Subject: bug in 2.1.3 (can we still call it back?)

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 20:41:20 +0100

Brad found an evil bug in 2.1.3 and I must confess it is my
fault. It will be fixed in a minute. If we can rebuild
the distribution or make a new one before the announcements
are posted, we should do so. Sorry about that.

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Nov 1998 14:28:55 -0600

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> If we can rebuild the distribution or make a new one before the
DV> announcements are posted, we should do so.

Just call it 2.1.4 and avoid any possible confusion.  The distribution has
already been downloaded several times.  (Ten, to be exact.)

 - J<

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 30 Nov 1998 15:36:56 -0500

I'm willing to make a 2.1.4 now if people think it's a good idea.  How
widespread is the bug that was fixed; e.g., will it affect everyone, or
only people with a particular config?

Do we know who downloaded?  Are they all members of this list?  It would
be nice if there was some intermediate place to put the package so
people on the list could get at it before it was "public".  Obviously
they wouldn't find this bug, necessarily, although it was found so
quickly it would have probably gotten in, but I'd like to see more
people than just me build the dist, for sanity, before it gets
widespread use.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:45:59 -0500

> already been downloaded several times.  (Ten, to be exact.)

Even better, don't bother.  One bug  is no big deal,  wait a few days,
and lets get the big picture on 2.1.3.  If we create a 2.1.4 with this
one fix, we are sure to have a 2.1.5.

2.1.3 works fine for me.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Nov 1998 15:11:57 -0600

>>>>> "PDS" == Paul D Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

PDS> Do we know who downloaded?  Are they all members of this list?

>From the look of things, it is mostly mirrors and a few netscapes.  That
means that it is now available for downloading all over the place.

 - J<