Subject: Re: I18N patches?

From: Austin Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 21:33:56 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Makoto MATSUSHITA (=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCJF4kRCQ3JD8kXiQzJEgbKEI=?=) wrote:

> I'm the current maintainer of this i18n patch. I've tried to request
> to merge this into fvwm2 source code (in the age of fvwm 1.2x and
> early 2.x), but no helps.

That's a shame.  These days, when most things are internationalised,
not having your window manager internationalised seems a little
stone-age :)

> this patch makes fvwm a little bit slow on font handling.

Is it really that much slower?   Surely it must be possible to handle
potentially multibyte characters with little extra overhead?

> Speaking about Debian, Debian-JP guys are already merged this i18n
> patch and packaged (fvwm2-ja, version 2.0.46-3). It named 'fvwm2-ja',
> however, not japanized version.

Ok, this sounds like a good interim solution.

Austin
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].