Subject: Re[2]: recapture problems?

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:22:52 -0500 (EST)

Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > > Has anyone noticed
> > > 1. that certain windows like FvwmButtons seem to grow on a recapture
> > > 2. other windows shift up 10 pixels or so.
> 
> I think I can show you the problem for 1.
> and you can disregard 2.

	What's the story with # 2?

> Here are my Style flags for the pager
> Style "Fvwm*"           NoTitle, NoHandles, Sticky, WindowListSkip,
> BorderWidth 0 
> Style "Fvwm*"           CirculateSkip, CirculateSkipIcon, ClickToFocus 
> 
> Then start the pager and do some recaptures, sometimes it doesn't do it
> but if you do a few succesive recaptures it will.

	I tried this setup, and couldn't make it change size with 25
Recaptures. I think we probably need to see the *FvwmPager config lines.

> But it seems to always grow if it is swallowed by FvwmButtons then both
> modules will grow.

	Haven't tried it this way.

- Bob

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:49:26 -0500 (EST)

Alright I found the problem now someone else can explain it to me.  I
noted all the windows that were growing were growing by 5w and 12h. But
then I checked in my fvwm2rc to see which ones were growing.

In my style flags I had 
Style ...
Style ...
Style ...

Style
.
.
.

Then any window after the first blank line was one of the growing windows.
The solution loose the blanks.
Now this is recent because I have had the blanks in there for quite some
time.  So I imagine something in the config parsing is choking on blank
lines.

Well I found my problem so now I know I'm not going crazy so if someone
can't get to it before tomorrow I'll see if I can find the problem
tomorrow

Brad

> 	What's the story with # 2?

I had FvwmCommand running with the push-away script when I did the
recapture and it was pushing things away from my IconMan which was in a
FvwmButtons which grew 10 pixels or so. and therefore I got the shift

---

From: Austin Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 00:51:41 +0000

> 	What's the story with # 2?

It really happens.

Is seems that if your .fvwm2rc file contains:

Module FvwmWinList

then the problem manifests itself.

If you have:

Module FvwmWinList
Style "Fvwm*" NoHandles
Style "Fvwm*" BorderWidth 0

Austin