Subject: Notification: incoming/65

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 12:17:06 -0600 (CST)

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/65

Message summary for PR#65
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: EdgeScroll fails going right or down only
	Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 12:17:00 -0600 (CST)
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 08 Dec 1998 13:18:27 -0500

Argh.

This duplicate bug thing _HAS_ to be fixed.

Is there some html way to resolve it?  I'm no cgi/web guru, for sure.

If not, or in the meantime, we should put a big notice at the top of the
page you get to after you submit the bug, saying "Don't use ``Back'' here!"
Make it bold, red, font=+7, and use the horrid <blink> tag! :)

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Dec 1998 12:36:55 -0600

>>>>> "PDS" == Paul D Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

PDS> Is there some html way to resolve it?  I'm no cgi/web guru, for sure.

I'm solving it at the list level.  From now on, all initial notifications
should require my approval (unless I screwed up).  Replies will go through
fine.

 - J<

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 08 Dec 1998 13:58:32 -0500

Larry Gensch <[email-masked]> suggests:

 lg> Try putting this in the <HEAD> of the emitted documents:

 lg>   <META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-control" CONTENT="no-cache">

I've asked Jason if he can figure out a way to whack Jitterbug to try
this.  Looks sufficiently cryptic that it just might work! :)

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 15:57:20 -0500

[email-masked] writes:
> >From [email-masked]  Tue Dec  8 12:17:05 1998
> Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
> 	by larry.math.uh.edu (8.9.1/8.9.1) with ESMTP id MAA08035
> 	for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 8 Dec 1998 12:17:00 -0600 (CST)
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Full_Name: Mark Crocker
> Version: 2.1.4
> CVS_Date: 
> OS: SUN4.1.3_UI
> X_Server: xnews buld@build30 on Mar 14 1996
> Submission from: (NULL) (204.134.212.40)
> 
> 
> I switched to  fvwm 2.1.4 and found that  edge scrolling  only works
> when  moving the cursor over  the left or   upper screen border, but
> when moving over the lower or right border.

I can't create this.  You should not expect to be able to edgesroll
outside your desktopsize.

> I had  not changed  any    .fvwmrc parameters that   affect  desktop
> scrolling  as far  as I know.    I am using:  "EdgeScroll  100 100",
> "EdgeResistance 500 20" and "DeskTopSize 3 2".  If I have time, I'll
> try the OS/2 version of 2.1.4 to see if it has the same problem.
          ^^^^
I have to ask, OS/2?

> Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.  I used to
> be on the  mailing  lists, but  I am not   any more, so   contact me
> directly, but feel free to Cc: the mailing list if you want.
> 
> While I've got your attention... 2.1.4 seems to send excessive output to
> console.
> Is there a way to turn this off?

Not unless you tell us what it is printing on the console.  Normal
would be no output on the console.

> 				Thanks;

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 14:35:00 +0100

I moved this bug to 'unreproducible'.

Dominik

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].