Subject: Startup timing bug

From: Manoj Kasichainula <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 15:55:35 -0500 (EST)

It's still there. :(.

       8. Hopefully fixed long standing startup timing bug in which
          some windows didn't get Style attributes or borders (by
          fixing when server was grabbed and making sure it didn't get
          ungrabbed to early accidentally)

It doesn't appear to be fixed. I got rid of the sleep 1 in front of my
rxvt window, but the window still:

1. Comes up in the default gray
2. Has _no_ buttons
3. Does change to my HiLightColor when it is focused.
4. I have some alt-mouse bindings for windows, borders, and titlebars
(Alt-Left = Iconify, Alt-Middle = Move, etc.) In this weridified window,
the binding is not recognized.
5. The window _does_ use the WindowFont it is supposed to.
6. It does not recognize any of its Style attributes or the "*"
attributes. (SloppyFocus, IconBox, etc.)

As always, my FvwmCpp-interpreted fvwm2rc is at:

http://dosa.ini.cmu.edu/~manojk/fvwm2rc

I've also placed my .xsession up for perusal:

I have confirmed this under fvwm-2..0.44-almost with just about all the
bug-fix patches posted to this list, under Linux 2.0.27. I haven't tried
2.0.44 under HP-UX yet, but the bug appeared on it under 2.0.42 and
2.0.43.

-- 
Manoj Kasichainula - [email-masked] | "Any technology sufficiently
http://dosa.ini.cmu.edu/~manojk/           |  advanced is indistinguishable
Graduate Student in Information Networking |  from a Perl script.
Finger for PGP public key & Geek Code      |  - _Programming Perl_, 2nd ed.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].