Subject: Jitterbug usage

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 07 Dec 1998 10:08:00 -0500

I was going to tell people that they can use Jitterbug to report bugs,
instead of/in addition to email, but

 1) I just wanted to clarify that we do indeed want the general public
    to report bugs via jitterbug: IMHO that's one of the goals of a
    public bug tracking system, but maybe you guys have different
    thoughts and only mean for the public to view bugs, but not add
    them?

    I think since we have the ability to trash bugs, etc. we should go
    ahead and let people report them to Jitterbug.  With the data fields
    provided we'll probably get more informative reports, plus it's one
    less step for us (entering them).

 2) I think we should subscribe fvwm-workers to the Notify field of the
    Jitterbug incoming queue, so that we all see all new bugs sent to
    "incoming".  Good idea?

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 16:17:43 +0100

>     less step for us (entering them).

I agree, that reduces traffic on the workers list too.

>     Jitterbug incoming queue, so that we all see all new bugs sent to

Um, I'd rather have a fvwm-bugs (read-only) list for this. Since you
can't reply to those automatic mails anyway I think it is better to
have them in a place separate from the development discussion.
Thoughts? Jason, is a new list possible?

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 10:31:10 -0500

>     Jitterbug incoming queue, so that we all see all new bugs sent to

Sounds logical to me.

> --
>  Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Developmen

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].