Subject: mini-icons and tcl/tk

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 14:05:11 -0500

I am the author of tkgoodstuff, which works as an fvwm2 module.  I'm thinking
about how I might get the user's mini-icons into tkgoodstuff's WindowList.  I
have not programmed Xlib stuff before.  Can anyone supply broad hints as to
what I can do (in C) with the information that the MINI_ICON packet contains?
Ultimately, I would want to end up with a tk "image"---so if you know about the
tk end of things that's what I'm really after.  But as a start it would be
useful to know what I'm getting from fvwm2.

Alternately, I could set things up so that tkgoodstuff handles the mini-icon
configuration, sending fvwm2 the "Style ... MiniIcon ..." lines.  But unless I
want to make a general on-line fvwm2 configuration tool (for which I don't have
nearly the time), it seems better to get the mini-icons from fvwm2 where 
possible. 

I've looked a bit at what FvwmIconMan does with MINI_ICON packets, but since
I can't get FvwmIconMan even to show mini-icons (despite compiling with mini-
icon support and including *FvwmIconMan*drawicons 1" in my .fvwm2rc) I don't
know if that's my best strategy.

Thanks for any advice,
Mark

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].