Subject: resouce confliction

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 15:37:03 -0500

Scott Wu
06/16/97 03:37 PM

I am using fvwm95-2.0.42a on Solaris 2.4 and 2.5.

I have my application called Launcher. In my resource file Launcher.rf, I
have

*Launcher.geometry: 200x100+1+1
*Launcher*defaultFontList:
-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal--17-120-100-100-p-92-iso8859-1

question1.
The first line of the resource hides the 2nd line. That means, if I reorder
these two lines, the geometry
information is lost.

Question 2.
Should the unit of the dimension come from the definition in
*Launcher*defaultFontList?

-----
Scott,

Could you please send me a copy of email for the answer?   [email-masked]
-----

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:17:16 -0400

>>>>> "Scott" == Scott Wu <[email-masked]> writes:

Scott> I am using fvwm95-2.0.42a on Solaris 2.4 and 2.5.

First, we don't deal with problems with fvwm95, unless they happen to
be generic fvwm problems as well.

Scott> I have my application called Launcher. In my resource file
Scott> Launcher.rf, I have

Scott> *Launcher.geometry: 200x100+1+1
Scott> *Launcher*defaultFontList:
Scott> -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal--17-120-100-100-p-92-iso8859-1

Scott> question1.
Scott> The first line of the resource hides the 2nd line. That means, if I reorder
Scott> these two lines, the geometry
Scott> information is lost.

Scott> Question 2.
Scott> Should the unit of the dimension come from the definition in
Scott> *Launcher*defaultFontList?

These are X resource problems, and generally this means that the
problem is in the application, not with the window manager (try it
under another window manager to verify).

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis Developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

         "Go back to sleep, Chuck.  You're just havin' a nightmare
             -- of course, we ARE still in Hell." (Gary Larson)
*******************************************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:17:16 -0400

Scott> question1.

Scott> Question 2.

Chuck