Subject: bug with xterms

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 12:50:56 -0500 (EST)

I don't know if anyone else has seen this.  But I thought it would through
it out maybe someone has an idea how to fix it.

I have an xterm that supports ansi color compiled under Solaris.  But what
of its nifty features is called active icons ( what it gives me, is a
scaled down view of my xterm when I iconify it. that updates its contents
automatically.  so you could iconify a log window, then when something
writes to it you can see the text inside your mini view change.)

Now the problem is if I resize this window after i create it.  As soon as
a release my mouse button.  The thing shrinks down to the size of my
handles plus xterm scrollbar width.  If I don't use active icons then the
sterm behaves normally on resize.  I've tried it out under CDE and it
behaves correctlly, so I am doubtful that it is the xterm, but more
likelly something in fvwm.

Any thoughts,
Brad

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 18:56:48 +0100

How can I reproduce this (i.e. how do you activate
this feature)? I'd like to try it but have little time
to read manpages :-(

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 13:38:35 -0500 (EST)

well you can do xterm +ai  if its compiled in otherwise you need to
rebuild an xterm that has that feature,  I can pass along the source if
you want it.

Brad

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 20:06:47 +0100

> rebuild an xterm that has that feature,  I can pass along the source if

I do, thanks for the offer. My current Linux distribution dosn't
contain the X11 sources anymore.

Bye

Dominik

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 20:22:06 +0100

> it out maybe someone has an idea how to fix it.

I can reproduce this (if that hels you) but didn't have time to
look after this. I'd start writing debug code into the resize
functions.

Bye

Dominik