Subject: Hi! Couple of quickies ...

From: Tomi Sarvela <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:39:21 +0200

First, I must admit I'm new at fvwm, but it seemed that it does the
best what I want from windowmanager. Thank you for that.

There's been some oddities though (or should I call them features? ;)

The pixmap doesn't seem to update right to the titlebar. I have
pixmap in TitleStyle ActiveUp and InActive, but the pixmap doesn't
show up in any position. If I put it into ActiveDown, too, it shows
up right in other positions. I use ClickToFocus, if that affects
anything.

When the pixmap is in the titlebar, it is under the title, too, but
that's probably a configuring problem for me, as I've seen snapshots
with the pixmap not being under the titletext.

The 'Raised' and 'Sunken' seems to have switched meanings in TitleStyle
definitions (maybe in other Styles, too?) If TitleStyle ActiveUp and
InActive are Flat and ActiveDown Raised, it appears Sunken. Could be
related to the feature above.

I have also thought a possibility to have no pixmap in the iconified
windows: only the title (the opposite of NOICON_TITLE). It could be
done (without adding styles) with SUPPRESSICON, changing it's meaning
to NOICON_PIXMAP, and doing the equal of SUPPRESSICON by using
NOICON_TITLE & NOICON_PIXMAP. That would change only a few lines in
the code, but I can't say about the further effects.

The reason for above? You could have the equivalent of windowlist
(the iconified windows only) in the corner of the screen. Now, if I
could just imagine how to stick the icons to their default places,
so that they couldn't be dragged around, and force the icons (or
icontitles only) to use forced size ... (yes, I think AfterStep
style is nice and clean, but not configurable enough)

I'd like to hear comments why this is or isn't easy or smart to do ...
Bear with me and all the best,

Tomi

[email-masked]
Ideas and thoughts expressed herein are mine, all mine!
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].