Subject: Re: Script for making menus...

From: Austin Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 09:55:08 +0000

On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Ilkka E. T. Tuohela wrote:

> 	My friend has done a little perl script, which reads directories
> and generates fvwm menus from them. I think you should test it too, it
> could make adding programs to fvwm menus easier for installation
> scripts, although debian seems already have something like this.

Yes, Lars Wirzenius wrote the first version of the Debian script in a
mixture of sh and awk.  I recoded it in perl.

Lars has a little documentation on the web, at:

  http://www.cs.Helsinki.FI/~wirzeniu/debian/fvwm2menu/

It's part of the standard Debian fvwm2 package, but anyone else is
most welcome to use it.  I'll post the script later, if there's a
demand.

Austin
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].