Subject: Re: your mail

From: German Jose Gomez Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 15:16:37 +0100 (MET)

Well, I have updated through the CVS, and oh surprise! it
doesn't work well for me... it is something strange, the default menu
"visual_style" width is not the correct one, I think it has something
to do with my own patch, but when I submitted it it works so it may
also be due to a conflict between my patch and another one. It is
totally reproducable, you just use a default style with SetMenuStyle
and thats all. is it and already known bug?

	Another thing is that it seems that we go no further in setting
a new syntax for the SetMenuStyle, I mean when my mainboard go to sleep
we were talking about "Stylefying" the SetMenuStyle, so we could use
something like

SetMenuStyle "*"	FgColor <fg_color>, BgColor <bg_color>, \
			Font <font>, MenuFace <menuface>, ....

	Any other suggestions?

	And finally I have a suggestion, what about adding something like
StyleByTitle (or StyleT or whatever you want to call it) which should
be identical to Style but it would select windows by their titles, I
mean for example you could have an xterm with name xterm but with title
"Pine", I know you could change its name to, but what about other apps
like that set the same name for a whole range of child windows that by
other hand have different titles?

<>-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------<>
   One O.S. to rule them all,          |  German Gomez Garcia
      One O.S. to find them.           |  [email-masked]
   One O.S. to bring them all          |
      and in the darkness bind them.   |  "Wur Qanar Wur Stilor Wur Kas"
<>-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------<>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 15:51:58 -0500

> and thats all. is it and already known bug?

I don't know, see below.

> 			Font <font>, MenuFace <menuface>, ....

I think Dominik came to the conclusion a few days ago, that we have
to do this for the 2.2 release.  At last report he is doing that
now.

> other hand have different titles?

Thats been proposed for the style command a while  back, we even had a
pretty good proposal for the syntax.  The  thread was "Style Matching"
as I  remember.   Of coure it   wouldn't  be just a   match on "Title"
("Name" in FvwmIdentify), but also IconName, Class and Resource.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 17:25:36 +0100

> and thats all. is it and already known bug?

If you don't tell me what's wrong with the menu I can't say if it is
a bug. What did happen is that there is no 'next' style anymore.

> 			Font <font>, MenuFace <menuface>, ....

That's what I'm doing in the next days. You should really read
the threads about SetMenuStyle (last week) to get up to date.
 
> other hand have different titles?

Um, doesn't 'Style' already do this exactly?

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]