Subject: reamining mem leaks fixed (?)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:29:27 +0100

Tonight I fixed the remaining memory leaks (at least the ones
I am aware of).

Problems remaining:

 - I couldn't find any hint in the code for the uninitialised
   memory read Paul had in the purify log. In fact it looks as
   is someone fixed that (nothing in the Changelog however).

 - In add_windows.c there was a memory leak with XGetWMName.
   The manpage does not state that the string has to be freed,
   but there was definitely a leak. So I did this and it does
   not coredump. Any comments?

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:34:19 +0100

>...

Paul, can you run purify again?

Bye

Dominik

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 10 Nov 1998 07:58:09 -0500

%% [email-masked] writes:

  dv> Paul, can you run purify again?

OK, I'll try to get to it today or tomorrow--I'm completely bogged down
with "real work" at the moment :(

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 10 Nov 1998 07:57:15 -0500

dv>  - I couldn't find any hint in the code for the uninitialised
  dv>  memory read Paul had in the purify log. In fact it looks as is
  dv>  someone fixed that (nothing in the Changelog however).

I was going to fix it when I added my other pixmap cleanup, but you'd
already fixed it when you reworked all that code in windows.c :).

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 10 Nov 1998 07:58:09 -0500

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 10 Nov 1998 07:57:15 -0500