Subject: Strange behaviour

From: Tomas Ogren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 20:24:28 +0100

Hi.

I checked out the code from cvs (from the head) as of 10 minutes ago,
and when I try to resize some windows with my hotkeys (below), the
resize-frame just flashes and is gone.

Mouse 3 W       M       Resize
[...]
Style "FvwmButtons" NoTitle, Handles, WindowListSkip, BorderWidth 0
Style "FvwmButtons" NoIcon, ClickToFocus

On all normal windows with MouseFocus, it works just fine.. but not with
CTF (which I just use for dummy windows like xconsole, fvwmbuttons etc)...

Any ideas?

/Tomas
-- 
Tomas Ögren, [email-masked], http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå
`- Sysadmin at {ing,acc}.umu.se
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 20:09:03 +0100

> CTF (which I just use for dummy windows like xconsole, fvwmbuttons etc)...

I need an exact description of what you have done (what is in
your config file, what keys/buttons do you press or release
when, when exactly does the frame flash, when does it vanish...).

You say you hit a hotkey but post the mouse bindings ??

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tomas Ogren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 21:02:48 +0100

> You say you hit a hotkey but post the mouse bindings ??

With the mouse-binding above, I press Meta then resize windows by
click+drag inside the window with mousebutton 3. It works for all
windows with MouseFocus but those with CTF, for them I just get the
resize-frame for an msec or so, then the frame goes away and the
size-info-thing in the upper-left corner disappears as well. No redraws
(for instance what the size-info wiped out) are done until I let go of
the mouse.

<speculations>
It would seem like the CTF grabs the click+hold, and removes it from
WhatsCurrentlyActive (uh.. or something) instead of just passing it
through to the bindings-department. Something seems to be aware of the
pressed mouse-button (some wait-loop?), otherwise I should get a redraw
and continue with life as nothing happened..
</speculations>

/Tomas

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:37:21 +0100

> (for instance what the size-info wiped out) are done until I let go of

Thanks for the fast reply although I don't need it anymore. I could
reproduce this at home. The fix will be checked into CVS today.

> and continue with life as nothing happened..

Totally wrong ;-) The reason is that the button appears to be pressed
when the move code is entered, but after that the button press
arrives. Obviously the events get out of sync somewhere. I've
not investigated this matter but implemented a simple workaround.

Bye

Dominik