Subject: MWMDecorMax flag not quite working

From: Austin Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 20:58:39 +0100 (BST)

The MWMDecorMax flag doesn't quite work correctly in fvwm2 2.0.46.
It's supposed to make the button look sunk in if the window has been
maximized (fwin->flags & MAXIMIZED) and we're using MWMButtons and the
MWMDecorMax flag is set.  IE:

Style "*" MWMButtons
ButtonStyle 4 - MWMDecorMax

However, this doesn't work.  The whole thing seems rather confused.

If I put no MWMDecorMax lines in, then when I maximize a window I get
buttons 2 and 3 sinking in (sunk buttons are marked with X):

 1    3                           4    2
[ ]  [X]          Title          [ ]  [X]

Button 2 sinking I can understand, since the MWMDecorMaximize flag is
set in fvwm.c:1023:ResetAllButtons().  But I'm not at all sure why 3
sinks in as well.

Changing the definition of button 4 to:

AddToDecor login
+ ButtonStyle 4 5 50x20@1 20x45@1 50x80@1 80x45@0 50x20@0 MWMDecorMax

doesn't change the behaviour of my "login" decor windows (ie it still
sinks in button 2, but not 3), but changes my "xterm" decor windows to
sink in buttons 1, 4 and 2.

Playing with !MWMDecorMax is just as confusing.

My fvwm2rc is available as /usr/doc/fvwm2/examples/and1000.fvwm2rc.gz
on most Debian Linux boxes, or I can mail it to interested people.

Alternatively, when I find the semi-mythical stockpile of round tuits
I'll have a further look myself :)

Austin
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 17:22:02 -0400

.........----------------==================----
..--==-  Mon, 22 Jun 1998 20:58:39 +0100 (BST),
..--==-  Austin Donnelly (AD) mentioned:

 AD)  The MWMDecorMax flag doesn't quite work correctly in fvwm2
 AD)  2.0.46.  It's supposed to make the button look sunk in if the
 AD)  window has been maximized (fwin->flags & MAXIMIZED) and we're
 AD)  using MWMButtons and the MWMDecorMax flag is set.  IE:

 AD)  Style "*" MWMButtons ButtonStyle 4 - MWMDecorMax

Austin,

Do you have MWMFunctions style flag in addition to MWMButtons?

 AD)  However, this doesn't work.  The whole thing seems rather
 AD)  confused.

True.

 AD)  Alternatively, when I find the semi-mythical stockpile of round
 AD)  tuits I'll have a further look myself :)

If I get some time I'll look as well.

..
 ~~~~~~~~~================-------------......---

--

        Andrew Veliath
	[email-masked], [email-masked]