Subject: Re: FVWM: New syntax

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 16:30:33 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, Andrew Veliath wrote:

> Yes, I see the behaviour with the buttons.  Actually I remember noticing
> this last year sometime as well -- it seems to be a problem with fvwm2.  I
> think you found this since it was previously a less used feature, but I
> guess with the decors it is more useful.
> 
> btw, it seems to work if you put the NoButton options on the Style for
> XPostIt instead

I just figured out why the UseStyle doesn't work -- it is pretty clear
actually.  UseStyle finds the first occurance in the name list and then
uses only those values.  It ignores further, identical entries in the list
(new entries are created even for identical names), which is precisely why
it only uses the values from the first Style command. 

This means UseStyle is a bit broken, but the workaround as described
before is to place the entire Style definition on a single line, or to use
the \ to continue on next lines.

--
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>        http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
One day, all forms of communication will be superseded by a FAQ.
Finger for PGP Public Key
Key fingerprint =  51 56 5D 3E 51 43 8B 74  7C B2 E4 B6 84 8E 8B 08

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].