Subject: Re: FVWM: A bug type thing in The CleverPlacement option.

From: Anthony Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 21:57:51 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, Ian Spielman wrote:

> If you open some windows and iconify them, clever placement still avoids 
> their (non-iconified) positions. This is bothersome, if the whole reason 
> they were iconified was the free up space for a new application.

OK, I think I found the problem.  You were using FvwmIconBox and the
NoIcon style (although you had this commented out in the .fvwm2rc file
that you sent me, which threw me off for awhile). Whey you "iconify" a
window with this option, it doesn't really get iconified, it just gets
unmapped.  The following patch should fix it.  Let me know if you have any
problems. 

Tony.

--- placement.c.orig    Sat Jan 25 21:18:42 1997
+++ placement.c Sat Jan 25 21:17:14 1997
@@ -270,7 +270,8 @@
     return -2;
   for(testw = Scr.FvwmRoot.next ; testw != NULL ; testw = testw->next)
   {
-    if((testw == t) || (testw->Desk != Scr.CurrentDesk))
+    if((testw == t) || (testw->Desk != Scr.CurrentDesk) ||
+       !(testw->flags & MAPPED))
        continue;
     if((testw->flags & ICONIFIED)&&
        (testw->icon_w))

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].