Subject: Re: Where'd everybody go?

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 22:08:38 -0500 (EST)

Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]> wrote:
> It got awfully quiet in here all of a sudden.

	Maybe, like me, everybody (at least in the US) has gotten
pulled away to start early preparations for Thanksgivig dinner!

> I installed all of the HTML docs on http://fvwm.math.uh.edu; 
> everything looks nice.

	Yes, it does. Dan, I never got around to casting a vote on
the matter, but I rather like the new background. I never had a problem
with the old non-background, but I think a bit of a new look is called
for to signal a new generation of FVWM development.

- Bob

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 22:33:24 -0500

Bob Woodside <[email-masked]> writes:
> pulled away to start early preparations for Thanksgiving dinner!
> 

Thanks.   Glad you like  it.  I've been  using it (the background) for
web pages for a while and as a background for  rxvt.  I think it might
make a cool menu background...

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tomas Ogren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 11:05:13 +0100

> make a cool menu background...

It looks a bit repeating IMO.... Hm.. There's a stone-like background
I've used myself for a while which doesn't look as repeating...
Have a look at http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/fvwm2/ and say what you
think...

/Tomas
-- 
Tomas Ögren, [email-masked], http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå
`- Sysadmin at {ing,acc}.umu.se
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 08:18:17 -0500

> Have a look at http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/fvwm2/ and say what you

The both repeat.   Yours is a little less  obvious.  Yours is a little
brighter. Dominik just  complained about  the lack  of contrast,  so I
think we need to go darker.

I'm finding, depending  on the display,  the stone pattern ranges from
almost  solid  black, to gray.   I  chose "pink"  "white" "yellow" and
"cyan" for foreground colors because they generally stand out.

I'll see if I can't make one of these stone patterns a little darker.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 12:36:33 -0500

> Have a look at http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/fvwm2/ and say what you

I like   it, but  for   now,  I'll stick  with    a darker version  of
black-stone1.jpg.  I've  saved it since it  does seem superior in some
ways.  "xv" has a little problem reading it (Graphic control extension
ignored), but it does display it correctly and it reports that it only
has 6 colors.

On a related note, I've added a link to Jitterbug to the new Fvwm main
page.  I made the link to "cgi-bin/fvwm-bug" (instead of the full URL)
as I am guessing that the bug tracking system  will be co-located with
the pages.  Oh,  wait, thats not right, people  may  choose to install
these pages locally.

In that case, what will the final URL for the bug tracking system be?

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 13:36:11 -0500

Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]> writes:
> >>>>> "DE" == Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> DE> In that case, what will the final URL for the bug tracking system be?
> 
> http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/cgi-bin/fvwm-bug

Are you planning on moving the FVWM home page to "fvwm.math.uh.edu"?

The web docs also link to the mail archives.  Are they moving too?

>  - J<

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Nov 1998 12:15:05 -0600

- J<

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Nov 1998 15:38:03 -0600

>>>>> "DE" == Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:

DE> Are you planning on moving the FVWM home page to "fvwm.math.uh.edu"?

I was planning to add a redirect once what is at the new site is relevant
to a released version.  I can move it earlier, I suppose; it does still say
that the current beta is 2.0.46.

DE> The web docs also link to the mail archives.  Are they moving too?

They will eventually.  I already have Perl and Glimpse built but I want to
play with MHonArc styles first.  Realistically the mailing list stuff will
be the last to move.  I really want to move the CVS server first and get
the automated checkouts and rsync stuff done.

 - J<

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:42:28 -0500

> that the current beta is 2.0.46.

The current pages are still consistent with 2.0.46.
I expect to change the beta pointer when the release is announced.
(Any one with access can make the change.)

> the automated checkouts and rsync stuff done.

I'll update the link to Jitterbug to a full path.

Since  you are  moving things  around, feel free   to get in there and
update the links in the docs.