Subject: no link to archive on web page, unofficial patches

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 16:57:32 +0100

I had some difficulties to find the download archive on our
new (and the old) web site. There is only a link to 2.0.46,
but I could not find /pub/fvwm itself. I had to type that
manually. Could you add that, Dan?

Another think is that the unofficial patches directory
contains patches for various versions. There should be
a directory for patches that have been applied to the
current version (some kind of archive).

Bye

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 08:42:50 -0500

> manually. Could you add that, Dan?

I can, but I'm not sure  its a good idea.   The current approach is to
lead downloaders  to specific things we want  them to download.  There
are no links  to 2.0.38 for example.   For people that want unofficial
patches, old releases, etc.   They are generally resourceful enough to
find what they need.

If you would still like a link to  /pub/fvwm, give me  an idea of what
you would like the web page to say about it, and I will add it.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:06:32 +0100

> patches, old releases, etc.   They are generally resourceful enough to

Well, I don't have strong feelings about that, but I don't understand
the reason for this secrecy. Why wouldn't we want people to see our
alpha code or the unofficial patches?

Bye

Dominik

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 09:30:03 -0500

> alpha code or the unofficial patches?

I'm not trying to keep a secret, as much as trying to guide people
to the right place.  If you can come up with a sentence or 2 that
I can put on the page, that will clearly explain why I would want to
send someone to the /pub/fvwm directory,  I'll be glad to do it.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:44:01 +0100

> send someone to the /pub/fvwm directory,  I'll be glad to do it.

How about this:

Old releases of fvwm1 and fvwm2 and (for the brave), the latest alpha
and beta releases as well as unofficial patches can be found at
<URL>.

Bye

Dominik