Subject: Re: FVWM: Dynamic Menus

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 18:31:16 -0400

Self-destroying functions are buggy in fvwm2, since ComplexFunction in
complex.h reuses the pointer after it has been destroyed with
DeleteFunction (!).  This is a bug, and I agree, it would be nice if
they worked.  I'm only guessing that's the problem your having, but
since I saw that your function did that, I thought I'd bring it up
again.

This was discussed a while back (one of the examples included uses
technique), but no one had time to look into it further.  A hack to
get around it should probably get into 2.0.47 and shouldn't be too
hard.  If I get some time I'll look into it, but at the moment my
hands are tied.

--
Regards,
Andrew Veliath
[email-masked], [email-masked]

>>>>> Nils Lohner writes:

    Nils> The problem is this: sometimes it works fine, sometimes it
    Nils> doesn't, sometimes it refuses to remove the popups,
    Nils> sometimes it kills my window system and returns to my login
    Nils> prompt with a core dump.  Can anyone suggest how the
    Nils> AddToFuncs should look to work best?  Is it legal to have a
    Nils> Func destroy itself?  Should all items be "I"?  The last two
    Nils> "C"?  Menu instead of Popup?  I've tried a number of these
    Nils> with varying results, but so far nothing has worked
    Nils> consistently so I'm wondering what the 'correct' way of
    Nils> doing this is.  Or, if anyone has a dynamic directory menu
    Nils> working, I wouldn't mind a copy of that.  If anyone wants my
    Nils> perl code, I can post it once its working.  Thanks for the
    Nils> help in advance.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].