Subject: More info on Panning problems

From: Manoj Kasichainula <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 15:15:26 -0400 (EDT)

I've menioned a problem before where I cannot pan between pages on my
virtual desktop without moving a window into another page or clicking on
the pager module. I tried looking through the fvwm source to find
something, and failed miserably. :) But, I have more info on this bug,
which may be helpful to someone who _does_ understand the source. 

It seems that until a window is moved _in any way_ or the pager is
clicked, any cursor movement outside the current page will fail.

Interactive move fixes things.
Move 100 100 fixes things
Panning using the cursor fails
CursorMove 100 100 fails
clicking anywhere on FvwmPager (including on the current page) fixes
things
GotoPage 1 0 fixes things. 

So it seems that in the section of code that handles cursor movement,
there's some variable that isn't initialized correctly until window
movement, GotoPage, or a click on FvwmPager

_________________________________________________________________________
Manoj Kasichainula - [email-masked] | "Violence is the first refuge
http://dosa.ini.cmu.edu/~manojk/           |  of the violent."
Finger for PGP public key & Geek Code      |     - Aaron Allston

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Manoj Kasichainula <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 15:20:41 -0400 (EDT)

Oops. forgot to mention where to get my fvwm2rc for testing purposes:

http://dosa.ini.cmu.edu/~manojk/fvwm2rc

It requires FvwmCpp.