Subject: growing windows (request for information)

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 13:50:34 +0100

I haven't followed the discussion about growing windows all the way.
I want to look at that myself but have never seen it personally.
Could someone send me his .fvwm2rc and an exact description how I
can reproduce this bug?

By

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tomas Ogren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 14:40:39 +0100

> Could someone send me his .fvwm2rc and an exact description how I

I can't reproduce this on demand, but when it feels like happening, it
has only happened when clicking on bookmarks in the Personal Toolbar in
NS 4.x ... When that "mode is active" I also get a few pixels of extra
border in xbuffy-windows... And then all of a sudden, it stops
happening.. 8/

Other than I'm using MouseFocus, I don't know what more information I
can give that's relevant..

/Tomas
-- 
Tomas Ögren, [email-masked], http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå
`- Sysadmin at {ing,acc}.umu.se
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Austin Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 13:49:59 +0000

> Could someone send me his .fvwm2rc and an exact description how I

(This is from some other mail I've sent)

[...FvwmWinList drifting up and right...]

Ok, I've been able to reproduce this now.

Is seems that if your .fvwm2rc file contains:

Module FvwmWinList

then the problem manifests itself.

If you have:

Module FvwmWinList
Style "Fvwm*" NoHandles
Style "Fvwm*" BorderWidth 0

then the problem is fixed.  I belive there is an interaction between
the winlist module and having handles.  Your fvwm2rc file includes
NoHandle on all Fvwm*, but has a BorderWidth of 6, which is why you
see the effect.  I didn't, because I have a BorderWidth of 0 and
NoHandles.

Austin

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 14:07:11 +0000

> see the effect.  I didn't, because I have a BorderWidth of 0 and

This is weird, I just managed to get WinList to exercise the bug.  I
normally have:
style * borderwidth 12 handlewidth 12

and FvwmWinList comes up fine at -0-0

I just tried

style FvwmWinList Handlewidth 6
style FvwmWinList NoHandles
FvwmWinList

and it came up +6+6 out.  What is weird is that the second FvwmWinList I
ran came up in the right place.

It smells like the add_window or constrainsize functions are using
handlewidth instead of borderwidth.  If we can't find this bug I think
we should remove HandleWidth and just use BorderWidth for Handle &
NoHandle windows.

Any ideas?
Tim.