Subject: Re: Further development (Reply II)

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 01 Nov 1998 01:51:30 -0500

%% Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:

  >> - manpage fixes I keep forwarding manpage typo fixes to this list,
  >> but no-one ever seems to accept them.

  de> You go thru all the work to create a patch, and it seems to disappear
  de> into a black hole.

  de> Precisely why I'm so much in favor of a public CVS tree.

This will go a long way: the more people have access the more likely it
is to get caught and changed by someone with that ability.

  de> Assuming Austin doesn't  want  to    apply  for update  access,    any
  de> suggestions from  the list members on what   we can do  for the random
  de> patch problem?

Typically in other organizations I've seen, it's the release
maintainer's responsibility to handle random patches and apply them.
The other alternative is to get a bug database working somewhere and
have patches stored there, so people can add them as they have time.

I recently looked into this a bit and I must say I like Jitterbug, by
the Samba group, although I think it requires web access unlike things
like GNATS and debbug which use email.  Of course, it needs to be hosted
somewhere :)

  http://samba.anu.edu.au/cgi-bin/jitterbug/

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].