Subject: 2.1.0: strangeness in AddToMenu

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 14:49:08 +0000

Hi All,	
	I like to define my menus thus: 

DestroyMenu CDEMenu
AddToMenu CDEMenu
+ "&File Mangler	%Dthome.t.xpm%"	        Exec dtfile
+ "&Rubbish Bin		%Dttrsh.t.xpm%"	        Exec dtaction Dttrash
+ "&Style Mangler	%Dtstyle.t.xpm%"	Exec dtstyle
+ "&Toolbox		%Dtapps.t.xpm%"	        Exec dtaction Dtappmgr

The AddToMenu with no label and no action causes a separator to be put
at the top of the menu.  If I add a title as the first + line the
separator is replaced with the title.  If I add a title later on the
separator appears after the title. I know this isn't the documented way
to use AddToMenu but it means my menu defs are nicely lined up and don't
have to start half way across the page.

Is a fix easy?

Cheers,
Tim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: /users/domivogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 16:17:39 +0100

> have to start half way across the page.

That is a fix I made for some strange behaviour when adding empty
entries to a menu. Obviously I didn't consider the case when the
'AddToMenu' line is empty. My idea was that the title should be added
always to the top of the menu. I will check this.

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: /users/domivogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 09:52:00 +0100

I have a fix but forgot it at home. It will not be in
before tomorrow.

Bye

Dominik