Subject: New hack

From: Eric Brandwine <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:45:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
	I have a couple of home grown patches for Fvwm 2.0.45 if anyone is
interested.

	One draws an outline around the title bar text.  I tend to use
fairly noisy title bar textures, and this makes the text infinitely more
readable.  Right now, it uses the background color for the outline, I am
working on allowing the user to specify a specific color for the outline.

	Window borders disappear now when I maximize a window.  The window
is truly maximized.

	Also, the title bar now extends for the entire width of the parent
frame, the side borders stop at the bottom of the title bar.  Also, there
is no top border (that is what the title bar is for).

	I can send screen shots if anyone is interested.

Eric Brandwine
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Randy J. Ray)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:35:06 -0600

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Brandwine <[email-masked]>
>>>>> wrote the following on Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:45:58 -0400 (EDT)

  Eric> 	One draws an outline around the title bar text.  I
  Eric> tend to use fairly noisy title bar textures, and this makes
  Eric> the text infinitely more readable.  Right now, it uses the
  Eric> background color for the outline, I am working on allowing the
  Eric> user to specify a specific color for the outline.

This one I like. I, too, have the same problem.

  Eric> 	Window borders disappear now when I maximize a window.
  Eric> The window is truly maximized.

Does this affect the ability to normalize the window?

  Eric> 	Also, the title bar now extends for the entire width
  Eric> of the parent frame, the side borders stop at the bottom of
  Eric> the title bar.  Also, there is no top border (that is what the
  Eric> title bar is for).

What about Style NoTitle? I have a lot of windows that have the sizing bars,
but no title bar.

  Eric> 	I can send screen shots if anyone is interested.

Those would help visualize some of these changes...

Randy
--
===============================================================================
Randy J. Ray -- U S WEST Technologies IAD/CSS/DPDS         Phone: (303)595-2869
                Denver, CO                                     [email-masked]
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept." --Calvin
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Eric Brandwine <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 17:50:19 -0400 (EDT)

> Does this affect the ability to normalize the window?
Nope.  As long as you have a Maximize/restore button on the title bar.  I
guess I was not totally clear, the title bar is still mapped.

This is the first step in a greater plan.  The one thing that I love about
the Mac is the global title bar.  I am also writing a module that behaves
like that title bar.  It will have a label area to hold the name of the
window with the current focus, user defineable buttons and menus, somewhat
like GoodStuff, etc.  When a window gets maximized in this scheme, it
loses its title bar, and covers the entire screen except the global title
bar.

> What about Style NoTitle? I have a lot of windows that have the sizing bars,
That is in the works.  When there is no title bar, there will be a top
border.

As for screen shots, I am fairly well firewalled here.  I have no external
web page that I could post them on, and I am loath to post a binary to a
list.  Lemme know, and I will mail something personally.

ericb

---

From: [email-masked] (Randy J. Ray)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:35:06 -0600

Randy

---

From: Eric Brandwine <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 17:50:19 -0400 (EDT)

ericb