Subject: fvwm-2.1.2 build error

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:23:55 -0500 (EST)

I received an error message when trying to build fvwm-2.1.2.

Package:	fvwm-2.1.2.tar.gz       980 Kb    Fri Nov 20 15:48:00 1998
Environment:	Digital Unix T5.0 (prerelease) Alpha processor
		DEC C

Error:

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../libs  -I/freeware/include    -O2 -c bindings.c
cc: Error: bindings.c, line 252: The function "ParseMouseEntry" has return type void, and so must not contain a return statement with an expression. (voidreturn)
  return ParseBindEntry(eventp, w, tmp_win, junk, tline, Module, 0);
--^

The relevant lines of code in bindings.c:

void ParseMouseEntry(XEvent *eventp,Window w,FvwmWindow *tmp_win,
                     unsigned long junk, char *tline,int* Module)
{
  return ParseBindEntry(eventp, w, tmp_win, junk, tline, Module, 0);
}

The simple fix is to remove the 'return ' keyword from this and the
other void functions (like the one following it).

I don't have CVS access, but the ChangeLog shows this entry for
bindings.c:

1998-11-11  Dominik Vogt  <[email-masked]>

	* fvwm/bindings.c (ParseKeyEntry): Speedup for Key binding parsing
	(ParseBindEntry): Merged ParseMouseEntry and ParseKeyEntry.

-- 
Larry Gensch					      [email-masked]

               "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].