Subject: FVWM CVS: fvwm psmith

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 22:49:58 -0600 (CST)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	psmith	98/12/02 22:49:58

Modified files:
	.              : ChangeLog aclocal.m4 
	docs           : Makefile.in 
	extras         : Makefile.in 
	extras/FvwmConfig: Makefile.in 
	extras/FvwmConsole: Makefile.in 
	extras/FvwmDebug: Makefile.in 
	extras/FvwmGoodStuff: Makefile.in 
	extras/FvwmPipe: Makefile.in 
	extras/FvwmScript: Makefile.in 
	extras/FvwmScript/Scripts: Makefile.in 
	extras/FvwmScript/Scripts/some_nice_icons: Makefile.in 
	extras/FvwmScript/Widgets: Makefile.in 
	extras/FvwmTaskBar: Makefile.in 
	extras/FvwmWharf: Makefile.in 
	fvwm           : fvwm.c fvwm2.1 

Log message:
fvwm creates the environment variable FVWM_MODULEDIR containing the default
module directory.  This can be used in ModulePath, or anywhere else that
needs it (and that supports environment variables).

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 02 Dec 1998 20:58:47 -0800

Rats.  Up 'til now I was careful to only commit the files I really
changed, to avoid all those new Makefile.in files, but I forgot this
time :-/.

Hopefully that won't be a problem...

I can't figure out how to stop Makefile.in from using "TAR = gtar".
I've tried setting TAR=tar _everywhere_ I can think of (environment,
make command line), and rebuilding the Makefile.in files, but it still
always uses gtar.

It's really odd.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Maciej Stachowiak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 02:21:36 EST

> make command line), and rebuilding the Makefile.in files, but it still

It may help to set TAR=tar when configuring automake, and then
reinstall it (the automake script gets shis hardcoded in).

 - Maciej

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 03 Dec 1998 12:35:17 -0500

%% Maciej Stachowiak <[email-masked]> writes:

  ms> It may help to set TAR=tar when configuring automake, and then
  ms> reinstall it (the automake script gets shis hardcoded in).

AHA!  _There_'s that little rascal.  It never occurred to me to look in
the automake script; thanks!