Subject: More menu problems

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:02:56 -0400

Sorry, forgot to mention...

As I just  mentioned, FvwmAnimate will define  its own menus.  I'm not
completely done with  the final design, but my  first attempt was like
this:

AddToMenu "Modules" "Start Animate" Module FvwmAnimate
AddToMenu "Modules" "Config Animate" Popup MenuFvwmAnimate

The idea being, to use FvwmAnimate, you only need to configure 2 lines
into your .fvwm2rc.  (I'm really aiming for zero lines.)

When FvwmAnimate  starts,     it  destroys, then creates      the menu
"MenuFvwmAnimate".  The problem  I ran into  is that I use "mwm" menus
which popup submenus as  you go past  them.  fvwm2 created a core file
as I moved the cursor past the second menu item.  I didn't look, but I
assume thats because the menu didn't exist yet.

Since then, I've changed this a bit:

AddToMenu "Modules" "Animate" Popup MenuFvwmAnimate
AddToMenu "MenuFvwmAnimate" "Start it" Module FvwmAnimate

After FvwmAnimate starts, MenuFvwmAnimate  is destroyed and a new menu
that configures, kills and/or restarts it is created.

Obviously, the logic that creates the core  file should be identified.
Hmm, just read my mail, has a patch been posted for this too?

I think  to get to  my zero lines goal,  at  least one menu has  to be
built into fvwm2 itself.   I haven't yet written  the logic  that will
save  FvwmAnimates config  in $HOME/.FvwmAnimate,  but  I think  thats
next.

Any comments on the design will be accepted.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:08:55 +0200

[email-masked] wrote:
> fvwm2 created a core file

Correct. I have fixed that in the menu position patch, but
if you want to merge this with your work, there will be
lots of things to do. I have no fix for a clean 2.0.47d
since I changed large parts of the menu code. But I
remember it was just a missing check for a NULL pointer.

Ciao

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883,
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].