2
+	"Exit"                          Quit    

Mouse 1         R       A       PopUp "RootMenu"

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 09:16:48 +0000

Nadim Saeed wrote:
> and yet there are no Mini-Icons in the WinList.

Do the mini-icons appear anywhere else?  Do they appear in the built in
WindowList menu?

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 08:19:45 -0500

> Do the mini-icons appear anywhere else?  Do they appear in the built in

Using the supplied config file, I was able to reproduce the problem.

Thinking along the same lines as you, I put a  mini-icon in a menu and
WAS able to see it.

Other things came up, and so far, I  haven't closed the whole path, so
I don't know yet where the mini-icons and FvwmWinList part company.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 14:42:33 +0000

> Using the supplied config file, I was able to reproduce the problem.

I tried Nadim's .fvwm2rc file and couldn't see the problem.  I don't
have a mini-xterm.xpm so using that as the mini-icons gave me a WinList
with no mini-icon and the labels centred. I changed the mini-icon to
mini-icons.xpm and WinList found it and displayed it.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:20:04 -0500

> mini-icons.xpm and WinList found it and displayed it.

Well, I think you put your finger on the problem.

There is no mini-xterm.xpm.
I believe Nadim wanted mini.xterm.xpm.