Subject: FvwmCDE 0.1 release announcement

From: Orlando Andico <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 17:15:58 +0800 (GMT)

Hello:

I have finally finished FvwmCDE 0.1; it is a module for fvwm-2.0.45 that
duplicates as closely as possible the look-and-feel (but not
functionality, unfortunately..) of the Common Desktop Environment.

The Web page (and a screenshot) is at:

  http://gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph/~orly/FvwmCDE/

You can also get the distribution there (860KB, which is a full source
tree of fvwm-2.045 with my minor patches, plus FvwmCDE itself). You will
also need XForms version 0.84 or 0.85 (the latter preferred) from:

  ftp://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/pub/xforms/test/

There is no documentation as of yet, but I have included a (hopefully
self-explanatory) fvwm2rc. Also, you can wreak wonders on your desktop
with FvwmCDE if you get yourself Kiwi's AfterStep icon collection. I am
using FvwmCDE currently on a 24-bit SGI workstation, and it consumes even
_less_ memory than 4Dwm, plus all Indigo Magic apps still work. And it
looks kewl  :)

Please note the following bugs:

  - startup is slow (have to work on my parser)
  - the parser is fragile; it's supposed to handle embedded pixmap
    filenames like "Net%NetscapeLogo.xpm%scape" but I haven't tested
    this yet.. however, the canonical "Netscape%NetscapeLogo.xpm%"
    works fine.. so don't try to break it!! :)
  - it crashes sometimes when minimized; I don't know if this is an
    FvwmCDE bug or an XForms bug (version 0.85 is a test version)

If there are anymore bugs, please mail me.

Thanks, and enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Orlando Andico                               IRC Lab/EE Dept/UP Diliman
email: [email-masked]          http://gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].