Subject: make clean in extras

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 16:28:20 +0100

Hi Steve,

is it possible to have 'make clean' work in the extras
directory too (can you do it)?

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 14:01:56 -0500 (EST)

> directory too (can you do it)?

Hi Dominik,

Does it not work?  I think it should.

If you --enable-extras, then the extras directory is recursively processed
just like modules.  This happens for all the targets: all, install, clean,
etc.

Even if you do NOT enable extras, all the makefiles in that hierarchy
should be built.  You should be able to process individual modules, or the
entire lot of them by CD'ing into the appropriate directory.  For the
example at hand, "cd extras; make clean" should work.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 10:54:52 +0100

> Does it not work?  I think it should.

It works with --enable-extras, but not without it. I don't want
the extras built usually so I do not set this.

Bye

Dominik

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 08:35:46 -0500 (EST)

> the extras built usually so I do not set this.

Well, it does work as advertised for me.

If I build WITHOUT enabling extras, I can still cd into extras, or even
extras/foo, and run any make command including clean.

But maybe I didn't understand your original request properly.  If you are
asking that "make clean" recurse into extras from the top level directory,
regardless of whether you --enable-extras or not, the answer is no.

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

This is not a locker room, and that's a surfboard, not a yacht.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 15:06:12 +0100

> extras/foo, and run any make command including clean.

I can't (at least a few days ago). I'll try it again and post
the error output if it fails again.

> But maybe I didn't understand your original request properly.

No, you undestood it exactly.

Bye

Dominik

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:36:34 +0100

Seems to work now.

Domminik