Subject: NEW GREAT PATCH FOR FVWM2!

From: German Jose Gomez Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 12:41:48 +0200 (METDST)

Well, maybe you remember me, I am that nice guy who wrote the
nextify patch for the marvellous fvwm2, I'm being out of it for a while,
(mainly becasuse I finished my studies (physics) and started new ones
(mathematics) so, sorry for the wait, but I'm on it again, and having
seeing the problems fvwm2 is having to keep up to the new standards,
and because I like it to much to just forget it, I started (today, hehe, 
I code really fast :) a big change to several things in fvwm2 I think
can be improved (mainly menu and decors), so the good news are that it 
was easier that I thought it to be, the bad news are that I indented the
whole code (sorry but I like it kr style :), so the patch is really
great, I'v decided to pack the whole code, but I have no web server
or ftp server to put it on.

	I hope to finished the code before June (it's almost done, but
I want to be sure it works in the rage conditions), so if any of you have
some spare space in his big and incredible ftp server please drop me a
mail (preferebly if you have a good conection to the net, no 28.8kbps
please :) (I've already got an answer to this by Adam K. )

	The look of my fvwm2 is really good now (I would say the best
wm I've ever seen) and it is not too difficult to configure, so....

PS: don't ask for screenshots, I will post some as soon as I could :)

<>-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------<>
   One O.S. to rule them all,          |  German Gomez Garcia
      One O.S. to find them.           |  [email-masked]
   One O.S. to bring them all          |
      and in the darkness bind them.   |  "Wur Qanar Wur Stilor Wur Kas"
<>-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------<>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Greg Badros <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 May 1998 08:45:28 -0700

> can be improved (mainly menu and decors), so the good news are that it 

I already made substantial changes to the menus for 2.0.47, and decors
are significantly improved in Scwm, which descends from fvwm2, but uses
Scheme as a very dynamic configuration language (see my web page).  Be
sure you're not reinventing the wheel.

Greg J. Badros
[email-masked]
Seattle, WA  USA
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/gjb

---

From: German Jose Gomez Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 18:09:59 +0200 (METDST)

Well, I've visited your page (really don't know of it)
and although I haven't applied your patch (my source is reindented :(
it seems a GOOD (TM) Thing, but has nothing to do with my own patch,
my intention is to make menus a really nifty thing, with it you can
apply menu styles in a Popup basis (I mean a different style for each
Popup - of course only if you want so :), I have also reimplement the
nextish lookup, and now you can also set the Menu background as a button
(I mean, gradients, pixmaps, etc. ), and the gradient option has been
rewritten to add the posibility to specify the angle (I keep the 
Horizontal, Vertical, and Diagonal for speed ), also I have changed the
way items are highlighted, now you control all the process.

So I think I'm not reinventing the wheel, but anyway I will include you
patch (with a bit effort and crediting you of course :) in my main tree, 
thanks!

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 12:53:58 -0400 (EDT)

I just wanted to let you know that I have been using your patch and that
the only comment/request I would have is that with your patch you loose
the seperators in the menus which are really nice for organizing hosts if
it you don't wan't numerous sub menus.  So I don't know if it is possible
to have them or not.  Just thought I would point it out.

Brad

---

From: German Jose Gomez Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 19:03:20 +0200 (METDST)

In my new version separators are keeped intact, and I improve
a lot the code (not more need to hashtables or sfx.c), only bad thing maybe
speed (in my dual PII 300Mgz + Motion 771 it's really fast, but ...),
but I would ask improve it as much as I can (not really too much :)

	Any more ideas to menus?