Subject: will delete icons/xterm-bsd.xpm

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:53:10 +0100

I will remove the file icons/xterm-bsd.xpm (we are
distributiong it illegally). Any objections?

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 10 Nov 1998 19:39:02 -0500

%% [email-masked] writes:

  dv> I will remove the file icons/xterm-bsd.xpm (we are
  dv> distributiong it illegally). Any objections?

It's too bad, but it's definitely illegal and must go.  Good catch; I
never thought of looking in the icons for copyrights.

You might mention this in the NEWS file so (a) we don't get lots of
questions and (b) maybe someone who can, will do something about it :)

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Nov 1998 19:32:53 -0600

>>>>> "PDS" == Paul D Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

PDS> It's too bad, but it's definitely illegal and must go.

A replacement should probably be put in place so that folks get at least
some meaningful icon, even if it's not exactly what they expect.

 - J<

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:38:32 +0100

> some meaningful icon, even if it's not exactly what they expect.

Well, any idea for the replacement icon? We could just copy
a similar one.

Bye

Dominik

---

From: Jonas Luster <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Nov 1998 11:59:34 +0100

> Well, any idea for the replacement icon? We could just copy

Have a look at my Page, down right. Would that be some substitution?

jonas

-- 
[email-masked]		http://www.newsbone.org/~jonas/
[email-masked]			
Warum der Internetstreik Scheiße war und was er eigentlich
bezweckt hat -> siehe Homepage.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 08:19:52 -0500

> Have a look at my Page, down right. Would that be some substitution?

Looks good to me.  I will be commiting it shortly.

Thanks.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 08:33:48 -0500

> Looks good to me.  I will be commiting it shortly.

Well, very shortly.

I've put a ChangeLog in the icons subdirectory.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 08:51:50 -0500 (EST)

> questions and (b) maybe someone who can, will do something about it :)

Might it not be a good idea to put SOMETHING in the place of the
illegal icon?  I've included a simple replacement to this message.
This way, people that are using "canned configurations" will get
an image if they reference xterm-bsd.xpm.

--- xterm-bsd.xpm --
/* XPM */
static char * xterm-blank_xpm[] = {
"64 38 7 1",
"       s none  c none",
".      c gray70",
"X      c gray85",
"o      c gray50",
"O      c darkolivegreen",
"+      c white",
"@      c black",
"                                                                ",
"                                                                ",
"                          ...........................           ",
"                         .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.          ",
"                        .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXoo        ",
"                        .XXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXoo        ",
"                        .XXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXooo       ",
"                        .XXOO++O+OO+O++++OO+OOOOOOOXXXooo       ",
"                        .XXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXoooo      ",
"                        .XXOO++++O++O+++OOOOOOOOOOOXXXoooo      ",
"   @@@@    @@@@  @@@@   .XXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXooooo     ",
"   @   @  @      @   @  .XXOO++++++++++O+++++OOOOOOXXXooooo     ",
"   @   @  @      @   @  .XXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXooooo     ",
"   @@@@    @@@   @   @  .XXOO+++O++++O++OO+++OOOOOOXXXooooo     ",
"   @   @      @  @   @  .XXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXooooo     ",
"   @   @      @  @   @  .XXOO+OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXooooo     ",
"   @@@@   @@@@   @@@@   .XXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXooooo     ",
"                        .XXOO++++O+O+++O+OOOOOOOOOOXXXooooo     ",
"                        .XXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXooooo     ",
"                        .XXOO+O++++OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXooooo     ",
"                        .XXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXoooo      ",
"                        .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXooo       ",
"                         .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXooo        ",
"                            ooooooooooooooooooooooooo...oo      ",
"                             ..........................ooo      ",
"                            oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo      ",
"                          oXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXoooo.. .. ",
"                          oXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@@@@@@@XXoooo  .  .",
"                        oooooooooooooooooooooooooooXXXooo     . ",
"                       oXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXooooo      .  ",
"                      oXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXoo      oooooo ",
"                      oXX+++++++++++++++++++XXXXXoo   ooooo...o ",
"                     oXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXoo   ooXXXoo..o ",
"                    oXX++++++++++++++++++++XXXXoo    oXXXXX..o  ",
"                   oXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXoo     o.....oo   ",
"                   oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo      ooooooo    ",
"                                                                ",
"                                                                "};
--- end of xterm-bsd.xpm ---

-- 
Larry Gensch					      [email-masked]

               "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"