Subject: .png support in Menus?

From: The fvwm2gnome Team <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 16:17:57 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

Just wanted to say you guys are doing great work.  I was curious, will you
be adding .png support to the menus? I think that .xpm support is great,
however, if you are working on GNOME issues such as we are here, .png
support in menus becomes crucial.

Our fvwm2gnome code dynamically generates a gnome applications menu to be
accessed from the fvwm2 root menu, which works fine.  The relevant
installed GNOME apps, and others, have related .png icons associated with
them, as well as some having .xpm's for other applications.  

We can display the .xpms fine in the menu, but are at a loss for .png
support. It would be nice if this could be added in, as you'd be on your
way towards GNOME compliancy.

Any help, hack, or response you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
We will be working on hacking fvwm2gnome to work with 2.1.5, currently we
only support up to 2.0.46. 

If you're not aware of what our site is, please, please, read:

http://www.staticbomb.com/~fvwm2gnome

--Hope that helps,
    The fvwm2gnome Team, <[email-masked]>
    			       _
   		              (_)        
  			     .- -.()       
 			    ;     '.0 
 			    `-..    ;o 
     				`.  ; 
  			     ..-~  .~
  			     |  . ' 
  			     `-'   
		http://www.staticbomb.com/~fvwm2gnome

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Maciej Stachowiak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 16:24:27 EST

[email-masked] writes:
> support. 

A usable workaround may be to do pngtopnm | ppmtoxpm and generate
temporary xpm versions of the mini-icons somewhere in /tmp or the
user's homedir. (see the netpbm package)

> It would be nice if this could be added in, as you'd be on your

Just to clarify, none of the gnome window manager spec requires being
able to load PNG mini-icons. 

 - Maciej

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 01:44:39 +0100

> only support up to 2.0.46. 

Well, perhaps we can help each other. Can you identify what fvwm2
does not do but is required by gnome?

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]