Subject: style flags

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 22:41:27 -0300

A few weeks ago I rewrote the style flags to use bitfields for the
core fvwm2 just to play around with it.  I'm just curious if there is
any interest in this.  I was going to wait for 2.0.47 to re-port it to
that, but I'm not sure how long that will be.

I came up with the following flag manipulation mechanisms (I had the
fvwm2 core up and running using these):

Test flag:

flag_isset(tmp_win->flags, title);

Set flag:

set_flag(tmp_win->flags, transient);

Clear flag:

clr_flag(tmp_win->flags, transient);

With some binary ops:

and_flags(ontmp, onFlags, fw->flags);
eq_flags(oneq, ontmp, onFlags);

The problem remains of sending the flags to the modules, one thing I
was considering was to have it just append a sizeof then the actual
byte data to the end of the message body.

--

        Andrew Veliath
	[email-masked], [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].