Subject: Out of the net for a while

From: German Jose Gomez Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 11:17:23 +0100 (MET)

Well, I'll be out of the net for a while, my motherboard died 
last friday, I've already sent it to repair, but until next friday (or 
even later :( I'll have no computer, if you don't hear from me again, 
maybe I could not stand the thing...

	I've read some of the email from a friend's account, and I think 
you've forgot about the first thing I propose in my last "ideas mail", 
the thing about the "background icon rendering", as I've said to Dominik 
my english is worse than I thought, what I was trying to say is to draw a 
background (for example a WindowMaker tile) and then draw another icon 
(the normal icon, specified with Icon ... ) above it; of course it should 
clip the fore icon over the back icon. We could also specify come kind of 
geometry in the Icon directive, something like 

	Style "*"	BackIcon Tile00.xpm, Icon x11.xpm:+10+10

If no geometry is specify the icon should be drawn centered in the 
background icon, I wouldn't be able to look at it until I get my 
motherboard repaired, so if anybody wants to start it... ;-)

	Bye, I'll be away (hope not for too much time)

<>-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------<>
   One O.S. to rule them all,          |  German Gomez Garcia
      One O.S. to find them.           |  [email-masked]
   One O.S. to bring them all          |
      and in the darkness bind them.   |  "Wur Qanar Wur Stilor Wur Kas"
<>-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------<>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael C Tilstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 12:03:52 -0600

> 	Style "*"	BackIcon Tile00.xpm, Icon x11.xpm:+10+10

ok, I started wroking on this idea. (whee! I'm gonna get to contribute
something :) And its going ok, except I got hung up rather quick tying to
understand the way the style line is read so I can add the `BackIcon'
option. (anyone suprised?)  
 
 I'm stuck on where it reads the option into the tname (name_list struct),
on each icon, mini icon, and apparently all other options have a
flag that they turn on to tell that that option exists. Well, my problem is
that it appears that all 32 bits are taken.

 I'm taking a lot of faith on how most of the code in style.c works. I
pretty much [so far] added a value to the name_list struct and made the
part that reads the BackIcon option simular to the icon and miniIcon
options.

 I think I could find a place to stick this bit flag, but I figured someone
else who know the code a bit better than I do may know where to put it. I'm
going to keep looking, but I'm not sure I'll find anything.

Thanks.
-- 
Mike Tilstra                                   Tadpol
[email-masked]  http://www.tc.umn.edu/~tils0007/
   Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:39:51 -0500

> going to keep looking, but I'm not sure I'll find anything.

Not every thing parsed from  a "Style" command needs  a bit flag.  For
example, the IconGrid doesn't have a bit flag.

If you do need another bit, add  something to the list  to hold a bit.
There is  no  absolute need for  all bits  to  be  put into  the  same
container.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Michael C Tilstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 15:17:52 -0600

> There is  no  absolute need for  all bits  to  be  put into  the  same

Yeah, I was just noticing that.  I believe I have a way to get this without
another bit.  I need to play with some things somemore yet though.