Subject: New FvwmCommand

From: Toshi Isogai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 11:23:07 -0600 (MDT)

Here is the new FvwmCommand. It now returns messages from Fvwm to
stdout in text format after some interpretation. This lets users
to write scripts much more flexible than before. I confirmed it
runs on Linux and HPUX so far.

When FvwmCommandS is running, giving a command from xterm

  FvwmCommand -i3 -m

and moving the pointer around gives you a pretty good idea. 
(This is pretty much FvwmDebug+FvwmConsole-readline )

The normal use is

  FvmwCommand 'a fvwm command'...

I haven't written man page yet, the included one is an old one. But, I 
wrote some examples. These and -h option give you some idea.

ex-auto.pl    raise small windows automatically
ex-cascade.pl cascading windows in order of their sizes from different
              pages and desks and move them back
ex-grpmv.pl   move a group of windows together

One problem I should mention is Fvwm itself doesn't take commands
too fast from modules or piperead command. I had to add some delay
between commands. This is in examples as well.

Any comment will be appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------
Toshi Isogai  
KENTEK Information Systems
[email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 17:05:35 +0100 (BST)

> Any comment will be appreciated.

Very nice.  It is in my restartFunction and is used by xbuffy to pop up my mail 
windows.

Cheers,
Tim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].