Subject: Wish list addition: enhanced StaysOnTop/StaysPut.

From: Xris Laas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 15:57:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'd like to make an addition to the wish list:  An enhanced
StaysOnTop/StaysPut style option that had more than two independent
window stacks; at least three, but preferably N.  This could be used to
implement the StaysOnBottom command, for one thing, and probably could
lead to further extensions for grouping windows and applying actions to
particular stacks.  You could have syntax like

Stacks 3
Style "*" Stack 2
Style "FvwmButtons" Stack 3
Style "xosview" Stack 3
Style "xbiff" Stack 3
Style "Reminder" Stack 1
Style "Notification" Stack 1

"Stacks" would default to 2, and the parser would translate
StaysOnTop/StaysPut to "Stack 1"/"Stack 2".  Commands could be added to
raise/lower windows from one stack to another.  Etc.

Is anybody doing this or has plans to do this?  I'll look and see if I
can do it, but I'm no Fvwm internals expert.  Does anyone have any
additional ideas or comments?  Should I wait for the Semi-mythical Great
Style Flag Rewrite?

--Xris

--
... that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable
rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of
happiness...
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Prologue, "Declaration of Independence"

{ Chris "Xris" Laas }----{ [email-masked] }----{ [email-masked] }

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].