Subject: Bugs in iconicizing code.

From: Anthony Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 23:24:13 -0800 (PST)

Forget the patch to CleverPlacement that I made a few days ago.  It fixes
one thing but breaks another.

It seems that some of the iconifying functions in fvwm don't set the flags
properly, and there is no way for SmartPlacement or CleverPlacement to
determine whether an icon is mapped or not.  It looks to me like the
ICON_UNMAPPED flag should be set for windows that are "iconicized" but
there is actually no visible icon.  This occurs when the NoIcon style is
used.  However, the ICON_UNMAPPED is not getting set.

I don't think that there is any way for SmartPlacement or CleverPlacement
to behave properly until this is fixed.

Could someone familiar with the iconicizing code take a look at it?

Thanks.

Tony.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].