Subject: Re: FVWM: fvmw2.0.44 ???

From: "Charles Hines" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 16:46:50 -0500

>>>>> "TF" == Fleish  <[email-masked]> writes:

TF> Anyone know when 2.0.44 is scheduled to be released?
TF> Todd

"Real Soon Now" :)

Actually, it is getting close.  I have some more minor things to
finish, then Andrew Veliath (who has a few more finals to take over
the next few days) has agreed to merge his latest Borderstyle patch (I
couldn't keep up with his changes) into my current development version
which will become 2.0.44-almost, which I will then give to the workers
mailing list for pre release testing.

Then shortly after that I'll release 2.0.44 (ideally, less than a
week).

Then a few weeks later I'd like to get 2.1.0 out (will only be bug
fixes and minor updates).

Chuck

ps - this prompted me to add another FAQ question:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

34) When will fvwm release X.Y.Z be ready?

A: This is always a difficult question to answer.  I work on fvwm in
   my rather nebulous and semi-mythical "spare time", therefore I
   usually can't provide an exact answer for this, since my time
   estimates for it are often wrong/changing.

   "Real Soon Now" is one of my favorite responses when they are
   getting close, but then, who is to say what "close" means? :)

   Never fear though, as they will keep coming...  I do try to post
   periodic status reports to the mailing lists, so you could search
   the archives at any point in time to see if I've made any reports
   lately.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].