Subject: Re: 2.0.47 almost ready. Need thoughs on CVS

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Jul 1998 14:34:14 -0500

>>>>> "BM" == Brady Montz <[email-masked]> writes:

BM> OK. No CVS for over three weeks.

OK, it's been over three weeks.  I'm back and am getting adjusted.
Fortunately while there were several sets of hardware problems and such
while I was away, things aren't in too much of a shambles and I'll be able
to put some effort into FVWM infrastructure soon.

What I plan is to wait until the next test version comes out, then build a
CVS tree from that, then hang the other services (rsync, CVSweb, etc.) off
of it.  I'll be experimenting tonight or tomorrow; if anyone wants to point
out any useful goodies I'll be hapy to take a look at them.

 - J<
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Jul 1998 21:55:17 -0700

> out any useful goodies I'll be hapy to take a look at them.

Sounds good. I'm busy working on a paper at the moment, in case anyone wonders 
why nothing seems to be happening.

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:50:30 -0400 (EDT)

> out any useful goodies I'll be hapy to take a look at them.

Jason,
since you are setting it up I'll assume you have the knowledge I need.
Could you point me and I'm sure others to just a simple HOWTO on CVS I
have spent most of my time using RCS and have never actually used CVS so
if you wouldn't mind just pointing me in the right direction so I know how
to work all these tools that others are requesting of you.

Thanks,
Brad

-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Jul 1998 08:03:02 -0500

>>>>> "BG" == Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]> writes:

BG> Could you point me and I'm sure others to just a simple HOWTO on
BG> CVS I have spent most of my time using RCS and have never actually used
BG> CVS so if you wouldn't mind just pointing me in the right direction so
BG> I know how to work all these tools that others are requesting of you.

Well, get CVS and docs from cyclic.com.  There's an AutoFAQ there
somewhere, too (which may be something we'll want to look into running.)
Then look at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/majordomo/#cvs> for the
instructions I give for Majordomo (which I will put on the FVWM page once
everything is done).  If you're going to develop, the only other thing you
need to know about is 'cvs diff -u' to generate patches and maybe 'cvs
commit' once write access is given out.

Rsync is, I think, at <URL:http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/>.  Jitterbug is
at <URL:http://samba.anu.edu.au/jitterbug/>.  (I'm going to set up
Jitterbug for Majordomo; I'll be happy to run it for FVWM if we think a bug
tracker is a good idea.)

 - J<