Subject: Color for (Bitmap) Icon ?

From: "Peter J. Weyers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 12:06:29 +0100 (MET)

Hi all,

A was reading your discussion for some time an got the impression, that
Version 2.0.45 would be quite stable and includes some nice features I
like, especially the MiniIcons, so I gave it a try, and I am quite
impressed!

                 What you build is realy great !!!!!

As my time permitts, I would like to contribute to the work. Of course,
I'm aiming at features I'm missing myself:

The '[H]Gradient' styles makes my windows look very nice. However, this
gives me the possibility to set a specific color to the region of the
Titlebar where the title appears. Now selecting a foreground color which
has a sufficient contrast to that color might result in a color with a
rather low contrast to the window background color. This is okay 
with windows, as I set the color at the respective place of the
titlebar with the 'HGradient' style for the Active and InActive windows as
well.

BUT: The icons suffer from that, as the bitmaps (wich could be replaced 
by pixmaps with their own color) and icon names (which could not be
changed to my understanding) are shown in the color settings for the
window, maybe resulting in a combinatin of low contrast.

I hope, I am right that far. If not I am very sorry to missuse this
list for configuration questions.

If I am right, I would like to implement new (style? decorate ?) commands
IconColor <fore>/<back>, HiIconColor <fore>/<back> to set the icon colors
seperatly. In advance I would like to now of course, if anybody is already
working on something like that. And wether this had a chance to become
part of the official fvwm2.

BTW: Is this a philosophy or only inherited from fvwm 1.XX, that setting
     hilighted and normal colors for windows is quite different? I refer
     to 'Color' beeing a Style option, but HilightColor beeing a
     decoration.

Peter _______________
 ----| Info, PGP-Key | -->  http://sugra.desy.de/user/weyers/home.html <--
      ---------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].