Subject: fvwm 2.0.47c released

From: Brady Montz <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jun 1998 13:06:10 -0700

I've put 2.0.47c at:

ftp://fozzie.cs.arizona.edu/pub/fvwm/fvwm-2.0.47c.tar.gz
ftp://fozzie.cs.arizona.edu/pub/fvwm/fvwm-2.0.47b-2.0.47c.patch.gz

Changes since version b:

	25. Added FvwmEvent module (successor to FvwmAudio). Replaced
	    FvwmAudio with a program which prints out message to use
	    FvwmEvent. 
	26. Added a usleep() for machines which don't have them. Set
	    HAVE_USLEEP accordingly in configure.h.

also, put some lines in libs/Imakefile so that make install builds libfvwm2.a, 
and applied the sticky meny patch.

-- 
 Brady Montz
 [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Randall S. Winchester" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 18:20:22 -0400 (EDT)

>From "xmkmf -a"

.....
making Makefiles in modules/FvwmEvent...
sh: modules/FvwmEvent: does not exist
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `modules/FvwmEvent/Makefile'
Current working directory
/afs/.glue.umd.edu/project/glue/X/fvwm/fvwm-2.0.47b/.sun4u_55
sh: modules/FvwmEvent: does not exist
.....
sh: modules/FvwmEvent: does not exist
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `includes'

Must be missing from the patch file.

Randall

---

From: "Randall S. Winchester" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 18:29:32 -0400 (EDT)

This is a patch for Fvwm.tmpl that takes care of the "shared library" issue
for my Solaris machines. I turned it in last week but did not hear any
comments back on it.

I have successfully built fvwm-2.0.47b with this patch on the following
platforms and various releases of X11R6.

alpha_dux40 hp700_ux90 rs_aix42 sgi_62 sun4m_55 sun4m_56

The patch basically changes;
$(CC) -o $@ $(OBJS) $(LDOPTIONS).......

to

$(CCENVSETUP) $(CC) -o $@ $(OBJS) $(LDOPTIONS).....

I do not think this will cause anyone else a problem but would be interested
to hear if it did.

CCENVSETUP is defined in the X11 config tree.

If it does not cause a problem, it should probably be included.

Thanks,
Randall
===================================================================
RCS file: RCS/Fvwm.tmpl,v
retrieving revision 1.3
diff -u -r1.3 Fvwm.tmpl
--- 1.3	1998/06/30 22:13:27
+++ Fvwm.tmpl	1998/06/30 22:13:39
@@ -476,7 +476,7 @@
 									@@\
 program: $(OBJS) $(DEPLIBS)						@@\
 	RemoveTargetProgram($@)						@@\
-	$(CC) -o $@ $(OBJS) $(LDOPTIONS) $(LOCAL_LIBRARIES) $(LDLIBS) $(EXTRA_LOAD_FLAGS) @@\
+	$(CCENVSETUP) $(CC) -o $@ $(OBJS) $(LDOPTIONS) $(LOCAL_LIBRARIES) $(LDLIBS) $(EXTRA_LOAD_FLAGS) @@\
 									@@\
 InstallProgram(program,$(FVWMDIR))					@@\
 InstallManPage(program,$(MANDIR))					@@\
@@ -501,7 +501,7 @@
 									@@\
 program: $(OBJS) $(DEPLIBS)						@@\
 	RemoveTargetProgram($@)						@@\
-	$(CC) -o $@ $(OBJS) $(LDOPTIONS) $(LOCAL_LIBRARIES) $(LDLIBS) $(EXTRA_LOAD_FLAGS) @@\
+	$(CCENVSETUP) $(CC) -o $@ $(OBJS) $(LDOPTIONS) $(LOCAL_LIBRARIES) $(LDLIBS) $(EXTRA_LOAD_FLAGS) @@\
 									@@\
 InstallProgram(program,$(FVWMBINDIR))					@@\
 InstallManPage(program,$(MANDIR))					@@\