Subject: 2.0.47c: weird file?

From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
Date: 01 Jul 1998 11:03:17 -0400

What's this file for:

  fvwm-2.0.47c/fvwm/mb-ev-patch

??

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>         Network Management Development
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     These are my opinions--Bay Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Jul 1998 09:22:37 -0700

>   fvwm-2.0.47c/fvwm/mb-ev-patch

Good lord, I don't know. I just looked in the tar file Chuck gave me and it's
there too. Anyone brave enough to try out the patch?

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]

---

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 14:30:50 -0400 (EDT)

>>>>> "Brady" == Brady Montz <[email-masked]> writes:

>> fvwm-2.0.47c/fvwm/mb-ev-patch

Brady> Good lord, I don't know. I just looked in the tar file Chuck
Brady> gave me and it's there too. Anyone brave enough to try out the
Brady> patch?

Took me a while to remember what that was (had to dig though the
patch).

I believe it's to make mouse button bindings take effect in proper
order.  Say you have the right mouse button bound to Lower on the
title bar (which I do) and you use ClickToFocus (which I also do).  If
you click the right mouse button on the title bar of a window that
doesn't have the focus, it gets the focus, RAISES it, *then* lowers
it.  I believe that after that patch is applied that the window will
just lower without raising (perhaps not getting the focus either).

Don't recall who submitted it, as I don't have a reference to it (that
I recognize anyways) in my notes of what I was attempting to get into
2.0.47 before I gave up.

Chuck