Subject: Jitterbug?

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 18:37:14 +0100

I was wondering how the status of the planned Jitterbug
installation is.  Probably you have lots to do at the
moment, Jason.  It is anywhere in sight or will we have
to live without it a while longer?

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Nov 1998 12:43:35 -0600

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> I was wondering how the status of the planned Jitterbug installation
DV> is.

I was kind of hoping to see some comments comparing BugZilla with Jitterbug
before I actually did anything.

Jitterbug is the only thing I have any experience with at all, and that is
just as an end user.  I did try BugZilla but didn't really enjoy the
experience.  I can't put a finger on why, though.

Anyway, things have calmed down a bit and I'm able to put some time in on
this.  I also just scrounged a rather nice disk to slot into the machine,
so we have a reasonable amount of storage.

Anyway, does anyone know any tips on Jitterbug they want to share while I'm
at it?

 - J<

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 18 Nov 1998 16:18:41 -0500

%% Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]> writes:

  jlt> Jitterbug is the only thing I have any experience with at all,
  jlt> and that is just as an end user.  I did try BugZilla but didn't
  jlt> really enjoy the experience.  I can't put a finger on why,
  jlt> though.

As an end-user, I preferred Jitterbug, too.

I don't have any tips but I'm trying to get them to install it on the
gnu site, too, for GNU make bugs, because I don't feel comfortable with
www gnats.  If I hear any info from them about issues I'll pass 'em on.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 13:45:36 -0500 (EST)

> As an end-user, I preferred Jitterbug, too.

	Have any of you seen keystone?  It's another free
trouble-tracking/project-tracking system.  It is mysql/php based... and
works very well... and is relatively easy to set up.  It is web and email
based.  

	You can find it at:  http://www.stonekeep.com/keystone.php3

There is an online version you can try under the support & docs section,
or you can go directly to:

	http://www.stonekeep.com/ksonline/visitor.php3

I seriously suggest that you check out the online version.  It is
very impressive.  

Jay

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Nov 1998 13:24:10 -0600

>>>>> "J" == Jay  <[email-masked]> writes:

J> Have any of you seen keystone?

I had not, but I did use PTS a bit; eventually we switched to REQ but that
was ages ago.

I'll take a look and how difficult this is to get going.

 - J<

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 19 Nov 1998 14:28:02 -0500

%% Jay <[email-masked]> writes:

  j> 	Have any of you seen keystone?  It's another free
  j> trouble-tracking/project-tracking system.  It is mysql/php
  j> based... and works very well... and is relatively easy to set up.
  j> It is web and email based.

Keystone is _not_ free.  It's available for no charge for up to 9
people (in a week).  10 or more, and you need a commercial license.

  http://www.stonekeep.com/license.html

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Nov 1998 13:53:23 -0600

>>>>> "PDS" == Paul D Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

PDS> Keystone is _not_ free.  It's available for no charge for up to 9
PDS> people (in a week).  10 or more, and you need a commercial license.

Yes.  That seriously sucks.  Oh, well, back to JitterBug.

 - J<

---

From: Jay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:57:50 -0500 (EST)

> people (in a week).  10 or more, and you need a commercial license.

  Upp... my bad... we don't have 10 users here.  Sorry. 

Jay

---

From: Tak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:58:00 -0800

>From a slightly biased perspective, I think that the Mozilla.org tools are
pretty good. IMHO, Bonsai is the much more useful tool.

http://www.mozilla.org/bonsai.html

It has some really cool tools to let you look thru
a) cvs logs
b) cvs diffs
c) cvs blame (which author changed which line)
d) cross-referenced source code
e) lots of cvs dated/author/file queries
f) links to bugzilla  -

For instance, this is the cvs log for a main Makefile.

http://cvs-mirror.mozilla.org/webtools/bonsai/cvslog.cgi?file=mozilla/htmlparser/src/Makefile&rev=&root=/cvsroot

note the diff, lxr, directory browse and blame links.

browse:
http://cvs-mirror.mozilla.org/webtools/bonsai/rview.cgi?dir=mozilla%2F&rev=&cvsroot=%2Fcvsroot

blame:
http://cvs-mirror.mozilla.org/webtools/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=mozilla/htmlparser/src/Makefile&rev=&root=/cvsroot

Bugzilla
http://cvs-mirror.mozilla.org/webtools/bugzilla/query.cgi
example:
http://cvs-mirror.mozilla.org/webtools/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=REOPENED&assigned_to=&reporter=&changedin=&product=Mozilla&short_desc=&short_desc_type=substr&long_desc=&long_desc_type=substr&cmdtype=doit&newqueryname=&order=%22Importance%22&form_name=query

ok, enuf evangalizing, back to your regularly scheduled work

-tak