Subject: newmenus wrapup

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:56:58 +0100

Here's a wrapup of the ongoing discussion about German's
newmenu patch (as i see it):

People who want it in CVS now:

  German (of course)
  Mike
  Dominik

Opposed to putting it in:

  Austin (wants a stable release quickly)

More or less neutral:

  Dan (does not want it in the main trunk but would accept both decisions)
  Steve (opposed to putting in untested code).

So I'd like to put it in tonight. I think Steve's points are valid,
but I'd still do it because the patch has been around for long, German
thinks it's very stable and (most important) there is little hope that
stability will improve if it is in a branch (Steve himself argued in the
past that branches would create the false hope of code being tested).

Another reason is that we don't want to mingle the newmenus patch
with the syntax rewrite.

BTW, pleas, nobody rewrites the MenyStyle syntax right now. Let's
discuss that to the end first.

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 12:02:24 +0100

> People who want it in CVS now:

 + Brad

Bye

Dominik