Subject: FvwmButtons bug (2.1.2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:52:39 -0500 (EST)

Since the new "Panel" commands were debugged, I decided to give them a
try.  I'm trying to run a panel on the right side of my display,
starting near the bottom right corner.

It appears that if I specify anything in the parens after a "Panel"
command (eg, "Panel (left) xterms", "Panel (up) xterms", etc.),
FvwmButtons will disappear (no core dump).

The message I get is reproduced below:

    X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
      Major opcode of failed request:  4 (X_DestroyWindow)
      Resource id in failed request:  0x300001a
      Serial number of failed request:  749
      Current serial number in output stream:  750

My configuration:

    OS:		Digital Unix T5.0 (Pre-release) / Alpha processor
    Fvwm:	2.1.2 // Preprocessed with FvwmM4

Here's the relevant part of my .fvwm2rc file.

*FvwmButtonsFore	Black
*FvwmButtonsBack	GRAY
*FvwmButtonsGeometry	-1-31
*FvwmButtonsColumns	1
*FvwmButtonsBoxSize	smart
*FvwmButtonsFont	HELV_N_7

*FvwmButtons(Title WinOps, Icon mini-hammer.xpm, Panel (down) WinOps)
*FvwmButtons(Title Tools , Icon mini-hammer.xpm, Panel (down) Tools)

*FvwmButtons(1x1,Container(Rows 3,Frame 1))
*FvwmButtons(Title lar3ry ,Action 'Exec rstart -l lar3ry toontown xterm -ls')
*FvwmButtons(Title gensch ,Action 'Exec rstart -l gensch toontown xterm -ls')
*FvwmButtons(Title rock   ,Action 'Exec rstart -l gensch rock xterm -ls')
*FvwmButtons(End)

*FvwmButtons(1x4, Swallow "FvwmPager" 'FvwmPager 0 3'     \
	     Frame 3)

*FvwmButtonsPanel	WinOps
*FvwmButtonsGeometry	+1+1
*FvwmButtonsRows	1

*FvwmButtons(Title Resize,Icon resize.xpm ,Action Resize)
*FvwmButtons(Title Move  ,Icon arrows2.xpm,Action Move  )
*FvwmButtons(Title Lower ,Icon Down       ,Action Lower )
*FvwmButtons(Title Raise ,Icon Up         ,Action Raise )

*FvwmButtonsPanel	Tools
*FvwmButtonsGeometry	-1-1
*FvwmButtonsRows	1

*FvwmButtons(Title Kill  ,Icon bomb.xpm   ,Action Destroy)
*FvwmButtons(Title Xcalc, Icon rcalc.xpm,                 \
	     Action 'Exec "Calculator" xcalc &')
*FvwmButtons(Title XMag, Icon magnifying_glass2.xpm,      \
	     Action 'Exec "xmag" xmag &')
*FvwmButtons(Title Mail, Icon mail2.xpm,                  \
	     Action 'Exec "xmh" xmh &')

-- 
Larry Gensch					      [email-masked]

               "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].