Subject: fun with decors (okay, maybe "fun" is a bit much :)

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 08:37:49 -0500 (EST)

I thought the following simple stuff is neat to experiment or start
out with if you've not tried using the decor stuff yet.

Given that you have some sort of customized window setup, type the
following in FvwmTalk [preferably]:

addtodecor test
changedecor test

Then click on a window -- doing so will change the current decor to a
standard Fvwm decor (named "test," but it starts out that way).  Then,
do this:

changedecor default

And click on the window you just did, and it will go back to normal.
With ChangeDecor you could add a menu to the window which even has
some sort of tagging so if you have a number of uniform windows and
want to mark one as important.

I've found it nifty (with my height.diff patch) to give the XTerms on
my TP760 a very small font so that the screen looks larger when I am
working mostly on many terminals on a screen, so I use something like
the following in my rc file:

AddToDecor "XTerm" WindowFont 5x7
+ BorderStyle -- HiddenHandles

Style "XTerm" UseDecor "XTerm"

Having these small title bars is reminiscent of those seen in M$, but
of course much better since they look like Motif :-).

Andrew
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].