Subject: Notification: incoming/57

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:01:27 -0600 (CST)

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

domivogt changed notes

Message summary for PR#57
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: Resize on interactive placement
	Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 01:31:11 -0600 (CST)
	0 replies 	0 followups
	Notes: Tue Dec  8 09:01:27 1998	domivogt	From my point of view the new behaviour
is better than the old.
I agree that it is unexpected, but I don't see why it's ugly.
You don't have to hold the button pressed while resizing which
is quite a relief for people suffering from tendovaginitis
(Wow, what a word. Do all diseases have names like this in English?)

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:08:27 -0500

> (Wow, what a word. Do all diseases have names like this in English?)

Someone is pulling your leg.  We have "tendonitis" and "vaginitis".
Its hard to imagine a disease where the 2 diseases are related.

German is famous   for really long   words,  but the ones   I know are
combinations of simple  words.   We have  simple words  for all common
ailments, but the  "itis" words are there for  the doctors to use when
they present their huge bills.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 23:16:59 +0100

> they present their huge bills.

Well, I thought as much (the part with the doctors). There is a commonly
known word for my desase in German ('Sehnenscheidenentzuendung' (well not
really ue but the umlaut)) but there seems to be none in English (I like
that in English, you often have such an elegant way to say things you're
likely to break your tongue in German). I consulted two dictionaries and
both say the right word is 'tendonvaginitis'. With my limited knowledge of
Latin I'd say that's exactly what it is called in German. Furthermore the
dictionary translates it as 'inflammation of a tendon and its sheath'.
BTW, 'sheat' and 'vagina' translate to the same word in German: 'Scheide'.
I think it was my fault that I wanted to translate 'Sehnenscheidenentzuendung'
at all sice ther is no such word in 'normal' English.

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]