Subject: Sigsegv in DirectionFunc

From: Tomas Ogren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 03:57:46 +0100

Hi.

Direction without arguments makes fvwm_msg try to print a null-string
with %s, which gives sigsegv on solaris.

Checks for null has to be inserted, it's prolly best to catch them in
fvwm_msg, so it won't be missed anywhere...

/Tomas
-- 
Tomas Ögren, [email-masked], http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå
`- Sysadmin at {ing,acc}.umu.se
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 09:48:30 +0000

> fvwm_msg, so it won't be missed anywhere...

If anyone is going to change Direction_func could they put in NorthWest,
NorthEast, SouthWest and SouthEast directions too.  my keypad keys 7, 9,
1 and 3 are getting jealous of 8, 6, 4 and 2.  It doesn't have to use
sqrt(dx*dx + dy*dy) for the distance function just dx+dy and the offset
can be just mod(dx-dy).

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 12:44:49 +0100

> sqrt(dx*dx + dy*dy) for the distance function just dx+dy and the offset

I'll do that at home.

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 11:29:26 +0100

> sqrt(dx*dx + dy*dy) for the distance function just dx+dy and the offset

Good news for the odd numbers on your keypad 8-) NW, NE, SW, SE are in
now. And I chamged the calculations so that proximity is based on window
centers. Please wait for my next commits.

Bye

Dominik