Subject: Purify detects memory leaks

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 16:59:30 -0500 (EST)

Here's a medium-sized log file generated by running Purify on fvwm2 and
doing some simple root menu manipulations for maybe 2 minutes.  This has
all my previous patches applied, that's why you don't see too many
UMR's, etc. :)

But as you can see, fvwm2 leaks memory like a sieve.  After that simple
bit of work it's already leaked 46K!!!  And this is after I fixed the
pixmap leak, which was by far the biggest offender (at least at startup
time).

I think this really needs to be addressed before any stable release can
be made.

Have fun!

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 12:07:26 +0100

> pixmap leak, which was by far the biggest offender (at least at startup

Oh my god, what a mess! I will all leaks with 'menus' involved.

> I think this really needs to be addressed before any stable release can

Right.

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].