Subject: Menu code, anyone working on it?

From: Ilkka E T Tuohela <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 15:04:46 +0200 (EET)

I wanted to fix ugly keyboard handling with menus, almost made it but
my code was so bad that I didn't like it and began thinking of rewriting 
menus.c ... There are some changes to menus.h too. I think struct 
MenuRoot should have some additions, MenuRoot *parent and
MenuItem *selected, with which keyboard movement could be made cleanly. 
I would also like to add new functions NextItem/PrevItem etc. and change
menu redraw routine to just check where selected is pointing, thus
making int state in struct MenuItem obsolete. 

What is wrong with keyboard handling? We should only be able to move
inside menus, jump over Titles and Nops etc. This isn't easy to write
cleanly with current structure. Also I think focus should go to first
or last used entry when opening a menu. Opinions about that? Should
it be an new configuration option, maybe JumpToFirst/UseLastSelected?

I'm working with it right now, but if we don't get still a couple of betas
more before 2.1.0, it will not get ready before that.  

If someone is working with this, tell me so I don't duplicate your
work..
	
	* hile *
	   
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].