Subject: New Menus patch against yesterday CVS

From: German Jose Gomez Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:44:00 +0100 (MET)

I finally do it :), it is not a definitive version, but it works
(at least for me). Please include it in the may CVS branch as soon as you
can, it should apply cleanly to today or even tomorrow CVS, it is 
important to note that the new MenuStyle broke previous .fvwm2rc, but you 
only need to change a line, and I think it is worthwile. I have updated 
the man page to reflect the changes, so take a look at it before asking 
for help, jeje, sure you will need help.
	I would like to have commit allowed, as I should start working in
debugging the menustyle, and I think Dominik is already very busy to 
receive a patch more than once a day :)
	As it seems that nobody answer my question about a 
fvwm-workers-digest mailing list, I should think you do not want it...
it is a pity, my sysadmin would be much more happy with it.

<>-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------<>
   One O.S. to rule them all,          |  German Gomez Garcia
      One O.S. to find them.           |  [email-masked]
   One O.S. to bring them all          |
      and in the darkness bind them.   |  "Wur Qanar Wur Stilor Wur Kas"
<>-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------<>

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:53:47 -0500

> only need to change a line, and I think it is worthwile. I have updated 

If I  understand you, I  don't think introducing  a change that breaks
existing config files is an acceptable change.

I suggest you find a way to configure  new behavior that lets existing
config files continue to work.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: German Jose Gomez Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 00:13:00 +0100 (MET)

> config files continue to work.

	Well, I'm currently changing it, just make a warper for the "old" 
MenuStyle and adding a "new" SetMenuStyle, I hope this would be 
acceptable, I should do it before, sorry (when you are thinking in that 
misterious segfault you forget about trivial things :)
<>-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------<>
   One O.S. to rule them all,          |  German Gomez Garcia
      One O.S. to find them.           |  [email-masked]
   One O.S. to bring them all          |
      and in the darkness bind them.   |  "Wur Qanar Wur Stilor Wur Kas"
<>-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------<>