Subject: Bug in fvwm-2.0.43 (line overrun)

From: "Carl D. Roth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 12:54:05 -0500

I didn't see mention of this in in the mail archive, so here goes.

I'm using fvwm-2.0.43 on linux, and my PixmapPath line keeps getting
longer and longer...  If it's 255 characters or longer, fvwm refuses
to start, but doesn't give a reason why.  No, I didn't look at the
source code.  Yes, I did play around with the line to figure out the
line length limit.

If this bug has already been identified, please ignore this message!
Carl Roth  mailto:[email-masked]  (finger for PGP public key)

---

From: Toshi Isogai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 14:32:40 -0700 (MST)

>If this bug has already been identified, please ignore this message!

This is due to text size limit in module communiction function 
HandleModuleInput. In your case, the module reading initial config file 
is killed by fvwm.

It may handle more than 255 chars if you re-compile after changing maximum
string size and related conditional statements in HandleModuleInput in
module.c under fvwm directory.

Toshi Isogai   
KENTEK Information Systems
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].