Subject: Num lock interactions

From: Austin Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 18:28:33 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Something to be added to the FAQ, I think - I've been asked this same
question about 4-5 times now.

Q: When I turn on Num Lock, I can't move windows any more!  What gives?

A: Since XFree86-3.1.2, "Num Lock" has been considered a modifier key,
   similar in spirit to shift, caps lock, control etc.
   This changes the meaning of lines like this in your fvwm2rc:
      Mouse 1     ST     N     Move
   This means "left mouse button in the sides or titlebar with no
   modifiers runs the Move command" -- note that it specifies no
   modifiers.  But if you have Num Lock turned on, that counts as a
   modifier, so this line won't match.  What you need to do it add a
   line to cover this case:
      Mouse 1     ST     2     Move
   Num Lock is modifier number 2 - hence the 2 in the line above. You
   need to do this for each definition you have which should be run
   when your not holding down any modifiers.

Austin
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].