Subject: fix patch to 2.0.44

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 07:49:11 -0500 (EST)

I've made andrew4.2.0.44.diff.gz available under

http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa/projects/fvwm_patches/dist/ .

The file andrew3-andrew4.2.0.44.diff.gz in there is the change from
andrew3 (mainly for Chuck, very small).

I think this will fix Larry's problem with DestroyDecor and shrinking
windows, but have not tested it (however, it should be changed anyway).

Andrew

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 14:11:59 -0500 (EST)

> windows, but have not tested it (however, it should be changed anyway).

Larry has notified me that this has fixed the problem!  Thanks Larry :-)!

Andrew

---

From: Ian Spielman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 13:56:35 +0000 (GMT)

I have just finished writing a patch to FvwmIconBox that does much the 
same as my last patch does; it makes the icons is the box the NextStep 
shaded style. In addition it moves the shading functions into the /libs/ 
area so that other functions and modules can use them. If there is any 
interest to this patch I will post it to my home page. In truth I will 
post it no matter what, but interest will speed up the process.

Second, while looking at FvwmIconBox I observed that it was using a 
structure that was similear to FvwmWindow, and it seems that if I changes 
the structure to that I could move all of the icon code out of 
/fvwm/icon.* and put it into the /lib/ area too, seeing as the code is 
otherwise identical. Just a though. Is seems that FvwmGoodstuff and 
FvwmButtons all use nearly identical code to the fvwm/icon.c code, so why 
have three nearly idencial hunks of code when we can have one piece of 
code. This is good for more than asthetics, becuase linux is sufficently 
smart to share this code (if we make a shared lib that is).

Just my thoughts,
	Ian

*************************************************************************
*Ian Spielman                                                           *
[email-masked]                                                       *
*http://hepserver.nhn.ou.edu/~spielman/                                 *
*************************************************************************

---

From: Patrice Fortier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 10:37:02 +0100 (MET)

Looking at your Web page I saw that you also patched FvwmButtons (or
do you use Warf?) to get the AfterStep (NextStep) look. Is this patch
available anywhere?
I patched FvwmButton to put get the same look as enligtment (a pixmap 
background, or a transparant background) and I'd be very interested in
your version. Note that the need of the 'None' color in AfterStep
icons (or at least Warf) is because they ALWAYS use the Shape
extension even if it isn't needed, and Shapes functions WANT a None
color.

Lokh.

---

From: Ian Spielman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 20:24:41 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
	As it turnes out, I am using wharf. When you use wharf in FVWM 
there is a change is syntax. I'll just paste the relevent part of my 
.fvwm2rc file here for inspection. I am using a plain un-patched wharf. 
There is exactaly one problem (that I don't care about): you need to 
patch wharf alittle bit to make it swallow things under FVWM. Becuase I 
think swallowing things can waste memory, I don't.

Ian

---

From: Ian Spielman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 04:06:19 +0000 (GMT)

If you open some windows and iconify them, clever placement still avoids 
their (non-iconified) positions. This is bothersome, if the whole reason 
they were iconified was the free up space for a new application.

Ideas?

Ian

---

From: Anthony Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 23:21:21 -0800 (PST)

> they were iconified was the free up space for a new application.

I can't duplicate this behavior.  Once I iconify a window, the next window
pops right up in its place as it should.  It seems that for some reason in
your case, the ICONIFIED flag isn't getting set.  Could you or anyone else
who sees this behavior send me your .fvwm2rc file?

Thanks.

Tony.