Subject: Speaking of icons

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 16:23:24 -0500

Speaking of icons, I notice that when I change an icon for an existing
window, the next time I iconify that window, the icon changes.

I think thats new behaviour.

I see  we are  using some kind   of caching logic, and  apparently its
causing my configuration to read the icon image on every use.

The new behaviour doesn't seem to create a performance problem,
but I wonder if the change is intentional.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 12:17:09 +0100

> but I wonder if the change is intentional.

I don't think so. At least there is no documentation on that.
When has this changed? Maybe it's related to some memory leak
fix.

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 08:39:26 -0500

> When has this changed? Maybe it's related to some memory leak

Well, if no one on the list made a  purpose change, I'll look into it.
Perhaps its something in  my environment.  I recently  wrote something
that generates some menus with over 1000 mini-icons (all the same).
Could be I'm forcing things out of the cache.