Subject: MWM Button Functions Patch

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 17:09:44 -0500 (EST)

Okay okay ;-), here is a solution to the problem with MWM button function
hints. What it does is remove the MWMButton button flag, and adds the
following, from the changed man page entries:

...  
These flags are usually used to tell fvwm which buttons should be affected
by MWM function hints. This is not done automatically since you might have
buttons bound to complex functions, for instance.

"MWMDecorMenu" should be assigned to title bar buttons which display a
menu.  The default assignment is the leftmost button.  When a window
with the MWMFunctions Style option requests not to show this button,
it will be hidden.

"MWMDecorMin" should be assigned to title bar buttons which minimize
or iconify the window.  The default assignment is the second button
over from the rightmost button.  When a window with the MWMFunctions
Style option requests not to show this button, it will be hidden.

"MWMDecorMax" should be assigned to title bar buttons which maximize
the window.  The default assignment is the rightmost button.  When a
window with the MWMFunctions Style option requests not to show this
button, it will be hidden.
...

The default setup is defined automatically for each decor as (this does
not need to be specified):
ButtonStyle 1 - MWMDecorMenu
ButtonStyle 4 - MWMDecorMin
ButtonStyle 2 - MWMDecorMax

But, for instance, I had two maximize buttons, 6 and 4, one minimize
button, 2, and a title menu button, 3.  I could specify the following: 

ButtonStyle All - Clear
ButtonStyle 3 - MWMDecorMenu
ButtonStyle 2 - MWMDecorMin
ButtonStyle 4 - MWMDecorMax
ButtonStyle 6 - MWMDecorMax

The "Clear" special flag clears any old flags first to be safe.

The patch is named mwmbtnfuncs.diff and is located in:

http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa/projects/fvwm_patches/dist

Andrew

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].