Subject: Re[2]: Further development

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 23:55:40 -0500 (EST)

Dan Espen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> 
> I only wish Bob  Woodside would get  update  access and  re-provide us
> with "Starts on Page".

...to which Dominik replied:

> I have no objections.

	Hmmm...looks like I'm going to have to find some time to learn
CVS sooner than I'd planned. Bear with me, as I've a good bit of catching
up to do. What with a massive work load, home remodeling, and an early
Fall bug (hack, snort!), I've not had time to give more than a cursory
read to most of the recent list traffic, and be quietly glad that there's
significant activity once again.

	I'll be happy to try to add StartsOnPage if you want. I've
deliberately not suggested its inclusion, not wanting to add another hefty
code change to what I had thought was very close to being a real release
(2.0.47d), pending a few bug fixes.

	I'll send Jason the request for update authorization shortly.
Maybe by the time I get it, I'll have figured out how to grab the CVS
tree and get a clean build out of it.

	I think I need to reread the last few days' worth of CVS discussion.
My first attempt wasn't very productive. A little earlier this evening
I tried, per the original instructions:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs/fvwm checkout fvwm

then did the standard  xmkmf -a ; make  at the top of my new source tree,
and had the build fail because of a missing ModParse.c in libs.

	I assume I need to figure out how to get (or merge) the proper
branch(es)...but I do find it puzzling that what I grabbed - presumably
the main trunk - behaved this way.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 16:08:18 -0500

> and had the build fail because of a missing ModParse.c in libs.

ModParse.c is part of the animated icons branch.

I think Dominik is trying to merge  that into the main branch, perhaps
you did  a retrieval while   he was doing that,  or  maybe one  of  my
changes  slipped into the  main branch.  As of   Friday, I suggest you
merge in "animicons_menupos":

cvs checkout -j animicons_menupos fvwm

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 18:40:35 -0500 (EST)

> changes  slipped into the  main branch.

Dominik said he'd merged the patches sometime Friday afternoon.  I
discovered as I was putting in the autoconf stuff early today, however,
that several files were missing --- including the entire
modules/FvwmAnimate directory!

I retrieved the missing files from the "animicons_menupos"  branch, and
re-added them to the main trunk.  Except for "extras/FvwmTaskBar", the
current sources compile on the platforms that I could test (linux, sunos,
irix, and osf/1).

I have a few small things to tidy up before it can be considered "beta".
It should happen later tonight, or by the end of the weekend at the
latest.

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

I was looking back to see
if you were looking back at me
to see me looking back at you.