Subject: Notes vs. Replies

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 01:03:56 -0500 (EST)

[email-masked] (Paul D. Smith) wrote:
> 
> Does anyone know what the difference is (besides the fact that the reply
> is sent via email) and when one would be preferred over the other?

	Since Notes are displayed in the item list for a folder, I figured
they probably should be kept short and few, and maybe used to indicate at
a glance some sort of status change, like "I've started working on it",
or "I'm testing a fix today", or "RTFM".

	Because the reply only gets displayed when you open up the item,
the text box there seemed to invite a bit more detailed description or
discussion.

	Anyway, that's how I've been using them. Other ideas...?

- Bob

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].