Subject: "Stroke" interface for FVWM!

From: Mark Willey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 06:15:40 -0500 (EST)

Hello, FVWMers!

I have written a "Stroke" interface to FVWM.  Please check it out if it
seems interesting to you.  My hope is that my patches will be folded into
the main FVWM tree and that this is something that many people will be able
to use.  On the site listed below, I've got info about the stroke library
and a patch kit for fvwm2.0.45.  Enjoy!

The ANNOUNCE for the library:

------------CUT HERE------------8< 8< 8<------------CUT HERE-------------
Announcing the release of LibStroke 0.1
(http://etla.ml.org/libstroke)

LibStroke is an X Windows stroke interface library.  Strokes are motions
of the mouse that can be interpreted by a program as a command.  Strokes
are used extensively in CAD programs.  I fell in love with them when I was
using the Mentor Graphics CAD tools and the CAD tools internally developed
by Intel.  I am writing this library so that others can see how useful
strokes can be and so that more programs take advantage of this extremely
natural human-computer interface.

This library is intended to be used by programmers in their own
applications.  Good target applications are window managers and CAD tools.

Please visit the home page and give it a test drive.  This is a "hacker"
release and I would appreciate any and all feedback on the library.

There is a reference application available on the LibStroke home page:
http://etla.ml.org/libstroke

The reference application is FVWM2 (beta).  Try it, you'll like it.  :)

Enjoy!

Mark Willey
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].