Subject: inconsistencies in parsing/manpage

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 11:41:49 +0200

Hi all,

have you noticed that the 'Next', 'Current' and 'Prev'
functions have a confusing syntax? If you read

 'Next [conditions] ...'

in a manpage I bet you would not expect that you actually
have to type the brackets. There is no hint in the manpage
and it can be frustrating if you do not get the command
working.

An easy fix would be to document in the manpage, but I think
it would be better to use parentheses instead. They are
used for conditions in C and should not confuse the user.
The brackets can be supported for backward compatibility
too. In any case: other commands have optional parameters
denoted by brackets in the manpage, so this is inconsistent.

What do you think? I would do whatever change is wanted.

Ciao

Dominik
-- 
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/14-4596, fax: 07031/14-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].