Subject: Memory Update

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 00:01:41 -0500 (EST)

I'm losing it fast...

Oh, wait, fvwm's memory.  Right.

I checked in some fixes to minor nits in FvwmButtons and FvwmIconMan.  I
don't have an IconMan config so its parser didn't get any workout, and
my FvwmButtons, while not trivial, ain't all that either.

I also found some memory leaks still in fvwm2 (very latest stuff, as of
about 4pm today) and in FvwmButtons.  I increased the traceback size
Purify records; hopefully that will give folks enough info to track
these puppies down.  Logs to follow.

One _darn_ annoying thing was the FvwmIconMan _spewed_ garbage to my
console left and right.  This should absolutely be turned off before we
give this code to anyone else... and the sooner the better.  Right now
it's bounded with "#if 1"; that should be "#ifdef DEBUG" or something I
think.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].