Subject: StartsOnPage

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 01:56:15 -0500 (EST)

Well, dang, Dan, when you rewrote the name_list handling code you
chopped out half the stuff that StartsOnPage had to patch! What're you
trying to do, make life easy for me?  ;-)  Nice work!

	Finally got it working, still using Saturday night's CVS snapshot.
It's late. I'm tired. I'll sync up with CVS tomorrow evening and rebuild.

	For anyone who's interested in the scope of the change, it hits
the following:

	misc.h
	screen.h
	add_window.c
	builtins.c
	fvwm.c
	placement.c
	style.c
	fvwm2.1

	Dan: StartsOnPage doesn't interfere with any of the style flags.
It uses the StartsOnDesk flag, and acts like a StartsOnDesk-Plus. It was
Robert Joop's earlier stab at StartsOnPage that expropriated one of the
other style flags.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 07:53:42 -0500

> trying to do, make life easy for me?  ;-)  Nice work!

Thanks.  It really need it didn't it?  I have  a plan to get back into
the style  matching code someday.  Has anyone  else ever  noticed that
the style matching is a little illogical?

As it is, a style   is matched to the   "Name", or the "Class" or  the
"Resource", but never the "Icon Name".  But you can't say, I want this
one to only match "Class", or only "Name" or "Resource".

I have yet to think up a syntax but I know something should be done.

> ...

Once again my memory fails me.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].