Subject: fvwm 2.0.45 and Xcoral



Hi.

I'm using Fvwm Version 2.0.45 for months now and I'm very happy. In fact
it's the best window manager I ever used.

I compiled a new version of xcoral for the first time (xcoral-3.1, got
it from ftp.x.org (contrib/editors)).

I compiled it on the same SUNOS 4.1.4 box I used to compile fvwm2 and
when I start xcoral, fvwm2 crashes :-(

I tried to run the same application with olwm (SUN's Open Look Window
Manager) and it worked with no problem.

Attached a stack trace from the core file.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Yehuda.

15:15 vanzant:> gdb fvwm2/bin/fvwm2 core
 
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.14.1 (sparc-sun-sunos4.1.3), 
Copyright 1995 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
Core was generated by `fvwm2'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
Reading symbols from /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.so.4.3...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.1.9.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdl.so.1.0...done.
#0  0xef73935c in strlen ()
(gdb) where
#0  0xef73935c in strlen ()
#1  0x2db2c in SendName (module=0, event_type=2048, data1=16777432, 
    data2=7340310, data3=362624, 
    name=0xffffffff <Address 0xffffffff out of bounds>) at module.c:509
#2  0x2dc80 in BroadcastName (event_type=2048, data1=16777432, data2=7340310, 
    data3=362624, name=0xffffffff <Address 0xffffffff out of bounds>)
    at module.c:533
#3  0x3e7c in AddWindow (w=16777432) at add_window.c:674
#4  0x1bd08 in HandleMapRequestKeepRaised (KeepRaised=0) at events.c:667
#5  0x1bc58 in HandleMapRequest () at events.c:647
#6  0x1a6a0 in DispatchEvent () at events.c:156
#7  0x1a6fc in HandleEvents () at events.c:177
#8  0x20420 in main (argc=1, argv=0xeffff864) at fvwm.c:464
(gdb) 

----- End Included Message -----

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].