Subject: Suggested adds to configuration info

From: "Randy J. Ray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 09:50:45 -0700

As I prepare to have my module parse the .fvwm2rc file to find the IconPath
and PixmapPath settings, may I offer a suggestion:

When requesting configuration info (via Send_ConfigInfo), maybe certain well-
defined fvwm parameters get sent, as well. Such as:

* IconPath
* PixmapPath
* ModulePath

for starters, at least. These are parameters that almost *have* to be set,
anyway. Modules should know where to find the same pool of icons and pixmaps
that fvwm is already using, and while a module can look at it's own argv[0] to
find where it lives, it might want to know any other places that modules might
be hanging out.

In the meantime, I'll be parsing the dot-file...

Randy
--
===============================================================================
Randy J. Ray -- U S WEST Technologies IAD/CSS/DPDS         Phone: (303)595-2869
                Denver, CO                                     [email-masked]
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept." --Calvin
===============================================================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].