Subject: Problems with 2.0.47c animated move

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 17:19:25 +0100

Hi There,
	I'm having problems due to the way that AnimatedMove moves the cursor
with the window.  Could this be stopped?

I have an FvwmButtons at the bottom of the screen and I run an FvwmAuto 
that moves the FvwmButtons up when the cursor enters and down when it
leaves (just like  the Windows95 taskbar).  The problem with
AnimatedMove moving the cursor is that when I move the cursor out of the
FvwmButtons the AnimatedMove fights with me as I move the cursor (it
wins).

I can see that it is desireable to move the cursor when a menu is being
moved aside to make room for a submenu but I think that the cursor
moving should be done by the menu-popping thing rather than the
AnimatedMove function it calls.  The menu-popping thing already moves
the cursor back so it shouldn't be impossible.

Cheers,
Tim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Greg Badros <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Jul 1998 10:55:14 -0700

> with the window.  Could this be stopped?

Scwm has options to let you control whether you want the mouse to move
or not, but I think they came after I stopped working on fvwm2.  It'd be 
an easy patch for someone to generate, and just require an extra option
to AnimatedMove.  See the scwm code for details.

Greg