Subject: What's going on?

From: German Jose Gomez Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 00:39:01 +0200 (METDST)

Just the question, what's going on in the list? I receive no mail
and everything seems a bit dead... hope there's a reason :)

<>-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------<>
   One O.S. to rule them all,          |  German Gomez Garcia
      One O.S. to find them.           |  [email-masked]
   One O.S. to bring them all          |
      and in the darkness bind them.   |  "Wur Qanar Wur Stilor Wur Kas"
<>-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------<>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 09:48:27 -0400

> and everything seems a bit dead... hope there's a reason :)

Good question, I've been wondering the same thing, and I guess
hoping that it was summer vacations.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Sep 1998 13:23:37 -0500

>>>>> "DE" == Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:

DE> Good question, I've been wondering the same thing, and I guess hoping
DE> that it was summer vacations.

I'm not really sure where BradyM went.  It's the beginning of the school
year, though, so I imagine that anyone in academia is going to be pretty
busy right around now.

I set up a CVS tree and did a bit of testing; it's populated with 2.0.47d
and I was waiting to start fresh with 2.0.47e before unleashing it.
Unfortunately that hasn't arrived, so the tree has been sitting idle.  I
suppose there's no point in waiting any longer, so here goes.

The server is cvs.hpc.uh.edu; you can log in with:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs/fvwm login

(the password is 'guest') and fetch the tree with:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs/fvwm checkout fvwm

Once you have the tree checked out, you can update it with:

cvs -z3 update -d

from within the fvwm directory (or any subdirectory therein).  You can
generate a patch from the tree to your locally modified versions with:

cvs -z3 diff -u

You can also see everything on the web at:

http://www.hpc.uh.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/fvwm/?cvsroot=fvwm

I haven't done a byte-by-byte comparison between what comes out of a
checkout and what you get from a fresh tar, but I don't anticipate any
problems.  I may have to get a faster server if there is too much CVS
traffic; I've heard that it can be quite a CPU hog.

Note that I'm not accepting patches or doing any integration; if you're a
module maintainer and want to checkin mods to your module, send me a user
name and an encrypted password.  Everything else will have to wait for
Brady to reappear.

 - J<

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 09 Sep 1998 13:30:48 -0400

Has anyone heard anything from Brady?  It's been quite a while since he
last posted here, at any rate...

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     These are my opinions--Bay Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:11:59 -0400

> suppose there's no point in waiting any longer, so here goes.
...
> name and an encrypted password.  Everything else will have to wait for

I have a rather large patch  available.  Its mostly  a new module, but
some changes to fvwm2 itself are included.

Is there some way we can start using the CVS tree, or should I go with
the old "unofficial patches" route until Brady reappears?

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Sep 1998 17:53:29 -0500

>>>>> "DE" == Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:

DE> Is there some way we can start using the CVS tree, or should I go with
DE> the old "unofficial patches" route until Brady reappears?

Well, I was sort of awaiting feedback that it worked at all, but it works
for me so I'll assume that's universal.

I think CVS really is the way to go, but there was an issue with who
approves submissions and such.  I'm perfectly happy to give out write
access to a few trusted folks if it means that things start happening.  I
don't think anyone wants the unofficial patch mess to continue and while
the complete anarchy of piles of people hacking on the tree at random isn't
a good idea either, there is plenty of middle ground to find.

Dan, send me a user name and crypted password and I'll set you up.  At
worst, if Brady shows back up we can branch for 2.0.27e and merge the
differences later.  (Of course, someone who really knows how to manage
branching in CVS is welcome to provide some insight here.)

 - J<

---

From: Magnus & Tina <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:11:39 +0100 (GMT+0100)

Except for FvwmButtons 2.0.47 works fine.
FvwmButtons doesn't show on screen even though ps shows it is running.
No error messages anywhere.
I currently use an FvwmButtons from 2.0.46 instead.

How should I trace this problem?

BR Magnus Back

> branching in CVS is welcome to provide some insight here.)

      .---.        .----------- Magnus Back
     /     \  __  /    ------   Nippon Ericsson K.K
    / /     \(  )/    -----     SY/NRJ/SV/F MBK
   //////   ' \/ `   ---        [email-masked] (work)
  //// / // :    : ---          [email-masked]             (home)
 // /   /  /`    '--            +81-45-475-0418 phone
//          //..\\              +81-45-475-0040 fax
       ====UU====UU====         http://www2.gol.com/users/magnus/
           '//||\\`            
             ''``
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 09:11:33 -0400

> How should I trace this problem?

This module seems to work for me.

Looking at FvwmButtons.c, I think you want to rebuild with "DEBUG_INIT"
defined and try again.

If you have a very complicated FvwmButtons config, you may want to
try with a simpler one first.

---

From: "Robert H. Ford II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:00:47 -0500

I had a problem FvwmButtons with this version (fvwm2.0.74) also, but a patch was
sent out which fixed this for me.

The problem was that the button bar was starting almost off the screen.  I had a
corner I could get to to move it.

After I applied the patch, it has work like a charm.

Bob Ford II

-- 
    _/_/_/     _/  _/   _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/_/_/ Robert H. Ford II
   _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/    Lucent Technologies
  _/_/_/     _/_/_/   _/_/_/       _/    _/     Bell Labs Innovations
 _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/      Naperville IL, 60566-7045
_/    _/   _/  _/   _/         _/_/_/_/_/_/     mailto:[email-masked]
                                                Voice: (630) 713-4957
__________________________________________________
|  M R spiders!                    |      |   |  |
|  M N O spiders!                  |      |   |  |
|  O S A R - C D E D B D I's?      |      |   |  |
|  Y I B, M R spiders...           |      |   *  |
|                                  *      |      |
|                                         *      |
--------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].