Subject: GSFR: One flags structure or two?

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 16 Nov 1998 13:55:44 -0500

Here's the second thread Dan raised; I hope he'll followup and explain
this one better, but essentially he suggests it would make more sense to
split the existing flags into two sets, rather than leaving them lumped
together in one structure.

Dan, details and arguments?

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 15:26:50 -0500

> Dan, details and arguments?

What thread are you talking about?  Are  you reading the archives from
the  first  time this   went  around?  Could    you please  include  a
quotation?

Oh, this might be Bob too?

Anyway, there is an issue.  From add_window.c:

  tmp_win->flags |= styles.on_flags & ALL_COMMON_FLAGS;

As you can  see, there comes a  time when some  of the style flags are
copied into the FvwmWindow structure.  It might be logical to put the
common flags in one area, and the remaining flags in another.

> -- 
>  Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Developmen

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].