Subject: A Call for Examples!

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 01:40:35 -0500

Hello everyone.

Here are some examples (actually at this point it's all I got :-).
Please post some examples if you have any.  I think some of these are
possible sample rc candidates for Chuck, but, of course they must be
posted before being considered (hint, hint :-).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is what I use for WindowShade (double-click the title-bar):

Mouse 1	T	A	Move-Raise-Shade

AddToFunc Move-Raise-Shade	"I" Raise
+				"M" Move
+  				"D" WindowShade

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some CUA similar bindings I use:

Key F4		A	M	Close
Key F4		A	SM	Destroy
Key space	W	M	Popup SomeWindowOpsMenu

Then in SomeWindowOpsMenu of course a tab (must be tab) should be
placed after the &Close option and then Alt-F4 (or Meta) or something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is what I use for FvwmCascade/FvwmTile:

AddToMenu TileMenu
+	"&Horizontally"		FvwmTile -h -mn 3 2 2 90 85
+	"&Vertically"		FvwmTile -mn 3 2 2 90 85

AddToMenu [I actually put this on root menu :-]
+	"&Cascade"		FvwmCascade -resize 2 2 80 60
+	"&Tile"			Popup TileMenu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is a pitiful rc example for UseDecor, however it requires
andrew.diff.gz (in http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa/private) to change the
title bar height.  It is a variation of the standard rc look but with
small title bars for xterms.  {SMALL,BIG}WINDOWFONT should replaced
(unless you use FvmwM4 or FvwmCpp).

# Default decor
WindowFont BIGWINDOWFONT
ButtonStyle 3 13 26x29@1 34x21@1 50x35@1 70x21@1 79x29@1 \
63x48@0 79x65@1 70x75@0 50x61@0 34x75@0 26x65@0 44x48@1 26x29@0

#  Default title bar for mini-windows decor
AddToDecor "Mini Window"
+ WindowFont SMALLWINDOWFONT
+ ButtonStyle 3 13 26x29@1 34x21@1 50x35@1 70x21@1 79x29@1 \
63x48@0 79x65@1 70x75@0 50x61@0 34x75@0 26x65@0 44x48@1 26x29@0

Style "*"		BorderWidth 10,HandleWidth 8

Style "XTerm"	UseDecor "Mini Window",BorderWidth 6,HandleWidth 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For window navigation I use these:

Key Tab		A	C	Function ToggleWindow
Key Right	A	SCM	NextWindow
Key Left		A	SCM	PrevWindow

AddToFunc FocusWindow		"I" Focus
+				"I" WarpToWindow 10 10

AddToFunc NextWindow		"I" Next [!iconic] Function FocusWindow

AddToFunc PrevWindow		"I" Prev [!iconic] Function FocusWindow

AddToFunc ToggleWindow		"I" FlipFocus
+				"I" Prev [!iconic] Function FocusWindow

Later,
Andrew

--
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>        http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
One day, all forms of communication will be superseded by a FAQ.
Finger for PGP Public Key
Key fingerprint =  51 56 5D 3E 51 43 8B 74  7C B2 E4 B6 84 8E 8B 08
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].