Subject: Facing the GNU year

From: Steve Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 18:29:21 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I've polished off an autoconf'd version of 2.0.46 that -- I hope -- is
decent enough to use in the next release.  It is now on my web page:
http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~stever/software/fvwm

The major changes since the last time I announced here:

* I dropped the "patch kit" of diff file & script; it got too
  cumbersome to maintain.  Now there is just a complete 2.0.46
  distribution.

* the binary name is reverted to fvwm
* config suffix reverted to .fvwmrc
* modules get installed into ${prefix}/libexec/fvwm/$(VERSION)
  -- nominally /usr/local/libexec/fvwm/2.0.46
* system configuration file read from ${sysconfdir}/system.fvwmrc
  -- i.e. /usr/local/etc/system.fvwmrc

* modules in "extras" are configured and built, with the exception of
  fvwmperl and fvwmpython

* a detailed description of the changes and a short primer on working with
  autoconf is included for maintainers

I have to confess that I haven't checked out many of the modules ("extra"
or otherwise) closely, for I don't use them.  They do build: I have built
this version on linux, irix, and osf1.

Comments, success or horror stories are most welcome.

--
Steve Robbins                              <[email-masked]>

I'd probably be famous now, if I wasn't such a good waitress.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].