Subject: FVWM: WindowFrame Pixmaps

From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 08:23:28 -0400

>>>>> Regarding FVWM: WindowFrame Pixmaps;
>>>>> [email-masked] (Martin Cartwright) adds:

    Martin> =>From: Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]> =>Dare you try it,
    Martin> you need to apply my tbp5 patch and then this one (in
    Martin> =>that order).

    Martin> Righto. Have done. After finding that you have to put the
    Martin> whole path for the pixmaps even when pixmap path is
    Martin> specified I now have really groovy window frames. Thank
    Martin> you very much! Nice One! and Good Work Fella! etc etc etc.

    Martin> Now in a good impression of never being satisfied.. How
    Martin> about completing the look with textured menus and textured
    Martin> bacckgrounds for FvwmButtons and possibly icons???

Good to hear it seems to work there.  I am not sure why you need the
entire path there, as it is working here with pixmap path. 

Well, as for new features, I just put a *new* patch on the page which
also allows one to turn off the resizing handles (down side is that
the texture maps don't smoothly connect).  Selectively too, since it
is just a flag for each ActiveUp, ActiveDown or Inactive, i.e., to
turn the flag on even after you've configured the pixmap, say you
might:

Check out

http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa/projects/fvwm_patches/fvwm_title_picture.html#patches

for the new patch (tbp5b) and a small pic.

Whew... :)

Enjoy,
Andy

-- 
Andrew Veliath <[email-masked]>        http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa
Finger for PGP Public Key
Key fingerprint =  51 56 5D 3E 51 43 8B 74  7C B2 E4 B6 84 8E 8B 08
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Patrice Fortier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 14:22:55 +0200 (MET DST)

Martin Cartwright wrote:
> Righto. Have done. After finding that you have to put the whole path for the
> pixmaps even when pixmap path is specified I now have really groovy window
> frames. Thank you very much! Nice One! and Good Work Fella! etc etc etc.

Strange. I've tested the patch at noon and had not such a problem.
Is your PixmapPath like this?
PixmapPath /.../pixmaps/:/.../pixmaps2/
                       ^^^

> Now in a good impression of never being satisfied.. How about completing 
> the look with textured menus and textured bacckgrounds for FvwmButtons and
> possibly icons???

FvwmButtons is maintained by Jarl:
http://www.fm.unit.no/~jatotal/fvwm.html
I'm waiting for the FvwmButtons background too... I read that Jarl's
made the changes 6 months ago but broke his hard disk. I had no news
since then :(.

Icons???
What do you want to do with icons????

Lokh.