Subject: Re: fvwm 2.0.47c released

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 10:20:48 -0400

I am noticing that with 2.0.47c that sometimes when I quit and restart
fvwm2, it doesn't seem to know where the focus is.

Ie,  I use "MouseFocus",  the pointer is over  a window, and I press a
key I have bound to "Iconify", and  nothing happens.  After I move the
pointer out and  back into the window with  the mouse the key bound to
"Iconify" works again.

This seems   to be something   like what the  "don't  focus off-screen
patch" fixed, but it doesn't happen after quitting Netscape.

This seems to be new with 2.0.47c.

--
Dan Espen                                Phone: (732) 699-5570
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 18:19:51 -0400 (EDT)

> This seems to be new with 2.0.47c.

        Sounds like it's due to not having the MouseFocusOnStartup
patch (my Fvwm2 translation of Greg Badros' patch for Scwm). It's in
unofficial_patches: I suspect that a number of 2.0.46 users have it 
applied, and I'm pretty sure you're one of them. (Scan fvwm.c or
misc.c for the string CoerceEnterNotify if you want to be sure.)

        Brady: it'd be nice if we could get this one in.

---

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Jul 1998 09:52:54 -0700

>         Brady: it'd be nice if we could get this one in.

Done.

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]