Subject: Bug in decor_examples, function RemoveAllButtons

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 13:25:06 -0500

This had me scratching my head for a while.  I copied "decor_examples"
into my .fvwm2rc and tried switching  back and forth between 2 decors.
I then noticed  that the upper-right handle  seemed  to have too  many
divisions in it, and some of the other handles were missing.

I finally tracked down the problem.  In the following function, buttons
0 thru 9 are removed:

AddToFunc	"RemoveAllButtons"
+ "I"	Style "*"	NoButton 0, NoButton 1, NoButton 2, NoButton 3, \
			NoButton 4, NoButton 5, NoButton 6, NoButton 7, \
			NoButton 8, NoButton 9

The problem is, there are only 8 buttons, 1 thru 8.

The style parsing code doesn't enforce any range  checks on either the
"button" or "nobutton" args, and random bits are flipped.

I   think  it might  be a   good  idea to  fix   the  parsing, and the
"decor_examples" file.

Thanks,
--
Dan Espen                                    Phone: (908) 699-5570
[email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 13:37:11 -0500 (EST)

I posted a simple patch for the NoButton 0 problem a while back.  You
should be able to search for it. 

--
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>        http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
One day, all forms of communication will be superseded by a FAQ.
Finger for PGP Public Key
Key fingerprint =  51 56 5D 3E 51 43 8B 74  7C B2 E4 B6 84 8E 8B 08

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Dan Espen wrote:

> To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
> message to [email-masked].
> To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].
>