Subject: FvvwmIconMan and configure problem

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:58:19 -0500 (EST)

It seems config.h wasn't put into this module so somewhere at the top
of FvwmIconMan.h add 
#include "config.h"

and in FvwmIconMan.c
change VERSION on line 16 and 195 to MYVERSION

and you are all set.

Brad

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 10:37:27 -0500 (EST)

> It seems config.h wasn't put into this module so somewhere at the top

Good point.  

During conversion, configure.h got replaced with config.h, and version.h
was removed entirely.  I did the following to each source file

	sed -e 's/".*configure.h"/"config.h"/' \
	    -e '/".*version.h"/d'

so if the file never included configure.h before, it will not include
config.h now. 

But this is just a quick hack, as I did not arrange the order of the
includes. To properly do this, the #include "config.h"  (yes, quotes not
braces) should come BEFORE everything else in the file.  This allows you
to pick up the HAVE_FEATURE-type macros to use later on, as in

	#include "config.h"

	#if HAVE_SYS_TIME_H
	#include <sys/time.h>
	#endif

I haven't done any of these kinds of changes yet, so all module
maintainers feel free to start checking for this.

However, there is so much duplication, that I think that a lot of this
could be factored out into lib/fvwmlib.h or something.  I started on
libs/System.h to catch the very common system stuff, but again it's only a
work-in-progress.

> change VERSION on line 16 and 195 to MYVERSION

I did these two changes (using IM_VERSION) and am committing them now.

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

When I was dead, I wore a strong perfume.
When I was dead, I never left the room.