Subject: manpage typo fixes

From: Austin Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 13:42:32 +0000 (GMT)

Here's a patch that fixes a number of typos in the manpages
distributed with fvwm2 2.0.46

Austin
------------------------------------------------------------
--- fvwm2-2.0.46-BETA.orig/Fvwm.tmpl
+++ fvwm2-2.0.46-BETA/Fvwm.tmpl
@@ -151,6 +151,12 @@
  * the currently running X server supports it.
  *
  *
+ * -DFVWM_CPP=\"/lib/cpp\"
+ *
+ * Specify where your cpp lives, if it isn't installed as /usr/lib/cpp
+ * Used by FvwmCpp module.
+ *
+ *
  * -DACTIVEDOWN_BTNS
  *
  * Enables the ActiveDown button state.  This allows different button
--- fvwm2-2.0.46-BETA.orig/modules/FvwmIdent/FvwmIdent.man
+++ fvwm2-2.0.46-BETA/modules/FvwmIdent/FvwmIdent.man
@@ -55,7 +55,7 @@
 Tells the module to use \fIcolor\fP instead of black for text.
 
 .IP "*FvwmIdentBack \fIcolor\fP"
-Tells the module to use \fIcolor\fP instead of black for the window
+Tells the module to use \fIcolor\fP instead of white for the window
 background.
 
 .IP "*FvwmIdentFont \fIfontname\fP"
--- fvwm2-2.0.46-BETA.orig/modules/FvwmPager/FvwmPager.man
+++ fvwm2-2.0.46-BETA/modules/FvwmPager/FvwmPager.man
@@ -68,7 +68,7 @@

 .SH COPYRIGHTS
-The FvwmClean program, and the concept for
+The FvwmPager program, and the concept for
 interfacing this module to the Window Manager, are all original work
 by Robert Nation.
 
--- fvwm2-2.0.46-BETA.orig/modules/FvwmWinList/FvwmWinList.man
+++ fvwm2-2.0.46-BETA/modules/FvwmWinList/FvwmWinList.man
@@ -8,7 +8,7 @@
 FvwmWinList is spawned by fvwm, so no command line invocation will work.
 
 .SH DESCRIPTION
-The FvwmWinList module provides a widow list made up of buttons, each
+The FvwmWinList module provides a window list made up of buttons, each
 corresponding to a window that FVWM is managing.  Clicking on the buttons
 with any of the three mouse buttons will either do a default action or
 can be user configured.  Like the other modules, FvwmWinList only works
--- fvwm2-2.0.46-BETA.orig/fvwm/fvwm2.man
+++ fvwm2-2.0.46-BETA/fvwm/fvwm2.man
@@ -19,7 +19,7 @@
 .SH NAME
 fvwm2 \- F(?) Virtual Window Manager (version 2.xx) for X11
 .SH SYNOPSIS
-\fBfvwm\fP [ \fIoptions\fP ]
+\fBfvwm2\fP [ \fIoptions\fP ]
 .SH DESCRIPTION
 \fIFvwm\fP is a window manager for X11.  It is a derivative of
 \fItwm\fP, redesigned to minimize memory consumption, provide a 3-D
@@ -864,9 +864,12 @@
 Moves the mouse pointer by \fIhorizontal\fP pages in the X direction
 and \fIvertical\fP pages in the Y direction.  Either or both entries
 may be negative.  Both horizontal and vertical values are expressed in
-percent of pages, so "CursorMove 100 100" means to move down and left
-by one full page.  "CursorMove 50 25" means to move left half a page
-and down a quarter of a page.  The CursorMove function should not be
+percent of pages, so "CursorMove 100 100" means to move down and right
+by one full page.  "CursorMove 50 25" means to move right half a page
+and down a quarter of a page.  Alternatively, the distance can be
+specified in pixels by appending a 'p' to the horizontal and/or vertical
+specification.  For example "CursorMove -10p -10p" means move ten
+pixels up and ten pixels left.  The CursorMove function should not be
 called from pop-up menus.
 
 .IP "CursorStyle \fIcontext cursornum\fP"
@@ -1299,9 +1302,9 @@
 .IP "OpaqueMoveSize \fIpercentage\fP"
 Tells \fIfvwm\fP the maximum size window with which opaque window
 movement should be used.  The percentage is percent of the total
-screen area.  With "OpaqueMove 0" all windows will be moved using the
-traditional rubber-band outline.  With "OpaqueMove 100" all windows
-will be move as solid windows.  The default is "OpaqueMove 5", which
+screen area.  With "OpaqueMoveSize 0" all windows will be moved using the
+traditional rubber-band outline.  With "OpaqueMoveSize 100" all windows
+will be move as solid windows.  The default is "OpaqueMoveSize 5", which
 allows small windows to be moved in an opaque manner but large windows
 are moved as rubber-bands.
 
@@ -1775,7 +1778,7 @@
 
 If \fIarg1\fP is zero then the new desktop number will be \fIarg2\fP.
 
-If only one argument is given, moves the selected window the the
+If only one argument is given, moves the selected window to the
 desktop specified as \farg1\fP.

------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].