Subject: bug: removing button 0 in 2.0.45

From: Austin Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 20:49:32 +0000 (GMT)

The following (minimal!) config file worked fine with 2.0.43, but
doesn't with 2.0.45:

Style "*"       NoButton 0
Key F1          FSTIW   N       Resize

In particular, hitting F1 to resize a window just beeps if button 0
has been removed.  This used to work in 2.0.43 - but I can't see which
of the (many) changes could be relevant.

Also, the window border decorations are incorrectly drawn.

Austin
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Alan Wild)
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 23:24:15 -0500

> Also, the window border decorations are incorrectly drawn.

Another user at my sight just ran up against this same problem.  All of
his border Handles are miss-drawn if he specifies "NoButton 0".  I'm not
quite sure of the extent but I believe he was having some other problems
which also cleared up by removing that particular Style command.

I also have experienced some problems with Ileaf (Motif-based word
processing package).  It doesn't seem to want to start up under the new
release, but I haven't bee able to determine what the cause of the
problem is.  I'm presently investigating this.

Incidentally, our system is HP-UX 10.10 and fvwm was built with cc -Ae

I have experienced absolutely no problems with 2.0.45 on my Linux 2.0.28
system.  (Built that version as soon as Chuck sent out the patch).

-Alan

-- 
Alan Wild <[email-masked]>           /T\ f/s/c lou95
IT-HSC Consultant       Speed School Student Council        Speed News Guy
http://www.spd.louisville.edu/~arwild01 or ==> ~triangle/ ~spdnews/ ~sssc/