Subject: Direction function

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:26:21 +0000

Hi All,
	just been playing with the direction func and I think it's not going
all the way around the windowlist to find likely targets. I set up a
test arrangement:

+---+ +---+
|   | | b |
|   | +---+
|   | +---+
| a | | c |
|   | +---+
|   | +---+
|   | | d |
+---+ +---+

>From window `a' I couldn't get `Direction East [currentdesk] focus' to
focus on window `b' and it would either focus on `c' or `d' depending on
how I'd been focussing before getting into `a'.  I tried adding a printf
in the scoring bit and it wouldn't print out 3 scores for the 3 windows,
sometimes it produced 2 scores (when it focused on `c') and other times
it produced just one (when it focused on `d'). Is it not following the
windowlist right the way around?

Also I noticed that it calculated scores by the distance (x & y) from
the top centre of each window. Wouldn't it be more consistent to use the
centres?

Cheers,
Tim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 15:41:48 +0000

> all the way around the windowlist to find likely targets. I set up a

I think I was having trouble with key bindings.  It works OK since a
restart.  I'm still not sure about using the top centre of a window as
opposed to the real centre but I'll get used to it.

Cheers,
Tim.