Subject: 2.0.47d: FvwmEvent is stripping the last char from config

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 11:03:39 +0100

Hi All,
	FvwmEvent seems to be stripping the las char from my config lines.  If
I try

*FvwmEventCmd Echo
*FvwmEvent focus_change focus

I get "No such module Ech" in the log file

If I use

*FvwmEventCmd EchoX
*FvwmEvent focus_change "focus changed"X

it works fine.

Cheers,
Tim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 12:19:50 +0100

Oops,
	Forget this, it seems to be a problem with FvwmTalk.  FvwmEvent works
fine from config files.

Sorry all,
Tim.

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 07:33:55 -0400 (EDT)

I know I saw a thread on this but I can't seem to finid it.  What was the
resolution to the problem with FvwmButtons ignoring the geometry line on
startup the line I have is 
Geometry -0+0

thanks,
brad

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous

---

From: "Robert H. Ford II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 13:48:11 -0500

> startup the line I have is

I reported the problem starting with the fvwm2.0.47a, then with version "b" and
I still have the problem with version "d".

I have had no resolution and unfortunately I have not had the time to debug the
problem.

My same config files running with version 2.0.45 behaves as expected.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

-- 
    _/_/_/     _/  _/   _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/_/_/ Robert H. Ford II
   _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/    Lucent Technologies
  _/_/_/     _/_/_/   _/_/_/       _/    _/     Bell Labs Innovations
 _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/      Naperville IL, 60566-7045
_/    _/   _/  _/   _/         _/_/_/_/_/_/     Email: [email-masked]
                                                Voice: (630) 713-4957
__________________________________________________
|  M R spiders!                    |      |   |  |
|  M N O spiders!                  |      |   |  |
|  O S A R - C D E D B D I's?      |      |   |  |
|  Y I B, M R spiders...           |      |   *  |
|                                  *      |      |
|                                         *      |
--------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 15:02:55 -0400

> If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry, I haven't been following this, but my FvwmButtons works
fine with -1-1.

Unless you are trying to get -0 working, -1 should be OK.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Robert H. Ford II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 14:45:27 -0500

> Unless you are trying to get -0 working, -1 should be OK.
I use a geometry postion of +1228+133 but FvwmButtons starts at +1264+327

Whats happening?

Thank You

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:17:27 -0400

"Robert H. Ford II" <[email-masked]> writes:
> > > I reported the problem starting with the fvwm2.0.47a, then with version "
> b" a
> > > nd
> > > I have had no resolution and unfortunately I have not had the time to deb
> ug t
> > > he
> > > problem.
> > >

Can't say, it goes to +1228+133 for me.

There seems to be some debugging logic in FvwmButtons for this, try
defining DEBUG_INIT and re-build and run again.

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:47:11 -0400 (EDT)

Well I tried defining all the DEBUG flags and saw nothing of use.
Of course -1-1 works as the geometry that is where it is putting
everything I try.  I am really unfamiliar with the Buttons code but I can
take a look at it unless someone else wants to volunteer

Brad