Subject: NewMenus and other things.

From: German Jose Gomez Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 03:07:15 +0100 (MET)

Well, first of all, I must said that the newmenus stuff is very
stable here, I've running it for almost a year, and have no problems, but
remember, I said *here*. So I think it is a good idea to put it in the main
branch, one of the benefits of the patch is that if you want to disable you
may use MenuStyle, using that almost no code of the new patch is used 
(only the parser), and putting it there is the only way to be sure people 
test it, I think (as Dan already said) is not a new feature but a missing 
one.
	About icons and fvwm2rc's well, I have a *BIG* collection of 
icons and a really nice fvwmrc (~50K), but I think I will wait a bit, then 
I'll put all of them in a web or ftp so you could download and test it.
	Other important thing is why x11amp doesn't get managed correctly
under fvwm2?, it works well under kwm, windowmaker, afterstep and icewm, it
is a problem in x11amp or in fvwm2?
	
	And finally but not the less important, I really need a 
fvwm-workers-digest, I'm receiving more than 200 mails a day (about 50 
from the list) I think it would be a nice option for people like me, that
don't have a permanent connection and have to read the mail in a "burst 
mode", if your answer is no I should be thinking on an script to do it 
myself, but I'm too lazy... please :)

<>-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------<>
   One O.S. to rule them all,          |  German Gomez Garcia
      One O.S. to find them.           |  [email-masked]
   One O.S. to bring them all          |
      and in the darkness bind them.   |  "Wur Qanar Wur Stilor Wur Kas"
<>-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------<>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Nov 1998 23:51:13 -0600

>>>>> "GJGG" == German Jose Gomez Garcia <[email-masked]> writes:

GJGG> And finally but not the less important, I really need a
GJGG> fvwm-workers-digest, I'm receiving more than 200 mails a day (about
GJGG> 50 from the list) [...]

Someone else is free to digestify the mail, but I don't see it happening
here in the foreseeable future; perhaps after I've finished writing the
digest code for Majordomo2.  If you don't have a permanent connection,
though, you have even less reason to want a digest; the total size of mail
to download is the same and when you pull your mail from the server you get
all of the conversation up to that point instead of having to wait for the
server to generate a digest.

 - J<